PDA

View Full Version : Le'veon Bell - 4 games suspension

jimnyc
07-25-2016, 07:34 AM
So first he gets 2 games off, for being arrested for marijuana possession prior to last years season. Part of the punishment is to be prepared to be drug tested at any possible time. Recently, the dickhead blew off 2 of these tests. Now he is automatically out for the first 4 games this year. Best RB in the NFL and he has to go and get high in the offseason. :(

darin
07-25-2016, 08:11 AM
#rickywilliams

:)

jimnyc
07-25-2016, 08:28 AM
#rickywilliams

:)

That's the first thing my Bro said when I told him. Ricky basically QUIT the NFL so that he can continue to get high!! LOL

I don't care if Le'veon want's to do his thing, but it's gotta be within the rules, don't hurt the team!!

GravyBoat
07-25-2016, 11:05 AM
Marijuana isn't even a crime, it's an invention of statists to fill prisons and keep a known cancer remedy from the people. I would now cite DMP's signature seen above. Still, rules are rules. But then, no one with the name Le'veon has ever been known to have any common sense. Remember the league had a guy named Lawyer Milloy? How about Gynecologist Jones? Remember him?

Gunny
07-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Marijuana isn't even a crime, it's an invention of statists to fill prisons and keep a known cancer remedy from the people. I would now cite DMP's signature seen above. Still, rules are rules. But then, no one with the name Le'veon has ever been known to have any common sense. Remember the league had a guy named Lawyer Milloy? How about Gynecologist Jones? Remember him?

Really, dude. I used to be a total pot head. I quit to keep my job. Grow up.

But a known cancer remedy? You potheads just make up all kinds of crap. Got to admit it's the first time I heard this one. :laugh:

Elessar
07-25-2016, 09:24 PM

Yes it is, possession of it is a crime by Federal definition. Believe it or not, it was criminalized back in the 1930's through
the strong influence by the brewery and distillation industry, seeing it as a competitor. I now believe it should be regulated
like alcohol and tobacco.

And NO...it is NOT a cancer remedy. It might relieve ache and agony, but does not remedy or cure.

Gunny
07-25-2016, 09:55 PM
Yes it is, possession of it is a crime by Federal definition. Believe it or not, it was criminalized back in the 1930's through
the strong influence by the brewery and distillation industry, seeing it as a competitor. I now believe it should be regulated
like alcohol and tobacco.

And NO...it is NOT a cancer remedy. It might relieve ache and agony, but does not remedy or cure.

I completely agree with your comment. However I disagree with weed being illegal. You smoke at home, or have a designated driver? Power to you.

What I DON'T agree with is people saying it's less harmful than alcohol. Like Hell. You get behind the wheel stoned, you may as well be drunk. And you can't bullshit the bullshitter. I've done both.

Elessar
07-26-2016, 12:45 AM
I completely agree with your comment. However I disagree with weed being illegal. You smoke at home, or have a designated driver? Power to you.

What I DON'T agree with is people saying it's less harmful than alcohol. Like Hell. You get behind the wheel stoned, you may as well be drunk. And you can't bullshit the bullshitter. I've done both.

You forget that I am Maritime Law Enforcement trained. By Federal Law, even possession of a personal use amount is illegal.
While small amounts will not be prosecuted, our boarding teams are compelled By Law to confiscate even a single joint
and turn it over for disposal. This is generally done through state authorities if within 3 miles of shore. If it is called
'medical' in nature, the holder must have that 'card' in possession. "Plain Sight" applies here, too. If the stuff, pipes,
or other paraphernalia are in Plain Sight, it will be confiscated. Our boarding teams will not do an intrusive search of
a vessel or person unless there is probable cause to do so.

Offshore, it is referred to the FBI and DEA.

Gunny
07-26-2016, 04:38 PM
You forget that I am Maritime Law Enforcement trained. By Federal Law, even possession of a personal use amount is illegal.
While small amounts will not be prosecuted, our boarding teams are compelled By Law to confiscate even a single joint
and turn it over for disposal. This is generally done through state authorities if within 3 miles of shore. If it is called
'medical' in nature, the holder must have that 'card' in possession. "Plain Sight" applies here, too. If the stuff, pipes,
or other paraphernalia are in Plain Sight, it will be confiscated. Our boarding teams will not do an intrusive search of
a vessel or person unless there is probable cause to do so.

Offshore, it is referred to the FBI and DEA.

I didn't forget. Used to hide from you guys in Miami a lot. :)

My professional opinion was simply this: If you're going to smoke weed, you're going to get caught and don't tell me you do since some think it's my duty to turn you in. Go see the Chaplain if you got the urge to flap your gums about it. Simple as that.

We fell under Federal law, not state law, same as you. You pop positive and it's NJP at a minimum.

My personal opinion is if you want to go home and roll one up, it's no different to me than running home and downing a cold one or pouring a drink.

I DO agree that urinalysis testing in the military promotes alcoholism. So does $1 beer on the pier. And cut-rate drinks at the Club. So does TV. Everyone's always going out for a drink, or sloshing one down in their office. Society has profound effect on our habits.