PDA

View Full Version : Democrats snub Fox News, but debate at a event held by DailyKos.

red states rule
07-24-2007, 09:12 PM
How can Dems sell this to anyone who thinks they are a better alternative than what the GOP has to offer.

This snub may be the watershed moment for the entire DNC and their 2008 hopes.

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 09:14 PM
How can Dems sell this to anyone who thinks they are a better alternative than what the GOP has to offer.

This snub may be the watershed moment for the entire DNC and their 2008 hopes.

I dunno it would be hard to decide to vote for if Mccain or Paul make it past the primaries, hell if that happens, I hear the weather is nice in Canada! :laugh2:

red states rule
07-24-2007, 09:16 PM
I dunno it would be hard to decide to vote for if Mccain or Paul make it past the primaries, hell if that happens, I hear the weather is nice in Canada! :laugh2:

McDone and What's His Name will be on the outside looking in very soon

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 10:35 PM
McDone and What's His Name will be on the outside looking in very soon

I think McCain is done as far as the Senate goes as well. It's unfortunate he has gone Liberal as he used to be a great guy and did a lot for our country............

red states rule
07-25-2007, 04:30 AM
I think McCain is done as far as the Senate goes as well. It's unfortunate he has gone Liberal as he used to be a great guy and did a lot for our country............

He made the same mistake alot of Republicans make. He actually started top care what the NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times, TIME, Newsweek, CNN, and MSNBC sadi about him

Have yiou ever seen the way Chris Matthews fell all over McCain on his TV show? You would think Chris was ready to ask McCain to marry him

red states rule
07-25-2007, 07:35 AM
The melting snowman, Tennessee rednecks and the novelty of the CNN-YouTube Democratic debate attracted 2.6 million television viewers, a slight drop from the numbers who tuned in for a more traditional exchange last month.

While the debate Monday stretched the boundaries of traditional political broadcasts, a previous CNN debate of the Democratic candidates on June 3 attracted 2.8 million viewers. A MSNBC televised debate on April 26 attracted 2.3 million.

CNN reported getting 45.5 million page views on its Web site and said its television audience among 18-34 year-olds totaled 407,000, highest ever for cable news programing.

Steve Grove, head of news and politics for YouTube, said Monday's debate "differs markedly from the typical town hall format _ it makes the town hall the world" in which anyone anywhere can participate.

"I think this debate represents a truly evolutionary moment in politics," Grove said, noting that the video format gave questioners time to think through how best to present their question without the stage fright that sometimes afflicts town hall questioners.

Some advocates said the YouTube-CNN debate in which ordinary people got to ask questions by submitting personal videos deserves an 'A' for effort and a 'C' for innovation _ it tried hard to push the envelope, but only partially succeeded and could have done much more.

"It looked to me to be similar to other debates we've seen _ town-hall formats where ordinary people ask questions," said Ian Bogost, assistant professor of digital media at Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta.

A melting snowman might inject humor, but so did a female questioner during a 1992 MTV town hall-style debate who asked Bill Clinton whether he wore boxers or briefs, Bogost noted.

http://www.southernledger.com/ap/Dem_Debate_Attracts_2.6_Million_Viewers