PDA

View Full Version : RNC drives 3rd Party searches up 1,150% in a week

crin63
07-25-2016, 01:30 PM
During the TRUMP/RNC glory week 3rd Party Google searches went up 1,150%.

But then I guess when Trump only mentions the Constitution one time, Conservatism zero times, Freedom one time, Liberty zero times, the Unborn zero times, God zero times and himself 83 times some might be a little off-put by that.

You Trump people got what you wanted. I hope I'm wrong. I really hope I'm wrong.

[QUOTE]Google says it has had a huge spike in searches for “3rd party candidate 2016” during the Republican National Convention. The search went up 1,150 percent in the past week./QUOTE]

http://fox59.com/2016/07/21/google-searches-for-3rd-party-candidate-2016-up-1150-during-rnc/ (http://fox59.com/2016/07/21/google-searches-for-3rd-party-candidate-2016-up-1150-during-rnc/)

jimnyc
07-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Not trying to pee in anyone's Wheaties.... While the searches may be up, Johnson, for example, has now dropped down to 7.2 when he was hovering between 9 and 10. Stein I don't follow numbers at all, but that one sits at 3.2. It doesn't appear they were overly thrilled with what they found when doing those searches.

Gunny
07-25-2016, 04:06 PM
Not trying to pee in anyone's Wheaties.... While the searches may be up, Johnson, for example, has now dropped down to 7.2 when he was hovering between 9 and 10. Stein I don't follow numbers at all, but that one sits at 3.2. It doesn't appear they were overly thrilled with what they found when doing those searches.

I think talking time is over. We man the line or lose. You know how I feel about Trump. It hasn't changed. You also know how I feel about winning and keeping that criminal Dem out of office.

And anyone that wants to come down here and get a good taste of Johnson's commie-ville, I can tell you where the motels are. I don't care what he says. So-called conservatives in this state aren't even close to close. They call themselves conservative while waiting in line to cash a welfare check and pick up their WiC.

Gunny
07-25-2016, 06:37 PM
And how do you drive up to 1,150%? On what mathematical scale is that?

crin63
07-25-2016, 07:15 PM
Trump and company could have healed the tension and brought unity to the party by presenting Conservative values. Trump should have thanked Cruz for his speech, (the speech he knew was coming) highlighted the key points on Liberty and the Constitution. Showed that he wasn't the thin-skinned narcissistic egomaniac thug that he is believed to be but no, punks and thugs are gonna do what punks and thugs do.

Abbey Marie
07-25-2016, 09:12 PM
Trump and company could have healed the tension and brought unity to the party by presenting Conservative values. Trump should have thanked Cruz for his speech, (the speech he knew was coming) highlighted the key points on Liberty and the Constitution. Showed that he wasn't the thin-skinned narcissistic egomaniac thug that he is believed to be but no, punks and thugs are gonna do what punks and thugs do.

If he had spoken of those things, the haters would just say he was lying.

crin63
07-26-2016, 12:00 AM
If he had spoken of those things, the haters would just say he was lying.

Sure, some would have but that's what a lot those over here in the peanut gallery were hoping to see and hear. For Trump to give them a reason to vote for him instead of just voting against Hillary. He failed in that. Those I know who were on the fence as to whether they could in good conscience vote for him are now finding it even more difficult.

Gunny
07-26-2016, 01:03 AM
Sure, some would have but that's what a lot those over here in the peanut gallery were hoping to see and hear. For Trump to give them a reason to vote for him instead of just voting against Hillary. He failed in that. Those I know who were on the fence as to whether they could in good conscience vote for him are now finding it even more difficult.

Just to be clear, I feel exactly the same as you do about Trump. He was 18th out of 17 with me. However, in the interest of peace, let's just let it go. I don't want to be policing my friends scrapping over this crap.

I know when to take a stand and when it ain't worth it. This one's not. Anyone voting 3rd party is wasting a vote. Simple as that. If that's too much logic, sorry. I've been consistent on that, and will continue to say the same thing.

We are our own worst enemy.

crin63
07-26-2016, 02:20 AM
Just to be clear, I feel exactly the same as you do about Trump. He was 18th out of 17 with me. However, in the interest of peace, let's just let it go. I don't want to be policing my friends scrapping over this crap.

I know when to take a stand and when it ain't worth it. This one's not. Anyone voting 3rd party is wasting a vote. Simple as that. If that's too much logic, sorry. I've been consistent on that, and will continue to say the same thing.

We are our own worst enemy.

I won't be voting 3rd party, there isn't anyone I could support. I am wrestling with my conscience over whether I can vote against Hillary by voting for Trump. I will not for Trump, I cannot vote for Trump but can I vote against Hillary and ink spot the card next to Trumps name? That's a question I will be wrestling with all the way up until I'm the booth with my ballot.

Right now, I'm heart-sick, nauseated, and pissed but trying to keep my cool. Trump getting the nomination is having the same effect on me that Obama being re-elected did. I'm trying to keep the rage I feel over it caged until I calm down. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to do.

Gunny
07-26-2016, 03:59 AM
I won't be voting 3rd party, there isn't anyone I could support. I am wrestling with my conscience over whether I can vote against Hillary by voting for Trump. I will not for Trump, I cannot vote for Trump but can I vote against Hillary and ink spot the card next to Trumps name? That's a question I will be wrestling with all the way up until I'm the booth with my ballot.

Right now, I'm heart-sick, nauseated, and pissed but trying to keep my cool. Trump getting the nomination is having the same effect on me that Obama being re-elected did. I'm trying to keep the rage I feel over it caged until I calm down. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to do.

I'm voting against Hillary. Simple as that. I am not willing to lose friends over it.

Abbey Marie
07-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Crin, I believe you are a man of integrity and I do understand your reasons for not wanting Trump. He was never my favorite. But how will you feel if Hillary wins and packs the courts with progressive libs who start making even partial birth abortion Constitutional? Open borders? Polygamy? Assisted suicide? Etc. The list of potential horrors is a long one. I couldn't live with myself.

crin63
07-27-2016, 03:16 AM
Crin, I believe you are a man of integrity and I do understand your reasons for not wanting Trump. He was never my favorite. But how will you feel if Hillary wins and packs the courts with progressive libs who start making even partial birth abortion Constitutional? Open borders? Polygamy? Assisted suicide? Etc. The list of potential horrors is a long one. I couldn't live with myself.

Abbey, I absolutely agree with you about Hillary. She's the devil we know. Trump is the devil we don't know for sure but he financed her and helped to make her career possible. Sorry, I forgot he gets a pass for that because it was just business. That's the biggest bunch of horse dung. He gets a pass because it was just business while anyone else would have been held accountable. He get's a pass for the 160 million dollars that came from Soros because it was just business. Hell, it was just business every time Hillary committed crimes against the American people. She was just making money as she killed Americans. It's so totally disingenuous when people say it was just business.

You can't seriously think Trump would appoint judges that would ever tell him no. They would obviously be too stupid to be appointed if they weren't just going to give him whatever he wants.

Look, I don't blame anyone who for votes for Trump in November to keep Hillary out. I just don't know if I can do it. I really don't think I can but I don't know. He is just as big a liar as her, he financed her and endorsed her, he took money from Soros like her and so on. The only difference to me is that she has blood on her hands and her screeching voice. The voice might push over the edge for me so I can vote for him. I'm so incredibly pissed off that it is like this.

If Hillary wins it's because people chose not to go with a Constitutional or Conservative candidate, they went with a mop head playing them and having a temper tantrum. We kept saying we didn't think we could vote for Trump in November but that was dismissed because they wanted what they wanted no matter what. Well, they got it. Now if we don't vote for him it's supposed to somehow be our fault if Hillary wins. I don't think so. It's the Trump supporters fault for putting us in this position in the first place. It's the Trump supporters fault for perpetuating his lies and silencing any dissension. That is not necessarily true of all those on here who supported Trump but it has been my entire experience elsewhere.

Gunny
07-27-2016, 04:17 AM
Abbey, I absolutely agree with you about Hillary. She's the devil we know. Trump is the devil we don't know for sure but he financed her and helped to make her career possible. Sorry, I forgot he gets a pass for that because it was just business. That's the biggest bunch of horse dung. He gets a pass because it was just business while anyone else would have been held accountable. He get's a pass for the 160 million dollars that came from Soros because it was just business. Hell, it was just business every time Hillary committed crimes against the American people. She was just making money as she killed Americans. It's so totally disingenuous when people say it was just business.

You can't seriously think Trump would appoint judges that would ever tell him no. They would obviously be too stupid to be appointed if they weren't just going to give him whatever he wants.

Look, I don't blame anyone who for votes for Trump in November to keep Hillary out. I just don't know if I can do it. I really don't think I can but I don't know. He is just as big a liar as her, he financed her and endorsed her, he took money from Soros like her and so on. The only difference to me is that she has blood on her hands and her screeching voice. The voice might push over the edge for me so I can vote for him. I'm so incredibly pissed off that it is like this.

If Hillary wins it's because people chose not to go with a Constitutional or Conservative candidate, they went with a mop head playing them and having a temper tantrum. We kept saying we didn't think we could vote for Trump in November but that was dismissed because they wanted what they wanted no matter what. Well, they got it. Now if we don't vote for him it's supposed to somehow be our fault if Hillary wins. I don't think so. It's the Trump supporters fault for putting us in this position in the first place. It's the Trump supporters fault for perpetuating his lies and silencing any dissension. That is not necessarily true of all those on here who supported Trump but it has been my entire experience elsewhere.

Several of us don't disagree with you, crin. But ALL of our experiences are different. I tried to talk people out of supporting Trump for a year. I can't stand him. In the end, I can't stand Hillary more. I want her defeated and completely out of government. She shouldn't be able to touch anything ever.

Ad I'm going to play the noob in the humor forum with an analogy game. You're on a CH-46 landing in Kuwait City. You got 12 jarheads you're responsible for. Did I get to pick the team? No. The Corps issued me that squad. My job was to deal with what I was issued, not what I wished for. You make what you have work. You don't get to just toss in the towel because you don't like the situation. What would have happened had I just tossed my rifle on the ground and said f- this? People would have died.

Sometimes you just do what you think is best. You think I preferred spending Christmas in a cat litter box than with my babies? I could care less about Kuwait. It's as backwards ass as any other country over there. But the team needed me and I them. There's a time to be an individual and a time to be part of the team.

Abbey Marie
07-27-2016, 07:43 AM
Crin, I note your blaming Republicans' who nominated Trump if Hillary wins, rather than those who won't vote for Trump. I will just direct you to read up on the legal term "proximate cause".

Kathianne
07-27-2016, 08:10 AM
Crin, I note your blaming Republicans' who nominated Trump if Hillary wins, rather than those who won't vote for Trump. I will just direct you to read up on the legal term "proximate cause".
Those of us that choose to sit it out or vote for alternative to the con man or the liar have no legal obligation to vote for the two chosen by those who chose them in the primary.

I feel a moral obligation to vote against these two and will not apologize for doing so.

OTOH, if Trump wins and proves me wrong, I'll gladly apologize for not believing he actually changed his positions over and over and over again. I have no fear that Hillary will live down to or exceed my very poor opinion of her and her dishonesty.

revelarts
07-27-2016, 08:50 AM

:clap:

revelarts
07-27-2016, 09:15 AM

something else to check are Sins of Commission and Sins of Omission.

if anything those that Voted for Trump in the primaries have sins of COMMISSION.
By ignoring all of the conservative shortcomings and anti-conservative promotions of Trump and embracing his jingoistic shallow bombast.

Crin nails it. The Trump supporters put us here with a Republican candidate worse than a RINO. And more narcissistic than Obama.
Will Hillary be worse maybe, probably. will the country survive either? probably. at what cost. unknown.

If trump wins we have someone who again... AT BEST... MAYBE SLOW the slide to the left by 4 years.... in 1 or 2 areas. But do you think the left is going to sit on their hands and allow him to do all he wants? even the on the VERY FEW conservative points he's mumbled soft support on? Will conservatives hold his feet to fire to make conservative issues a top priority or make them happen or will people be called traitor and accused of helping the left if they question Trumps left leaning choices or slow movement on conservative issues? Will the excuse making for Trumps words and acts continue as it does now. i suspect it will.

But on the other hand, strategically speaking, I wonder if there are enough "conservatives" that IF Hillary were elected president that they would actually FIGHT her by electing real Conservatives to congress that have a backbone, writing congress, marching, showing up at capital hill to protest, at the congressmen offices, and will fight her as hard as possibly as if it really means the life of the nation. Or would they be looking for congress people more like TRUMP? a "strong candidate". So they can maybe win the presidency back and fix it later.

I suspect that many on the right are so soft on principals and are truly longing for "a strong man" at this point that we could not muster a real defense against any attack on conservative principals we say we want to defend. Much less be inspired defend the constitution. (especially if that means All of the constitution and that Muslims and others might rank the same protections as "normal americans") the right seems FAR more concerned about Mexicans and Muslims at this point, all other "conservative" issues are negotiable down to nothing. Except maybe the 2nd amendment. cause yakow we might have to fight the gov't (or a race war) one day.:rolleyes:

Kathianne
07-27-2016, 09:29 AM
something else to check are Sins of Commission and Sins of Omission.

if anything those that Voted for Trump in the primaries have sins of COMMISSION.
By ignoring all of the conservative shortcomings and anti-conservative promotions of Trump and embracing the jingoistic shallow bombast.

Crin nails it. The Trump supporters put us here with a Republican candidate worse than a RINO. And more narcissistic than Obama.
Will Hillary be worse maybe, probably. will the country survive either? probably. at what cost. unknown.

If trump wins we have someone who again will MAYBE SLOW the slide to the left by 4 years.... in 1 or 2 areas. But do you think the left is going to sit on their hands and allow him to do all he wants? even the on the VERY FEW conservative points he's mumbled soft support on? Will conservatives hold his feet to fire to make conservative issues a top priority or make them happen or will people be called traitor and accused of helping the left if they question Trumps left leaning choices or slow movement on conservative issues? Will the excuse making for Trumps words and acts continue as it does now. i suspect it will.

But on the other hand, strategically speaking, I wonder if there are enough "conservatives" that IF Hillary were elected president that they would actually FIGHT her by electing real Conservatives to congress that have a backbone, writing congress, marching, showing up at capital hill to protest, at the congressmen offices, and will fight her as hard as possibly as if it really means the life of the nation. Or would they be looking for congress people more like TRUMP? a "strong candidate". So they can maybe win the presidency back and fix it later.

I suspect that many on the right are so soft on principals and are truly longing for "a strong man" at this point that we could not muster a real defense against any attack on conservative principals we say we want to defend. Much less be inspired defend all of constitution. (especially if that means All of the constitution and that Muslims and others might rank the same protections as "normal americans") the right seems FAR more concerned about Mexicans and Muslims at this point, all other "conservative" issues are negotiable down to nothing. Except maybe the 2nd amendment. cause yakow we might have to fight the gov't (or a race war) one day.:rolleyes:

If Trump loses, the reasons are already clear: It will be the fault of those that wouldn't vote for him by voting other than either party and those that choose not to vote at all.

I remember a lot of blame on those that stayed home with Romney. I didn't blame them, the fault would be the candidate and his messages and how the messages were handled by his team and the RNC. Getting out the vote? That's on local folks. If they aren't really in support of the candidate? That's what happens.

In this case there are some, how many is questionable, that have deep issues with THIS candidate and will not vote for him. Some will vote Hillary, but my guess is more will skip the top, vote 3rd party, or write in someone.

In areas that are strong on Trump, the vote will be gotten out. Others? How many are weak or against? I dunno.

I really believe if Trump loses, an alternative party will have to be established for those kicked out. If he wins? It will depend on him. In either case, pretty much a nightmare for the RNC.

revelarts
07-27-2016, 09:53 AM
If Trump loses, the reasons are already clear: It will be the fault of those that wouldn't vote for him by voting other than either party and those that choose not to vote at all.

I remember a lot of blame on those that stayed home with Romney. I didn't blame them, the fault would be the candidate and his messages and how the messages were handled by his team and the RNC. Getting out the vote? That's on local folks. If they aren't really in support of the candidate? That's what happens.

In this case there are some, how many is questionable, that have deep issues with THIS candidate and will not vote for him. Some will vote Hillary, but my guess is more will skip the top, vote 3rd party, or write in someone.

In areas that are strong on Trump, the vote will be gotten out. Others? How many are weak or against? I dunno.

I really believe if Trump loses, an alternative party will have to be established for those kicked out. If he wins? It will depend on him. In either case, pretty much a nightmare for the RNC.

Hillary's put the DNC in just about the same boat. there are plenty of Dems that will not vote for Her.
Both parties have shot themselves in the foot.

very small consolation is that everyone sees the electorate a bit more clearly. and everyone sees the corruption of both parties a bit more clearly.

fj1200
08-04-2016, 11:40 AM

The proximate cause of trump losing is trump being the nominee and running what at this point appears to be an absolutely horrible campaign that does nothing to court voters he should already have or provide reasons that we should vote for him. How many proximate causes am I allowed to have? ;)

Besides, I vote conservative, not populist.