PDA

View Full Version : Marine General endorses Hillary

crin63
07-26-2016, 12:03 AM
This is very disheartening to see and hear.

http://http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2016/07/25/marine-gen-john-allen-has-endorsed-hillary-clinton-president-heres-why-matters/87539996/

Gunny
07-26-2016, 12:26 AM
This is very disheartening to see and hear.

http://http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2016/07/25/marine-gen-john-allen-has-endorsed-hillary-clinton-president-heres-why-matters/87539996/

Needs to be drummed out the gate.

Kathianne
07-26-2016, 12:35 AM
Just reading the article I'm guessing that with his criticism of Obama he's of the mind that Trump sounds similar in position regarding Iraq/Afghanistan. There's 'hope' that Hillary would defer to advice-not much, but some.

Gunny
07-26-2016, 04:44 PM
Just reading the article I'm guessing that with his criticism of Obama he's of the mind that Trump sounds similar in position regarding Iraq/Afghanistan. There's 'hope' that Hillary would defer to advice-not much, but some.

General officers, regardless branch of service are politicians wearing uniforms. Rarely do they know what is going on. They're completely shielded by lower ranking officers. I am surprised at this only because we are not allowed to make political statements as Marines. As private citizens yes. As Marines, no.

And the excuse he didn't do it as Marine doesn't work. I never responded to the media. If I go out right now and kill someone the headline is going to read: "Former Marine Goes on Murder Spree." Doesn't matter I've been out almost as long as I was in.

Elessar
07-26-2016, 06:01 PM
General officers, regardless branch of service are politicians wearing uniforms. Rarely do they know what is going on. They're completely shielded by lower ranking officers. I am surprised at this only because we are not allowed to make political statements as Marines. As private citizens yes. As Marines, no.

And the excuse he didn't do it as Marine doesn't work. I never responded to the media. If I go out right now and kill someone the headline is going to read: "Former Marine Goes on Murder Spree." Doesn't matter I've been out almost as long as I was in.

That is quite true. In this day and age it is one means of getting past the O-6 level.

I got media calls all the time on cases or incidents. I would tell them I did not have
time for interviews and would pass them off to a Public Affairs person. I found out really
fast and early the media likes to twist words to suit their agenda - was not going to play that game.

Gunny
07-26-2016, 06:15 PM
That is quite true. In this day and age it is one means of getting past the O-6 level.

I got media calls all the time on cases or incidents. I would tell them I did not have
time for interviews and would pass them off to a Public Affairs person. I found out really
fast and early the media likes to twist words to suit their agenda - was not going to play that game.

When you consider I went from 5 years of journalism and honors English, right into running in boots and utes, I already knew their deal. I also knew the regs. I cannot speak with you unless a PA person is present. I do not make policy. I carry it out. Go talk to that Gunny.

Elessar
07-26-2016, 07:14 PM
When you consider I went from 5 years of journalism and honors English, right into running in boots and utes, I already knew their deal. I also knew the regs. I cannot speak with you unless a PA person is present. I do not make policy. I carry it out. Go talk to that Gunny.

Sometimes we had little choice because the Command Centers were the only number manned 24/7.

Examples: "Listening to the scanner...what are your helicopters doing at the harbor entrance." "Training flight."
"Ohh..<click>"

"What are your helo and boat doing out there." "Report of a person in the water." "Can you
give me details?" "Not right now, trying to develop them ourselves and make an assist
if necessary." "Call me back?" "No...call (PAO Number)"

Media could be real pests.</click>:cool:

Gunny
07-26-2016, 07:26 PM
Sometimes we had little choice because the Command Centers were the only number manned 24/7.

Examples: "Listening to the scanner...what are your helicopters doing at the harbor entrance." "Training flight."
"Ohh..<click>"

"What are your helo and boat doing out there." "Report of a person in the water." "Can you
give me details?" "Not right now, trying to develop them ourselves and make an assist
if necessary." "Call me back?" "No...call (PAO Number)"

Media could be real pests.</click>:cool:

You did a different job. Stands to reason the media whores would mob around the comm center. Very few of those babies wanted a trip out on the sand. When they did, we ignored them and told them if they got shot it was on them. A couple were cool. Most were whiny f*cks that wanted special privileges.

I can remember telling one jerk off, "No you don't rate my powdered Gatorade. Your slimy little ass will be back aboard ship or on a base in a day or so. I'm here for awhile. Your ass can suffer like the rest of us. You wanted to be here. I sure a shit didn't request your presence. So suck it the f*ck up."

Elessar
07-26-2016, 09:39 PM
You did a different job. Stands to reason the media whores would mob around the comm center. Very few of those babies wanted a trip out on the sand. When they did, we ignored them and told them if they got shot it was on them. A couple were cool. Most were whiny f*cks that wanted special privileges.

I can remember telling one jerk off, "No you don't rate my powdered Gatorade. Your slimy little ass will be back aboard ship or on a base in a day or so. I'm here for awhile. Your ass can suffer like the rest of us. You wanted to be here. I sure a shit didn't request your presence. So suck it the f*ck up."

Was in the middle of working a pretty nasty case off Shelter Cove (Humboldt County) CA...where I was coordinating
a 225 ft Buoy tender, a helo, and a Motor Lifeboat.

A PA3 (E-3) called wanting details and statements.. told her I did not have time. Then, she had the nerve to say
"Well, I am the Duty PA! You understand Duty, don't You". I lit her up like a cheap candle...

"Girl, I've been doing this job since you were still playing on swingsets....stood more duty than you'll ever know.
Bug off, and do NOT call again.":laugh:

Gunny
07-26-2016, 10:12 PM
Was in the middle of working a pretty nasty case off Shelter Cove (Humboldt County) CA...where I was coordinating
a 225 ft Buoy tender, a helo, and a Motor Lifeboat.

A PA3 (E-3) called wanting details and statements.. told her I did not have time. Then, she had the nerve to say
"Well, I am the Duty PA! You understand Duty, don't You". I lit her up like a cheap candle...

"Girl, I've been doing this job since you were still playing on swingsets....stood more duty than you'll ever know.
Bug off, and do NOT call again.":laugh:

Just so you know. I was required ro know Naval rank Structure. If the explanation is for anyone else, go for it. You don't need to explain it for my benefit. I used to hang with the BM-3s. We'd UA smoke and everything.

I know I'm dumb I can't look THAT dumb. Ain't nobody coming 4 decks down to see if you're smoking. Shit, they'd get lost and we'd have to have a search party. "Lost. One LtJG going below decks". :laugh: