PDA

View Full Version : MSM Has The Trump Problem Now

Kathianne
07-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Lots of truth here, from a now hated source.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/438349/media-helps-trumps-image-because-they-cry-wolf-all-republicans?utm_source=NR&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=July27Goldberg

Media Have a ‘Cry Wolf’ Problem with Trump

Decades of smearing decent Republican candidates leaves them without credibility on Trump’s demagoguery.

By May, Trump had already received roughly $3 billion worth of free media, thanks to ratings-hungry TV networks. CBS chief Les Moonves summarized it well at an investor conference in February: Trump’s rise “may not be good for America, but it’s damn good for CBS.”

Only slowly have the media come around to the realization that Trump is an actual threat, but now it may be too late because they have a serious “cry wolf” problem. Millions of Americans firmly believe that journalists are water carriers for the Democrats and will tune out much of what they have to say about Trump now that he’s the nominee.

Every election cycle, the GOP nominee is smeared as a racist by the Democrats or the press — or both. Representative John Lewis of Georgia trades in a bit more of his hard-earned moral authority each time he insinuates that the GOP nominee is like George Wallace or wants to bring back Jim Crow, and political columnists relinquish a bit more of their claim to objectivity each time they let his comments pass without condemnation or criticism.

George W. Bush revived for the Left the paranoid style in American politics, and if you google “John McCain, racist, 2008” you’ll see he was lazily demonized too.

In 2012, pundits said Paul Ryan wanted to throw old ladies over cliffs because he wanted to reform Social Security. When Mitt Romney spoke to the NAACP, the response from many in the media was, per usual, “Racist!” (It’s ironic that many of the notable Republicans rebuking Trump this year are the ones pundits were only too happy to paint as racist not long ago.)

Already, editorial boards are preparing their indictments of what they believe to be Donald Trump’s incompetence, bigotry, and authoritarianism. Trump operatives will undoubtedly respond: “That’s what they always say about Republicans.” And they’ll be right.

Elessar
07-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Lots of truth here, from a now hated source.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/438349/media-helps-trumps-image-because-they-cry-wolf-all-republicans?utm_source=NR&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=July27Goldberg

For a very long time now, the MSM has been incapable of printing or broadcasting
simple FACT; instead pushing out OPINION. Almostevery one of them seem to think that they
have to steer public thought and opinion, but always in a partisan manner.

When something erupts somewhere, they are quick to jump on it and toss out narrow
opinion, but rarely when shown to be wrong will detract what they say.

I do not need opinion if I am viewing the News. I want Fact...capable of forming
my own Opinion.