PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Cool: Is Your State ID Right?

Kathianne
07-27-2016, 09:53 AM
I can really only address IL and AZ, but I've had a waiter come up to me in AZ and question if I made a mistake on the tip! I was like, 'um, no. I tip over 20% when service is great, obviously you provided such even now.' My dad always said to tip 20%, minus tax. Up to 30% for great service. 1. the server really survives on tips. 2. They'll remember you the next time. LOL!

AZ? 3 times now there's been weird stuff in the sky that I couldn't identify. Each time there were reports in AZ Republic regarding the lights, one was unexplained. The other two were 'military related.'

http://cdn0.wideopencountry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/1f5e1a79bbf0eafcbbbfab0990711cb0_970x.jpg

revelarts
07-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Seem about right for my state, Virginia. One of the largest if not the largest private military shipbuilding contractor is on the coast. With the largest navel base in the world just down the road. If you look for ajob a surprisingly large number require a security clearance. If you go to the DC area of Virginia there are tons of govt contractor work/ jobs . Langley Virginia home of the CIA. Then there's the NASA facility with the Langley Air force base that has plenty of contractor biz that hangs with them. Just to name the majors off the top of my head. So yeah

Gunny
07-29-2016, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure why this is an issue. I've had a military ID since I was 10. You weren't going anywhere on base without it. When this became an issue I was kinda dumbstruck. You have to have an ID in TX too, whether or not you drive.

I didn't have a SSN until I was 16. Now you are required to get one for your babies.

SO why is it only actual US citizens are required to have ID's? I have to register to vote. I have to back it up with my ID. If you're not a criminal, what's the deal?

Kathianne
07-29-2016, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure why this is an issue. I've had a military ID since I was 10. You weren't going anywhere on base without it. When this became an issue I was kinda dumbstruck. You have to have an ID in TX too, whether or not you drive.

I didn't have a SSN until I was 16. Now you are required to get one for your babies.

SO why is it only actual US citizens are required to have ID's? I have to register to vote. I have to back it up with my ID. If you're not a criminal, what's the deal?
Huh? The ID was referring to the fun map of 'what the state is known for, why bring up voter ID?' This was for 'FUN!'

Gunny
07-29-2016, 10:31 AM
Huh? The ID was referring to the fun map of 'what the state is known for, why bring up voter ID?' This was for 'FUN!'

Pffft ... you know I'm not fun if I don't get the joke. Did you lose your mind and forget who I am?

I need to go get a haircut. I'd hate any of y'all think that jet zooming right over my head would hit some hair. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
07-29-2016, 02:10 PM
I was laughing at poor Massachusetts for having more liberals.
Then I saw that we have the most sex offenders.

Yikes.

jimnyc
07-29-2016, 02:16 PM
I was laughing at poor Massachusetts for having more liberals.
Then I saw that we have the most sex offenders.

Yikes.

Small area though, so that's probably like 7 of them. :)

But the libs in Mass, too funny. And look at Cali, all of those liberals are busy on social media!! It all makes so much sense!!

Abbey Marie
07-29-2016, 02:21 PM

But the libs in Mass, too funny. And look at Cali, all of those liberals are busy on social media!! It all makes so much sense!!

:laugh2:

Gunny
07-29-2016, 08:47 PM

Should try NM. These people actually believe in UFO's. Not sure how AZ got tagged with that one. We have Roswell, MF-er. :laugh: Try driving through THAT town. Aside from 10k stoplights in a 5 mile stretch, if it blinks at night, either the Martians are coming or the government is up to something. :laugh:

Either way it couldn't be just a plane, helo or shooting star. That would be too easy.