PDA

View Full Version : "Trump Didn't Mean That..."

Kathianne
07-27-2016, 03:01 PM
Mike Pence release before presser ended:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/statement-from-governor-mike-pence

- JULY 27, 2016 -

STATEMENT FROM GOVERNOR MIKE PENCE

“The FBI will get to the bottom of who is behind the hacking. If it is Russia and they are interfering in our elections, I can assure you both parties and the United States government will ensure there are serious consequences. That said, the Democrats singularly focusing on who might be behind it and not addressing the basic fact that they've been exposed as a party who not only rigs the government, but rigs elections while literally accepting cash for federal appointments is outrageous. The American people now have absolute and further proof of the corruption that exists around Hillary Clinton. It should disqualify her from office, if the media did their job."

- Governor Mike Pence, Vice Presidential Candidate

Giulliani:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2003528/

Giuliani: Trump Didn't Mean It When He Encouraged Russian Espionage

"I'm sure what he means is that they should be released to the FBI."
3:17 PM, JUL 27, 2016 | By MICHAEL WARREN (http://www.weeklystandard.com/author/michael-warren)

<cnt style="box-sizing: content-box; display: block; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: franklin-gothic-urw, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; line-height: 34px;">Philadelphia
</cnt><cnt style="box-sizing: content-box; display: block; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: franklin-gothic-urw, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; line-height: 34px;">Donald Trump didn't mean what he said when he encouraged the Russians to commit espionage against his opponent in the presidential race, Hillary Clinton. That's according to two prominent Republicans, who told reporters at a press conference Wednesday that what Trump really meant to say was that if anyone has hacked Clinton's private email server, those classified emails should be handed over the American authorities.

</cnt>"What was said earlier by Mr. Trump was releasing the emails to the FBI, [there's] a big difference between releasing emails to the FBI and releasing emails onto the internet. So what is very important, so that nothing gets misconstrued, the release of those emails to the FBI would be the proper channel," said New York congressman Lee Zeldin at a press conference organized by the Republican National Committee.

<cnt style="box-sizing: content-box; display: block; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: franklin-gothic-urw, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; line-height: 34px;">"I think that Congressman Zeldin made clear that what Donald Trump would like to see done, as I would, is to have those emails given to the FBI," said former New York City mayor Rudy Giuiani.

Problem is, Trump not only said what he said, he then followed it up on Twitter, disregarding the help offered:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tariniparti/paul-ryan-spokesman-putin-should-stay-out-of-this-election?utm_term=.hh18znNDXw#.baAE0j9rxJ

WASHINGTON — As Donald Trump calls on Russia to find and expose his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton’s emails, congressional Republicans are pushing back and bashing Russia’s leader Vladamir Putin.
In a statement, Speaker Paul Ryan’s spokesman Brendan Buck said: “Russia is a global menace led by a devious thug. Putin should stay out of this election.”

During a press conference Wednesday morning, Trump essentially encouraged cyber espionage against Clinton. “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” he said. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

The GOP presidential nominee later doubled down on his statement.
<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" data-tweet-id="758335147183788032" style="box-sizing: inherit; position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;">

Follow (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1980294624/DJT_Headshot_V2_normal.jpgDonald J. Trump
✔@realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)

If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!
9:16 AM - 27 Jul 2016 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/758335147183788032)

Trump’s comments follow a report (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/us/politics/spy-agency-consensus-grows-that-russia-hacked-dnc.html?_r=0) from the New York Times that found that US intelligence agencies believe Russia was behind the hack of the Democratic National Committee that resulted in their emails being leaked on the eve of the party’s convention in Philadelphia.

</twitterwidget>Becca Watkins, spokeswoman for Sen. Richard Burr — chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said the senator “has said for some time that foreign adversaries are intent on gaining unauthorized access into our country’s government and private networks to access sensitive data – whether that is trade secrets of American companies, or healthcare information of government workers. These hackers remain a serious challenge to the security of the US.”
Specifically on Trump’s comments, Watkins said: “As Chairman of the Intelligence Committee, Sen. Burr has an obligation to wait for the FBI and the broader intelligence community to complete their investigation on the source of this cyberattack. Public discussion about attribution and possible responses are premature, at best.”

Nebraska GOP Sen. Ben Sasses, who has said he will not vote for Trump, said in a statement: “Every American, without regard to political party, must face this grim reality: While the Obama administration idles with empty platitudes and fantasy resets, Mr. Putin’s Soviet-style aggression has escalated to levels that were unimaginable just a week ago.”
“America is digitally exposed. The United States must take serious offensive and defensive actions now. Russia must face real consequences.”

</cnt>

Black Diamond
07-27-2016, 03:07 PM
I hope Russia or anyone else finds the emails.

And Jimmy Hoffa and the Zimmerman note, too.

Kathianne
07-27-2016, 03:10 PM
I hope Russia or anyone else finds the emails.

And Jimmy Hoffa and the Zimmerman note, too.
Ok, enlightening.

GravyBoat
07-27-2016, 03:15 PM
In similar news, if anyone finds a piece of luggage marked "D.B. Cooper" please let me know. I offer a $20 reward for its safe return.

Black Diamond
07-27-2016, 03:36 PM
Since all Hillary deleted were yoga and Chelsea's wedding, Americans have nothing to worry about even if Russia does have them. Right?

Black Diamond
07-27-2016, 03:43 PM
So once again. All the attention is on Trump at a time when the attention is supposed to be on the democrats?

Kathianne
07-27-2016, 03:48 PM
I do understand that times change. It seems like only a few years ago folks here cared about the rule of law, The Constitution, limited government. Perhaps they only meant when applying or appealing to these would harm the 'liberals.' I just keep being amazed at the total honesty from the self-proclaimed 'Right' that these things don't matter.

Not just here, it's wide.

I just don't fit the mold and am happy that it's so.

"Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"
By Dylan Thomas<center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"></center><center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
</center><center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.
</center><center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
</center><center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
</center><center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
</center><center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
</center>

Black Diamond
07-27-2016, 05:54 PM
I do understand that times change. It seems like only a few years ago folks here cared about the rule of law, The Constitution, limited government. Perhaps they only meant when applying or appealing to these would harm the 'liberals.' I just keep being amazed at the total honesty from the self-proclaimed 'Right' that these things don't matter.

Not just here, it's wide.

I just don't fit the mold and am happy that it's so.

"Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"
By Dylan Thomas<center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"></center><center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
</center><center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
</center><center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
</center><center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
</center><center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
</center><center style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
</center>
whatever.

namvet
07-27-2016, 06:06 PM
get the damned emails. both sides are bitchin' about inference from foreigners interfering with our elections. duh need I say more.

Black Diamond
07-27-2016, 06:10 PM
So once again. All the attention is on Trump at a time when the attention is supposed to be on the democrats?
this is Trump's MO and the press goes beyond the pale to help him.

he makes a smartass remark saying he hopes russia finds hillary's deleted emails, and the press wets their pants, calling him a traitor.

Elessar
07-27-2016, 06:16 PM
this is Trump's MO and the press goes beyond the pale to help him.

he makes a smartass remark saying he hopes russia finds hillary's deleted emails, and the press wets their pants, calling him a traitor.

Of course they do, deflecting and ignoring Hillary's ill-minded errors while at SOC. Media does all they can
to pass this issue off.

Drummond
07-27-2016, 09:11 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the real point about whether Hillary sent emails that WERE or ARE hackable ??

If the Russians are able to hack her stuff, then it proves that she didn't send according to any secure protocol. Trump is surely within his rights to seek proof of her dereliction of duty ?

namvet
07-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the real point about whether Hillary sent emails that WERE or ARE hackable ??

If the Russians are able to hack her stuff, then it proves that she didn't send according to any secure protocol. Trump is surely within his rights to seek proof of her dereliction of duty ?

the dems were told 2 years ago they had insecure email. go Trump get it all