PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Giuliani: DNC the ‘most anti-police’ convention ever

jimnyc
07-28-2016, 01:44 PM
No American flags. Lack of police, likely because they have those who fought with police on the stage. The family of convicts, felons and armed robbers on the stage, but no one to represent the police who were killed.

-----

Rudy Giuliani: DNC the ‘most anti-police’ convention ever

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani derided the Democratic National Convention for allegedly fanning the flames of resentment and hatred for law enforcement in the United States.

In an appearance on “Fox & Friends” Thursday, Giuliani called the gathering “the most anti-police” and “the most anti-law-enforcement” convention that he has ever seen.

“There was not a uniformed police officer allowed on the convention floor. I was told that by four high-ranking Philadelphia police officers, two of whom I’ve known for a very long time,” he continued. “And then I walked the floor two nights — couldn’t find a single uniformed police officer. Go look at your footage: You find me a uniform. Hillary Clinton didn’t want uniformed police officers on the convention floor.”

It’s worth noting that Pittsburgh police Chief Cam McLay addressed the DNC on Tuesday.

In many ways, Giuliani’s condemnations of the Democratic Party in TV appearances this week have been a continuation of his impassioned speech on July 18 at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, where he discussed making “America safe again.”

Giuliani was widely credited with helping to reduce violent crime in New York in part by hiring William Bratton as the city’s police commissioner. They shared a belief in the “broken windows” theory, which maintains that stomping out small crimes like vandalism helps to prevent the sort of lawless atmosphere that’s conducive to more serious crimes. Lately, Giuliani is especially critical of the recent Black Lives Matter movement, which he has called “inherently racist.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rudy-giuliani-dnc-the-most-anti-police-convention-ever-172813145.html

GravyBoat
07-28-2016, 01:57 PM
Rudy Giuliani needs to go back to New York City and deep throat his mafia buddies. He's an idiot.

GravyBoat
07-28-2016, 02:00 PM
The first step in keeping United State's Citizens safe is keeping the government out of our lives, that especially includes cops. We the People don't need cops so long as we have our own firearms and freedoms.

jimnyc
07-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Rudy Giuliani needs to go back to New York City and deep throat his mafia buddies. He's an idiot.

Let's not go that far. Giuliani is a bright guy, even if his agendas are not always what we all believe in.

The first step in keeping United State's Citizens safe is keeping the government out of our lives, that especially includes cops. We the People don't need cops so long as we have our own firearms and freedoms.

To an extent I can agree with that, but at the end of the day all that would happen is the Wild Wild West. We still need rules and someone of authority to enforce them.

Elessar
07-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Let's not go that far. Giuliani is a bright guy, even if his agendas are not always what we all believe in.

To an extent I can agree with that, but at the end of the day all that would happen is the Wild Wild West. We still need rules and someone of authority to enforce them.

Yet, to a great extent, there does exist a 'Wild West' situation right now, especially in our major urban areas
where riots, looting, murders, shootings are ignored by the liberals.

Police and authority are vilified by them. Lack of L.E. presence and reaction will never mend things.

GravyBoat
07-28-2016, 05:57 PM
Giuliani is credited with having cleaned up New York City as mayor, things like the homeless, car windshield washers, and prostitutes, except he did it by being an overbearing bully, his crackdowns amounted to so much window dressing. Despite its cosmopolitan "Modern New York" moniker, the place is still a festering cesspool of violent crime, moral depravity, and government corruption.

Now he says he wants to "electronically tag" Muslims. How can he be taken seriously as a political leader let alone a human being?

jimnyc
07-28-2016, 06:10 PM
Giuliani is credited with having cleaned up New York City as mayor, things like the homeless, car windshield washers, and prostitutes, except he did it by being an overbearing bully, his crackdowns amounted to so much window dressing. Despite its cosmopolitan "Modern New York" moniker, the place is still a festering cesspool of violent crime, moral depravity, and government corruption.

Now he says he wants to "electronically tag" Muslims. How can he be taken seriously as a political leader let alone a human being?

I can only find 'news' of this on weird sites and blogs, and even those sites don't directly quote him. Can you link/quote this from a major news source showing where he stated this?

jimnyc
07-28-2016, 06:32 PM
Coincidentally, just saw this on Facebook.

https://i.imgur.com/WKyPPOG.jpg

Gunny
07-28-2016, 06:39 PM
What I find goofy about the whole thing is we wouldn't need any damned police to begin with if the damned lefties didn't feel the need to be protected. I can protect and police myself.

And who do we need the police to police? I don't a see a whole bunch of conservative blue collar workers in the criminal crowd. They look a lot like a bunch of do-nothing leftwingnuts to me.

They hate the police because they can't behave. Brilliant.

GravyBoat
07-28-2016, 06:58 PM
I can only find 'news' of this on weird sites and blogs, and even those sites don't directly quote him. Can you link/quote this from a major news source showing where he stated this?

The Nazis did this kind of thing, created all sorts of quasi-government bureaucracies to drain the Reich's Treasury. Same as this thing here, Rudy has a business plan raring to go on this, a company to "monitor" supposed terrorists, I'd bet my bottom dollar.

Better to ask why supposed terrorists are allowed into the country in the first place? Oh right, because then there's no treasury draining bureaucracies headed by the well-connected power elite. So called "Homeland Security" is another joke, a privately owned security organization masquerading as a government entity under the color of law.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/27/rudy-giuliani-calls-tagging-people-on-the-terror-watch-list-an-excellent-idea/

Gunny
07-28-2016, 07:01 PM
The Nazis did this kind of thing, created all sorts of quasi-government bureaucracies to drain the Reich's Treasury. Same as this thing here, Rudy has a business plan raring to go on this, a company to "monitor" supposed terrorists, I'd bet my bottom dollar.

Better to ask why supposed terrorists are allowed into the country in the first place? Oh right, because then there's no treasury draining bureaucracies headed by the well-connected power elite. So called "Homeland Security" is another joke, a privately owned security organization masquerading as a government entity under the color of law.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/27/rudy-giuliani-calls-tagging-people-on-the-terror-watch-list-an-excellent-idea/

Got a point to this conspiracy theory? And I ain't no Guiliani fan, so don't try that one.

However, you don't ignore the elephant in the room.

GravyBoat
07-28-2016, 07:04 PM
I just realized, Rudy does those LifeLock commercials. That's why he's pushing this tagging thing, that's the company that'll get the contract. I'll wager that LifeLock is an Israeli company, too. The Israelis run much of the electronic surveillance operations in the United States, from Homeland Security and US Customs, to red light cameras, to those black boxes they have in Chicago. This country is little more than an open air gulag. Thank you, Jesus.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/giuliani-wants-to-tag-muslims-on-watch-list.html

jimnyc
07-28-2016, 07:05 PM

A little different than introduced. You said he simply wanted to electronically tag muslims. That's rather broad and implies ALL MUSLIMS.

In reality, he was "ASKED about the prospect of introducing a similar monitoring system for those on the terror watch list.", and he replied "that was an excellent idea".

Big difference between stating someone wants to tag all people of one religion, when in reality he was speaking about tagging people on a terror watch list.

Kathianne
07-28-2016, 07:07 PM
A little different than introduced. You said he simply wanted to electronically tag muslims. That's rather broad and implies ALL MUSLIMS.

In reality, he was "ASKED about the prospect of introducing a similar monitoring system for those on the terror watch list.", and he replied "that was an excellent idea".

Big difference between stating someone wants to tag all people of one religion, when in reality he was speaking about tagging people on a terror watch list.

and if pressed, my guess is Rudy would bring up due process before even using that list. ;)

Gunny
07-28-2016, 07:16 PM

SO THAT's where I got lost. Putting words in Rudy's mouth. Unsympathetic participant here. I wouldn't let them in the damned country. Go back and fight for your own.

Elessar
07-28-2016, 07:27 PM

Got to remember, Germany did not have much of a Treasury to drain until the Nazi party rebuilt it.

I am not defending that Nazi mindset in the least, but your analogy is off-base.

The "Homeland Security" comment is way off base. Privately owned? Show your proof of that...
Do you really know what agencies are under that Agency Umbrella?

Try this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:United_States_Department_of_Homeland_Secu rity_agencies

We've had this discussion in the past and you cannot blow smoke up the asses
of anyone here.

GravyBoat
07-28-2016, 07:41 PM
Got a point to this conspiracy theory? And I ain't no Guiliani fan, so don't try that one.

However, you don't ignore the elephant in the room.

There's no conspiracy theory to what I'm saying, it's conspiracy fact. The United States is merely a work camp, a business operation where we were once Citizens, but have since been relegated to the status of "civilians" or "potential enemies in a war zone". I believe the trend of overwhelming government interference in our lives began in 1913 with the passage of the 16th Amendment and Revenue Act. Since then, the United States has become little more than an open air gulag. Added, the Defense Authorization Act of 2011 declares the United States is at a state of war with itself, the entire country has become a battlefield.

So do you want to be free? Then first realize that you're a prisoner. Because in the United States, cops will murder you in the street simply for "failure to comply". Minor infractions that should be handled by cops in a purely civil manner rather frequently result in citizens being killed and murdered. Our 14th Amendment rights have all but been abolished in recent years, all thanks to a Supreme Court and Legislative Branch that refuses to uphold the Constitution. Our government has thrown elderly citizens in jail for things like collecting rainwater and selling blackberries. We have citizens serving life in prison for smoking weed, not violent criminal acts, just smoking weed. Yet our streets are filled with violent thugs who should have been put to death, not released from prison.

Just imagine if we didn't have all the YouTubes that clearly show folks being killed and even murdered by cops. Just imagine how many of our citizens are executed by cops under the color of law and we never see or hear about it. We have the proof, yet most folks still imagine themselves as free. No, you're not free, you have owners.

But our enslavement doesn't end with militarized "law enforcement" agencies. Our nation's water, food, and air is purposely adulterated and poisoned with chemicals and biological agents, so in order to kill us long before our time, because the government and power elite don't like having to pay Social Security and pensions for countless unknown decades after a "civilian" retires. And as you die, the medical industry does all it can to drain us of our financial resources. Ike even warned the country of this Military Industrial Complex, yet the vast majority of Americans don't even want to know of its existence. The United States is an open air death camp far more sinister and murderous than anything the Nazis ever devised.

GravyBoat
07-28-2016, 07:47 PM
Got to remember, Germany did not have much of a Treasury to drain until the Nazi party rebuilt it.

I am not defending that Nazi mindset in the least, but your analogy is off-base.

The "Homeland Security" comment is way off base. Privately owned? Show your proof of that...
Do you really know what agencies are under that Agency Umbrella?

Try this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:United_States_Department_of_Homeland_Secu rity_agencies

We've had this discussion in the past and you cannot blow smoke up the asses
of anyone here.

Homeland Security is a quasi-government agency. Its budget is in the billions of dollars a year. They're paid for "providing a service" at various locations. They award contracts of all kinds. That money goes to a well connected power elite.

Understand how the Military-Industrial Complex within our nation-state functions. The United States is nothing more than a big corporation, it has owners, those owners aren't you.

Gunny
07-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Nice little system you got there except you think everything is some well thought out plan rather than just being a system. These guys don't have the brains to carry out a plan of the magnitude you're speaking. They're greedy and self-serving. Very few of them could come up with such a plan and eve less carry it out. They'd rat each other out to the media before it ever worked.

You don't blame those that DO have a plan, but you're willing to blame those that aren't smart enough to.

Brilliant strategical analysis.

Elessar
07-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Homeland Security is a quasi-government agency. Its budget is in the billions of dollars a year. They're paid for "providing a service" at various locations. They award contracts of all kinds. That money goes to a well connected power elite.

Understand how the Military-Industrial Complex within our nation-state functions. The United States is nothing more than a big corporation, it has owners, those owners aren't you.

How is it quasi-government?
Gunny, this is not a conspiracy theory...

It is an exaggerated nut-case theory.

Gunny
07-28-2016, 08:28 PM
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30), this is not a conspiracy theory...

I don't disagree with everything he says. But having been part of the system, you know as well as I do how it goes. I disagree with his reasoning. There's no real analysis there. Just a broad observation. Some of the things he claims defy the reality of the situation.

Russ
07-28-2016, 08:38 PM

I couldn't disagree with you more. Rudy Giulliani was a great mayor for NYC, and the city is going downhill big-time with the moron they have in mayor's office now. And I think Rudy would be a great President - he has an instinct for making good decisions and doesn't wait for a focus group before he makes the decision. And he's never taken money from inappropriate sources.

Do you live in NYC, and was there something about one of his programs that specifically bothered you?

Gunny
07-28-2016, 08:42 PM
I couldn't disagree with you more. Rudy Giulliani was a great mayor for NYC, and the city is going downhill big-time with the moron they have in mayor's office now. And I think Rudy would be a great President - he has an instinct for making good decisions and doesn't wait for a focus group before he makes the decision. And he's never taken money from inappropriate sources.

Do you live in NYC, and was there something about one of his programs that specifically bothered you?

Won't argue that one with you. He was your mayor. I've listened to people tell me what Bush and Perry are like when both were my Governors. We went from sh*t hole to a better economy that the US has.

GravyBoat
07-28-2016, 09:17 PM
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30), this is not a conspiracy theory...

Do you think the Federal Reserve, IRS, Fannie Mae, Ginnie Mae and Freddie Mac are public government agencies? No, they're quasi-government agencies, privately held corporations operating under the color of law. They all have a Board of Directors and shareholders, although some have only private shareholders, you cannot invest in them, nor are you allowed to know those investors, nor are some of them (Federal Reserve and IRS) directly accountable to any one branch of the Federal Government.

Homeland Security is also a quasi-government agency. All of these agencies are essentially owned by global bankers. The Post Office is another government agency that operates under color of the law.

As I said before, you're not free, you have owners. Waking up to how the world really is, not how you think it is, this is the first step in being truly free.

The United States of America is nothing more than a business. Our dollars aren't even real money, they're merely a fiat currency that denotes a measure of debt that you owe to the Federal Reserve.

GravyBoat
07-28-2016, 09:22 PM

I'm not a New Yorker, but I remember Howard Stern's constant praise of Rudy, and Howard Stern is a butt-kissing idiot. Rudy is in it for himself and the money, he gets rid of people that get in his way, but he's never actually solved any social dilemma.

Elessar
07-28-2016, 09:26 PM
Do you think the Federal Reserve, IRS, Fannie Mae, Ginnie Mae and Freddie Mac are public government agencies? No, they're quasi-government agencies, privately held corporations operating under the color of law. They all have a Board of Directors and shareholders, although some have only private shareholders, you cannot invest in them, nor are you allowed to know those investors, nor are some of them (Federal Reserve and IRS) directly accountable to any one branch of the Federal Government.

Homeland Security is also a quasi-government agency. All of these agencies are essentially owned by global bankers. The Post Office is another government agency that operates under color of the law.

As I said before, you're not free, you have owners. Waking up to how the world really is, not how you think it is, this is the first step in being truly free.

The United States of America is nothing more than a business. Our dollars aren't even real money, they're merely a fiat currency that denotes a measure of debt that you owe to the Federal Reserve.

No...it is not. If that was true, then so would all agencies be. Including mine. Including the DOD.
None of the federal Agencies have any kind of 'Board of Directors' or 'shareholders' as you hammer out on your keyboard.

What is wrong with you?

Don't like it here? Iceland needs more citizens:laugh:

Kathianne
07-28-2016, 09:41 PM
No...it is not. If that was true, then so would all agencies be. Including mine. Including the DOD.
None of the federal Agencies have any kind of 'Board of Directors' or 'shareholders' as you hammer out on your keyboard.

What is wrong with you?

Don't like it here? Iceland needs more citizens:laugh:

I wondered about the IRS, I knew all the rest were quasi. So I googled, and lo and behold, yes on the IRS too.

Gunny
07-28-2016, 11:59 PM
I wondered about the IRS, I knew all the rest were quasi. So I googled, and lo and behold, yes on the IRS too.

The government still runs them, ma'am. If they stash them around under different names they don't have to claim in the budget. It's a shell game. Both sides of the aisle play it. But it isn't some big global conspiracy. Rather, it is about individual greed. "I get some gimme for my constituents and they keep me in office long enough for a pension".

THAT is why I am a firm believer in term limits on these clowns and no pension. If you believe so bad, join the military. There are too many idiots in our government just sucking off our tax dollars.

Another shell game is playing civil servants against the military. They get paid twice or more as much as we do but it was a way to sell the people on some BS.

But anyone that thinks there's some big conspiracy beyond the personal level needs a government job and get a real eye-opener class.

Kathianne
07-29-2016, 12:13 AM
The government still runs them, ma'am. If they stash them around under different names they don't have to claim in the budget. It's a shell game. Both sides of the aisle play it. But it isn't some big global conspiracy. Rather, it is about individual greed. "I get some gimme for my constituents and they keep me in office long enough for a pension".

THAT is why I am a firm believer in term limits on these clowns and no pension. If you believe so bad, join the military. There are too many idiots in our government just sucking off our tax dollars.

Another shell game is playing civil servants against the military. They get paid twice or more as much as we do but it was a way to sell the people on some BS.

But anyone that thinks there's some big conspiracy beyond the personal level needs a government job and get a real eye-opener class.

Sir, I don't know about all, but learned more than a bit about Freddie, Fannie, and the Fed Res. back when. Good place to start:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004H1TM1G/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfVhlXmBccguH7RkovqJaf7W7SUsT5c U3sgNcYJB8_0wbUj4V6

Elessar
07-29-2016, 12:23 AM
I just realized, Rudy does those LifeLock commercials. That's why he's pushing this tagging thing, that's the company that'll get the contract. I'll wager that LifeLock is an Israeli company, too. The Israelis run much of the electronic surveillance operations in the United States, from Homeland Security and US Customs, to red light cameras, to those black boxes they have in Chicago. This country is little more than an open air gulag. Thank you, Jesus.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/giuliani-wants-to-tag-muslims-on-watch-list.html

Again the Israeli conspiracy theories?
They do not have sh*t to do with Homeland Security or Customs.

You are like a broken 45 rpm record on this crap. Put forth some facts
rather than this idiotic junk.

Gunny
07-29-2016, 12:41 AM
Again the Israeli conspiracy theories?
They do not have sh*t to do with Homeland Security or Customs.

You are like a broken 45 rpm record on this crap. Put forth some facts
rather than this idiotic junk.

I know very little about Giuliani. What I DO know he manned the f*ck up on 9/11. You ain't got to do a whole bunch more to impress me. When it was time to step up, he took charge of chaos. This idiot they have now would be halfway across Jersey. Probably whining about whose fault it was.

YOu know how you know a good leader? When you've had plenty of lousy one.

Russ
07-30-2016, 07:23 AM
I'm not a New Yorker, but I remember Howard Stern's constant praise of Rudy, and Howard Stern is a butt-kissing idiot. Rudy is in it for himself and the money, he gets rid of people that get in his way, but he's never actually solved any social dilemma.

Sorry, GB, but praise from Howard Stern is not a valid reason for calling Rudy Giuliani an idiot. I agree that Howard Stern is a crass idiot, but that doesn't make RG one.

I will remind you of the Non-Transitive Law of idiocy: "If Person A is an idiot, and Person A praises Person B, that does NOT make Person B an idiot."

Elessar
07-30-2016, 01:25 PM
I know very little about Giuliani. What I DO know he manned the f*ck up on 9/11. You ain't got to do a whole bunch more to impress me. When it was time to step up, he took charge of chaos. This idiot they have now would be halfway across Jersey. Probably whining about whose fault it was.

YOu know how you know a good leader? When you've had plenty of lousy one.

He most certainly did. The NYPD and NYFD both had separate Command Centers which did
not communicate with each other very well. One was located in the Trade Center. RG took
the bull by the horns and consolidated the ensuing response effort.

What came of this whole thing was the GWB administration establishing our present
National Response Plan. It is based upon the Incident Command System (ICS) that was
instituted in the wake of some devastating wild fires in the mountains north of Los Angeles
back in 1972. CA Dept of Forestry found there was no command and control over the various
departments that responded, creating havoc.

Now...each government level must create a disaster preparedness plan, from local up to county,
then from county to state, then state to federal - FEMA and DHS. Lack of a plan, even at the
lowest level, will prevent receiving and federal grants from FEM or DHS.

Katrina is a prime example of not having a plan in effect, from local all the way up to state.