PDA

View Full Version : The biggest speech of Hillary’s life was an uninspired wish list

jimnyc
07-29-2016, 09:19 AM
Did anyone even watch this witch last night? I figured I would wait and see the transcript, and hit a bunch of sites to also see the highlights. But there was no way I was putting her on my TV screen for an hour straight. That and Russian Roulette aren't much different than one another.

Did anyone else actually tune in?

-----

The biggest speech of Hillary’s life was an uninspired wish list

In his emotional speech Wednesday, President Obama promised that “we’re going to carry Hillary to victory.” To judge from Clinton’s performance last night, being carried by the party is the only way she’s going to get there.

Instead of giving the speech of her life on the biggest night of her life, Clinton delivered an uninspired and uninspiring wish list of all the things she and other Democrats would get Washington to do.

Big things, little things, everything. Her core principle, if it can be called a principle, is that government is here to take charge, making her theme of “stronger together” suddenly seem like a warning that her main goal is building an all-consuming federal bureaucracy.

On top of earlier vows to issue even more executive orders than Obama, she promises a more powerful, more intrusive government across the board, with no problem too big or too small for its focus.

All that “compassion” would be expensive, meaning higher taxes and more national debt.

She tried to make a virtue of it, saying, “I sweat the details,” because “if it’s your kid or your family” that needs help, “it’s a big deal to you, and it should be a big deal to your president, too.”

At another point, she pledged that “we will empower Americans to live better lives.”

http://nypost.com/2016/07/29/the-biggest-speech-of-hillarys-life-was-an-uninspired-wish-list/