PDA

View Full Version : What good movies have you seen lately?

Guernicaa
07-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I saw Harry Potter...wasn't a huge fan of it.
I thought the 4th movie was better.

I also saw Hairspray the same night...thought that was pretty good.

If anyone has seen the movie Marie Antoinette (2006 it came out) I suggest you see The Virgin Suicides (If you didn't in 1997). Both were done by the same director and I love her style of filming. I thought Marie Antoinette would be a complete chick flick and as much as it sort of was, I really liked it. The director uses all this music from the 80's and the direction was just amazing. Acting was great too.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KqvMl9hIHUc&mode=related&search=
I might have really enjoyed it because of my love for the history of that time period...especially France.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7X9HojJ6N5I&mode=related&search=
Thats a clip from the movie...and example of how well 80's music goes with the film.

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 10:08 PM
I saw Harry Potter...wasn't a huge fan of it.
I thought the 4th movie was better.

I also saw Hairspray the same night...thought that was pretty good.

If anyone has seen the movie Marie Antoinette (2006 it came out) I suggest you see The Virgin Suicides (If you didn't in 1997). Both were done by the same director and I love her style of filming. I thought Marie Antoinette would be a complete chick flick and as much as it sort of was, I really liked it. The director uses all this music from the 80's and the direction was just amazing. Acting was great too.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KqvMl9hIHUc&mode=related&search=
I might have really enjoyed it because of my love for the history of that time period...especially France.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7X9HojJ6N5I&mode=related&search=
Thats a clip from the movie...and example of how well 80's music goes with the film.

The 5th Harry Potter was the best one of the series so far. Was well worth the back pain I had to sit through it.

Guernicaa
07-24-2007, 10:23 PM
The 5th Harry Potter was the best one of the series so far. Was well worth the back pain I had to sit through it.
I thought they left out too much detail though.

The worst one (IMO) was the 3rd.

jimnyc
07-24-2007, 10:23 PM
I have a whole list of flicks I've seen in the past month!

Leon aka The Professional
The Gift
4 Brothers
11:14
The Number 23
88 Minutes
Alpha Dog
Deja Vu
Demons from her past
Employee of the month
Fracture
Live free or die hard
Next
Reign over me
Shooter
Spider Man 3
The Contractor
The Lookout
The Marine
The Ringer
Transformers
Until Death
Zodiac

Obviously not going to review each and every one, but if anyone is interested in a particular movie I'll be happy to expand! I would recommend almost every one except for "The Marine". I had high hopes for it but the acting was just crappy, the story was crappy and I was quite disappointed. Reign over me was the best of the lot!

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 10:25 PM
I have a whole list of flicks I've seen in the past month!

Leon aka The Professional
The Gift
4 Brothers
11:14
The Number 23
88 Minutes
Alpha Dog
Deja Vu
Demons from her past
Employee of the month
Fracture
Live free or die hard
Next
Reign over me
Shooter
Spider Man 3
The Contractor
The Lookout
The Marine
The Ringer
Transformers
Until Death
Zodiac

Obviously not going to review each and every one, but if anyone is interested in a particular movie I'll be happy to expand! I would recommend almost every one except for "The Marine". I had high hopes for it but the acting was just crappy, the story was crappy and I was quite disappointed. Reign over me was the best of the lot!

Do you expect good acting from John Cena? :poke: You have more time on your hand's then I do.............

jimnyc
07-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Do you expect good acting from John Cena? :poke: You have more time on your hand's then I do.............

I know, I know, but that's one big boy and I thought he could have at least pulled off a military flick! But that's where the problem was, it was military related for like the first 5 minutes and that's it. His wife in the flick was smokin hot though!

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 10:33 PM
I know, I know, but that's one big boy and I thought he could have at least pulled off a military flick! But that's where the problem was, it was military related for like the first 5 minutes and that's it. His wife in the flick was smokin hot though!

Who played his wife? I have it, I haven't watched it yet, aling with Alpha Dog, is that any good? Like ive said in other posts I have over 800 dvd's ive bought but haven't seen yet.

dan
07-25-2007, 05:35 AM
Who played his wife? I have it, I haven't watched it yet, aling with Alpha Dog, is that any good? Like ive said in other posts I have over 800 dvd's ive bought but haven't seen yet.

I don't know her name, but it's Christian's girlfriend from Nip/Tuck.

Obamba, have you seen Lost in Translation? Sofia Coppola directed that, too. I think it's amazing, but I can see where someone wouldn't, too.

jackass
07-25-2007, 02:15 PM
The Number 23
Fracture
Live free or die hard
Next
Reign over me
Spider Man 3
Transformers
Zodiac

Jim you want my address to send me these??? :laugh2: