PDA

View Full Version : Games Perhaps?

Elessar
07-29-2016, 12:57 PM
In speaking to jimnyc in IM, I asked if he would consider putting in a spot
for games the DP community might like to use.

My thought is a few Trivia Games. There are some very bright folks here
and it may be interesting to see outcomes.

So I'll try to post a poll here.

jimnyc
07-29-2016, 01:08 PM
And maybe of we can't find any trivia software that builds into the site, maybe something else, I can take a peek around...

crin63
07-29-2016, 01:23 PM
It was difficult to choose. I would pick 3. General, history and political. The Vets on here would probably kick our butts in the military category.

Elessar
07-29-2016, 01:40 PM
It was difficult to choose. I would pick 3. General, history and political. The Vets on here would probably kick our butts in the military category.

The one site I sent to Jim has several categories. yet can be tailor made.

Abbey Marie
07-29-2016, 01:51 PM
I love games, and we have done trivia in a local restaurant for quite a while. I'm curious how you play trivia on line without some folks looking up stuff.

jimnyc
07-29-2016, 01:54 PM
I love games, and we have done trivia in a local restaurant for quite a while. I'm curious how you play trivia on line without some folks looking up stuff.

Honor system? :)

Elessar
07-29-2016, 02:11 PM

The first one I sent Jim is timed. It is very hard to look up answers and respond quickly
enough to come out on top.

Gunny
07-29-2016, 09:02 PM

Well, you know I ain't looking up jack. :laugh: I do agree are times I feel like asking a question just for fun, but I know people got google right there.

I personally don't believe in cheating at games. No matter what, you don't win if you cheat. You're just fooling yourself.

Gunny
07-30-2016, 02:46 AM
And maybe of we can't find any trivia software that builds into the site, maybe something else, I can take a peek around...

Just curious, but why do we need software to play trivia?

Elessar
07-30-2016, 12:51 PM
Just curious, but why do we need software to play trivia?

It should be as simple as putting in a link, then make it a permanent sticky.

Gunny
07-30-2016, 12:53 PM
It should be as simple as putting in a link, then make it a permanent sticky.

Sounds like too much work to me. We could just talk about it.

Elessar
07-30-2016, 12:56 PM
Sounds like too much work to me. We could just talk about it.
I put mine in as a link, stickied it, and we had discussion in the thread...much like this poll.