PDA

View Full Version : Guys and Babies

Gunny
07-30-2016, 02:53 AM
I love watching guys with babies. Such dorks. :laugh: It ain't just a thing, dudes. Holding them at arms length and afraid to hold them. That diaper CAN be changed.

If you sneak then ice cream, they can't tell on you. :laugh:

Gunny
07-30-2016, 10:14 AM
I just know to this day when my little girl says "d-a-a-addy" it's a done deal. And she turned 30 last March. I used to could hold her in the palm of my hand.

She's turned out to be so cool and you ain't going to find a prouder father. She's still my baby girl.

Elessar
07-30-2016, 01:04 PM
I just know to this day when my little girl says "d-a-a-addy" it's a done deal. And she turned 30 last March. I used to could hold her in the palm of my hand.

She's turned out to be so cool and you ain't going to find a prouder father. She's still my baby girl.

You old softie!

There is nothing more precious than a little one!

I used to hold my boy all the time...first time I burped him he smiled and spit up all over me!:laugh:

crin63
07-30-2016, 01:33 PM

I'm right there with you! My baby girl will be turning 22 in October and she still has this daddy wrapped around her finger.

One of our friends at church walked over and handed me her son when he was about 8-10 months old. I had no idea how to hold one of them things anymore. That boy just turned 3 and we are buddies today. I crawl around on the floor in my suit playing with him at church a couple of the other guys that age. I teach all the little guys how shake hands. Eventually I have them looking me in the eye, shaking my hand and calling Mr. That 3 year old calls me Mr. Dinosaur because I taught him how growl.

Gunny
07-30-2016, 08:56 PM
I'm right there with you! My baby girl will be turning 22 in October and she still has this daddy wrapped around her finger.

One of our friends at church walked over and handed me her son when he was about 8-10 months old. I had no idea how to hold one of them things anymore. That boy just turned 3 and we are buddies today. I crawl around on the floor in my suit playing with him at church a couple of the other guys that age. I teach all the little guys how shake hands. Eventually I have them looking me in the eye, shaking my hand and calling Mr. That 3 year old calls me Mr. Dinosaur because I taught him how growl.

I was always awkward with babies. Held that at arms length and all that junk. One of my first enterprises as young lad was babysitting. And they dd NOT have disposable diapers back then. Those cloth diapers drove me nuts. :laugh:

When you live in base housing only so many job opportunities. Conversely, when you live in base housing only so many babysitters. Was a lucrative market. :)

When it's you own kid though it's different.

Oh and Mr Dinosaur, my daughter sang the lyrics to everything to the Marine's Hymn tune. ;)

crin63
07-30-2016, 11:33 PM
I was always awkward with babies. Held that at arms length and all that junk. One of my first enterprises as young lad was babysitting. And they dd NOT have disposable diapers back then. Those cloth diapers drove me nuts. :laugh:

When you live in base housing only so many job opportunities. Conversely, when you live in base housing only so many babysitters. Was a lucrative market. :)

When it's you own kid though it's different.

Oh and Mr Dinosaur, my daughter sang the lyrics to everything to the Marine's Hymn tune. ;)

I argued and swore that there was no way that having a girl would be different from my sons. Then that baby girl come along and started twirling around the house, hopping up in daddies lap, and running to meet at the door when I got home from work, it was all over for me. She still gets anything she wants with daddddy can I have a ????? It doesn't matter what it is, if I can get it, she can have it. Girl turned into a great big ole goofy sap. She's her daddies girl still too.

I used to babysit at church during the evening services. I got $2.50 an hour. I was walking in tall cotton.

Gunny
07-31-2016, 12:08 AM
I argued and swore that there was no way that having a girl would be different from my sons. Then that baby girl come along and started twirling around the house, hopping up in daddies lap, and running to meet at the door when I got home from work, it was all over for me. She still gets anything she wants with daddddy can I have a ????? It doesn't matter what it is, if I can get it, she can have it. Girl turned into a great big ole goofy sap. She's her daddies girl still too.

I used to babysit at church during the evening services. I got $2.50 an hour. I was walking in tall cotton.

I'm a retired Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant. You have ANY idea the shit I had to listen to once Ash was born? "Oh, we see who's in charge". I never heard the end of it. Especially when I was on active duty raising her myself. "What happened Staff Sergeant? Little girl need something?' I was like

:grenade: And?

And she is STILL daddy's little girl. You realize that when they're 30 and still call you "d-a-a-a-ddy". We're Texans. We drawl. :laugh:

Thought I was going to have to kill her when she was a teenager though.

crin63
07-31-2016, 12:15 AM
I'm a retired Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant. You have ANY idea the shit I had to listen to once Ash was born? "Oh, we see who's in charge". I never heard the end of it. Especially when I was on active duty raising her myself. "What happened Staff Sergeant? Little girl need something?' I was like

:grenade: And?

And she is STILL daddy's little girl. You realize that when they're 30 and still call you "d-a-a-a-ddy". We're Texans. We drawl. :laugh:

Thought I was going to have to kill her when she was a teenager though.

LOL, I can just see that! I never went through that with her. We have actually never had a problem. She decided when she was about 7 that she wanted to be like me and that the best thing to do was whatever daddy asked or said. Poor girl has my personality but with a softer side. My girl has that whole southern drawl d-a-a-a-ddy going on for her.

Gunny
07-31-2016, 12:28 AM
LOL, I can just see that! I never went through that with her. We have actually never had a problem. She decided when she was about 7 that she wanted to be like me and that the best thing to do was whatever daddy asked or said. Poor girl has my personality but with a softer side. My girl has that whole southern drawl d-a-a-a-ddy going on for her.

My poor girl is just like. She just took the roundabout route. And I couldn't deny her being mine if I tried. Definitely a chip off the old block. Got to do it the hard way.

But I got a room with my name on it.

crin63
08-01-2016, 12:37 AM
Here's that little guy I taught to growl He was standing with me for his birthday pics at church.

Kathianne
08-01-2016, 12:39 AM
Here's that little guy I taught to growl He was standing with me for his birthday pics at church.

What a cutie! He looks 'fierce!' LOL!

NightTrain
08-01-2016, 01:40 AM

Ferocious!

darin
08-01-2016, 01:59 AM
I am the antithesis of that. From Day 1 I was my daughter's care-taker as much as possible. Just super comfortable. Because I'm man-enough to not be afraid of babies :D

Gunny
08-01-2016, 02:50 AM
I am the antithesis of that. From Day 1 I was my daughter's care-taker as much as possible. Just super comfortable. Because I'm man-enough to not be afraid of babies :D

That was kinda my whole theme. When it's yours, its different. I'm surprised my daughter learned to walk. She lived in daddy's arms. And that's where the macho took a cliff dive.

I just see the irony. Hardass, mean Marine being led by the hand by a 2 years old little girl. I'm like you. I didn't care. Was my and still is my baby girl.

Atticus Finch
08-01-2016, 03:01 AM
children.....such is the Kingdom of Heaven.