PDA

View Full Version : Curious...

Elessar
07-31-2016, 07:26 PM
What is each member's Avatar based on?

Mine is the symbol of the Reunited Kingdom of Gondor in Tolkien's 'Lord of the Rings',
under King Elessar: At the end of The Lord of the Rings, he was crowned King Elessar Telcontar ("Elfstone Strider") of Gondor. He married Elrond (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elrond)'s daughter, Arwen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arwen), and assumed the Sceptre of Annúminas as King of Arnor, uniting the two kingdoms for the first time since the reign of Isildur.

GravyBoat
07-31-2016, 09:14 PM
My avatar is Roosevelt Washington, an abolitionist who worked as a porter on the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. It represents my people's struggles to be free from their bondage in the suburbs of Chicago.

Bilgerat
07-31-2016, 10:05 PM
Mine is an original piece, made by my son-in-law. He's a very talented artist.

crin63
07-31-2016, 10:55 PM
I just switched my chili logo to a picture of myself at church. I'm working on a coffee logo. When it's finished I will switch to that. I got tired of the chili logo.

Gunny
07-31-2016, 10:56 PM
I thought this one was funny. I usually have something evil up there. But I LOVE the minions.:laugh: They crack me up. Getting me to laugh ain't exactly a small task. But those little guys get me rolling. It's like having a platoon of recruits. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
07-31-2016, 11:15 PM
Mine is part of the exterior of one of my favorite places, Westminster "Abbey". ;)

NightTrain
07-31-2016, 11:29 PM
I don't really know why I chose this avatar years ago, except that it's a cool painting and I love military aircraft. I'm pretty sure I picked this one back when USMB was getting started and Jim opted for having one - we'd been using just a name prior to that.

I guess I'm a creature of habit. :laugh:

Elessar
07-31-2016, 11:47 PM
I don't really know why I chose this avatar years ago, except that it's a cool painting and I love military aircraft. I'm pretty sure I picked this one back when USMB was getting started and Jim opted for having one - we'd been using just a name prior to that.

I guess I'm a creature of habit. :laugh:

It is a stunning picture of a B-1 low-flying over the water.