08-02-2016, 05:51 AM
Happens all the time.

Abbey Marie
08-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Sounds a bit oxymoronic. Example?

Gunny
08-02-2016, 01:44 PM
Sounds a bit oxymoronic. Example?

Ummm ... nothing I'm admitting to. Where the rubber meets the road, you get the job done. Despite some politician's rules.

Abbey Marie
08-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Ummm ... nothing I'm admitting to. Where the rubber meets the road, you get the job done. Despite some politician's rules.

Ah so

Gunny
08-02-2016, 03:24 PM
Ah so

Actually, it came up as a question that .. guess who (Gibbs had to answer) .. I just found it an interesting moral question. I'm not going to admit to anything. Let's just say I did what it took to get the job done and I am NOT the teddy bear you think I am when I got orders in hand.

Conversely, that is what makes me a teddy bear. I know what life is worth. Once it's done, you just made someone everything they are ever going to be.

crin63
08-02-2016, 08:19 PM
Too many variables in that question.

Violate my own conscience? No, if I cannot live at peace with my decision.

Go against someone else directive? Yes, if I believe can accept the consequences of my decision.

Gunny
08-03-2016, 01:50 AM
Too many variables in that question.

Violate my own conscience? No, if I cannot live at peace with my decision.

Go against someone else directive? Yes, if I believe can accept the consequences of my decision.

Valid. I accept that as a correct answer. You just defined the thread title. Going against a directive to do the right thing.

I'll do it every time. Better yet, let's get these decision makers in the filed and let them make a decision. Oh yeah. Benghazi comes to mind.