PDA

View Full Version : Guests..............

nevadamedic
07-24-2007, 11:07 PM
I always see a large number of fuests on. Usually there are more guests on then members. Are the guests people who arn't registered just reading threads? If so the Staff should activaly try and get them to become members.

jimnyc
07-25-2007, 08:41 AM
I always see a large number of fuests on. Usually there are more guests on then members. Are the guests people who arn't registered just reading threads? If so the Staff should activaly try and get them to become members.

Well, there is really no way to communicate with a guest viewing the site other than with content itself. We do have a message at the top of the screen on the main page viewable to guests only, encouraging them to register to have ability to post and other features.

The majority of the guests you see online are usually spiders from Yahoo, Google & MSN.

Pale Rider
07-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Well, there is really no way to communicate with a guest viewing the site other than with content itself. We do have a message at the top of the screen on the main page viewable to guests only, encouraging them to register to have ability to post and other features.

The majority of the guests you see online are usually spiders from Yahoo, Google & MSN.

Now you'll have to explain what a spider is to him... :popcorn:

nevadamedic
07-25-2007, 12:37 PM

Uhhhhh Spider?

Gaffer
07-25-2007, 09:03 PM
:popcorn:

Yurt
07-25-2007, 09:54 PM
spidey is as spidey does...............

OCA
07-26-2007, 05:08 AM
This has to be the stupidest fucking thread ever. A blatant attempt to boost post count

Trigg
07-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Now you'll have to explain what a spider is to him... :popcorn:

ok, so what's a spider???????????????

Also sometimes I'll look at the posts without logging on, so I'd be listed as a guest at those times.

Pale Rider
07-27-2007, 12:15 AM
ok, so what's a spider???????????????

Also sometimes I'll look at the posts without logging on, so I'd be listed as a guest at those times.

Spider Remote Monitoring Protocol (193 for Both UDP, TCP), used by search engines for page ranking among other things.