PDA

View Full Version : A new strategy for dealing with Never Trump

crin63
08-03-2016, 10:45 AM
I have a suggestion for dealing with the Never Trump people you know. Back off! Let them wrestle with their own conscience because I guarantee most of them don't want Hillary. Try to see it through their eyes.

I have a lot of friends and family wrestling with what to do in this election. Explaining to them how evil Hillary is just isn't necessary because they already know that and that's not the problem. The only difference they see between Hillary and Trump is that she has blood on her hands. Yet in their minds his financing her, Pelosi, Reid and others that would destroy America places some of that blood on his hands as well. You will not convince them otherwise.

Every single one them says the same thing. We told you not to make Trump the nominee nearly from the beginning because we can't vote for him but you slammed us, ignored us, ridiculed us, cursed us, and/or silenced us. You did everything but listen to us when we told you this was what would happen but you couldn't hear our words through your own angry rhetoric. You refused to consider there are actually people out there with uncompromising principles who told you what they could and could not do. You wanted what you wanted and you got it so now you own it! You did this, not us. You created this situation, not us.

Trying to tell them if Hillary gets elected it's their fault won't work because it's just not true and you will never convince them otherwise. The truth is those who voted for Trump in the primaries own this good or bad because they knew the positions of these people. They just didn't listen to them or believe them. They probably thought it was just rhetoric and when the time came they would unite even though they said they wouldn't and couldn't. Trump supporters got what they wanted and they own it. I suggest stepping up to that.

My suggestion for what's its worth. Back off! Quit trying to guilt them because you can't. They have no guilt in this. To say otherwise is just causing an additional battle for them to wage instead of wrestling with their own conscience. You're keeping the fires stoked and them distracted with anger at you for putting them in this terrible situation. Man up and own that the outcome is on you, not them. This will go a long way toward allowing them to wrestle with their own conscience instead wrestling with you.