PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Agenda - Volunteers?

NightTrain
08-10-2016, 10:15 AM
This is what's on the agenda this weekend...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9230&stc=1

And the last of the pilings for foundation :

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9231&stc=1

I'm building a 16 x 24 drive-through shop at the cabin, with a couple of bedrooms & storage upstairs.

We've got 4 inboard boats lined up to haul all this up the river this weekend, now I just need bodies to help construct!

Any volunteers? I'll buy the beer & feed you. :smoke:

On a side note, I think my wife will be very pleased to get her yard back here at home... got trailers, lumber and boats everywhere. If this stuff doesn't disappear from around here soon, I fear my life may be in danger....

Gunny
08-10-2016, 12:03 PM
This is what's on the agenda this weekend...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9230&stc=1

And the last of the pilings for foundation :

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9231&stc=1

I'm building a 16 x 24 drive-through shop at the cabin, with a couple of bedrooms & storage upstairs.

We've got 4 inboard boats lined up to haul all this up the river this weekend, now I just need bodies to help construct!

Any volunteers? I'll buy the beer & feed you. :smoke:

On a side note, I think my wife will be very pleased to get her yard back here at home... got trailers, lumber and boats everywhere. If this stuff doesn't disappear from around here soon, I fear my life may be in danger....

I don't see no BBQ grill. But that looks like more my style than watering a vegetable garden and feeding cats n dogs.

And I DO have cold weather clothing, bubba. To include the snow boots good for 50 below.

How much you paying? I sell cheap. Steak and shrimp on the barbie and a cold beer ...

Elessar
08-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Very tempting offer AT! I wish I could take you up on it.

As for grub...aren't there a few fresh fish around??

Gunny
08-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Very tempting offer AT! I wish I could take you up on it.

As for grub...aren't there a few fresh fish around??

Join the club. I could wire that thing up in a heartbeat. And if he's off the grid, I know how to wire to a generator. Little camping. Little BBQ, Some Coronas. Walking around in the dirt.

I'd love to help. It's even better when you're with friends instead of employees. I'd have a blast. So would those Alaskans making fun of me for being dressed like Nanook of the North during what they call summer.:laugh2:

Kathianne
08-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Gee Rick, with my shoulder I'm afraid that I'll just have to sit with Sharon and talk and :coffee:, of course! I'd love to ride in the boat though, and watch you work! :laugh2:

Elessar
08-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Join the club. I could wire that thing up in a heartbeat. And if he's off the grid, I know how to wire to a generator. Little camping. Little BBQ, Some Coronas. Walking around in the dirt.

I'd love to help. It's even better when you're with friends instead of employees. I'd have a blast. So would those Alaskans making fun of me for being dressed like Nanook of the North during what they call summer.:laugh2:

Keep that up and you might a job as well as a vacation!
Fresh salmon are mighty tasty off the grill!:laugh:

Gunny
08-10-2016, 07:01 PM

Y'all ain't got no cows? I hate fish.

And since I might end up with my brother in Seattle, be careful what you wish for. I know where Oregon is. You turn right on I-5. :laugh:

Elessar
08-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Y'all ain't got no cows? I hate fish.

And since I might end up with my brother in Seattle, be careful what you wish for. I know where Oregon is. You turn right on I-5. :laugh:

Ever heard of deer, elk, or in the case of Alaska - moose?

I-5 runs right through the Willamette Valley - turning right unless you cannot read a map!:laugh:

Kaimhel
08-10-2016, 08:31 PM

Sign me up! So long as I get to shoot something too. I'll get dinner and help cook it over a good bonfire. Damn, I'm already drooling!:wink2:

Elessar
08-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Sign me up! So long as I get to shoot something too. I'll get dinner and help cook it over a good bonfire. Damn, I'm already drooling!:wink2:

We could share a tent...and I'll help with the food prep!

Kaimhel
08-10-2016, 08:38 PM

Touch that food while I'm cooking and I will slap you on the wrist with my spatula. And then kick your ass. ;)

Elessar
08-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Touch that food while I'm cooking and I will slap you on the wrist with my spatula. And then kick your ass. ;)

I'll not touch it, but help. Spatula is O.K. Kick my ass? Please...say something different! Ain't gonna happen!

Kaimhel
08-10-2016, 08:43 PM
I'll not touch it, but help. Spatula is O.K. Kick my ass? Please...say something different! Ain't gonna happen!

:laugh: Try me!

Elessar
08-10-2016, 08:46 PM
:laugh: Try me!

Ummm...I would tickle you for trying!:laugh:

Gunny
08-11-2016, 02:05 PM

I wouldn't let you in a tent with her you old coot. We'd never get any sleep.

Looks like the REAL battle's going to over who gets to cook. :laugh:

Elessar
08-11-2016, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't let you in a tent with her you old coot. We'd never get any sleep.

Looks like the REAL battle's going to over who gets to cook. :laugh:

One word: Goofball!:laugh:

Gunny
08-11-2016, 02:33 PM
One word: Goofball!:laugh:

Been called worse. At least I would be an asset since I know construction. All y'all want to do is eat and shack up. :slap: But last I checked, tents aren't sound proof. We don't want to listen to that junk. Me especially. I'm re-starting Spanky's He-Man Woman Haters Club.

Enter at your own risk. :laugh2:

Elessar
08-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Been called worse. At least I would be an asset since I know construction. All y'all want to do is eat and shack up. :slap: But last I checked, tents aren't sound proof. We don't want to listen to that junk. Me especially. I'm re-starting Spanky's He-Man Woman Haters Club.

I am surprisingly skilled at rudimentary carpentry, weatherproofing, glazing, painting, and caulking.

She gets her sleeping bag...I get mine, Silly!:laugh:

Kaimhel
08-11-2016, 07:45 PM

No, I would help with the work too, you goof! :laugh: I just offered to cook as well. And hell no I'm not sharing a tent with El! You guys can camp out under the stars and I'll take the tent, thank you very much!! :laugh2:

Elessar
08-11-2016, 07:50 PM
No, I would help with the work too, you goof! :laugh: I just offered to cook as well. And hell no I'm not sharing a tent with El! You guys can camp out under the stars and I'll take the tent, thank you very much!! :laugh2:

Disappointed in a way, but who will tuck you in but a good friend?:beer:

Kaimhel
08-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Disappointed in a way, but who will tuck you in but a good friend?:beer:

Myself, thank you very much!

You even try and I will shoot you. :cool:

Elessar
08-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Myself, thank you very much!

You even try and I will shoot you. :cool:

Awwwww..... O.K...no teddy bear for you then.
:laugh: