PDA

View Full Version : An Unlikely Place To Find Agreement

Kathianne
08-10-2016, 08:52 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/clinton-is-also-unfit-to-be-president/article/2598985

linton is also unfit to be president

By TIMOTHY P. CARNEY (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/author/timothy-p.-carney)(@TPCARNEY (http://twitter.com/TPCarney))

8/9/16 8:37 PM

<cnt style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 22px; line-height: 30px; word-spacing: 2px;">Donald Trump is unqualified to be president of the United States, and Republicans ought to be embarrassed he is their nominee.

</cnt><cnt style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 22px; line-height: 30px; word-spacing: 2px;">For largely different reasons, Hillary Clinton is also unqualified to be president of the United States, and Democrats ought to be embarrassed she is their nominee.
</cnt><cnt style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 22px; line-height: 30px; word-spacing: 2px;">"False equivalence!" the scolds will cry. But the two need not be equivalent in all or most senses in order for them to be equivalent in one crucial matter: They both fail a basic test of fitness for the presidency of our constitutional republic.

</cnt>This wasn't true of other recent nominees. Mitt Romney was naïve about policymaking, Barack Obama was inexperienced and too liberal, John McCain was a bit impetuous and under-informed on economics, John Kerry was mostly just uninspired and uninspiring, and George W. Bush was too much of a cowboy.

<cnt style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 22px; line-height: 30px; word-spacing: 2px;">These are all weaknesses, and a president's weakness can always be dangerous. But our republican democracy was built for government by men (and women) and not just by angels. Our government is resilient enough to withstand a deeply flawed president.
</cnt><cnt style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size: 22px; line-height: 30px; word-spacing: 2px;">An incontinent, narcissistic, authoritarian president would be a dire threat, though. So, also, would be a president whose decades in government taught her that she is above the rule of law and the rules of morality — that she has the right to lie and obfuscate, and to ignore the law.

</cnt>Which is the lesser of the two evils? Impermeable murk makes this question impossible to answer with confidence. I can't judge any American who decides to vote based on his or her calculation of the lesser of two evils. But before even putting the evils on a scale, it's important to state that either a Trump presidency or a Clinton presidency would indeed be an evil.

Trump and Clinton are not equivalent in most regards. If you're a liberal, or are fine with her designs on the Bill of Rights, it's natural to prefer her. But because she clearly thinks the law doesn't apply to her, Hillary Clinton fails to meet the minimum standard of being an acceptable presidential candidate. Don't let Trump's failings make you forget that.

Elessar
08-10-2016, 09:01 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/clinton-is-also-unfit-to-be-president/article/2598985

That sort of sums it up. This day and age, NOBODY is going to be perfect.

Got to sort the wheat from the chaff. Hil(liar)y is fully unfit!
Toss the wheel and pinch your nose...just do not allow her in.

Kathianne
08-10-2016, 09:22 PM
That sort of sums it up. This day and age, NOBODY is going to be perfect.

Got to sort the wheat from the chaff. Hil(liar)y is fully unfit!
Toss the wheel and pinch your nose...just do not allow her in.

You're being disingenuous now. There were more than several acceptable, not perfect candidates in the 17. The dems had Hillary and Bernie.

Unacceptable is just that. Both of them.

Gunny
08-11-2016, 08:10 AM
You're being disingenuous now. There were more than several acceptable, not perfect candidates in the 17. The dems had Hillary and Bernie.

Unacceptable is just that. Both of them.

What's disingenuous? You keep bringing it up and the answer's always the same. You won't even find the common ground and agree to agree.

Clinton is totally unacceptable. We, the People, need to save our Nation from HER first, rather than running off on some moral stance no one cares about.

Go back through the Trump threads over the past year. I can't stand the guy. I was as outspoken about him as I was McLame, Romney and now Johnson. And don't forget Ross Perot. You'd think someone would rewrite the "How to Lose 101" playbook. The only reason we got 2 terms with Bush is because he ran against total buffoons.

Divide and conquer. Oldest trick in the handbook since Moses. And the right who think they are so damned much smarter than the left repeatedly have fallen for a tactic any 2nd grader could figure out.

I made a comment somewhere about our Olympic basketball team. They almost got their asses handed to them by some low rent foreign team because they (us) weren't playing as a team. There's a time to take a stand and a time to play as a team.

Kathianne
08-11-2016, 08:16 AM
Not going to agree with wrong. You have your opinion, others agree, others disagree. It's how it works.

Rather than trying to change those that disagree, perhaps your team should borrow a page out of Hillary's book and play to those who are assumed to be on her team? She disliked nearly as much as Trump by those that support her.

Bilgerat
08-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Rather than trying to change those that disagree, perhaps your team should borrow a page out of Hillary's book and play to those who are assumed to be on her team? She disliked nearly as much as Trump by those that support her.

So, lie cheat and steal? That's how she got nominated.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13876362_10207086952668165_8253354087262262056_n.j pg?oh=15083846a0bc29b2614bc8d6fd5d4176&oe=581DBD9C

Gunny
08-11-2016, 08:59 AM
Not going to agree with wrong. You have your opinion, others agree, others disagree. It's how it works.

What do you think we're trying to do, coach? Get people like you on the team to be a team player so we can win. The game's not about just you. It's about our country and specifically the Supreme Court,

Crap I know us vets talk but you miss the underlying message. I ain't Rambo. I'm going to try to civilianize this. Just for you. It takes a village to raise a child. Everyone loves us front line guys because we got the guns. I wouldn't have any food, bullets nor equipment without Supply (S-4). I would have no info without S-2 (intel). Momma don't get paid without S-1 (admin).

If that comm dude (S-5) ain't on post in the LFOC, I get no close air support (CAS). And I can't fly a Huey so someone has to come get my ass.

If one member of the team breaks down, someone else has to take up the slack or the entire team goes down. It ain't just about you.

Kathianne
08-11-2016, 09:00 AM
I think you need a plan B. Just saying.

Gunny
08-11-2016, 09:03 AM
I think you need a plan B. Just saying.

I ALWAYS have a Plan B. Got a Plan C too. At no point is Plan B a sure loss. I don't play to lose. Not my style.

Kathianne
08-11-2016, 09:34 AM
I ALWAYS have a Plan B. Got a Plan C too. At no point is Plan B a sure loss. I don't play to lose. Not my style.

:laugh2: Well Trump will win then.

Gunny
08-11-2016, 09:45 AM
:laugh2: Well Trump will win then.

Not without the team on board.

crin63
08-11-2016, 10:27 AM
A Trump loss isn't because of a lack of teamwork, it's because of the loss of an electable candidate. It doesn't matter how well a team plays together if the players are lousy and under-qualified for the task. This election is like a Freshman high school team versus an NBA team.

Gunny
08-11-2016, 10:39 AM
A Trump loss isn't because of a lack of teamwork, it's because of the loss of an electable candidate. It doesn't matter how well a team plays together if the players are lousy and under-qualified for the task. This election is like a Freshman high school team versus an NBA team.

I don't disagree. But for some reason. I think like a jarhead. You give me shit to work with and I'm going to figure out how to make it work. It's about moving forward. You stand around doing nothing you get your ass shot off.

I hated every boat I was on. I flew in birds that were older than me. I had an M-14 when the Army was sporting M-16's. You make do.

Trump's a bully and a POS, IMO. But to let a criminal win? Hitlery has beat the law at every turn. She should have been hammered from Whitewater. She's a liar and a crook. Runs in the family. Define what "is" is.

DLT
08-11-2016, 12:57 PM

I'm done with choosing between the lesser of two evils. I fell into that trap in 2008 and again in 2012....just as millions of other conservatives did.... and look where it got us. Hell, look what the 2014 historic election win got us. Zip, zilch and nada. Why? Because both parties are now one, the uniparty. Both have been fubared and corrupted beyond all repair.

Which is the lesser of the two evils? Impermeable murk makes this question impossible to answer with confidence. I can't judge any American who decides to vote based on his or her calculation of the lesser of two evils. But before even putting the evils on a scale, it's important to state that either a Trump presidency or a Clinton presidency would indeed be an evil.

Rather than doing the same thing and expecting different results (the very definition of insanity)....

this year, I am doing something completely different.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToVzkbN4HWGsjsi7dmDv9yxoHXc7E0Y BpI22GEjklC1ITYwcNG

crin63
08-11-2016, 02:28 PM
I don't disagree. But for some reason. I think like a jarhead. You give me shit to work with and I'm going to figure out how to make it work. It's about moving forward. You stand around doing nothing you get your ass shot off.

I hated every boat I was on. I flew in birds that were older than me. I had an M-14 when the Army was sporting M-16's. You make do.

Trump's a bully and a POS, IMO. But to let a criminal win? Hitlery has beat the law at every turn. She should have been hammered from Whitewater. She's a liar and a crook. Runs in the family. Define what "is" is.

I had to make things work and just get things done running construction projects. I would end up out on a 12-hour turnaround running a crew I had never seen before, all with varying levels of knowledge, ability, and dysfunction. I don't finish what was torn into and the plant doesn't run. They don't run on time then there's an hourly penalty from $10k - $100k an hour. I had to get the job done. If it meant I had to carry the load and do the heavy lifting by myself to get it done. I did whatever was necessary to make it happen. I even had men moving packages by hand across conveyors after the plant was running to keep from slowing down production until we finished. I despise lazy and intentionally incompetent people. I even despise myself if I think I'm being lazy. Lazy is not acceptable.

Trump is a disaster and perpetuating the disaster. Sure, he is the candidate and at the moment the only thing keeping that lousy criminal Hillary from the presidency but regardless this is on those who shoved Trump down our throats. It's not on anybody else but them. They forced this candidate on us knowing full well that a significant percentage (20%-30%) would not or could not vote for him and they just didn't care. On this board alone you see those numbers play out. They got what they wanted and the rest of us be damned. Now they wanna bully us or blame us for their actions. Yeah, I don't think so. This is all on them.

What will I do? I really don't think I will know until I'm in the booth voting. Not that my vote in communist stronghold will make much of a difference anyway.

Gunny
08-11-2016, 02:51 PM
I had to make things work and just get things done running construction projects. I would end up out on a 12-hour turnaround running a crew I had never seen before, all with varying levels of knowledge, ability, and dysfunction. I don't finish what was torn into and the plant doesn't run. They don't run on time then there's an hourly penalty from $10k - $100k an hour. I had to get the job done. If it meant I had to carry the load and do the heavy lifting by myself to get it done. I did whatever was necessary to make it happen. I even had men moving packages by hand across conveyors after the plant was running to keep from slowing down production until we finished. I despise lazy and intentionally incompetent people. I even despise myself if I think I'm being lazy. Lazy is not acceptable.

Trump is a disaster and perpetuating the disaster. Sure, he is the candidate and at the moment the only thing keeping that lousy criminal Hillary from the presidency but regardless this is on those who shoved Trump down our throats. It's not on anybody else but them. They forced this candidate on us knowing full well that a significant percentage (20%-30%) would not or could not vote for him and they just didn't care. On this board alone you see those numbers play out. They got what they wanted and the rest of us be damned. Now they wanna bully us or blame us for their actions. Yeah, I don't think so. This is all on them.

What will I do? I really don't think I will know until I'm in the booth voting. Not that my vote in communist stronghold will make much of a difference anyway.

You ain't telling me nothing, bro. I never got into the overtime whores who did nothing and justified their existence by existing. I was like, I'm a retired Marine and I don't need your overtime. I come to work at 7 and I want to leave at 4. I don't want to supplement some lazy ass's income. And I lost a couple of jobs over it because I wouldn't stay around. My 8 are up and I'm going home. If I wanted to be away from home I could have stayed in the Corps and made more money.

revelarts
08-11-2016, 05:28 PM
http://orig13.deviantart.net/667f/f/2016/224/4/f/a_bad_lesson_by_party9999999-dadnfza.png

and that's just saying the least.
Hopefully it will teach the electorate not to settle so much, and how sad the system really is as well.
SaveSave

Bilgerat
08-11-2016, 05:37 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13873154_1136411539768406_7055256972462778005_n.jp g?oh=ee8b16c80cbdb1fe11173a457cfe986f&oe=5814F175

Elessar
08-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Not gonna gang up on Kathi because I respect her.

However, Gunny and Crin are right.

It takes a team, an honest, hardworking one...note the word HONEST.

Hillary was sanctioned and almost disbarred over Whitewater. Then it all
got 'better'....

Loudly supported the Afghan and Iraq invasions as did 87% of The Congress.

"Dodged sniper fire in Kosovo". <-- Total Lie and B.S.

"Who would you rather call at 3 a.m." Never answered the calls of her
diplomatic corps.

The drawout from Iraq.

The E-mail server 'problem'.

Now the Clinton Foundation controversy.

Kathianne
08-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Not gonna gang up on Kathi because I respect her.

However, Gunny and Crin are right.

It takes a team, an honest, hardworking one...note the word HONEST.

Hillary was sanctioned and almost disbarred over Whitewater. Then it all
got 'better'....

Loudly supported the Afghan and Iraq invasions as did 87% of The Congress.

"Dodged sniper fire in Kosovo". <-- Total Lie and B.S.

"Who would you rather call at 3 a.m." Never answered the calls of her
diplomatic corps.

The drawout from Iraq.

The E-mail server 'problem'.

Now the Clinton Foundation controversy.

I appreciate the respect and return it. Everything you say regarding Hillary I agree with. You'll not find me making any excuses for her, nor voting for her.

With that said, I won't vote for Trump either. I realize how he used the same system of corruption is excused as 'business,' when he was doing the payouts. I appreciate that misogynism can be explained as just the way some alpha males speak, I just disagree totally. I am not one to go along with PC nonsense, yet do believe that civility is something to hang onto in order to maintain our way of life.

I understand the allure of 'The Wall,' I just don't think that is in and of itself a reason to go full throttle for a candidate, in particular this one. I think that free trade agreements are good for our country and others, which doesn't preclude the need for tightening up on details and punishing those that break the rules. I don't think this candidate has the correct answers, indeed I believe he may start a trade/tariff war the likes of which haven't been seen in a century.

As the contest has progressed, I've come to have more serious issues with this man on his foreign policies and relations. His ideas on NATO, and 'oil fields' and ISIS, his seeming to focus on every slight from at home and abroad do not engender my trust.

Those are some of the reasons I will not vote for him, there are more. I'm not into trying to change anyone's mind, I just am not willing to join 'a team' that I feel has the wrong reasons for playing.

I also know what I consider important to keep our republic and perhaps move it a bit closer to the intent of folks much smarter than myself had in mind.

Trump has touched upon many issues that need addressing, it is disheartening that such concerns and the reaction of so many has not been acknowledged by leaders in politics. Those are likely areas of agreement that are not going to be touched during the election season. If they are not after, there will be much more problems manifested and more divisions coming within the society. That he may well be the one that brought forth the issues, does not make him the one you've been waiting for. In fact he may be dangerous and the signs of that have been as clear as the issues he's uncovered.