PDA

View Full Version : Dear Donald Trump: You Need To Grab a Teleprompter and Bore Us To Death

Kathianne
08-10-2016, 08:59 PM
I wonder how many of his supporters will be including this 'best headline of the day' in their prayers? I'm pretty sure this is advice being given from multiple sources, soon we'll know whether or not he 'will follow the advice of pros.'

I'll be able to find something interesting, but won't be so easy.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8249/dear-donald-trump-you-need-grab-teleprompter-and-john-nolte#.V6sz3Av5YCE.twitter

Everyone knows what Donald Trump meant Tuesday when he talked about "Second Amendment people" being able to stop Hillary Clinton from appointing judges. Everyone. It didn't matter, though, because the elite media and their #NeverTrump allies are out to destroy Trump and therefore nothing matters except the opportunity to do so.

There is no point in raging against the injustice of this any more than there's a point in raging against any other injustice. The world is what it is. You can either go insane asking Why-Why-Why?, or you can be a grown-up and deal with the hand you are dealt.

Sure, if he whips out the teleprompter, the news cycle will be brutal for a couple of days but voters will see in him what they want and very much need to see (although it might already be too late): a candidate who learns from his mistakes and puts discipline before pride.

At this point, unless he wants to leave behind a legacy as the biggest political loser-punchline in history, Trump has no choice. Without a stump speech, the Clinton campaign and their allies in the media and #NeverTrump are just going to continue to intentionally misinterpret him. Trump has to take this weapon away from them.
Furthermore, Trump can't look at the introduction of a stump speech as a white flag. He needs to look at it as a tactical move. On top of the voters appreciating the discipline and humility, if he suddenly becomes boring, there will be more focus on Hillary Clinton by default. Scandals are breaking daily around her, but her supporters in the media and #NeverTrump are manufacturing nonsense to distract from those scandals. It's all an intellectually dishonest lie, but Trump is still handing them the material to manufacture those lies from.

Bottom line: Trump needs to understand that nothing will drive his enemies crazier than if he now becomes boring.

hjmick
08-10-2016, 09:44 PM
You know, at this point Trump has done and said so much to make himself look bad, to set himself up to lose, that should the GOP find a way to replace him at this late date, the new candidate would look so good in comparison, he or she would probably win.

Damn, I hate run-on sentences...

Kathianne
08-11-2016, 01:57 AM
You know, at this point Trump has done and said so much to make himself look bad, to set himself up to lose, that should the GOP find a way to replace him at this late date, the new candidate would look so good in comparison, he or she would probably win.

Damn, I hate run-on sentences...

I am master of them. :) However, I know better. LOL!

Trump holds no allure for me, since his first bullying moves. At this point though, can't see a replacement being anything but more trouble for the whole country.

Bilgerat
08-11-2016, 07:01 AM
​https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p320x320/13912887_1136359539773606_7594919914221336180_n.jp g?oh=6afeb5e26fd80004ae31e2c4b9096c7e&oe=584FD446

Kathianne
08-11-2016, 07:06 AM
The press seizes on his missteps, they don't cause him to make them. It's called discipline of message. He chose to enter this contest, no one forced him to get out of business and into politics.

Bilgerat
08-11-2016, 07:31 AM
The press seizes on his missteps, they don't cause him to make them. It's called discipline of message. He chose to enter this contest, no one forced him to get out of business and into politics.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13892082_1136297063113187_2449916366827534883_n.jp g?oh=8ff80f7b4f7b3aae1a4e634a7e119431&oe=58530115

Kathianne
08-11-2016, 07:40 AM
It does seem that many are already ramping up whom to blame for a loss, rather than focusing on what it would take to win.

I focus on some of the things I do, not because I'm in favor of one candidate over the other, more because it's just what I've always done, study elections. Politics is interesting as a process, some work the process better than others. Hillary is the antithesis of a 'natural.'

Trump seems to supernaturally intuit the cords of discontent among a certain base of the electorate, but for some reason he appears to sabotage himself with all others.

Interesting indeed.

Bilgerat
08-11-2016, 08:40 AM
It does seem that many are already ramping up whom to blame for a loss, rather than focusing on what it would take to win.

Let's look at the reality

The "Anti-Trumpers" led by the lap-dog left wing media are looking for ANYTHING to lay at the feet of Trump, all the while glossing over ANY self inflicted wounds by the Hildabeast.

The Beast chokes, coughs, and "short circuits", the lap-dogs attack over Trump encouraging the crowd to get out and vote.

And the sheeple greedily lap up the vomit.

Watched Morning Joe this A/M, I do so enjoy watching them twist themselves into a ball to blame Trump. They FINALLY got around to speak of the Beast's problems regarding the Clinton Global Initiative and it took them one sentence to twist it into a Trump problem.

And I guess that the idiot climbing the Trump Tower was his fault too, at least if you listened to Mika it was.

And the wheels on the bus go round and round.

Kathianne
08-11-2016, 08:46 AM

The "Anti-Trumpers" led by the lap-dog left wing media are looking for ANYTHING to lay at the feet of Trump, all the while glossing over ANY self inflicted wounds by the Hildabeast.

The Beast chokes, coughs, and "short circuits", the lap-dogs attack over Trump encouraging the crowd to get out and vote.

Watched Morning Joe this A/M, I do so enjoy watching them twist themselves into a ball to blame Trump. They FINALLY got around to speak of the Beast's problems regarding the Clinton Global Initiative and it took them one sentence to twist it into a Trump problem.

And I guess that the idiot climbing the Trump Tower was his fault too, at least if you listened to Mika it was.

The MSM didn't go all anti-Trump July 2015 when many conservatives saw a real problem with Trump. Not in August or September, when the MSM basically couldn't get enough of him and whatever he spewed. Actually they were quite good at providing 'explanations' of what he probably meant. By doing so, they kept quiet concurrently about how Bernie was doing with crowds, while Hillary just kept quiet.

They still loved Donald and his quirky rallies through the winter, into early Spring.

When did they flip? Oh about the time it became obvious no other Republicans would be getting the nomination, then they brought out the knives.

Sorry, the fault isn't on those that stayed consistent in their positions. Problem lies with those that voted for him in the primaries.

He still may pull this off, thanks to Hillary.

Kathianne
08-11-2016, 08:55 AM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13906821_10154136432406943_5408273588144152947_n.j pg?oh=f58e0b9cba63b836f5e7d2532f21d482&oe=581CFD68

DLT
08-11-2016, 06:55 PM
I wonder how many of his supporters will be including this 'best headline of the day' in their prayers? I'm pretty sure this is advice being given from multiple sources, soon we'll know whether or not he 'will follow the advice of pros.'

I'll be able to find something interesting, but won't be so easy.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8249/dear-donald-trump-you-need-grab-teleprompter-and-john-nolte#.V6sz3Av5YCE.twitter

The problem could be .....that he really doesn't want or intend to win. What then?

DLT
08-11-2016, 07:00 PM

I focus on some of the things I do, not because I'm in favor of one candidate over the other, more because it's just what I've always done, study elections. Politics is interesting as a process, some work the process better than others. Hillary is the antithesis of a 'natural.'

Trump seems to supernaturally intuit the cords of discontent among a certain base of the electorate, but for some reason he appears to sabotage himself with all others.

Interesting indeed.

Interesting.....also.....that you mentioned supernaturally. I've been speculating from the beginning of this fiasco that started way back in 2008....that there has to be supernatural powers at work. Nothing else explains it. Well...ok. Maybe an alien ET invasion. But short of that....lol

Kathianne
08-11-2016, 08:46 PM
Interesting.....also.....that you mentioned supernaturally. I've been speculating from the beginning of this fiasco that started way back in 2008....that there has to be supernatural powers at work. Nothing else explains it. Well...ok. Maybe an alien ET invasion. But short of that....lol

Little orange aliens with crazy hair? :laugh2:

jimnyc
08-13-2016, 03:15 PM
The MSM didn't go all anti-Trump July 2015 when many conservatives saw a real problem with Trump. Not in August or September, when the MSM basically couldn't get enough of him and whatever he spewed. Actually they were quite good at providing 'explanations' of what he probably meant. By doing so, they kept quiet concurrently about how Bernie was doing with crowds, while Hillary just kept quiet.

They still loved Donald and his quirky rallies through the winter, into early Spring.

When did they flip? Oh about the time it became obvious no other Republicans would be getting the nomination, then they brought out the knives.

Sorry, the fault isn't on those that stayed consistent in their positions. Problem lies with those that voted for him in the primaries.

Perhaps the fault is that the other 16 candidates ran shitty campaigns and didn't do what it took to get the votes necessary? Who's fault is that?

No fault if one stays home. No fault if one votes 3rd and Hillary wins. No fault if someone goes over to the other side and votes Hillary. But yet blame should be placed on those who voted Trump? How awesome to absolve one's self of anything and lay all the blame elsewhere!

It's ALL Trump and those who supported him. That's a complete load of horseshit.

Perhaps because the Dem party is focused on WINNING, and far too many on the right are OBSESSED with Trump to the point they barely even pay attention to the other party? To the point that barely any attention was paid to any other candidate? Obsessing about Trump for a year did nothing to help anyone else get the vote. Obsessing with Trump now will only serve to place Hillary in office.

And my ass if I'll take ANY blame for supporting a candidate through and through, and not obsessing on those I wasn't interested in.

I may go as far as to say the party is to blame for not coming together as a whole, but I'll certainly not sit back and somehow take blame, because someone else didn't get the candidate they liked, and then sat back and obsessed with how bad Trump is. A little bit of getting the message out about how bad Hillary is and her scandals, but the lions share spent on condemning Trump.

And here we are. And some want to blame others for it. Nice try, not happening. If anything, those obsessed and outright refusing to come together as a party - MUCH MUCH MUCH more to blame for the parties candidate losing to Hillary.

Blame him for being "too liberal" and then do WHATEVER folks can to place someone in there 20x more liberal.

jimnyc
08-13-2016, 03:16 PM

Yeps. :clap::clap::clap:

Gunny
08-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Perhaps the fault is that the other 16 candidates ran shitty campaigns and didn't do what it took to get the votes necessary? Who's fault is that?

No fault if one stays home. No fault if one votes 3rd and Hillary wins. No fault if someone goes over to the other side and votes Hillary. But yet blame should be placed on those who voted Trump? How awesome to absolve one's self of anything and lay all the blame elsewhere!

It's ALL Trump and those who supported him. That's a complete load of horseshit.

Perhaps because the Dem party is focused on WINNING, and far too many on the right are OBSESSED with Trump to the point they barely even pay attention to the other party? To the point that barely any attention was paid to any other candidate? Obsessing about Trump for a year did nothing to help anyone else get the vote. Obsessing with Trump now will only serve to place Hillary in office.

And my ass if I'll take ANY blame for supporting a candidate through and through, and not obsessing on those I wasn't interested in.

I may go as far as to say the party is to blame for not coming together as a whole, but I'll certainly not sit back and somehow take blame, because someone else didn't get the candidate they liked, and then sat back and obsessed with how bad Trump is. A little bit of getting the message out about how bad Hillary is and her scandals, but the lions share spent on condemning Trump.

And here we are. And some want to blame others for it. Nice try, not happening. If anything, those obsessed and outright refusing to come together as a party - MUCH MUCH MUCH more to blame for the parties candidate losing to Hillary.

Blame him for being "too liberal" and then do WHATEVER folks can to place someone in there 20x more liberal.

You stealing my damned playbook now? You sound like me, f*cker. :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-13-2016, 09:54 PM

It's 'everyone's fault' except the candidate. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
08-13-2016, 09:57 PM

Sorry, go look at the election thread. You'll not only see plenty of anti-Hillary, you'll see where I actually see openings for Trump. He's going the other way. That's on him.

His inability to attract folks that will vote in the general election is also on him. Not on those that don't like his message or behavior.

Kathianne
08-13-2016, 10:02 PM

Actually not. He may rant, but he gives reasons beyond just 'I say so, get on the team.' He too is laying blame with anyone but Trump, but will get over it after the election, win or lose.

The problem I see with the reasoning of both of you is the assumption that one must vote for the 'party.' That works when the candidate isn't repulsive to a person, but becomes a wrong action at a certain point for an individual. Now that doesn't make anyone right or wrong, but I know I've not questioned, repeatedly, either of your decisions on moral grounds. You're free to vote for Trump and I assume you will.

NightTrain
08-14-2016, 03:51 AM

Nope.

The media has been rabidly against Trump from the get-go. How many hundreds of times have they gleefully announced that THIS time he's done for?

Then cue the nevertrump crowd and the useful idiots like Gabby parroting the same tired bs?

Dislike him all you want, but you have to hand it to him - he's done a hell of a job with the deck unfairly stacked against him and has proven he can win against ridiculous odds.

jimnyc
08-14-2016, 06:17 AM
Sorry, go look at the election thread. You'll not only see plenty of anti-Hillary, you'll see where I actually see openings for Trump. He's going the other way. That's on him.

His inability to attract folks that will vote in the general election is also on him. Not on those that don't like his message or behavior.

You spoke of why Trump was not the best, and why he won the primaries. I pointed out that the others lost due to their own doing, not anyone's fault but their own that they ran shit campaigns, right? So why blame the Trump supporters for where we are, as you did?

Problem there was candidates who didn't know how to run campaigns apparently, THEIR fault. Their inability to attract voters was the problem. They went the other way, that's on them. But certainly it couldn't be THEIR message or behavior, but you want to blame Trump or his supporters in EVERY direction, and that's not even remotely close or true.

Trump does poorly - it's because he is running bad campaign
Trump has poor numbers - the problem lies with those who voted for him in primaries
16 candidates couldn't make it past primaries - somehow Trump's fault

jimnyc
08-14-2016, 06:19 AM
It's 'everyone's fault' except the candidate. :rolleyes:

Well, you seemed to think that about 16 shit candidates who couldn't get past the primaries. Wasn't it back then because Trump "owned" the media or something like that?

Seems like the blame Trump game from day one, no matter the issue.

Obsession.

jimnyc
08-14-2016, 06:20 AM

Don't be silly! I stole your common sense and facts!! :laugh:

jimnyc
08-14-2016, 06:21 AM
Nope.

The media has been rabidly against Trump from the get-go. How many hundreds of times have they gleefully announced that THIS time he's done for?

Then cue the nevertrump crowd and the useful idiots like Gabby parroting the same tired bs?

Dislike him all you want, but you have to hand it to him - he's done a hell of a job with the deck unfairly stacked against him and has proven he can win against ridiculous odds.

Yep, but when some didn't get their way, it was Trump owned the entire MSM. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
08-14-2016, 06:29 AM
You spoke of why Trump was not the best, and why he won the primaries. I pointed out that the others lost due to their own doing, not anyone's fault but their own that they ran shit campaigns, right? So why blame the Trump supporters for where we are, as you did?

Problem there was candidates who didn't know how to run campaigns apparently, THEIR fault. Their inability to attract voters was the problem. They went the other way, that's on them. But certainly it couldn't be THEIR message or behavior, but you want to blame Trump or his supporters in EVERY direction, and that's not even remotely close or true.

Trump does poorly - it's because he is running bad campaign
Trump has poor numbers - the problem lies with those who voted for him in primaries
16 candidates couldn't make it past primaries - somehow Trump's fault

Jim, we've been over this and over this. If I stated it in an offensive way, my apologies. Once again, he won! That he won with less than 50% in each primary, usually with less than 45%, is a factor of the many candidates of which you're so fond of reminding us. Others like to bring up the past elections and 'taking it for the team,' failing to mention that the candidates they are referring to in fact reached out to those that were for others. They-for example Romney or McCain, never went to attacking others that lost. Never said they wouldn't want their endorsements, didn't need those that didn't vote for them, didn't encourage incivility towards those that disagreed with them.

They attempt-unsuccessfully to attract those they didn't attract in the primaries. Why? I'm certain it wasn't because they had a burning desire to be liked by those who liked others better, perhaps much better. Nope, they knew the most likely to help in the general election would first come from their own party. They also recognized they had to attract a significant percentage of those independents that were choosing between them and the Democrat candidate.

They lost, to the Democrat.

Now maybe Trump and his supporters think that treating those disaffected Republican voters and independents badly, like he did other candidates will make them 'get with the team' as Gunny likes to say, but it may bear some rethinking, as currently it's not working out that well.

BTW, I'm not talking about myself, I made up my mind long ago. I'm talking about the strategy that seems to be playing out by the campaign.

jimnyc
08-14-2016, 06:34 AM
Jim, we've been over this and over this. If I stated it in an offensive way, my apologies. Once again, he won! That he won with less than 50% in each primary, usually with less than 45%, is a factor of the many candidates of which you're so fond of reminding us. Others like to bring up the past elections and 'taking it for the team,' failing to mention that the candidates they are referring to in fact reached out to those that were for others. They-for example Romney or McCain, never went to attacking others that lost. Never said they wouldn't want their endorsements, didn't need those that didn't vote for them, didn't encourage incivility towards those that disagreed with them.

They attempt-unsuccessfully to attract those they didn't attract in the primaries. Why? I'm certain it wasn't because they had a burning desire to be liked by those who liked others better, perhaps much better. Nope, they knew the most likely to help in the general election would first come from their own party. They also recognized they had to attract a significant percentage of those independents that were choosing between them and the Democrat candidate.

They lost, to the Democrat.

Now maybe Trump and his supporters think that treating those disaffected Republican voters and independents badly, like he did other candidates will make them 'get with the team' as Gunny likes to say, but it may bear some rethinking, as currently it's not working out that well.

BTW, I'm not talking about myself, I made up my mind long ago. I'm talking about the strategy that seems to be playing out by the campaign.

I fondly remind you - because I open threads like this - to see someone blaming someone like ME for current issues - when I've done no such thing. So I figured I would respond. YOU were the one who blamed Trump when there were a lack of votes, that it was his bad campaigning. So doesn't it make sense that the others had even worse campaigns if they were trounced? Yes, I suppose it does.

Everytime I see someone blame Trump supporters somehow, I will gladly reply and explain how retarded that is, that's all.

Kathianne
08-14-2016, 06:46 AM
I fondly remind you - because I open threads like this - to see someone blaming someone like ME for current issues - when I've done no such thing. So I figured I would respond. YOU were the one who blamed Trump when there were a lack of votes, that it was his bad campaigning. So doesn't it make sense that the others had even worse campaigns if they were trounced? Yes, I suppose it does.

Everytime I see someone blame Trump supporters somehow, I will gladly reply and explain how retarded that is, that's all.

That you haven't done this, which I agree with, doesn't mean that you also open many, many other threads and see other supporters doing just that.

Forget this board for a moment, it's happening all over social media and alternative media comment sections. It happens at Trump rallies.

I'm not trying to use this board as an example of how it's been playing out, it's certainly not representative of the country at large. Here Trump is leading by nearing 98%. No matter how skewed the polls may be, I think it's safe to say his 'real lead' in any scenario is not close to that.

Again, if you read what I've been writing here, not other places, you will find for the most part that I've been looking at the two campaigns mostly in an academic way-what are they doing or not doing-to win or lose? Right now both seem to be imploding in turn. Trump mostly through his own lack of self-discipline; Hillary by acts of the past being questioned by media, Congress, and different arms of law enforcement.

Things may rapidly change, by forces outside of either campaign, but right now it looks like whichever one manages to NOT be the one last imploding will win.