PDA

View Full Version : Change in ignore options

jimnyc
08-14-2016, 09:22 AM
All members are now able to place anyone that they are unhappy with on ignore, and that includes all staff members.

Elessar
08-14-2016, 09:34 AM
I guess that is a good feature for some folks. I never use ignore though.
I'll just bypass responding to something or someone.

Gunny
08-14-2016, 08:06 PM

No kidding. right? You need an option to control others? Wonder which side of the aisle that came from.:rolleyes:

Bilgerat
08-14-2016, 08:08 PM

No kidding. right? You need an option to control others? Wonder which side of the aisle that came from.:rolleyes:

And then there's this

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13935176_1247818708614101_1692535103738855477_n.jp g?oh=eead29dfc0fbaf752631eb55057e604f&oe=58132766

hjmick
08-14-2016, 08:58 PM
"Ignore" is for pussies.

Elessar
08-14-2016, 09:14 PM
"Ignore" is for pussies.

I did not want to say that, but I really fully agree.

Shit...just bypass something is all that is needed.

Gunny
08-14-2016, 09:20 PM
"Ignore" is for pussies.

I honestly don't know where it is. If I want to ignore someone and not be a little bitch about it, I got a tv right behind me and I know how to log out.

Bunch of babies.

Gunny
08-14-2016, 11:35 PM
Let me rephrase. Y'all get off Jim's ass. He's done his best to try and make everyone happy to include the existence of this board. This whiny shit don't cut it. If you ain't on here to debate without crying like a bitch, go mow your lawn.

Noir
08-15-2016, 01:12 AM
I'd say that's a positive change, ignore would be a forum tool I'd use very rarely (5 times in over 7 years) but the option to use it shouldn't be restricted by a staff privilege - though the original case for having it was so all staff couldn't be blocked which is sensible enough.

Gunny
08-15-2016, 01:30 AM
I'd say that's a positive change, ignore would be a forum tool I'd use very rarely (5 times in over 7 years) but the option to use it shouldn't be restricted by a staff privilege - though the original case for having it was so all staff couldn't be blocked which is sensible enough.

Positive my ass. There's no staff privilege. There's staff responsibility. You're screwing yourself because you took away our ability to just tell you to knock it off. That means we'll just have to thread ban your ass.

Be careful what you wish for.

You think there's some "staff privilege"? You mean like having to deal with pain the asses? Not to mention crybabies that think they get to say what they want without answering for their mouth. You're a pussy. You can't even man your own line. You talk garbage and want us all to just shut up when you do. Why are you even here if you are incapable of debate?

And it takes a 1st grade education to get around ignore, punk. And I passed 2nd grade.

revelarts
08-15-2016, 02:43 AM
I'm not sure why Jim decided to add this on Sunday.
I didn't even know it's had been impossible to put admins/mods on ignore. But seems to me if a person wants to use ignore for the short or long term they should have the ability too. Even if some think they are "Pu--ies" or whatever for doing so. Gunny i'm not sure why you want to try and shame others into doing things your way here. Or just insult others for not doing it your way. Seems weird... and A55H--ish of you. Especially when you've told us how you think others should "be themselves" etc..

But from my POV what happened Sunday morning was I PMd Jim to try and keep part of our debate OFF board and next thing i know he's telling me not to PM him... anymore ever unless it's a board problem. And telling me that IF i wanted to ignored him that i could now. But i never mentioned ignoring him. not once. So it seems out of left field.

Then all this talk about crybabies and pu---ies from Gunny, a MOD, and echoed by a few others. Which, in some basakwards way, seemed to be trying to ENCOURAGE people to continue debating on the board no matter what and be civil about it.
Yeah that's real helpful Gunny LOL!
Drill sergeant motivation at it's best.

Gunny
08-15-2016, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure why Jim decided to add this on Sunday.
I didn't even know it's had been impossible to put admins/mods on ignore. But seems to me if a person wants to use ignore for the short or long term they should have the ability too. Even if some think they are "Pu--ies" or whatever for doing so. Gunny i'm not sure why you want to try and shame others into doing things your way here. Or just insult others for not doing it your way. Seems weird... and A55H--ish of you. Especially when you've told us how you think others should "be themselves" etc..

But from my POV what happened Sunday morning was I PMd Jim to try and keep part of our debate OFF board and next thing i know he's telling me not to PM him... anymore ever unless it's a board problem. And telling me that IF i wanted to ignored him that i could now. But i never mentioned ignoring him. not once. So it seems out of left field.

Then all this talk about crybabies and pu---ies from Gunny, a MOD, and echoed by a few others. Which, in some basakwards way, seemed to be trying to ENCOURAGE people to continue debating on the board no matter what and be civil about it.
Yeah that's real helpful Gunny LOL!
Drill sergeant motivation at it's best.

You just made my point. "Gunny, a MOD". What exactly have I done, Einstein? Oh yeah ... caught two spammers because I'm on while the rest of you are copping Z's. I didn't turn into the Hulk the second I was made a mod and your accusation is typical for a crybaby.

So fucking what if I'm a mod? I'm still just me. Your whining ain't going to change one thing.

So, tell me exactly what it is I have done as a mod to anyone on this board? Or is this just another excuse by crybabies having to have their way? I can probably get an admin to post "all my mod actions" which is none.

Typical excuse. Fact is, people don't post because of you drama queens.

jimnyc
08-15-2016, 10:52 AM
You just made my point. "Gunny, a MOD". What exactly have I done, Einstein? Oh yeah ... caught two spammers because I'm on while the rest of you are copping Z's. I didn't turn into the Hulk the second I was made a mod and your accusation is typical for a crybaby.

So fucking what if I'm a mod? I'm still just me. Your whining ain't going to change one thing.

So, tell me exactly what it is I have done as a mod to anyone on this board? Or is this just another excuse by crybabies having to have their way? I can probably get an admin to post "all my mod actions" which is none.

This I agree with. Outside of when we are actually moderating, we should also get to enjoy the board and be like everyone else. What we won't have, is a moderator being like everyone else - and then moderating someone because of some sort of negative interaction. And I don't see that from anyone. Hell, I barely see moderation at all.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-15-2016, 12:30 PM
I now disagree that ignoring is cowardice or a pansy action. Once I myself believed that(for many years)!
If fact , up until I came here and finally started learning that sometimes its a positive step when the opponent feeds off of and depends on interaction that they get to set-up and control..
Even that is not the main reason after over decade that I FINALLY PLACED SOMEBODY ON IGNORE HERE(NEVER AT ANY OTHER FORUM BACK THEN OR EVEN NOW)--ONLY HERE.
You see the answer is TIME....
I FINALLY REALIZED ITS THE--TIME THAT SUCH MORONS AND TROLLS ARE TRULY AFTER, TRULY STEAL FROM YOU.

At my age I have not the luxury of wasting such time on such ffing dishonorable wretches.
Such lowlife, self aggrandizing bastards..

Now not being able to met face to face to settle the issue--then placing on ignore is the correct action.

So even some people here that I respect still think its cowardice or weakness but I know that in some cases its the true and correct measure to take.

For time is the one thing you can not retrieve once its taken from you!
However, you can easily stop any future taking--that I've done...

And I admit that once my stubbornness, pride and blindness kept me from that truth..

So do what ya think best but know this its not cowardice fear or appeasement, in some cases its the only correction possible....
other than actual face to face confrontation that will get one sent to prison..
I would never do that unless forced by the asshole coming to me--then and only then would I break that person once and for all.

Yet only one in a thousand such people(troll) ever have enough courage to dare face the opponent they delight in trolling against.
best revenge is to no longer give them what hey want--the chance to steal your time..
Dem/libs love doing that..especially RINO's..

ONE PARTICULAR LITTLE MAGGOT WILL NEVER STEAL ANOTHER SECOND OF MY TIME.
And I've already seen how that has negatively affected the stinking worm. Which is in itself sweet justice...

Note- This is not about a one time disagreement/confrontation -rather its about a multi-year sustained campaign that finally proves the motive of the opponent to be true troll behaviour. -Tyr

revelarts
08-15-2016, 12:49 PM

Gunny what are you talking about?
you come on the board yesterday wondering why people come to DP " to be Mean" and then you call people Pussies if they don't act the way you want. WTH?!
Seems you're one of the main drama queens here.
And please tell me what I'm "crying about". I typically stay ON topic and rarely attack personally. unless people like you're self make it personal.
Yes I call BS on BAD IDEAS and hypocrisy, and bad Logic, and, killers and immoral crap of all stripes, piss poor politicians, the US gov't, and the military, an and yes even people's religions. this is a debate board people come here to COMPLAIN about stuff they think is BROKE. if that's "crying" to you then to bad. Don't join in on the subject you think needs to be treated nicely and never criticized... or defend the SUBJECT. Attacking the poster is NOT debate. at least not good debate.

It seems to me that YOU are one the people that cries if I or others not nice enough about various subjects. And start making personal attacks on people's character and " field" or "battle experience":rolleyes: when you have nothing left to debate with.
So i call BS on you Gunny.
No one that i know of has complained about you being a mod. But here's the thing you seem to miss in THIS THREAD. It's about How and when to ignore. It's aboard Admin issue. You whine and cry about how tough it is to MOD then you chime in and call people pussies if they want to use a board feature. WTH?!

in this case your NOT a regular member, your a whining MOD telling people YOU thinking they SHOULD NOT use the options on the board that the ADMIN made available.
If you want to state your personal opinion you should make it clear that it's your PERSONAL opinion... and back off.

If you're in a thread on baking cakes and say people are pussies for using Eggs, everyone knows it's just Gunny being Gunny .but when you, Jim and other mods speak on board issues you should clarify WHOS speaking. the MOD Gunny or the regular sometimes overbearing arse Gunny.

And I hope you know ..I pick on you because i can.. and i think you CAN take it.:poke:

This I agree with. Outside of when we are actually moderating, we should also get to enjoy the board and be like everyone else. What we won't have, is a moderator being like everyone else - and then moderating someone because of some sort of negative interaction. And I don't see that from anyone. Hell, I barely see moderation at all.

See above.

jimnyc
08-15-2016, 12:52 PM
I now disagree that ignoring is cowardice or a pansy action. Once I myself believed that(for many years)!
If fact , up until I came here and finally started learning that sometimes its a positive step when the opponent feeds off of and depends on interaction that they get to set-up and control..

I've seen a few members over the years leave instead of using the ignore feature. That sucks. Obviously I would prefer that folks use that, and stay with us. And you are dead on accurate, there are folks that feed off the negativity, trolling or whatever one may call it about the person they "don't like". We all have folks that irritate us, for various reasons, and most handle things differently. But in a perfect world, the best thing is to make the "problem" not even exist.

DLT
08-15-2016, 12:59 PM
All members are now able to place anyone that they are unhappy with on ignore, and that includes all staff members.

Dammit. I was so hoping that this thread would have received no replies.

Now THAT would have been hilarious!

DLT
08-15-2016, 01:01 PM
Even that is not the main reason after over decade that I FINALLY PLACED SOMEBODY ON IGNORE HERE(NEVER AT ANY OTHER FORUM BACK THEN OR EVEN NOW)--ONLY HERE.
You see the answer is TIME....
I FINALLY REALIZED ITS THE--TIME THAT SUCH MORONS AND TROLLS ARE TRULY AFTER, TRULY STEAL FROM YOU.

At my age I have not the luxury of wasting such time on such ffing dishonorable wretches.
Such lowlife, self aggrandizing bastards..

Now not being able to met face to face to settle the issue--then placing on ignore is the correct action.

So even some people here that I respect still think its cowardice or weakness but I know that in some cases its the true and correct measure to take.

For time is the one thing you can not retrieve once its taken from you!
However, you can easily stop any future taking--that I've done...

And I admit that once my stubbornness, pride and blindness kept me from that truth..

So do what ya think best but know this its not cowardice fear or appeasement, in some cases its the only correction possible....
other than actual face to face confrontation that will get one sent to prison..
I would never do that unless forced by the asshole coming to me--then and only then would I break that person once and for all.

Yet only one in a thousand such people(troll) ever have enough courage to dare face the opponent they delight in trolling against.
best revenge is to no longer give them what hey want--the chance to steal your time..
Dem/libs love doing that..especially RINO's..

ONE PARTICULAR LITTLE MAGGOT WILL NEVER STEAL ANOTHER SECOND OF MY TIME.
And I've already seen how that has negatively affected the stinking worm. Which is in itself sweet justice...

Note- This is not about a one time disagreement/confrontation -rather its about a multi-year sustained campaign that finally proves the motive of the opponent to be true troll behaviour. -Tyr

I just don't have it in me to put someone on ignore. Not because they may not deserve to be ignored, mind you. But I'm the very definition of Pandora when it comes to wanting to know stuff. I just can't force myself to...

not look. lolol

Now whether or not I respond after looking...

that's an entirely nuther matter. :cool:

jimnyc
08-15-2016, 01:02 PM
Dammit. I was so hoping that this thread would have received no replies.

Now THAT would have been hilarious!

Are you implying that some may want to place me on ignore? LOL Everyone loves me!! Isn't "nazi" a term of endearment? Or what about "I fucking hate you"? Had someone once join as "die_jimnyc". :laugh:

DLT
08-15-2016, 01:26 PM
Are you implying that some may want to place me on ignore? LOL Everyone loves me!! Isn't "nazi" a term of endearment? Or what about "I fucking hate you"? Had someone once join as "die_jimnyc". :laugh:

Well...I have to admit....you are pretty lovable. But still....

it would have been funny as hell.

jimnyc
08-15-2016, 01:31 PM
Well...I have to admit....you are pretty lovable. But still....

it would have been funny as hell.

Maybe you can test, or someone else online...

I'm not even sure this worked for all of staff now that I read into it more. The option is to have the ability to 'ignore moderators' and there is no mention of administrators in there. Can someone go to my profile and see if they can ignore me and then un-ignore? Kinda would suck if folks can't ignore me too, as I'm a an annoying blabbermouth at times!

Noir
08-15-2016, 01:46 PM

I'm not even sure this worked for all of staff now that I read into it more. The option is to have the ability to 'ignore moderators' and there is no mention of administrators in there. Can someone go to my profile and see if they can ignore me and then un-ignore? Kinda would suck if folks can't ignore me too, as I'm a an annoying blabbermouth at times!

You can be added to ignore list.

Elessar
08-15-2016, 01:54 PM

I see very little Mod action here unlike some other places I have been as a Mod, Admin, and Owner.
Some people in those places pushed you to take action, which I would really rather not do.

If one or the Reds or Greens here calmly say (as is the case) to back off, I just Say 'Yes Sir' or 'Yes Ma'am'
and be done with it while things cool down. What is so hard about that?

DLT
08-15-2016, 01:56 PM

LOL! Go ahead and blabber about how great is The Trump and I'll test it for ya! :lol:

Elessar
08-15-2016, 02:07 PM

I think anyone who would put Staff on ignore is an idiot. It is really simple. If you do not want to
engage in a discussion, stay the F*** out! Why open a door needlessly?
I have learned the tone and tempo of this place in 2 short years. It is pretty laid back with the exception of an
occasional Troll.

Staff should also be expected to lend to a discussion and not assumed to just be hovering
and looking for targets. That is how it was in 3 other places (not mine) and all 3 failed
because of it.

jimnyc
08-15-2016, 02:09 PM
You can be added to ignore list.

Thanks for the test, if you see this of course! LOL

So now we know Jim is on the same playing field as others when it comes to being able to make someone disappear. :)

jimnyc
08-15-2016, 02:11 PM
LOL! Go ahead and blabber about how great is The Trump and I'll test it for ya! :lol:

That's not nice woman!! :)

Gunny
08-15-2016, 02:37 PM
Gunny what are you talking about?
you come on the board yesterday wondering why people come to DP " to be Mean" and then you call people Pussies if they don't act the way you want. WTH?!
Seems you're one of the main drama queens here.
And please tell me what I'm "crying about". I typically stay ON topic and rarely attack personally. unless people like you're self make it personal.
Yes I call BS on BAD IDEAS and hypocrisy, and bad Logic, and, killers and immoral crap of all stripes, piss poor politicians, the US gov't, and the military, an and yes even people's religions. this is a debate board people come here to COMPLAIN about stuff they think is BROKE. if that's "crying" to you then to bad. Don't join in on the subject you think needs to be treated nicely and never criticized... or defend the SUBJECT. Attacking the poster is NOT debate. at least not good debate.

It seems to me that YOU are one the people that cries if I or others not nice enough about various subjects. And start making personal attacks on people's character and " field" or "battle experience":rolleyes: when you have nothing left to debate with.
So i call BS on you Gunny.
No one that i know of has complained about you being a mod. But here's the thing you seem to miss in THIS THREAD. It's about How and when to ignore. It's aboard Admin issue. You whine and cry about how tough it is to MOD then you chime in and call people pussies if they want to use a board feature. WTH?!

in this case your NOT a regular member, your a whining MOD telling people YOU thinking they SHOULD NOT use the options on the board that the ADMIN made available.
If you want to state your personal opinion you should make it clear that it's your PERSONAL opinion... and back off.

If you're in a thread on baking cakes and say people are pussies for using Eggs, everyone knows it's just Gunny being Gunny .but when you, Jim and other mods speak on board issues you should clarify WHOS speaking. the MOD Gunny or the regular sometimes overbearing arse Gunny.

And I hope you know ..I pick on you because i can.. and i think you CAN take it.:poke:

See above.

Again, where have I told someone what to say or do? You're allowed an opinion but I'm not? THAT is the attitude I'm talking about. WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE BOARD TOO. Why would I want to log on here if I don't get to play too? The staff here is designed to protect the board. It ain't about just you.

You don't have to like me. Apparently blunt force trauma ain't your style. But it's me being me. DO take note that half the regular contributing posters here are vets. We don't play the whine game. If I started whining I'd expect the Sergeant Major to come through my screen and put a boot up my ass and tell me to quit being a p*ssy and the rest would be in line to get their boots in too.

There's a chain of command. The admins make policy and we, us damnable mods, carry it out. That simple. For the record revelarts I know you aren't the one behind this. I'm picking at you as a member to another member for your stance on a topic.

Gunny
08-15-2016, 02:53 PM

You goof. Been there heard that. You suck. I hate you. It's because of you more people don't post. If you'd just change the rules ...

Your own family don't even like you. You're either wrong, or you're just f-ing wrong. I'll take I'm wrong for $100, Alex. :laugh: Ought to be able to ace that crap.

Elessar
08-15-2016, 03:00 PM
G I typically stay ON topic and rarely attack personally. unless people like you're self make it personal.

I snipped this to pieces...

If you want to wax eloquent, Rev...learn the difference between YOUR (a possessive pronoun)
and YOU'RE which means YOU ARE...​That is a Pronoun that is the subject followed by the active verb.

Not an attack...just an observation.

hjmick
08-15-2016, 03:04 PM
I have been a member of this board, Jim's old board, and any number of other boards since 2007 and before. I have never put anyone on "ignore." If you don't want to interact with someone, keep on scrolling down, fuck 'em... I believe it's more affective for someone to know you can see their shit and don't find it, or them, worthy of a reply.

As for people and their issue with Gunny, WTF? I've been on two boards now where he has been part of the administration in one capacity or another and we've never had a problem. Have any of you stopped to think that maybe you're the problem? There are not many rules here at DP, but that is not an excuse to act like an asshole. Anonymity is no reason to comport one's self any differently than you would at, say, Thanksgi... no... let's say a family reunion. What's that Will Smith quote from Men in Black? "Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'." Sometimes I think some folks are just looking for a pissing match. Catch a hint here... the administration always wins...

As for the rest of the administration, still haven't had a problem so I'm not sure why others do... Maybe I'm just too polite? :lmao:

Gunny
08-15-2016, 03:10 PM
I have been a member of this board, Jim's old board, and any number of other boards since 2007 and before. I have never put anyone on "ignore." If you don't want to interact with someone, keep on scrolling down, fuck 'em... I believe it's more affective for someone to know you can see their shit and don't find it, or them, worthy of a reply.

As for people and their issue with Gunny, WTF? I've been on two boards now where he has been part of the administration in one capacity or another and we've never had a problem. Have any of you stopped to think that maybe you're the problem? There are not many rules here at DP, but that is not an excuse to act like an asshole. Anonymity is no reason to comport one's self any differently than you would at, say, Thanksgi... no... let's say a family reunion. What's that Will Smith quote from Men in Black? "Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'." Sometimes I think some folks are just looking for a pissing match. Catch a hint here... the administration always wins...

As for the rest of the administration, still haven't had a problem so I'm not sure why others do... Maybe I'm just too polite? :lmao:

Oh yeah, you're Mr Polite. How many you burned since lunch? :laugh:

Elessar
08-15-2016, 03:15 PM
What's that Will Smith quote from Men in Black? "Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'." Sometimes I think some folks are just looking for a pissing match. Catch a hint here... the administration always wins...

I had an old Master Chief (E-9) say that often: "Don't start None, Won't Be None"! Words to live by!

hjmick
08-15-2016, 03:16 PM
Oh yeah, you're Mr Polite. How many you burned since lunch? :laugh:

My edges used to more rough... these days I tend to leave the low hanging fruit be, at least here at DP. There are some people though who are just fucking asking for it... Here at DP, because it is a smaller community, I try to let more things slide, write them off as not all that important. Nothing worse than an unnecessary rift in the family if you know what I mean...

revelarts
08-15-2016, 03:26 PM
I snipped this to pieces...

If you want to wax eloquent, Rev...learn the difference between YOUR (a possessive pronoun)
and YOU'RE which means YOU ARE...​That is a Pronoun that is the subject followed by the active verb.

Not an attack...just an observation.

Thanks for the lesson but I think it's been well established that Grammar and Spelling are not things i sweat over much here on DP.
But FYI I do know the difference but when i'm typing my "books" and "sermons" I don't correct all of my mistakes. And of course "auto spell correct" doesn't help much in some instances.
But hey if you want to help me with or make a point to correct my grammar YOU'RE going to have a full time job.

Gunny
08-15-2016, 03:36 PM
My edges used to more rough... these days I tend to leave the low hanging fruit be, at least here at DP. There are some people though who are just fucking asking for it... Here at DP, because it is a smaller community, I try to let more things slide, write them off as not all that important. Nothing worse than an unnecessary rift in the family if you know what I mean...

Hear ya bro. Just got to take it in stride. I was questioning the rule change it got made about me. By the usual suspects. Can't address the topic, make it about the other person.

My point is if you are going to open your mouth, don't go crying to daddy when it gets shut for you. And THAT is what this is about.

Kathianne
08-15-2016, 04:18 PM
I think anyone who would put Staff on ignore is an idiot. It is really simple. If you do not want to
engage in a discussion, stay the F*** out! Why open a door needlessly?
I have learned the tone and tempo of this place in 2 short years. It is pretty laid back with the exception of an
occasional Troll.

Staff should also be expected to lend to a discussion and not assumed to just be hovering
and looking for targets. That is how it was in 3 other places (not mine) and all 3 failed
because of it.

I try to participate, but my innate shyness and always wanting to be the calm one precludes me most of the time. ;) :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-15-2016, 04:19 PM
That's not nice woman!! :)
but very funny!

Gunny
08-15-2016, 04:23 PM
I try to participate, but my innate shyness and always wanting to be the calm one precludes me most of the time. ;) :laugh2:

:bang3:

jimnyc
08-15-2016, 04:25 PM
The change was not made based on any one individual but rather multiple requests and the equivalent over time.

jimnyc
08-16-2016, 11:48 AM

Take caution when placing staff members on ignore. This is not a get out of jail free card. All members are still responsible for following the rules. Members CANNOT claim ignorance and/or that they didn't see a warning or similar.

fj1200
08-16-2016, 12:23 PM
"Ignore" is for pussies.

Some people don't like their safe space violated.

jimnyc
08-16-2016, 12:33 PM

Maybe some simply don't like the aggravation, and instead of fighting and/or heated debates, they use the ignore feature. Others may not even be involved, and just get tired of some of the back and forth, and would rather void it. I'm sure some have their reasons, but I personally don't see it as any type of weakness. I may be biased, with SO many things involved over the years, and seeing that a lot of problems can be solved with this option.

fj1200
08-16-2016, 12:41 PM
Maybe some simply don't like the aggravation, and instead of fighting and/or heated debates, they use the ignore feature. Others may not even be involved, and just get tired of some of the back and forth, and would rather void it. I'm sure some have their reasons, but I personally don't see it as any type of weakness. I may be biased, with SO many things involved over the years, and seeing that a lot of problems can be solved with this option.

Some want to rant without the pressure of thought.

jimnyc
08-16-2016, 01:33 PM

And why shouldn't they have that option? Perhaps they don't see it that way, and maybe they see the "pressure of thought" as someone being an antagonist who pokes with a stick in every other post, and rather than deal with the aggravation and trolling, they choose to ignore it. Nothing wrong with that.

hjmick
08-16-2016, 02:31 PM

Depending on who it is, I don't mind being violated...

jimnyc
08-16-2016, 02:42 PM

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/askville/2668058_4718284_mywrite/smiley_sex_bed.gif

Gunny
08-16-2016, 02:47 PM

You got me LMAO now. There is just EVERYTHING so wrong with that. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
08-16-2016, 03:39 PM

Yup. You're just a little wallflower, Kath. :laugh2:

Gunny
08-16-2016, 03:41 PM

I need to go to the store and now I have to wait until I quit LMAO. Soft-spoken little wallflower. :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-16-2016, 06:53 PM

I know, my cross to bear! :laugh2:

aboutime
08-16-2016, 08:44 PM

fj....You set the example here, then you get mad when we Imitate you.

fj1200
08-17-2016, 10:33 AM
And why shouldn't they have that option? Perhaps they don't see it that way, and maybe they see the "pressure of thought" as someone being an antagonist who pokes with a stick in every other post, and rather than deal with the aggravation and trolling, they choose to ignore it. Nothing wrong with that.

Where did I suggest they shouldn't have that option? If some can't handle the pressure of thought and being on a site where policy is debated then they should utilize the option. :)

CSM
08-17-2016, 11:19 AM
I like to keep it simple so I just ignore everyone.

Gunny
08-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Where did I suggest they shouldn't have that option? If some can't handle the pressure of thought and being on a site where policy is debated then they should utilize the option. :)

Called "scroll". Works like a charm.

Abbey Marie
08-17-2016, 01:47 PM

Ignoring a pain in the arse is not necessarily due to an inability to think or debate, you silly goose. Sometimes, just as IRL, there are folks we pretend not to see or cross the street to avoid, because conversing with them is stultifying.

fj1200
08-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Ignoring a pain in the arse is not necessarily due to an inability to think or debate, you silly goose. Sometimes, just as IRL, there are folks we pretend not to see or cross the street to avoid, because conversing with them is stultifying.

I said some.

Gunny
08-17-2016, 03:47 PM
Godd damned thing some of y'all didn't joint the military. And just to be clear for the fingerpointers, I'm speaking for ME as a member. Not the board, nor as staff.

I'd have broken you ignore feature people like a shotgun. By T-2. Your crybaby asses would have never survived.

"Wah gunny, I don't like the way shit's going so I'm putting the enemy on ignore." See how well that works on a 7.63 MM bullet from an AK. I'm sure it'll block it.:rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-17-2016, 09:09 PM
Godd damned thing some of y'all didn't joint the military. And just to be clear for the fingerpointers, I'm speaking for ME as a member. Not the board, nor as staff.

I'd have broken you ignore feature people like a shotgun. By T-2. Your crybaby asses would have never survived.

"Wah gunny, I don't like the way shit's going so I'm putting the enemy on ignore." See how well that works on a 7.63 MM bullet from an AK. I'm sure it'll block it.:rolleyes:

I am 62 years old, not a SOB ALIVE CAN BREAK ME.
Trust me on this, some truly bad motherfuckers have tried. One was my oldest brother when I was only 15 and he 22 ....
He failed.... No man can break me, only death can do that my friend.
I fear nothing for myself but only have fear for those that I love.
The worm that I put on eternal ignore here, was stealing my damn time, and that I could no longer abide my friend...
This is only to make a point (not to insult you)... the point that there are men that have walked thru hell (for decades as I once did) such that have and survived are unbreakable my friend..
And yes real demons have tried , for decades--they failed too. -Tyr

aboutime
08-17-2016, 09:20 PM
I've learned to LOVE being on IGNORE here. I can say whatever I want. Others can pretend to NOT be reading what I say....then...Later on. They almost say EXACTLY what I said, while they pretend they didn't read it.

Joe Biden did that too. He became a plagiarising professional.

Gunny
08-17-2016, 10:41 PM
I am 62 years old, not a SOB ALIVE CAN BREAK ME.
Trust me on this, some truly bad motherfuckers have tried. One was my oldest brother when I was only 15 and he 22 ....
He failed.... No man can break me, only death can do that my friend.
I fear nothing for myself but only have fear for those that I love.
The worm that I put on eternal ignore here, was stealing my damn time, and that I could no longer abide my friend...
This is only to make a point (not to insult you)... the point that there are men that have walked thru hell (for decades as I once did) such that have and survived are unbreakable my friend..
And yes real demons have tried , for decades--they failed too. -Tyr

So if a Drill Instructor is in your face telling you what he's going to do to your mother, sister and unborn children you can stay at the position of attention? I don't think you understand what "break you down" means in the military. All I got to do is make you break the POA and take a swing. Breaking the POA means a lack of self discipline.

And I started out as a recruit and it was done to me. I ain't no cherry. You stand there and don't flinch or you'll have 3 Hats up every orifice of your body in a heartbeat. And they will torture you to death.

You have to be able to detach yourself.

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 05:39 AM

Those that I know who have others on ignore, and I think I know all of them, hardly do so for such reasons. Not a single one I know of is using the ignore feature for such reasons. I applaud everyone using the feature right now, as they walked away from the BS and made the board better as a whole by doing so.

Saying they can't handle something is just yet another way of your goading at folks, and at a few that have you on ignore, and you don't like that. And the ONLY pressure they had was from ME, not their own.

Is this going to happen every time the ignore stuff is brought up? Are you going to poke at them and reply to them forever? Can you not just let it go, let them disappear, now that certain folks have placed you on ignore?

Gunny
08-18-2016, 08:06 AM
Those that I know who have others on ignore, and I think I know all of them, hardly do so for such reasons. Not a single one I know of is using the ignore feature for such reasons. I applaud everyone using the feature right now, as they walked away from the BS and made the board better as a whole by doing so.

Saying they can't handle something is just yet another way of your goading at folks, and at a few that have you on ignore, and you don't like that. And the ONLY pressure they had was from ME, not their own.

Is this going to happen every time the ignore stuff is brought up? Are you going to poke at them and reply to them forever? Can you not just let it go, let them disappear, now that certain folks have placed you on ignore?

Respectfully, I disagree. I will agree it is somewhat goading. At the same time, people should not be able to come on here and say what they want and ignore responses they don't like. Isn't that exactly what we all bitch about every day? Personal accountability? Might as well be in BLM playing that game.

I say some dumbass sh*t, but I take the return fire. I don't run my flap then run and hide. The ignore feature is just a leftwing means of censorship. So why bother logging on? The board is about discussion. You of all people would know. We've gotten into it over the years but we fight it out.

I hate that option and always have. My brain doesn't function like that and I will never run and hide from people just because I don't like what they say. You open your mouth you best be able to back it up.

Kathianne
08-18-2016, 08:16 AM
Different folks, different strokes.

Some don't want to take the return fire for what they post, especially the personal attacks they make. Sometimes they fail to understand that being civil most of the time doesn't guarantee one can attack without a reaction. Shocking how often that happens.

For the most part I see little reason to hit ignore, I'm perfectly capable of scrolling through, sometimes even reading nonsense and not responding. There are times though that someone is so annoying, so false, that the blood pressure rises. Following the reasonable advice that it's better to say nothing than go ballistic, ignore is a good option.

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 08:20 AM
Respectfully, I disagree. I will agree it is somewhat goading. At the same time, people should not be able to come on here and say what they want and ignore responses they don't like. Isn't that exactly what we all bitch about every day? Personal accountability? Might as well be in BLM playing that game.

I say some dumbass sh*t, but I take the return fire. I don't run my flap then run and hide. The ignore feature is just a leftwing means of censorship. So why bother logging on? The board is about discussion. You of all people would know. We've gotten into it over the years but we fight it out.

I hate that option and always have. My brain doesn't function like that and I will never run and hide from people just because I don't like what they say. You open your mouth you best be able to back it up.

I'm speaking of fights that go on for months and months, if not longer. They come to a point that they have nothing to do with the subjects at hand and turn into just pure fights. Some will claim innocence of course, but it comes from both sides. When it reaches that boiling point, it''s better for all involved to let it pass and ignore one another. If it were JUST the subjects, I would agree, to an extent. But we know it's NEVER just the subject.

I don't recall ANYONE coming here, making statements/posts, and then somehow hiding and/or ignoring responses. All I ever saw was folks making posts and such, others disagreeing vehemently, and inevitably they turn into fights and name calling. There is absolutely NO reason to continue those actions, and to accept it as part of our community.

Sure, we WANT everyone to interact, we WANT everyone to backup their words, we WANT personal responsibility and all of that jazz. But there comes a point, where things change from discussing things, debating things, and they turn into fighting and hatred. And then VERY quickly that can lead to others no longer participating in those threads. No one should ever feel like they HAVE to reply to others.

Folks have complained about the ignore feature for years. Yet when not used, I have seen members leave as a result of fights. I've never seen anyone leave over the ignore feature.

Gunny
08-18-2016, 08:23 AM

Some don't want to take the return fire for what they post, especially the personal attacks they make. Sometimes they fail to understand that being civil most of the time doesn't guarantee one can attack without a reaction. Shocking how often that happens.

For the most part I see little reason to hit ignore, I'm perfectly capable of scrolling through, sometimes even reading nonsense and not responding. There are times though that someone is so annoying, so false, that the blood pressure rises. Following the reasonable advice that it's better to say nothing than go ballistic, ignore is a good option.

You can let people tick you off that much with words on a screen? I think if you want to ignore someone you scroll . And I'm not saying people haven't ticked me off over the years. I just find another thread.

Kathianne
08-18-2016, 08:25 AM
You can let people tick you off that much with words on a screen? I think if you want to ignore someone you scroll . And I'm not saying people haven't ticked me off over the years. I just find another thread.

There's one, maybe two that I find so distasteful that it's better to not get baited. By the time that happens it's gotten 'personal' and no good is going to come of it. Sometimes fences are the best way to deal with horrid neighbors.

The ignore feature is just such a fence.

Gunny
08-18-2016, 08:33 AM
There's one, maybe two that I find so distasteful that it's better to not get baited. By the time that happens it's gotten 'personal' and no good is going to come of it. Sometimes fences are the best way to deal with horrid neighbors.

The ignore feature is just such a fence.

Censorship.

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 08:34 AM

There are times that I've wanted to pull people through my Cat-5 cable and choke them until their brain is equally divided and half pops out of each ear. I've sorta posted my address a few times, close enough at least. Yeps, there have been times that folks have pissed me off that much with words on a screen!! And I've seen you come close too, fucker! And no, I didn't use the ignore feature, but I really haven't had such endless fights to the point that it may effect the board and/or other members reading the threads I'm fighting in. :)

Kathianne
08-18-2016, 08:35 AM
Censorship.

When we force someone to be ignored or to put someone on ignore, you may have a point.

It's a feature, to use or not, totally up to the individual.

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 08:36 AM
Censorship.

Not even close. Everyone here is free to speak their minds and have their voice. Not forcing others to have to "listen" is NOT censorship.

fj1200
08-18-2016, 10:21 AM

Believe what you like. :)

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 10:28 AM
Believe what you like. :)

It's not a belief, these are facts.

fj1200
08-18-2016, 10:34 AM
It's not a belief, these are facts.

Opinions are not facts. :)

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 10:46 AM
Opinions are not facts. :)

I'm only replying to make a point... I don't want the last word. I made my points. Folks have the right to not want to be accosted, or to be badgered or whatever. And this applies to EVERYONE. And if they feel this way, correct or not, they have the right/ability to place others on ignore. At that point, unless they are pointing out folks they have on ignore and poking themselves, sleeping dogs should be left sleeping. I guess that's an opinion only, but to each their own.

fj1200
08-18-2016, 10:58 AM
I'm only replying to make a point... I don't want the last word. I made my points. Folks have the right to not want to be accosted, or to be badgered or whatever. And this applies to EVERYONE. And if they feel this way, correct or not, they have the right/ability to place others on ignore. At that point, unless they are pointing out folks they have on ignore and poking themselves, sleeping dogs should be left sleeping. I guess that's an opinion only, but to each their own.

Members are clearly able to ignore another member for any reason. You run a public board and the public can easily see what members post. Members are inclined to post things on a debate site which may be controversial/objectionable/etc. I, as a member in good standing, will continue to exercise my right to engage in a topic that may be controversial or counter a statement that may be objectionable. If a member makes a post that I find objectionable I may choose to point out my feelings on the subject. If another member chooses not to defend their previous post then that is their choice as stipulated above.

For what it's worth I'll continue to exercise my jimnyc-given rights.

Not even close. Everyone here is free to speak their minds and have their voice. Not forcing others to have to "listen" is NOT censorship.

:)

revelarts
08-18-2016, 11:38 AM

I've found that's worked best for me.
I used ignore on 1 guy who's long gone who'll remained unmentioned. hogtrash
and also one other guy for about a week a sometime back I think.

Other than that i've just found it's better to skip post, not reply or ....more often lately... just stay out of certain thread topics completely.
Seems if i dip a toe in with my POV everyone just gets pissed off, including me.
And i'm getting to old to try and crack every stone i come across.

Elessar
08-18-2016, 11:50 AM
Oh Hell.

There are some I simply do not agree with on certain things, but I'll just pass them by
unless I feel strongly about a topic.

Frankly, I think putting a person on Ignore is pretty insulting to both parties.

Gunny
08-18-2016, 02:02 PM
There are times that I've wanted to pull people through my Cat-5 cable and choke them until their brain is equally divided and half pops out of each ear. I've sorta posted my address a few times, close enough at least. Yeps, there have been times that folks have pissed me off that much with words on a screen!! And I've seen you come close too, fucker! And no, I didn't use the ignore feature, but I really haven't had such endless fights to the point that it may effect the board and/or other members reading the threads I'm fighting in. :)

And I disengage. Me? I'm right as rain. Been pondering your heinous death for years, dipweed. :laugh:

Funny. My PC used to be in the garage where my heavy bag was hanging. When I was pissed I'd beat the crap out of that thing. :laugh:

And I'll reverse your argument. What about the people that don't come here because they feel it's pointless? Some weenie's going to put me on ignore. They can say what they want and not be responsible for their words.

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 02:22 PM
And I disengage. Me? I'm right as rain. Been pondering your heinous death for years, dipweed. :laugh:

Funny. My PC used to be in the garage where my heavy bag was hanging. When I was pissed I'd beat the crap out of that thing. :laugh:

And I'll reverse your argument. What about the people that don't come here because they feel it's pointless? Some weenie's going to put me on ignore. They can say what they want and not be responsible for their words.

Suffice to say, I think we both kinda agree to an extent with what the other is saying. But lets look at it this way: we are both believers in freedoms - so why not let the community, the members, have that freedom to decide for themselves if they would like to use that feature or not? I really don't think it harms anyone, and it certainly doesn't harm the community at all.

I don't think there will be many guests reading, and on the verge of joining, but change their minds because they fear someone may place them on ignore. If anything, they should be pleased that we are open with rules and moderation and allow everyone to make decisions for themselves.

And I will say this, as owner - should this be abused even once, and a click of a button and things go back to the way they were. It's not something being used/tested to create an issue, but rather give more options. I don't see it being used but more than 2-3 times in 10 years if I had to lay a wager. :)

Now, as for planning deaths... you're the one with the woman that hates me. Only a matter of time before she hates you too. And JUST one night that you forget and fall asleep tightly - Lorena Bobbitt comes out and you'll be wishing for death. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fighting/axe-murderer.gif

Gunny
08-18-2016, 02:28 PM
Suffice to say, I think we both kinda agree to an extent with what the other is saying. But lets look at it this way: we are both believers in freedoms - so why not let the community, the members, have that freedom to decide for themselves if they would like to use that feature or not? I really don't think it harms anyone, and it certainly doesn't harm the community at all.

I don't think there will be many guests reading, and on the verge of joining, but change their minds because they fear someone may place them on ignore. If anything, they should be pleased that we are open with rules and moderation and allow everyone to make decisions for themselves.

And I will say this, as owner - should this be abused even once, and a click of a button and things go back to the way they were. It's not something being used/tested to create an issue, but rather give more options. I don't see it being used but more than 2-3 times in 10 years if I had to lay a wager. :)

Now, as for planning deaths... you're the one with the woman that hates me. Only a matter of time before she hates you too. And JUST one night that you forget and fall asleep tightly - Lorena Bobbitt comes out and you'll be wishing for death. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fighting/axe-murderer.gif

We're past that "matter of time" thingie. It's a matter of time alright. Just not the way you think. I'm as adept at making people hate me as you are. :laugh2:

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 02:36 PM
We're past that "matter of time" thingie. It's a matter of time alright. Just not the way you think. I'm as adept at making people hate me as you are. :laugh2:

I wonder who has more haters? I had USMB and now this place. You took over USMB for a long time. I'm an asshole, you're an asshole. But I'm a nice guy on occasion. :happy0203: Can you do that? I might have seen that happen a time or two. :lol:

Maybe it's a matter of time before someone kills one of us? :dunno: They better watch out, I have an attack chihuahua!! https://i.imgur.com/Tiqlg1l.gif

Gunny
08-18-2016, 02:55 PM
I wonder who has more haters? I had USMB and now this place. You took over USMB for a long time. I'm an asshole, you're an asshole. But I'm a nice guy on occasion. :happy0203: Can you do that? I might have seen that happen a time or two. :lol:

Maybe it's a matter of time before someone kills one of us? :dunno: They better watch out, I have an attack chihuahua!! https://i.imgur.com/Tiqlg1l.gif

I am actually a nice guy. In RL, I almost never talk (which I am in course in trouble for). I mind my own business and do my own thing.

And I have TWO attack chihuahuas and this big goof Australian cattle dog. I think I won't wait on any help from the Dependers.

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 03:02 PM
Chihuahua's rule!!

"i haz cheezburger?" :)

https://i.imgur.com/mSEPoZu.jpg

hjmick
08-18-2016, 03:13 PM
Sorry, Papillons rule...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/IMG_0431_zps76db8362.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/IMG_0403_zps2a9dabc0.jpg

Gunny
08-18-2016, 03:17 PM
Chihuahua's rule!!

"i haz cheezburger?" :)

https://i.imgur.com/mSEPoZu.jpg

Sorry bubba but I can't stand chihuahuas. If I want a neurotic freak I can move in with my brother.

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Sorry bubba but I can't stand chihuahuas. If I want a neurotic freak I can move in with my brother.

We had a thunderstorm 2 nights ago, a LOT of it, I thought the poor little guy was gonna have a heart attack. I took him here in my room and was CRANKING the Iron Maiden, hoping to drown out the thunder and make him feel better. I think the Maiden scared him too, and the woman sure wasn't thrilled with my ideas "for a dog".

sundaydriver
08-19-2016, 05:59 AM
My #1 pet rule is: Any adult dog under 40 lbs. is classified as a cat.

sundaydriver
08-19-2016, 06:04 AM
I have never placed anyone on ignore on a forum. I'm a big boy and words on a screen can't hurt me and my ego is not so fragile that I can't handle opposition to my opinions without blowing a fuse.

Abbey Marie
08-19-2016, 08:25 AM
I have never placed anyone on ignore on a forum. I'm a big boy and words on a screen can't hurt me and my ego is not so fragile that I can't handle opposition to my opinions without blowing a fuse.

It's a bit more difficult to deal with for those who are here about every day.

Kathianne
08-19-2016, 08:36 AM

Very true. Some folks go beyond just irritating in some cases, it seems better to just not hear from them than get all bothered and answer back to their pettiness.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-19-2016, 08:53 AM

^^^^ A fact that is being ignored.

To me its sad that some here think that taking the approach which saves the board and its readers the hassle of wading through countless personal attack posts is somehow cowardly, fear induced and/or pansy.
When instead its serves to do as Jim points out- eliminate the crap , stop thread derailments and let others exchange ideas and debate their stands in a civil manner.
Additionally (as in my case ), it totally defeats the troll that was stealing my time and posting his replies to me with the sole object being to aggravate and divert me from other posts to better members by way of cutting my posting time here.
I run from no enemy in my life, in fact, I will fight to the death if/when called for to defend my principles.
Being a firm and committed member in believing -- "death before dishonor".. and yes that is -- "Dinosaur thinking according to modern man and his daily walk into ignorance and blindness!!
All that is to me, logical thinking and adherence to truth and core principles...
Being that I have no desire to hunt some moron/troll bastard up just to give an attitude adjustment that they so richly deserve, I took the most logical and effective step.
One that I took twice before but recanted twice(something that was a great rarity for me), to give another chance and I warned that third time it would be permanent placement.. which it now is...
Speaking now only to YOU , JIM AND MY FRIENDS HERE , THE REST OF THESE "SON A BITCHES'' CAN KISS MY ASS AND THANK GOD THEY WILL NEVER MEET ME, FACE TO FACE!
I AM TRULY ONE MAN THAT NOBODY WANTS TO DO THAT WITH ONCE THEY'VE ANGERED ME BY SPITTING ON ME OR FALSELY ACCUSING ME...
THAT HAS BEEN A SOLID GOLD FACT NOW FOR 44 YEARS...
IMMENSELY KIND TO MY FRIENDS BUT UTTERLY SAVAGE AND UNFORGIVING TO MY ENEMIES..
I AM NOT A GENTLE SOUL WHEN PROVOKED AND WITHIN ARMS REACH...
Never a greater truth told.. --TYR

fj1200
08-19-2016, 09:38 AM

That is entirely the point of hanging out on a site that holds itself out as being for those interested in debating policy. :)

Gunny
08-19-2016, 12:44 PM
^^^^ A fact that is being ignored.

To me its sad that some here think that taking the approach which saves the board and its readers the hassle of wading through countless personal attack posts is somehow cowardly, fear induced and/or pansy.
When instead its serves to do as Jim points out- eliminate the crap , stop thread derailments and let others exchange ideas and debate their stands in a civil manner.
Additionally (as in my case ), it totally defeats the troll that was stealing my time and posting his replies to me with the sole object being to aggravate and divert me from other posts to better members by way of cutting my posting time here.
I run from no enemy in my life, in fact, I will fight to the death if/when called for to defend my principles.
Being a firm and committed member in believing -- "death before dishonor".. and yes that is -- "Dinosaur thinking according to modern man and his daily walk into ignorance and blindness!!
All that is to me, logical thinking and adherence to truth and core principles...
Being that I have no desire to hunt some moron/troll bastard up just to give an attitude adjustment that they so richly deserve, I took the most logical and effective step.
One that I took twice before but recanted twice(something that was a great rarity for me), to give another chance and I warned that third time it would be permanent placement.. which it now is...
Speaking now only to YOU , JIM AND MY FRIENDS HERE , THE REST OF THESE "SON A BITCHES'' CAN KISS MY ASS AND THANK GOD THEY WILL NEVER MEET ME, FACE TO FACE!
I AM TRULY ONE MAN THAT NOBODY WANTS TO DO THAT WITH ONCE THEY'VE ANGERED ME BY SPITTING ON ME OR FALSELY ACCUSING ME...
THAT HAS BEEN A SOLID GOLD FACT NOW FOR 44 YEARS...
IMMENSELY KIND TO MY FRIENDS BUT UTTERLY SAVAGE AND UNFORGIVING TO MY ENEMIES..
I AM NOT A GENTLE SOUL WHEN PROVOKED AND WITHIN ARMS REACH...
Never a greater truth told.. --TYR

The simplicity to this is Jim's the boss. He makes the rules. I can carry them out or quit. I still remember how to be a troop. I DO have an opinion. I'm certainly not trying to offend anyone. I don't know who has who on ignore except the leftwingnuts seem to hate ME a lot. :laugh:

I personally don't like the feature. It's there. As long as Jim says use it, use it.

fj1200
08-19-2016, 12:48 PM
The real million dollar idea is to create an option where you can force someone to ignore you.

Gunny
08-19-2016, 01:13 PM
The real million dollar idea is to create an option where you can force someone to ignore you.

WTF does THAT mean?

I don't come on here to piss off people and have them ignore me. What would be the point to THAT?

Kathianne
08-19-2016, 01:21 PM
I just would like to interject that while Jim enabled the 'feature' it's up to the individual member to decide whether or not to use it. Jim, nor staff are forcing anyone to hit that button-that's up to each one of us.

Some think it's a waste, ignore it.

Some think it's a good thing, use it.

Abbey Marie
08-19-2016, 03:52 PM

Actually...

sundaydriver
08-20-2016, 06:02 AM
The simplicity to this is Jim's the boss.

I always thought Abbey & Kath ran the board? I figured Jim was in a figure head position placed there by the ladies in case someone had to go to prison or named in a lawsuit. ;)

sundaydriver
08-20-2016, 06:04 AM

And you've done it! Congrats! :laugh:

sundaydriver
08-20-2016, 06:10 AM

Maybe for those that get caught in the heat of the moment. Even though I post infrequently I still read everything to my interest and a troll is still a troll and a ridiculous posting is still the same even when eaten cold.

Kathianne
08-20-2016, 07:10 AM
I always thought Abbey & Kath ran the board? I figured Jim was in a figure head position placed there by the ladies in case someone had to go to prison or named in a lawsuit. ;)
SSSSSsssshhhhhhh! :laugh2:

fj1200
08-20-2016, 07:34 AM
And you've done it! Congrats! :laugh:

The curse of awesomeness. :halo9:

:poke:

jimnyc
08-20-2016, 08:20 AM
I just would like to interject that while Jim enabled the 'feature' it's up to the individual member to decide whether or not to use it. Jim, nor staff are forcing anyone to hit that button-that's up to each one of us.

Some think it's a waste, ignore it.

Some think it's a good thing, use it.

Indeed. Seems like some are upset that others have the ability to place them on ignore. :dunno:

You nailed it!! And they DO run the board!! I'm just here for when the ladies need a tiebreaker. :)

Maybe for those that get caught in the heat of the moment. Even though I post infrequently I still read everything to my interest and a troll is still a troll and a ridiculous posting is still the same even when eaten cold.

Sometimes folks will go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.... And some will perceive others as such, and others will perceive them as such and some will perceive me as such. To each their own. But no harm and no rules are broken if the feature is used by anyone. :)

Abbey Marie
08-20-2016, 08:30 AM
SSSSSsssshhhhhhh! :laugh2:

Remember that line from My Big Fat Greek wedding? The man is the head of the house. But the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head anyway she wants? ;)