PDA

View Full Version : Trump "lil League" in foreign policy

revelarts
08-14-2016, 11:53 AM
Fox Analyst Ralph Peters Tears Into Trump: You Really Think He Can Stand Up to Iran?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx-m7Cs7Z_o

<cite class="el-editorial-source" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: CNN, 'Helvetica Neue', Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 700;">Washington (CNN)</cite>Fifty prominent Republican foreign policy and national security experts -- many veterans of George W. Bush's administration -- have signed a letter (http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/08/08/trumpletter.pdf) denouncing Donald Trump's presidential candidacy and pledging not to vote for him.

The letter, first reported by The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/politics/national-security-gop-donald-trump.html?smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur) Monday, warns: "We are convinced that in the Oval Office, he would be the most reckless President in American history."
Its signatories include former CIA and National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden, former Director of National Intelligence and Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte and Eric Edelman, who was Vice President Dick Cheney's national security adviser and has worked closely with Michele Flournoy -- a candidate for secretary of defense in a prospective Clinton administration -- to forge a centrist group of defense experts on key military issues.
It also includes two Homeland Security secretaries under Bush, Tom Ridge and Michael Chertoff, and Robert Zoellick, a former World Bank president, U.S. trade representative and deputy secretary of state.
In the new letter, the group warns Trump "lacks the temperament to be President."
"He is unable or unwilling to separate truth from falsehood. He does not encourage conflicting views. He lacks self-control and acts impetuously. He cannot tolerate personal criticism. He has alarmed our closest allies with his erratic behavior," the letter claims. "All of these are dangerous qualities in an individual who aspires to be President and Commander-in-Chief, with command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal."

http://warontherocks.com/2016/03/open-letter-on-donald-trump-from-gop-national-security-leaders/

"Recognizing as we do, the conditions in American politics that have contributed to his popularity, we nonetheless are obligated to state our core objections clearly:
His vision of American influence and power in the world is wildly inconsistent and unmoored in principle. He swings from isolationism to military adventurism within the space of one sentence.
His advocacy for aggressively waging trade wars is a recipe for economic disaster in a globally connected world.
His embrace of the expansive use of torture is inexcusable.
His hateful, anti-Muslim rhetoric undercuts the seriousness of combating Islamic radicalism by alienating partners in the Islamic world making significant contributions to the effort. Furthermore, it endangers the safety and Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms of American Muslims.
Controlling our border and preventing illegal immigration is a serious issue, but his insistence that Mexico will fund a wall on the southern border inflames unhelpful passions, and rests on an utter misreading of, and contempt for, our southern neighbor.
Similarly, his insistence that close allies such as Japan must pay vast sums for protection is the sentiment of a racketeer, not the leader of the alliances that have served us so well since World War II.
His admiration for foreign dictators such as Vladimir Putin is unacceptable for the leader of the world’s greatest democracy.
He is fundamentally dishonest. Evidence of this includes his attempts to deny positions he has unquestionably taken in the past, including on the 2003 Iraq war and the 2011 Libyan conflict. We accept that views evolve over time, but this is simply misrepresentation.
His equation of business acumen with foreign policy experience is false. Not all lethal conflicts can be resolved as a real estate deal might, and there is no recourse to bankruptcy court in international affairs.

There's some Pots Calling the kettle Black with some of the people who signed this document but It's points stand.

revelarts
08-14-2016, 01:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj5zqJgUCCk

Roger Zachiem Former national Security Advisors under GW Bush
One of the signers of the Nat'l Security letter against Trump speaks to FOX News.
"Fox News hosts Steve Doocy and Pete Hegseth showed almost no interest in the jaw-dropping criticism 50 top Republican security officials had leveled at Donald Trump yesterday. Instead, they were too busy trying to persuade one of them to change his mind. "

DLT
08-14-2016, 01:53 PM
Fox Analyst Ralph Peters Tears Into Trump: You Really Think He Can Stand Up to Iran?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx-m7Cs7Z_o

<cite class="el-editorial-source" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: CNN, 'Helvetica Neue', Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 700;">Washington (CNN)</cite>Fifty prominent Republican foreign policy and national security experts -- many veterans of George W. Bush's administration -- have signed a letter (http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2016/images/08/08/trumpletter.pdf) denouncing Donald Trump's presidential candidacy and pledging not to vote for him.

The letter, first reported by The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/politics/national-security-gop-donald-trump.html?smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur) Monday, warns: "We are convinced that in the Oval Office, he would be the most reckless President in American history."
Its signatories include former CIA and National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden, former Director of National Intelligence and Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte and Eric Edelman, who was Vice President Dick Cheney's national security adviser and has worked closely with Michele Flournoy -- a candidate for secretary of defense in a prospective Clinton administration -- to forge a centrist group of defense experts on key military issues.
It also includes two Homeland Security secretaries under Bush, Tom Ridge and Michael Chertoff, and Robert Zoellick, a former World Bank president, U.S. trade representative and deputy secretary of state.
In the new letter, the group warns Trump "lacks the temperament to be President."
"He is unable or unwilling to separate truth from falsehood. He does not encourage conflicting views. He lacks self-control and acts impetuously. He cannot tolerate personal criticism. He has alarmed our closest allies with his erratic behavior," the letter claims. "All of these are dangerous qualities in an individual who aspires to be President and Commander-in-Chief, with command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal."

http://warontherocks.com/2016/03/open-letter-on-donald-trump-from-gop-national-security-leaders/

"Recognizing as we do, the conditions in American politics that have contributed to his popularity, we nonetheless are obligated to state our core objections clearly:
His vision of American influence and power in the world is wildly inconsistent and unmoored in principle. He swings from isolationism to military adventurism within the space of one sentence.
His advocacy for aggressively waging trade wars is a recipe for economic disaster in a globally connected world.
His embrace of the expansive use of torture is inexcusable.
His hateful, anti-Muslim rhetoric undercuts the seriousness of combating Islamic radicalism by alienating partners in the Islamic world making significant contributions to the effort. Furthermore, it endangers the safety and Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms of American Muslims.
Controlling our border and preventing illegal immigration is a serious issue, but his insistence that Mexico will fund a wall on the southern border inflames unhelpful passions, and rests on an utter misreading of, and contempt for, our southern neighbor.
Similarly, his insistence that close allies such as Japan must pay vast sums for protection is the sentiment of a racketeer, not the leader of the alliances that have served us so well since World War II.
His admiration for foreign dictators such as Vladimir Putin is unacceptable for the leader of the world’s greatest democracy.
He is fundamentally dishonest. Evidence of this includes his attempts to deny positions he has unquestionably taken in the past, including on the 2003 Iraq war and the 2011 Libyan conflict. We accept that views evolve over time, but this is simply misrepresentation.
His equation of business acumen with foreign policy experience is false. Not all lethal conflicts can be resolved as a real estate deal might, and there is no recourse to bankruptcy court in international affairs.

There's some Pots Calling the kettle Black with some of the people who signed this document but It's points stand.

I wouldn't worry about Trump having to stand up to Iran. He won't win. Doesn't stand a chance. Especially since....

he isn't even trying.

Kathianne
08-14-2016, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't worry about Trump having to stand up to Iran. He won't win. Doesn't stand a chance. Especially since....

he isn't even trying.

I tend to agree. I think he's a highly intelligent person, which doesn't mean a decent person. He has to know that he is the one keeping him from succeeding. He's done 0 to try and gather in the disaffected or the independents. He seems hellbent on losing. He is in states like CT, instead of working on the Red states that have slipped into pink or even toss up now. If he had any regard for winning, he'd be doing things much more differently.

Now his new strategy seems to be, 'Hey, if I lose all is good with me, but the country is in huge trouble because of all the rigging of elections. There's no reason to 'get out the vote' in a rigged system." Soon he'll be telling his supporters to just stay home, there's no point.

It's almost like he wants a Hillary win.

aboutime
08-14-2016, 06:38 PM
I'd rather be led by someone who knows what they are doing in the LITTLE LEAGUE, rather than someone who would THROW THE GAME, and GAMBLE ON PLAYING NICE, while the other team DECAPITATES members of the team.

Gunny
08-14-2016, 11:38 PM
I'd rather be led by someone who knows what they are doing in the LITTLE LEAGUE, rather than someone who would THROW THE GAME, and GAMBLE ON PLAYING NICE, while the other team DECAPITATES members of the team.

Agreed.

revelarts
09-14-2016, 05:04 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/rubicon666/14192066_10208750784104788_4543816303913420018_n_z pshn6ksgin.jpg
SaveSave

revelarts
09-14-2016, 05:06 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/rubicon666/14264948_10209180148293740_5343997906050756355_n_z psmxwa8yu8.jpg

foreign policy genius .

revelarts
09-14-2016, 05:08 PM
Mika of Morning Joe asked him again about his foreign policy team and strategy and, more specifically, whom he consults with consistently.
Trump replied:
"I'm speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I've said a lot of things. I know what I'm doing, and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people, and at the appropriate time I'll tell you who the people are. But my primary consultant is myself and I have, you know, a good instinct for this stuff."

revelarts
09-14-2016, 05:09 PM
Hugh Hewitt radio show

"The interview went awry from the start. Hugh Hewitt, the high-profile conservative radio host who is moderating the next GOP debate, asked Trump about Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani (http://www.businessinsider.com/qasem-suleimani-iran-deal-2015-7), the commander of the country's elite Quds Forces who is responsible for overseeing Iran's network of proxy organizations.
"Are you familiar with General Soleimani?" Hewitt asked.
Trump said he was — but added that Hewitt should "go ahead, give me a little, go ahead, tell me."
Hewitt informed Trump that Soleimani runs the Quds Forces. ("Soleimani is to terrorism sort of what Trump is to real estate," Hewitt said.) But Trump started talking about how the US needed to treat the Kurdish forces in Iraq better, a reference to the US-led coalition's fight against the Islamic State (http://www.businessinsider.com/kurds-needs-arms-to-fight-against-isis-2015-6).
After a quick back-and-forth, Trump explained that he had misheard Hewitt.
In a later question, the radio host listed a series of other notable Islamic militant-group leaders — Hezbollah's Hassan Nasrallah, Al Qaeda's Ayman al-Zawahiri, the Nusra Front's Abu Muhammad al-Julani, and the Islamic State's Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi — and asked Trump whether he was familiar with them.
Trump said he didn't know their names but dismissed the question as unimportant because new people would supposedly lead the groups by the time the next president was elected. He also vowed to hire an extremely talented general to lead the US armed forces.
"But as far as the individual players, of course I don't know them," Trump said. "I've never met them. I haven't been in a position to meet them. If they're still there — which is unlikely in many cases — but if they're still there, I will know them better than I know you."Hewitt noted that Nasrallah, the veteran Hezbollah leader, has actually been in power for a long time. In fact, according to the Israel Defense Forces (https://www.idfblog.com/hezbollah/2013/06/18/nasrallah-a-life-of-terror/), Nasrallah has been the group's leader since 1992.
The two then debated whether Hewitt's questions were fair inquiries or "gotcha" attempts to get the candidate to acknowledge that he didn't know obscure facts.
"Well, that is a 'gotcha' question, though," Trump said. "I mean, you know, when you're asking me about who's running this, this, this. ... I will be so good at the military, your head will spin.
"But obviously, I'm not meeting these people. I'm not seeing these people," Trump added, repeating his claim that the groups' leaders would most likely be gone by the time he would take office in January 2017.
Hewitt insisted he was not trying to stump the real-estate developer, but Trump said it "sounded like 'gotcha'" and called it "ridiculous" to know the names of all the Islamic militant leaders.

"Last question," Hewitt said, "So the difference between Hezbollah and Hamas does not matter to you yet, but it will?"
"It will [matter to me] when it's appropriate," Trump answered. "I will know more about it than you know, and believe me, it won't take me long.""

Drummond
09-14-2016, 06:32 PM
.. Look. When Trump wins the Presidency (... forgive my upbeat approach to this, Revelarts :rolleyes: ...) ... he'll have an army of advisers on hand to give him the very best advice and grounding he could ever hope to have from anywhere, at any time ! Though I balk at the idea of Trump vacillating - I think he is strongly motivated in clear directions - even if he has, this will come from a certain lack of the very things his staff will provide him with, once he's in the Oval Office.

What must really matter is that you go into the job with good gut instincts, that your beliefs, all you stand for, will serve America well .. and any fine-tuning necessary from those possessing the experiences to provide it, will be on hand. The right combination resulting from the marriage of good motivation and excellent advice will come about once the new President is in place ... IF ... he isn't following a wrecking Leftie agenda.

aboutime
09-14-2016, 07:44 PM
rev. Are you running for any political office? Do you qualify to take on Trump, and Clinton?

If you, and others insist Trump comes from the lil league of foreign policy. Perhaps you should explain HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE the ACORN Community Organizer had...before he was blindly elected, despite being UNQUALIFIED?

So. Unless you can show us your resume', and document your experience with foreign policy.

"Let he who is without sin....Cast the first stone?"

Elessar
09-14-2016, 08:12 PM
There is also The ACORN hero's comment on the Junior Varsity that makes this thread laughable...
Ummmm...that was Obama by the way.:laugh:

revelarts
09-14-2016, 08:20 PM
well, newsflash, I didn't vote for Obama either.
But at least Obama can string a coherent foreign policy sentence together.
without mentioning his "very good brain".

Perianne
09-14-2016, 08:25 PM

Obama. Meh.

A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee

aboutime
09-14-2016, 09:18 PM

Agree with you rev. Obama, like Hillary are perfectionists at stringing LIES together. And, at least TRUMP has a brain, and not a cooked, washed, liberal lying agenda that is basically DNC double-talk, that impresses the uneducated, illiterate, and followers of that HOPE and CHANGE that never came.

Elessar
09-14-2016, 11:27 PM

Foreign policy with him is completely foreign. Never defined,
never strong, never direct. All he does is rattle a sword, a paper tiger.

revelarts
09-15-2016, 08:30 AM
Foreign policy with him is completely foreign. Never defined,
never strong, never direct. All he does is rattle a sword, a paper tiger.

I never said he was any good at it. Just that he could articulate it. He's pissed away a lot of opputunity. And contiuened very bad M.E. interventionist policy. As well as weak diplomacy.