PDA

View Full Version : Sessions: 'Fundamental Truth' in Trump's Assertion That Obama Founded ISIS

jimnyc
08-15-2016, 01:27 PM
He DID create them. He may not have been the factual islamic leader on the ground, but still holds a massive amount of responsibility for their creation and ability to grow and grow.

-----

Sen. Jeff Sessions on Monday said Donald Trump "stirred things up" when he asserted President Barack Obama founded ISIS, but also said the Republican candidate's comments contained a "fundamental truth."

Appearing on CNN's "New Day" program, Sessions, R-Alabama, said the Obama administration is responsible for the rise of ISIS nonetheless.

"Everybody knows Clinton and Obama didn't meet to plot the foundation of ISIS so yeah, he stirred things up with that comment. You could say it was smart or not smart. But in a way it had a fundamental truth to it," Session said on "New Day."

"Key errors by our own administration allowed ISIS to come on the scene in a powerful way. It has 6,000 ISIS members in Libya which Hillary Clinton overrode … now we have chaos, a million refugees there and Benghazi arising from it.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/senjeff-sessions-isis-founder-barack-obama/2016/08/15/id/743655/

revelarts
08-15-2016, 01:46 PM
the rise of ISIS can be track back to the US via a many politicians.

But Trump can't just say that Hillary and OBAMA are to blame and be trying to be completely honest.
Romney wanted to invade Libya just as much MORE than Obama. and Benghazi didn't cause ISIS, the CIA bringing in arms to Libyan "rebels" (former Iraqi insurgents) was a bi-partisan act.

<tbody>
Gingrich
"That’s why during a March 7th Greta van Susteren interview, I asserted that the president should establish a no-fly zone ‘this evening.’ After March 3rd, the President should have moved immediately to consult with Congress to implement a no-fly zone, while also making it clear the U.S. would welcome involvement from other nations."

Gingrich concluded the post by reinforcing his support for the mission. "Now that we have U.S. forces engaged, any result less than the removal of Gadhafi from power will be considered a defeat," he said. "For that reason, I believe we must support the mission and see it through."...

....So where does this leave us? Gingrich has a point that Obama’s March 3 declaration about Gadhafi had consequences, and if Gingrich had provided that context of his thinking in both interviews, he could have made a reasonable argument that the two statements were consistent. However, Gingrich didn’t clarify his comments in that way until after he started taking heat for having flip-flopped. Because he didn’t, we give him a Full Flop.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...n-no-fly-zone/

Mitt Romney
"Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney said on the Hugh Hewitt Show Monday that he supports military action in Libya, but criticized the administration's multilateral approach, deferring to European allies and the Arab League before ultimately deciding to use force. Romney also said that he believes Obama should have intervened earlier, but he hasn’t said explicitly that he would have moved unilaterally with military action or what that would have involved....
"I support military action in Libya. I support our troops there and the mission that they've been given. But let me also note that thus far, the President has been unable to construct a foreign policy, any foreign policy," Romney said. "And I believe that it flows from his fundamental disbelief in American exceptionalism."
He then referred back to the Lockerbie bombing, not the rebel uprising, as the apparent justification for getting rid of Gaddafi. He suggested he would have moved unilaterally but did not say so explicitly. Nor did he outline the steps that should be followed now to oust the Libyan dictator. Aides said his comments spoke for themselves...."

Rick Santorum
"Senator Santorum supported military intervention into Libya, but opposed the timing and method of President Obama. In March of 2011, Senator Santorum stated that he believed that President Obama had hesitated too much and missed an opportunity to be a positive force in Libya early on in the rebellion when Ghaddaffi's army was on the run and was confused. He added that the situation in Libya was nothing like the one in Iraq or Afghanistan and that the US could simply go in at the tipping point and assist the rebel forces. He stated that the President should have done something to help the rebels other than verbally state that he agreed with their cause.
Senator Santorum continued his criticism of President Obama's policies in the Reagan debate by stating that the President missed an opportunity to be a force for good in Libya by being indecisive.
http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Pro...m/Views/Libya/

</tbody>

one exception
Quote:

<tbody>
"As bad as these dictators are ..they don't allow AlQueda and other radicals.
...We may be delivering Libya to AlQueda."

Ron Paul

</tbody>

revelarts
08-15-2016, 01:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oidaJHwZZgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oidaJHwZZgs