PDA

View Full Version : Watching The "Trump Pivots" Speech?

Kathianne
08-16-2016, 08:23 PM
Starting in a 'few minutes.' I'll be watching.

revelarts
08-16-2016, 10:02 PM
Caught the last parts of it.
Not a bad speech... for Trump.
He sounded mostly sane. I really liked the bit about "ASKING" his people to sign a pledge not to get paid by corporations lobbyist or foreign countries during AND for 5 years AFTER they leave office.
If he were proposing it as a LAW that'd be better. but at least he put it out there.
He'll probably LOSE more seated R official's support because of it though.

And i only caught one really Overblown comment . that Hillary had broken the law more than anyone in "HISTORY." ok sure She broke the law ..and is veteran crook... but more than anyone in history? naw.
But hey that can be forgiven.

I didn't here much that many could disagree with.
If he keeps this up he might still have a chance with those that are only looking for more good promises, and pretend the everything else he's said crazy and policy wise wasn't real.
But can he keep a strait face for 2+ months? I doubt it.

Kathianne
08-16-2016, 10:27 PM
Caught the last parts of it.
Not a bad speech... for Trump.
He sounded mostly sane. I really liked the bit about "ASKING" his people to sign a pledge not to get paid by corporations lobbyist or foreign countries during AND for 5 years AFTER they leave office.
If he were proposing it as a LAW that'd be better. but at least he put it out there.
He'll probably LOSE more seated R official's support because of it though.

And i only caught one really Overblown comment . that Hillary had broken the law more than anyone in "HISTORY." ok sure She broke the law ..and is veteran crook... but more than anyone in history? naw.
But hey that can be forgiven.

I didn't here much that many could disagree with.
If he keeps this up he might still have a chance with those that are only looking for more good promises, and pretend the everything else he's said crazy and policy wise wasn't real.
But can he keep a strait face for 2+ months? I doubt it.

Good for him on the bolded, that's something that I think is more important than term limits even. I agree it must be a law, "The stop the revolving door law."

I've said from the get-go, there's things he puts forward that I agree with, I just don't believe he'd do what he claims. Why would I, when he changes his tune sometimes within seconds?

Many of the right messages, a beyond redeemable messenger.

DLT
08-17-2016, 11:25 AM
Good for him on the bolded, that's something that I think is more important than term limits even. I agree it must be a law, "The stop the revolving door law."

I've said from the get-go, there's things he puts forward that I agree with, I just don't believe he'd do what he claims. Why would I, when he changes his tune sometimes within seconds?

Many of the right messages, a beyond redeemable messenger.

I don't trust a damned thing he says at this point.

Remember how he demonized Heidi Cruz for (horrors! gasp!!!) being an employee of Goldman Sachs? Guess who he just hired.....yet another former employee of GS. Hypocrisy, thy name is Donald The Trump.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-hires-breitbart-chief-campaign-shakeup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Bannon

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-05/trump-picks-former-goldman-partner-and-soros-employee-finance-chairman