PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee, similar to Ferguson?

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 06:38 AM
Is Milwaukee now having it's Ferguson moment? Kath started another thread on this very subject. Out of respect, starting a new one to STAY on subject, and her other thread can continue on experiences and drugs and such. This is easier than splitting. Kath - feel free to move any posts over here that you think should be here to help this subject!!

Kathianne
08-18-2016, 06:47 AM
Funny thing if you read my OP was that it was more on waking up and finding news that related to 2 of my relatives, niece in Milwaukee and cousin in LA.

Watching the news this morning, the most significant link between the two is the MSM media now admitting that neither was given the coverage they should have.

When Taylor Swift is taking the lead in LA flooding over the President or any candidates, something is wrong.

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 06:51 AM
Funny thing if you read my OP was that it was more on waking up and finding news that related to 2 of my relatives, niece in Milwaukee and cousin in LA.

Watching the news this morning, the most significant link between the two is the MSM media now admitting that neither was given the coverage they should have.

When Taylor Swift is taking the lead in LA flooding over the President or any candidates, something is wrong.

You can edit my OP if you want to place it more on point, or change the title!!

Kathianne
08-18-2016, 06:54 AM
You can edit my OP if you want to place it more on point, or change the title!!

Nah, days later the 'story' has changed. Flood waters rose and have now fallen and the politics of the catastrophe have moved to the forefront.

Milwaukee seems to have calmed a bit, as has Ferguson and Baltimore, but no solutions for any have been brought forward by government or even the neighborhoods that I've read. Maybe everyone just thinks the status quo is fine? Dunno, seems the problems and possible solutions have been around since the government's 'War on Poverty' brought forth the mess.