PDA

View Full Version : old news: TSA "constitutionally" searching cars

revelarts
08-18-2016, 11:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllajrgDwbs (http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/TSA_BirminghamCarSearch.png)

(http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/TSA_BirminghamCarSearch.png)Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/TSA_BirminghamCarSearch.png

(http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/TSA_BirminghamCarSearch.png)
"The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has now expanded its intrusive searching protocol to include the interior of parked cars left at the airport. Reports of vehicle searches have been reported at multiple airports since this summer.
Since roughly June, airports have been performing vehicle searches of cars parked in front of terminals. According to their signs, this is being done in accordance with TSA mandates and local authorities.
Over the Thanksgiving holiday, a traveler photographed the sign pictured above at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport in Birmingham, Alabama. It reads:

“ALL CARS WILL BE SEARCHED BY UNIFORMED SECURITY AS MANDATED BY BAA AND TSA”

The sign is being displayed by AmeriPark, a valet company. It cites the Birmingham Airport Authority and TSA as the government agencies responsible for the warrantless vehicle searches.
http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/TSA_VehicleInspection-300x164.png (http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/TSA_VehicleInspection.png)
A TSA inspection notice from Rochester, NY. (Source: WHEC 10 News (http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3101080.shtml?cat=566))

This report is similar to what was reported in Rochester, NY, this July. A woman discovered a note left in her car that her vehicle had been searched without her permission or notice. Laurie Iacuzza said she was “furious” that airport personnel had used her keys to gain access to the vehicle which she had entrusted to a valet parking attendant.
The notice, found on her dashboard read: “Thank you for your patronage. Your vehicle has been inspected under TSA regulations.”
When asked which parking lots were being searched, John McCaffery, TSA, said (http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3101080.shtml?cat=566) that the searches include vehicles that were parked close enough to present a “vulnerability” to the airport, which did not necessarily include distant garage parking.
WHEC 10 News’s Berkeley Brean reported (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllajrgDwbs) that “The TSA says that this is part of its overall security plan, in that its a proactive move to keep you and your family safe at the airport. “
“The attendants told me that its kind of a three-phase thing, they’re ordered to search the trunk, the engine, and scan the inside of the car,” Brean continued. “They say it takes about 30 seconds to do it. They say that they don’t go through your console or your glove boxes. The TSA says that they’re instructing these valet attendants to look for large amounts of explosive material.”"

SO why Can't UN police do this?

Elessar
08-18-2016, 12:04 PM
Going into every airport with commercial service you will see a sign
or placard stating that all vehicles are subject to search under Federal Law.
TSA is mandated to enforce this legal statute.

There are also signs along the fenceline stating 'No Trespassing', quoting
Federal Law. Locals, usually the Sheriff's Department, are the ones to do
initial enforcement.

jimnyc
08-18-2016, 12:32 PM
Going into every airport with commercial service you will see a sign
or placard stating that all vehicles are subject to search under Federal Law.
TSA is mandated to enforce this legal statute.

There are also signs along the fenceline stating 'No Trespassing', quoting
Federal Law. Locals, usually the Sheriff's Department, are the ones to do
initial enforcement.

I believe we've seen the same with luggage as well, all being up for search when in an airport. Especially if not carry on luggage, sometimes they not only xray/scan it, but also open it and inspect. I've seen people upset that when they get to their destination they have actually found a note inside from the person who inspected it!!

I don't have an issue with the luggage or anything going inside an airplane, but I'd have to read more about the vehicles BS, as that sounds like too much, but I haven't read on it yet.

And the UN? What to they have to do with any of this? Other than perhaps trying to push a few buttons? :poke:

Elessar
08-18-2016, 12:40 PM
I believe we've seen the same with luggage as well, all being up for search when in an airport. Especially if not carry on luggage, sometimes they not only xray/scan it, but also open it and inspect. I've seen people upset that when they get to their destination they have actually found a note inside from the person who inspected it!!

I don't have an issue with the luggage or anything going inside an airplane, but I'd have to read more about the vehicles BS, as that sounds like too much, but I haven't read on it yet.

And the UN? What to they have to do with any of this? Other than perhaps trying to push a few buttons? :poke:

All I can reply with is that if I had been in vessel inspections I could search a vessel without the need
of a warrant because the USCG does NOT need a warrant unless there is a specific need for targeting.

If you have nothing to hide, there is nothing to fear.

Vehicle searches at a public airport are for the safety of all patrons.

revelarts
08-18-2016, 12:56 PM
If you have nothing to hide, there is nothing to fear.
and there ya have it, the constitution on fire.

So at that point there's no need for warrants ANYWHERE Elessar.
they can come in your house, at the airport, or into your car on the street. your business, your bank. etc..
the nothing to hide rule.

But i have to ask. If you do refuse a search are you then a criminal by default?
is there ANY need for REASONABLE suspicion? or probably cause?
What a bout a warrant at that point or is refusal itself suspicious?

NightTrain
08-18-2016, 01:52 PM

they can come in your house, at the airport, or into your car on the street. your business, your bank. etc..

But i have to ask. If you do refuse a search are you then a criminal by default?

No, it's completely different than them coming into your house and searching.

You don't need to fly, it's a choice.

Being searched at an airport is a hassle, we all agree. But wouldn't you rather get a small hassle like dealing with TSA or being blown out of the sky with a few hundred others by a bomb brought along by your friendly neighborhood muzzie?

Elessar
08-18-2016, 03:50 PM

I made NO such implications at all. I responded to the point of being on Federally
|recognized property by TSA. Then used the example of doing vessel inspections.

A home or vehicle elsewhere is different. Unless there is probable cause or an emergent
situation, a warrant is needed.

You twisted it, not me. You got nothing to hide, then you should have no worries.

Constitution is NOT on fire unless you are the one burning it.

Gunny
08-18-2016, 04:00 PM
I made NO such implications at all. I responded to the point of being on Federally
|recognized property by TSA. Then used the example of doing vessel inspections.

A home or vehicle elsewhere is different. Unless there is probable cause or an emergent
situation, a warrant is needed.

You twisted it, not me. You got nothing to hide, then you should have no worries.

Constitution is NOT on fire unless you are the one burning it.

I hate TSA. We can start there. They're so dumb they can't spell it. I consider them the Gestapo.

However, revelarts you have to consider your audience. You never do. Elessar is a law enforcement agent. He's carrying out his orders. We don't sit around and ask why unless it's unlawful.

Elessar
08-18-2016, 04:15 PM
I hate TSA. We can start there. They're so dumb they can't spell it. I consider them the Gestapo.

However, @revelarts (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1760) you have to consider your audience. You never do. Elessar is a law enforcement agent. He's carrying out his orders. We don't sit around and ask why unless it's unlawful.

Thanks Gunny.

Want to see a tough system? Try Israel.

Rev...You need to wake up and smell the coffee. I know Federal Law. TSA stinks because the
job is offered open market. I had to go through a lot of training compared to them. However,
when on their turf I kept quiet and complied with them, as a Professional will do.

Warrantless searches will happen. Some woman screaming "RAPE" or gunshots in
a house do NOT require warrants to enter and resolve. Smell of MJ in a vehicle does
NOT require a warrant to search. Miranda law can be over-ridden in an emergent situation,
and is fully backed up by our Supreme Court.

fj1200
08-18-2016, 04:16 PM
I think the point is being missed. We all must bow down to the State now.

Gunny
08-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Thanks Gunny.

Rev...You need to wake up and smell the coffee. I know Federal Law. TSA stinks because the
job is offered open market. I had to go through a lot of training compared to them. However,
when on their turf I kept quiet and complied with them, as a Professional will do.

a house do NOT require warrants to enter and resolve. Smell of MJ in a vehicle does
NOT require a warrant to search. Miranda law can be over-ridden in an emergent situation,

Those of us except Hillary that know Federal law. know federal law. Anyone that thinks they don't pump it into our brains constantly needs to try again. We're always in some dumbass class. I'd fall asleep. Then they'd give me sh*t and I'd be like ain't this the same crap we listened to 6 months ago? How many times do you have to drill this into my head?

I can to this day carry out all orders within the rules. THAT is my biggest bitch about Hitlery. She's above what a private knows by heart.

Gunny
08-18-2016, 04:58 PM
I think the point is being missed. We all must bow down to the State now.

Y'think? Most of us that work(ed) for the state want nothing to do with it. No one's missing the point. We're all burnt out from talk. Y'all talk all kinds of crap and nothing's changed. DO something. Make a change. If it's for the better, we will be there.

Quit trying to mouth your way somewhere and lace up those boots.

Elessar
08-18-2016, 05:05 PM
Those of us except Hillary that know Federal law. know federal law. Anyone that thinks they don't pump it into our brains constantly needs to try again. We're always in some dumbass class. I'd fall asleep. Then they'd give me sh*t and I'd be like ain't this the same crap we listened to 6 months ago? How many times do you have to drill this into my head?

I can to this day carry out all orders within the rules. THAT is my biggest bitch about Hitlery. She's above what a private knows by heart.

I (we) had to go through 'mandated training' annually unless some event happened in which
the training occurred more frequently. It got boring. I do not need the message hammered
into my head that often.

fj1200
08-19-2016, 09:28 AM
Y'think? Most of us that work(ed) for the state want nothing to do with it. No one's missing the point. We're all burnt out from talk. Y'all talk all kinds of crap and nothing's changed. DO something. Make a change. If it's for the better, we will be there.

Quit trying to mouth your way somewhere and lace up those boots.

You must have missed some of the justification for "bowing down" here. Not sure what there is to do here besides talk on a website and not vote for candidates just because they're less big government than the other. :dunno:

Kathianne
08-19-2016, 09:43 AM
You must have missed some of the justification for "bowing down" here. Not sure what there is to do here besides talk on a website and not vote for candidates just because they're less big government than the other. :dunno:

I'm pondering running for a local office next cycle. The good thing about AZ is there's not that many people and things at least seem pretty straight forward.

fj1200
08-19-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm pondering running for a local office next cycle. The good thing about AZ is there's not that many people and things at least seem pretty straight forward.

Ya carpetbagger you. :laugh: It would be very easy to be the Republican candidate for anything in my county but that's only to be the sacrificial lamb for a November election. :eek:

Kathianne
08-19-2016, 09:50 AM
Ya carpetbagger you. :laugh: It would be very easy to be the Republican candidate for anything in my county but that's only to be the sacrificial lamb for a November election. :eek:

No joke! Pretty much it's set up a facebook page, state your stands. Put out a couple signs-that's the campaign. There's few newspapers and the writing is bad, to say the least. Best paper is AZ Republic, which covers Phoenix and environs nearly exclusively. Tucson gets some coverage, but Northern AZ? Not much, unless some kid climbs above the treeline in Flagstaff and is hit by lightening.

fj1200
08-19-2016, 09:56 AM
No joke! Pretty much it's set up a facebook page, state your stands. Put out a couple signs-that's the campaign. There's few newspapers and the writing is bad, to say the least. Best paper is AZ Republic, which covers Phoenix and environs nearly exclusively. Tucson gets some coverage, but Northern AZ? Not much, unless some kid climbs above the treeline in Flagstaff and is hit by lightening.

AZ 1? Ann Kirkpatrick? You can take her. :buttkick:

Kathianne
08-19-2016, 09:58 AM
AZ 1? Ann Kirkpatrick? You can take her. :buttkick:

I was thinking more like school board or alderman. ;) Likely the best way to figure out what's going on around here.

revelarts
08-19-2016, 11:06 AM
Thanks Gunny.

who's complaining a about warrentless "searches" based on gunshots or a cry of rape Elessar?
THAT IS Probable Cause/Reasonable Suspicion by definition.

what i'm talking about is FISHING expeditions, searching EVERYONE, random searches, random frisk, electronically athering and storing private info and others info willy nilly, making list on innocent peoples actions, names, associations, etc just because they can and they MIGHT, possibly be a danger one day maybe.
the coffee's BURNING elessar maybe you've been to close to notice.

as far as "following orders" goes, well we know how that ends. And concerning respecting others doing a piss poor job without comment or correction, well if that's professionalism then it seems to me we need new standards.
What ever happen to see something say something.
does that apply to other officers/professionals obviously over steeping constitutional, legal and even common sense bounds?

If other professionals who KNOW the law and BEST practices don't/won't correct other "professionals" then there nothing to to do but to expect lowly civilians like myself to complain until somethings done to realign LEOs to the constitution. Seems to me the TSA makes YOU look bad as well especially if you just stand by and WATCH them screw up day after day.

I'm smelling the coffee and it's BURNT. it needs to be trashed and new pots put on.
If professional well trained coffee makers just stand around and watch the coffee burn out of professional courtesy sorry in my mind that's unacceptable.

revelarts
08-19-2016, 11:06 AM
No, it's completely different than them coming into your house and searching.
You don't need to fly, it's a choice.
Being searched at an airport is a hassle, we all agree. But wouldn't you rather get a small hassle like dealing with TSA or being blown out of the sky with a few hundred others by a bomb brought along by your friendly neighborhood muzzie?

you don't NEED a house. Having a House is CHOICE.
Driving is a PRIVILEGE. If you're on Gov't Roads then the gov't can search your car and your bodily orifices. you're on a PUBLIC road by Choice THEREFORE for the sake of public safety it needs to be allowed. It's a hassle but would you rather DIE!! Some friendly neighborhood muzzie might be sitting in traffic with bomb. Or maybe at school. are you SURE they didn't come into your House?!!

depending on the level of FEAR the lines crosses will continue and people will say it's "reasonable" even claim it's constitutional.
Even though it's Neither.
the TSA has NOT worked. But they have pissed on our rights. Rights some seem to think we never had.

Gunny
08-19-2016, 11:46 AM

That is your justification in every argument. Someone missed the point. Seems to me YOU are the one missing the point. I've railed against living in a police state for years. You think I changed my mind yesterday? Your response mirrors your responses in the pollution thread.

Laws are created for the weak, not the strong. The police at whatever level are created for the weak, not the strong. Both are created by the weak, not the strong. Fact is, they exist. You can go with the flow or move elsewhere. Try Thailand. They will love YOU. :laugh:

Gunny
08-19-2016, 11:56 AM

Join the club, sis. Everything in this state is controlled by Albuquerque. To include the tv stations. There's just nothing here. Probably got more horny toads, rabbits and snakes voting than people. :laugh:

Gunny
08-19-2016, 12:09 PM
who's complaining a about warrentless "searches" based on gunshots or a cry of rape Elessar?
THAT IS Probable Cause/Reasonable Suspicion by definition.

what i'm talking about is FISHING expeditions, searching EVERYONE, random searches, random frisk, electronically athering and storing private info and others info willy nilly, making list on innocent peoples actions, names, associations, etc just because they can and they MIGHT, possibly be a danger one day maybe.
the coffee's BURNING elessar maybe you've been to close to notice.

as far as "following orders" goes, well we know how that ends. And concerning respecting others doing a piss poor job without comment or correction, well if that's professionalism then it seems to me we need new standards.
What ever happen to see something say something.
does that apply to other officers/professionals obviously over steeping constitutional, legal and even common sense bounds?

If other professionals who KNOW the law and BEST practices don't/won't correct other "professionals" then there nothing to to do but to expect lowly civilians like myself to complain until somethings done to realign LEOs to the constitution. Seems to me the TSA makes YOU look bad as well especially if you just stand by and WATCH them screw up day after day.

I'm smelling the coffee and it's BURNT. it needs to be trashed and new pots put on.
If professional well trained coffee makers just stand around and watch the coffee burn out of professional courtesy sorry in my mind that's unacceptable.

You don't know a thing about following orders. You want to indict the whole for the actions of the few. I personally, that I know of, never met one person that would carry out an unlawful order. But you better have your ducks in a row when you take on the system.

The TSA doesn't make us look bad. They're rent-a-cops. We are trained professionals. YOU trying to include them with us is insulting.

revelarts
08-19-2016, 12:16 PM
You don't know a thing about following orders. You want to indict the whole for the actions of the few. I personally, that I know of, never met one person that would carry out an unlawful order. But you better have your ducks in a row when you take on the system.

The TSA doesn't make us look bad. They're rent-a-cops. We are trained professionals. YOU trying to include them with us is insulting.
Elessar says he deals with them as fellow "professionals"... untrained professional but professionals and fellow LEOs none the less..
Sorry you don't get to disown them Gunny. They are hired by the same gov't and SUPPOSEDLY do a similar job.... "protect the country" under the authority of a badge and uniform.

Gunny
08-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Elessar says he deals with them as fellow "professionals"... untrained professional but professionals and fellow LEOs none the less..
Sorry you don't get to disown them Gunny. They are hired by the same gov't and SUPPOSEDLY do a similar job.... "protect the country" under the authority of a badge and uniform.

I can easily disown them. I'm an 0317, combat Marine. I don't play cop. Elessar is a Coastie. You can't hire the idiot off the corner to run a cutter. HUGE difference between us and some moron playing cop at an airport.

WHy can't you just agree to agree to agree ever? I can't stand the TSA. I sure as Hell wouldn't wait on them to drop their Cheeto's and protect me.

So yeah, I sure as sh*t can disown them. They're not part of the military. They're just idiots hired as a patch job after 9/11 to appease the left's whining.

revelarts
08-19-2016, 12:43 PM
I can easily disown them. I'm an 0317, combat Marine. I don't play cop. Elessar is a Coastie. You can't hire the idiot off the corner to run a cutter. HUGE difference between us and some moron playing cop at an airport.

WHy can't you just agree to agree to agree ever? I can't stand the TSA. I sure as Hell wouldn't wait on them to drop their Cheeto's and protect me.

So yeah, I sure as sh*t can disown them. They're not part of the military. They're just idiots hired as a patch job after 9/11 to appease the left's whining.

we Agree 100% that the TSA is crap from conception to implementation.

I think they are generally useless and counter productive.
And I think they should be removed.

But hey Gunny you came in saying i shouldn't connect what Elesar had already connected.
And that i didn't know what i was talking about. Was i suppose to agree with you on how wrong i was when i was wasn't wrong.
sheesh man.
The TSA are are supposedly protecting the country from enemies. seems to me the SAME job goal as Marines just far different tools and venues.
so can we agree?

fj1200
08-19-2016, 12:47 PM
That is your justification in every argument. Someone missed the point. Seems to me YOU are the one missing the point. I've railed against living in a police state for years. You think I changed my mind yesterday? Your response mirrors your responses in the pollution thread.

Laws are created for the weak, not the strong. The police at whatever level are created for the weak, not the strong. Both are created by the weak, not the strong. Fact is, they exist. You can go with the flow or move elsewhere. Try Thailand. They will love YOU. :laugh:

Thank you for more folksy anecdotalism. :)

Gunny
08-19-2016, 01:05 PM
we Agree 100% that the TSA is crap from conception to implementation.

I think they are generally useless and counter productive.
And I think they should be removed.

But hey Gunny you came in saying i shouldn't connect what Elesar had already connected.
And that i didn't know what i was talking about. Was i suppose to agree with you on how wrong i was when i was wasn't wrong.
sheesh man.
The TSA are are supposedly protecting the country from enemies. seems to me the SAME job goal as Marines just far different tools and venues.
so can we agree?

Your personal skills are sorely lacking, rev. I'm constant. I know the rules and I know the deal. I'm a Gunny. Same as a Chief. It's my job to advise you why sh*t won't work. Then I get to make it work because I'm lucky like that.

If you look back up, I've said the TSA was sh*t from every post about it. However, the other side of the coin is very different. I want to go home. First thing you need to learn is us vets will kick the crap out of each other in a bar, but when you attack? We close ranks.

All it takes is one idiot drug runner with an RPG to take out the bridge. You don't go home. Don't know about you, but I love my little girls. I liked seeing them.

So don't go comparing us to rent-a-cops. That's about as big an insult as you can throw out there.

revelarts
08-19-2016, 01:26 PM
.....So don't go comparing us to rent-a-cops. That's about as big an insult as you can throw out there.

THAT i can understand Gunny.
I meant no offense. the TSA are not in the same league as ANY branch of the military. period.

I was just making ONE point.
5th string bench sitters farm team guys who are drinking all the water while doing nothing are still "on the team". But everyone knows who the real big league players are Gunny. Here's my point, if the Real players see the farm team bench sitters committing fouls getting on the field when they shouldn't, causing "the team" to lose, then the real players ought to say something directly to the 5th stringers. And not get mad at the ticket buying team fans who are yelling at them to STAY OFF The field.

Gunny
08-19-2016, 01:31 PM
THAT i can understand Gunny.
I meant no offense. the TSA and not in the same league as ANY brach of the military. period.

I was just making ONE point.
5th string bench sitters farm team drinking all the water are still "on the team" but everyone knows who the real big league players are Gunny. Here's my point, if the Real players see the farm team bench sitters committing fouls getting on the field when they shouldn't, causing "the team" to lose then the real players ought to say something directly too the 5th stringers. Not get mad at the ticket buying team fans who are yelling at them to STAY OFF The field.

That 5th seat is still a player, right? What are you going to do without him?

I'm not going to argue with you about the TSA. They ain't even close to 5th seat. Just don't compare us to them. They couldn't lace our boots.

revelarts
08-19-2016, 02:02 PM
PROVEN: TSA HIRES MURDERERS, RAPISTS, THIEVES
...But the TSA screeners patting you down and combing through your belongings don’t have federal law-enforcement training, may earn about as much as a McDonald’s shift manager and are not required to possess a high-school diploma or GED. In fact, they might even be criminals.
If recent news reports are any indication, many Americans can’t even trust that TSA’s screeners won’t steal their laptops, money or jewelry. What does it take to work for the TSA?
In May 2012, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., released a report titled, “‘Not on My Watch’: 50 Failures of TSA’s Transportation Security Officers (http://blackburn.house.gov/uploadedfiles/blackburn_tso_report.pdf).”
“While in the last decade TSA has employed many dedicated public servants who truly have a deep desire to serve our country, they have also hired an alarming number of individuals who in many cases would never have passed a simple background check,” Blackburn’s report stated. “This problem has only exacerbated itself since 2005 when TSA administratively reclassified airport security screeners as Transportation Security Officers. To make matters worse, TSA upgraded TSOs uniforms to reflect those of federal law enforcement officers, complete with metal officer badges. Despite their new title of officer, TSOs receive zero federal law enforcement training and … many TSOs have displayed little respect for the titles they hold and the uniforms they wear.”
A recent search of job postings revealed the Transportation Security Officer positions come with a salary as low as $29,131 per year and are open to U.S. citizens and U.S. nationals.....

....The most common offenses in the report included theft of money and laptops and trafficking child pornography.
One agent allegedly wore his uniform and displayed a badge before sexually assaulting a woman before fleeing on foot. Another TSA agent was arrested for kidnapping a woman and sexually assaulting her. At least four of the agents in the report were arrested for sexually assaulting young girls. One agent wore her uniform while she sold heroin near a local elementary school. Two agents were arrested for illegally carrying guns into airports.
More recently, TSA screeners made headlines when they were accused of traumatizing a disabled toddler (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2013/02/tsa-apologizes-for-traumatizing-disabled-toddler/) in a wheelchair.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/proven-tsa-hires-killers-rapists-thieves/#AUYbIro8p193hPBC.99

Gunny
08-19-2016, 02:14 PM
PROVEN: TSA HIRES MURDERERS, RAPISTS, THIEVES
...But the TSA screeners patting you down and combing through your belongings don’t have federal law-enforcement training, may earn about as much as a McDonald’s shift manager and are not required to possess a high-school diploma or GED. In fact, they might even be criminals.
If recent news reports are any indication, many Americans can’t even trust that TSA’s screeners won’t steal their laptops, money or jewelry. What does it take to work for the TSA?
In May 2012, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., released a report titled, “‘Not on My Watch’: 50 Failures of TSA’s Transportation Security Officers (http://blackburn.house.gov/uploadedfiles/blackburn_tso_report.pdf).”
“While in the last decade TSA has employed many dedicated public servants who truly have a deep desire to serve our country, they have also hired an alarming number of individuals who in many cases would never have passed a simple background check,” Blackburn’s report stated. “This problem has only exacerbated itself since 2005 when TSA administratively reclassified airport security screeners as Transportation Security Officers. To make matters worse, TSA upgraded TSOs uniforms to reflect those of federal law enforcement officers, complete with metal officer badges. Despite their new title of officer, TSOs receive zero federal law enforcement training and … many TSOs have displayed little respect for the titles they hold and the uniforms they wear.”
A recent search of job postings revealed the Transportation Security Officer positions come with a salary as low as $29,131 per year and are open to U.S. citizens and U.S. nationals.....

....The most common offenses in the report included theft of money and laptops and trafficking child pornography.
One agent allegedly wore his uniform and displayed a badge before sexually assaulting a woman before fleeing on foot. Another TSA agent was arrested for kidnapping a woman and sexually assaulting her. At least four of the agents in the report were arrested for sexually assaulting young girls. One agent wore her uniform while she sold heroin near a local elementary school. Two agents were arrested for illegally carrying guns into airports.
More recently, TSA screeners made headlines when they were accused of traumatizing a disabled toddler (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2013/02/tsa-apologizes-for-traumatizing-disabled-toddler/) in a wheelchair.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/proven-tsa-hires-killers-rapists-thieves/#AUYbIro8p193hPBC.99

You're preaching to the choir. I can get through San Antonio International Airport with a tube of toothpaste only to have it confiscated in Nowhereville, IL. What? I'm going to brush your teeth to death? Gee, THAT won't take long. :rolleyes: In the meantime I have an 8" blade in my bag.

hjmick
08-19-2016, 04:07 PM
From the OP:

WHEC 10 News’s Berkeley Brean reported that “The TSA says that this is part of its overall security plan, in that its a proactive move to keep you and your family safe at the airport. “

“The attendants told me that its kind of a three-phase thing, they’re ordered to search the trunk, the engine, and scan the inside of the car,” Brean continued. “They say it takes about 30 seconds to do it. They say that they don’t go through your console or your glove boxes. The TSA says that they’re instructing these valet attendants to look for large amounts of explosive material.”"

So, it's NOT TSA doing the searches, it's the attendants. Either way, without my knowledge, my consent, or a search warrant I'm not okay with any of it. In some states, your car is considered an extension of your home and as such falls under the Castle doctrine. Last time I checked, in Texas keeping a concealed firearm in your vehicle was legal. Now I will grant you that leaving a gun in your car and leaving your car in long or short term parking at the airport isn't the brightest thing you can do, but I imagine that it happens. When these uneducated (come on, they're parking lot attendants), untrained (come on, a few instructions from the TSA doesn't constitute training), underpaid (come on, they park cars for a living) monkeys (come on, that's not a racial slur in this instance, I have no idea what color they are) find a gun, what do they do? I'm sorry, but would you let the Dominos guy search your house on behalf of an official governmental agency? Without a warrant? Without cause? And yes, it's the same thing.

There is no reason anyone should happily accept this sort of thing. Overall, the TSA has been a bust, a waste of money, and an inconvenience to travelers nationwide. In fifteen years has there been a single instance where any of these searches prevented or turned up anything? Christ, what makes any of you advocates for this bullshit think the government, the very same government that couldn't stop Ft Hood, San Bernardino, or Florida (after having the guy on a list and interviewing him three times), using PARKING ATTENDANTS, is going to stop a damn thing? Is the violation of your rights really worth it?

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Kathianne
08-19-2016, 04:11 PM
From the OP:

So, it's NOT TSA doing the searches, it's the attendants. Either way, without my knowledge, my consent, or a search warrant I'm not okay with any of it. In some states, your car is considered an extension of your home and as such falls under the Castle doctrine. Last time I checked, in Texas keeping a concealed firearm in your vehicle was legal. Now I will grant you that leaving a gun in your car and leaving your car in long or short term parking at the airport isn't the brightest thing you can do, but I imagine that it happens. When these uneducated (come on, they're parking lot attendants), untrained (come on, a few instructions from the TSA doesn't constitute training), underpaid (come on, they park cars for a living) monkeys (come on, that's not a racial slur in this instance, I have no idea what color they are) find a gun, what do they do? I'm sorry, but would you let the Dominos guy search your house on behalf of an official governmental agency? Without a warrant? Without cause? And yes, it's the same thing.

There is no reason anyone should happily accept this sort of thing. Overall, the TSA has been a bust, a waste of money, and an inconvenience to travelers nationwide. In fifteen years has there been a single instance where any of these searches prevented or turned up anything? Christ, what makes any of you advocates for this bullshit think the government, the very same government that couldn't stop Ft Hood, San Bernardino, or Florida (after having the guy on a list and interviewing him three times), using PARKING ATTENDANTS, is going to stop a damn thing? Is the violation of your rights really worth it?

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Wow, you said what I've been thinking all day. I wouldn't care if they had dogs trained to sniff for explosives walking through parking, drop off areas, etc.

hjmick
08-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Wow, you said what I've been thinking all day. I wouldn't care if they had dogs trained to sniff for explosives walking through parking, drop off areas, etc.

With dogs, there's no reason to break in and search, AND THE DOGS ARE TRAINED!

revelarts
08-19-2016, 09:15 PM
With dogs, there's no reason to break in and search, AND THE DOGS ARE TRAINED!

mice/rats are even better than dogs. plus no radiation or touching.

...AFP (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jpc6PkoHQMzkju1v-VlWvMroq9GQ?docId=CNG.7adec2770c7f7394c154e8dbcc95 e0ec.591) reports that BioExplorers, a firm based in the town of Herzliya, on the country’s central coast, are using mice’s keen sense of smell to detect drugs, explosives and other suspect items at docks, border crossings and airports. A traveler enters a booth, where he is hit with a draft of air that is sucked into an opaque enclosure housing eight mice. Within eight seconds, rodents sniff the air for potentially hazardous materials; a cleared individual can leave the area upon seeing a green light. If the tiny agents smell any suspicious scents, however, they send off an alert by congregating in a different compartment...

Sniffer mice are being trained in Israel to detect explosives at airports (http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/sniffer-mice-are-being-trained-in-israel-to-detect-explosives-at-airports-10318433.html)www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/sniffer-...Proxy (https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/proxy2?ep=58524a2b666945435753734b5777494348554243 58466b3856536f42516d554b4c785146484856304343497849 317059626742654342526546553849567a78594a6856436378 386c47304565626e49576668594363586c6a4831345054446b 696253356a4669495a4d3251584e6e354346695566557a4d51 44577458554452515878384642525562546834744244354f52 5377634f414a544443396c56434133494242594b6b4a454468 414842556c48584334444f5146554b45426e52775541504841 4b49445570416b7733416c514f41675935556752514b424168 526c737344546f6151674d766452736b505842615569494258 68675a5577745645554579486974644233345150675a544853 3839535755314f55394d49414e514168385156687758414473 664a555a624c4130364655495a645863664958346753307731 4131315751564d4c565246424c6b346f4355522b4348636556 786b344a556b43665839354758637251427747577739504256 517146696345557a594a5a42564d517a3172583345654f5531 644d776862546b4d7a43455157516e63534a7751624f526b38 48304149625449384d44596b57566f6748786f474742594444 4142445031347242563832476d6343555177686268386e6453 52524553776552516f55475574564468772b466a3046565378 514c7735544153647a457a553950684a644d55425741674d46 43564d56516e644365564d4859456c3552513046504730575a 533070586b676b5541384a52684d4547564d436245422b5667 383653533855514168384e526833615374644258494955314e 4155785252446b4a6e516d385552575577486963514942785a 537777634c673978424567454c315247496763535157644763 5149454f30567a456b495063445244637a7430427768795641 4d495342526645674d45593059764268412b447a704c456b73 3463776c2b61513d3d&epile=4q6n41784r6n41344q6n41774q6p38354q5335725n58 6o3q&edata=c4e642df4106622383343ef240b303b1&ek=504870445745302s504556744r327478645759685954466 163306p674r6p6839536r596n6255673q&ekdata=d5bb61affa090e814397eb1326d4091a) Highlight (https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/highlight.pl?l=english&c=hf&cat=web&q=trained+mice+sniff+out+bombs&rl=NONE&rid=LDLORLQPSROK445HWSISU&hlq=https://www.startpage.com/do/search&mtabp=-1&mtcmd=process_search&mtlanguage=english&mthmb=1&mtpg=3&mtengine0=v1all&mtcat=web&mtnj=0&mtt=air&u=http:%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Ftravel%2Fnews-and-advice%2Fsniffer-mice-are-being-trained-in-israel-to-detect-explosives-at-airports-10318433.html&mtrq=trained+mice+sniff+out+bombs)Jun 13, 2015 ... As the cat-and-mouse tussle with terrorists intensifies, rodents could be enlisted to keep the skies safe. An Israeli security firm claims that mice ...
'Sniffer Mice' trained to find explosives could replace dogs as ... (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2232249/Sniffer-Mice-trained-explosives-replace-dogs-security-guards-working-animals-choice.html)www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2232249/Sniff...Proxy (https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/proxy2?ep=58524a2b666945435753734b5777494348554243 58466b3856536f42516d554b4c785146484856304343497849 317059626742654342526546553849567a78594a6856436378 386c47304565626e49576668594363586c6a4831345054446b 696253356a4669495a4d3251584e6e354346695566557a4d51 44577458554452515878384642525562546834744244354f52 5377634f414a544443396c56434133494242594b6b4a454468 414842556c48584334444f5146554b45426e52775541504841 4b49445570416b7733416c514f41675935556752514b424168 526c737344546f6151674d766452736b505842615569494258 68675a5577745645554579486974644233345150675a544853 3839535755314f55394d49414e514168385156687758414473 664a555a624c4130364655495a645863664958346753307731 4131315751564d4c565246424c6b346f4355522b4348636556 786b344a556b4366583935475863725142774757774a414346 306a4869674a576e59654a566857426d3079504441374a4670 534a6768444468496451784d6e5543674849414e6150564234 52424266656a52445a6d6f4c624649734331454f4131677253 414a5564776337415638324743356252685534624255774d54 7461543267665568736446415645544655314644704e525430 655077524b4754457448545935503174506142705947526f63 43455a4d554451614a4146614b314170486b77454b3256554b 79776755786f77435659664545685746315a585045596f5567 527554537842516738725a5274324f58734f586e554f416767 55455659585652636f41795954433270625067556549427852 5351344d4641357a415134484a6a425156575645416835564f 68414c6255556f5245425663575162495742354267776d5641 3966526b7853516c6851593041725651397447797851525238 345055746c4b44354d4158513d&epile=4q6n41784r6n41344q6n41774q6p38354q5335725n58 6o3q&edata=0c036e56fa028b5985fe798b4d27f6ec&ek=504870445745302s504556744r327478645759685954466 163306p674r6p6839536r596n6255673q&ekdata=d4243b7047b1216489a7f8bfdc070f2a) Highlight (https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/highlight.pl?l=english&c=hf&cat=web&q=trained+mice+sniff+out+bombs&rl=NONE&rid=LDLORLQPSROK445HWSISU&hlq=https://www.startpage.com/do/search&mtabp=-1&mtcmd=process_search&mtlanguage=english&mthmb=1&mtpg=3&mtengine0=v1all&mtcat=web&mtnj=0&mtt=air&u=http:%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fsciencetech%2Fa rticle-2232249%2FSniffer-Mice-trained-explosives-replace-dogs-security-guards-working-animals-choice.html&mtrq=trained+mice+sniff+out+bombs)Nov 13, 2012 ... An Israeli security company has trained the rodents to alert guards when they detect explosives, drugs or other contraband.
'Sniffer Mice' Used To Detect Bombs And Drugs - Sky News (http://news.sky.com/story/sniffer-mice-used-to-detect-bombs-and-drugs-10464165)news.sky.com/story/sniffer-mice-used-to-detect-bombs-...Proxy (https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/proxy2?ep=58524a2b666945435753734b5777494348554243 58466b3856536f42516d554b4c785146484856304343497849 317059626742654342526546553849567a78594a6856436378 386c47304565626e49576668594363586c6a4831345054446b 696253356a4669495a4d3251584e6e354346695566557a4d51 44577458554452515878384642525562546834744244354f52 5377634f414a544443396c56434133494242594b6b4a454468 414842556c48584334444f5146554b45426e52775541504841 4b49445570416b7733416c514f41675935556752514b424168 526c737344546f6151674d766452736b505842615569494258 68675a5577745645554579486974644233345150675a544853 3839535755314f55394d49414e514168385156687758414473 664a555a624c4130364655495a645863664958346753307731 4131315751564d4c565246424c6b346f4355522b4348636556 786b344a556b43665839354758637257513447426b6853436b 68304543594e45326f374f514a4d487a456c5341557249315a 6149776846526877634255524d52436b574c5531434e314175 453163494b335258495463675855396f44466b505842455556 415a4364304a35564142735448784442526773595134695a58 78624333466556467845525656434141567351693952424474 494c304556446e413154434a766651734c5978394842414a49 56516356516d632b4854454646536b54523277704b7a413341 6e312b65786c324b5245594155685447514d444f5574774246 633652583550457735784f45353059586c634253525542416c 4554464e484278633841546c644233344e4f51556558413d3d&epile=4q6n41784r6n41344q6n41774q6p38354q5335725n58 6o3q&edata=61facace949b738cfbed4884d0030483&ek=504870445745302s504556744r327478645759685954466 163306p674r6p6839536r596n6255673q&ekdata=6598340ece65f795ad8a46375ac9768c) Highlight (https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/highlight.pl?l=english&c=hf&cat=web&q=trained+mice+sniff+out+bombs&rl=NONE&rid=LDLORLQPSROK445HWSISU&hlq=https://www.startpage.com/do/search&mtabp=-1&mtcmd=process_search&mtlanguage=english&mthmb=1&mtpg=3&mtengine0=v1all&mtcat=web&mtnj=0&mtt=air&u=http:%2F%2Fnews.sky.com%2Fstory%2Fsniffer-mice-used-to-detect-bombs-and-drugs-10464165&mtrq=trained+mice+sniff+out+bombs)Jul 6, 2016 ... Forget about sniffer dogs - if an Israeli firm has its way mice will be at ... Teams of highly trained mice could be used to sniff out explosives and ...
In Cambodia, Rats Are Being Trained To Sniff Out Land Mines And ... (http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/07/31/427112786/in-cambodia-rats-are-being-trained-to-sniff-out-land-mines-and-save-lives)www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/07/31/427112786/i...Proxy (https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/proxy2?ep=58524a2b666945435753734b5777494348554243 58466b3856536f42516d554b4c785146484856304343497849 317059626742654342526546553849567a78594a6856436378 386c47304565626e49576668594363586c6a4831345054446b 696253356a4669495a4d3251584e6e354346695566557a4d51 44577458554452515878384642525562546834744244354f52 5377634f414a544443396c56434133494242594b6b4a454468 414842556c48584334444f5146554b45426e52775541504841 4b49445570416b7733416c514f41675935556752514b424168 526c737344546f6151674d766452736b505842615569494258 68675a5577745645554579486974644233345150675a544853 3839535755314f55394d49414e514168385156687758414473 664a555a624c4130364655495a645863664958346753307731 4131315751564d4c565246424c6b346f4355522b4348636556 786b344a556b43665839354758637251427747577768524578 3831415335464242344f4c7856584243647543575a71433039 644e7778624278515a465152546432684465465554616a7436 51515a66446a4e4c5a6d6f4c4377357958415a5a526b315142 464e334d78316b41316331487955535367786c636873334b32 426554694241565134594777454d46554d3747696346556e55 4a4a5674514179466d484734334f4573524b51785a44317759 44303845516e63534a7751624b78773845773442495859664d 483434573130784441706152554a6546775658626864395641 633953584e45453138715a6b4a785953746543333162425670 485245425445563470546e31475169744142794a7958675655 493349584356774d4343775357445651565756485169704f66 466855616835795430634d4b6a684f656d6775426752785767 3566456b774847464a5462307038426c422b477a6747486c78 7563416b775a58773d&epile=4q6n41784r6n41344q6n41774q6p38354q5335725n58 6o3q&edata=975c95019b29b5eb72b17a5dd1c2f736&ek=504870445745302s504556744r327478645759685954466 163306p674r6p6839536r596n6255673q&ekdata=ba1c0d2ce57f756e8d5a1333e5ce54b3) Highlight (https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/highlight.pl?l=english&c=hf&cat=web&q=trained+mice+sniff+out+bombs&rl=NONE&rid=LDLORLQPSROK445HWSISU&hlq=https://www.startpage.com/do/search&mtabp=-1&mtcmd=process_search&mtlanguage=english&mthmb=1&mtpg=3&mtengine0=v1all&mtcat=web&mtnj=0&mtt=air&u=http:%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2Fsections%2Fparallels%2F 2015%2F07%2F31%2F427112786%2Fin-cambodia-rats-are-being-trained-to-sniff-out-land-mines-and-save-lives&mtrq=trained+mice+sniff+out+bombs)Jul 31, 2015 ... But their sense of smell is extraordinary. The rats can detect the presence of TNT in amounts starting at 29 grams (about 1 ounce). After a few ...Sniffer mice have a nose for explosives | New Scientist (https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20927985-700-sniffer-mice-have-a-nose-for-explosives/)https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20927985-700-s...Proxy (https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/proxy2?ep=58524a2b666945435753734b5777494348554243 58466b3856536f42516d554b4c785146484856304343497849 317059626742654342526546553849567a78594a6856436378 386c47304565626e49576668594363586c6a4831345054446b 696253356a4669495a4d3251584e6e354346695566557a4d51 44577458554452515878384642525562546834744244354f52 5377634f414a544443396c56434133494242594b6b4a454468 414842556c48584334444f5146554b45426e52775541504841 4b49445570416b7733416c514f41675935556752514b424168 526c737344546f6151674d766452736b505842615569494258 68675a5577745645554579486974644233345150675a544853 3839535755314f55394d49414e514168385156687758414473 664a555a624c4130364655495a645863664958346753307731 4131315751564d4c565246424c6b346f4355522b4348636556 786b34633139774757674e656d426663527747416b68504245 597045434146574377554f51494e44696474583345654c4531 494c413562446c5248494577474132704b653163505945686e 51524e645a584d554b6a3472576b356f414634494646674f51 42645564784a6b446c6b72474763515442396c5a51497a4e43 4a4d56544d49524535444d30425542564175456e5259416d46 4e4c6b64475833426d537949376456344563313553576b6757 41454255554438534c31565159467334426b7765645456634e 797477636d6755586e6f2f4b4551705a514942467a4a735533 4a3954673551554231314e554968616934484253454d56564e 4654465a4357416c7552484255565745636330564257484531 4843562b4b30314d65467752477749475778413d&epile=4q6n41784r6n41344q6n41774q6p38354q5335725n58 6o3q&edata=1cbf9612303a3aae210d2e012afa7b76&ek=504870445745302s504556744r327478645759685954466 163306p674r6p6839536r596n6255673q&ekdata=a4dc361d6e88afdbc7716177f353b83a) Highlight (https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/highlight.pl?l=english&c=hf&cat=web&q=trained+mice+sniff+out+bombs&rl=NONE&rid=LDLORLQPSROK445HWSISU&hlq=https://www.startpage.com/do/search&mtabp=-1&mtcmd=process_search&mtlanguage=english&mthmb=1&mtpg=3&mtengine0=v1all&mtcat=web&mtnj=0&mtt=air&u=https:%2F%2Fwww.newscientist.com%2Farticle%2Fmg2 0927985-700-sniffer-mice-have-a-nose-for-explosives%2F&mtrq=trained+mice+sniff+out+bombs)Feb 2, 2011 ... Crack teams of mice housed in walk-through scanners are being trained to detect would-be bombers.
The TSA's 95 Percent Failure Rate | True News

Published on Jun 3, 2015
Recently, the Department of Homeland Security decided to test the effectiveness of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) by conducting a series of undercover tests. The results were quite shocking.
Investigators were able to smuggle mock explosive and banned weapons in 67 out of 70 attempts. That's a failure rate of 95 percent!
In one of the tests, for example, an investigator with a fake bomb attached to his back set off an alarm but was allowed to pass through after a pat-down. What if this wasn't a test?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38IetwrqijE

Gunny
08-19-2016, 09:31 PM
From the OP:

Benjamin Franklin.