PDA

View Full Version : It's Time For The Pumpkin Patch!

Kathianne
08-19-2016, 10:45 PM
We went down to the 80's today, fall is in the air!

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14039942_1279286935435450_1256916429529441764_n.jp g?oh=f19e8c5588f2b5c2253ce85ed39f05f8&oe=5850286B

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Ingredients

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups pumpkin puree (or a 15 oz can will work fine)
1¼ cups vegetable oil
½ cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons flour
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces

To prepare the filling, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium bowl and mix well until blended and smooth. Transfer the mixture to a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a log about 1½-inches in diameter.
Smooth the plastic wrap tightly around the log, and reinforce with a piece of foil. Transfer to the freezer and chill until at least slightly firm, at least 2 hours. The mixture will still be somewhat soft but firmer.
To make the muffins, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with paper liners.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda; whisk to blend.
In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil. Mix on medium-low speed until blended. With the mixer on low speed, add in the dry ingredients, mixing just until incorporated.
To make the topping, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Add in the butter pieces and cut into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or two forks until the mixture is coarse and crumbly.
To assemble the muffins, fill each muffin well with a small amount of batter, just enough to cover the bottom of the liner (1-2 tablespoons). Slice the log of cream cheese filling into 24 equal pieces. (My batch made 28 muffins for some reason.) Place a slice of the cream cheese mixture into each muffin well.
You want to put the cream cheese lower than you think because it will rise a lot during the baking process. Divide the remaining batter among the muffin cups, placing on top of the cream cheese to cover completely. Sprinkle a small amount of the topping mixture over each of the muffin wells.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before serving.

sundaydriver
08-20-2016, 05:50 AM
Yup, before too long it will be time to head to the local orchard for pick your own apples. Me, I like Pumpkin roll also too. With the heat & humidity the last few weeks it has been hard to imagine fall is closing in but early yesterday morning while eating breakfast on the deck there was a nice breeze blowing and we were struck by the number of falling leaves. As much as we were enjoying the early summer morning we were presented by a sign of the coming fall which we both love. A few seconds later I pictured the next change of all the trees bare again and all the greenery gone and winter will be here again. Suddenly I was depressed and not enjoying the moment as much as I had been. Bummer!

Kathianne
08-20-2016, 07:07 AM
Yup, before too long it will be time to head to the local orchard for pick your own apples. Me, I like Pumpkin roll also too. With the heat & humidity the last few weeks it has been hard to imagine fall is closing in but early yesterday morning while eating breakfast on the deck there was a nice breeze blowing and we were struck by the number of falling leaves. As much as we were enjoying the early summer morning we were presented by a sign of the coming fall which we both love. A few seconds later I pictured the next change of all the trees bare again and all the greenery gone and winter will be here again. Suddenly I was depressed and not enjoying the moment as much as I had been. Bummer!

I miss the change in colors of the Fall. This year though, the monsoons have been quite strong and we are currently experiencing a 'second Spring.' There's a riot of color happening in the desert right now!