PDA

View Full Version : Krauthammer: What Obama Has Wrought

Kathianne
08-20-2016, 08:08 AM
and all candidates look to want to carry on. He called it 'leading from behind.' One can assume Hillary would want to do the same, (though there's a record that says she might well act differently), she certainly did so as SoS. Trump and all 3rd party candidates seem to be of the same mindset. How is it working? What will we see with that as foreign policy in the future?

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/charles-krauthammer-price-obama-detachment-article-1.2757122

The price of Obama’s detachment: Powerlessness has its consequences, from Russia to Iran to Iraq and Syria

This week Russian bombers flew out of Iranian air bases to attack rebel positions in Syria. The State Department pretended not to be surprised. It should be. It should be alarmed. Iran's intensely nationalistic revolutionary regime had never permitted foreign forces to operate from its soil. Until now.

The reordering of the Middle East is proceeding apace. Where for 40 years the U.S.-Egypt alliance anchored the region, a Russia-Iran condominium is now dictating events. That’s what you get after eight years of U.S. retrenchment and withdrawal. That’s what results from the nuclear deal with Iran, the evacuation of Iraq and utter U.S. immobility on Syria. Consider:

DLT
08-20-2016, 09:42 AM
and all candidates look to want to carry on. He called it 'leading from behind.' One can assume Hillary would want to do the same, (though there's a record that says she might well act differently), she certainly did so as SoS. Trump and all 3rd party candidates seem to be of the same mindset. How is it working? What will we see with that as foreign policy in the future?

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/charles-krauthammer-price-obama-detachment-article-1.2757122

The ever-increasing cozy relationship between Russia and Iran prove that leading from behind only gets you left behind....in a pile of ashes, probably radioactive. And with Iran nuking up, that timetable is being speeded up in our lifetime.

I just don't see a bright future ahead for America now. And to think....about nine years ago, I actually wondered why my generation had had it "so good". What made us so special? Why had we been so lucky, unlike our parents? No major wars....discounting Viet Nam as being a major war, much less a successfully won one. No real suffering, famine, death, disasters, etc. The voice inside had to chime in ....in response....

"it's because of what's going to happen".

Swell.

Kathianne
08-20-2016, 09:53 AM
The ever-increasing cozy relationship between Russia and Iran prove that leading from behind only gets you left behind....in a pile of ashes, probably radioactive. And with Iran nuking up, that timetable is being speeded up in our lifetime.

I just don't see a bright future ahead for America now. And to think....about nine years ago, I actually wondered why my generation had had it "so good". What made us so special? Why had we been so lucky, unlike our parents? No major wars....discounting Viet Nam as being a major war, much less a successfully won one. No real suffering, famine, death, disasters, etc. The voice inside had to chime in ....in response....

"it's because of what's going to happen".

Swell.

Yep, that's what's happening as easily put forward in the article.