PDA

View Full Version : Trump to African Americans: 'What Do You Have to Lose?'

jimnyc
08-20-2016, 09:25 AM
I have to wonder, Trump/Clinton aside, just why is there a mammoth lead for Hillary, and always has been massive leads for the Democrats? Each year, each election season, we read about how pretty much nothing has been done for the black community. The homeless is the same. The job market is the same or worse. The communities themselves are in disrepair. Pretty much all of the complaints going into election year - now a whole helluva lot of improvement, if any at all, and much is worse. So what is it?

What is it that has the black community voting (D) year after year? Promises? I honestly don't get it.

For example, if someone is a huge business man of some sort, and the affiliation they prefer is making changes over and over that helps said business, I can fully understand why one continues to go in that direction. I'm assuming there must be a good reason and/or reasonS. I did a little search prior to posting this and am still lost as to why. I really don't want to pick out an article out of TONS, as if I pick the wrong one, it may come off as me being racist, which is NOT why I'm asking this. I ask as it's obviously a large bloc of voters. Also, because of Trump's recent "appeal" to the black community. At least he seems honest about it to me, whereas someone like Hillary magically finds a black accent of course when she needs it. :rolleyes:

-----

Donald Trump made his most direct appeal to African Americans on Friday, asking "What do you have to lose?" while slamming longstanding Democratic policies that have destroyed inner cities and sent manufacturing jobs to Mexico and other countries.

"We cannot fix our problems by relying on the same politicians who created our problems in the first place," Trump told a rally in Dimondale, Mich., a suburb of Lansing in the southwestern part of the state. "A new future requires brand-new leadership.

"Look how much African-American communities have suffered under Democratic control," he continued in his appeal to the party's longtime base. "To those I say the following: What do you have to lose by trying something new, like Trump? What do you have to lose?

"You're living in poverty. Your schools are no good. You have no jobs. Fifty-eight percent of your youth is unemployed.

"What the hell do you have to lose?" Trump asked before predicting, "at the end of four years, I guarantee you that I will get over 95 percent of the African-American vote — because I will produce.

"I will produce for the inner cities and I will produce for the African-Americans.

"One thing we know for sure is if you keep voting for the same people, you will keep getting the same — exactly the same result," Trump said.

"Hillary Clinton is a throwback to an ugly past where politicians preyed on our poorer citizens while selling them out for personal gain."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/donald-trump-african-american-black-voters/2016/08/19/id/744393/

Abbey Marie
08-20-2016, 09:35 AM
To see what Dems can do for the black community, just take a gander at Detroit. As to why they don't see the connection, I guess they believe the lies more than the evidence right in front of them.

jimnyc
08-20-2016, 09:38 AM
To see what Dems can do for the black community, just take a gander at Detroit. As to why they don't see the connection, I guess they believe the lies more than the evidence right in front of them.

Most of us know the 'answer', if you want to call it that. They aren't getting ANYTHING more from Democrats at all. I honestly don't know if (R) leaders can do better, and I doubt it. Someone needs to stand up and stand in for places like that and fix the damn issues. Also, the folks in the community need to stand up. We hear SO much around the nation and literally unrest in many places, but then don't hear a ton about Detroit and Chicago. Just like quitting smoking, one has to WANT to do so before it will happen.

Noir
08-20-2016, 11:23 AM
I dunno about the folks he's hoping this message will reach - but to me 'what have you got to lose' isn't particularly inspiring...

Elessar
08-20-2016, 11:38 AM
I dunno about the folks he's hoping this message will reach - but to me 'what have you got to lose' isn't particularly inspiring...

Maybe not 'inspiring', but perhaps blunt, direct, and attention getting.

jimnyc
08-20-2016, 11:50 AM

Not sure inspiring is what is needed. Watch the political commercials over the past few decades. There have been plenty of inspiring commercials dedicated to the black community, and that's exactly my point - what have they received for hearing those messages and then voting for those folks? I don't see much if anything, but am willing to listen. As for Trump, he's delivering the reality. I agree it wasn't "inspiring". But all sounds factual to me, and maybe rather than lying to them, this is what they need? Maybe nothing extravagant, but he's 100% correct, relying on the same thing, over and over, when you're not getting results...

"What do you have to lose?"
"We cannot fix our problems by relying on the same politicians who created our problems in the first place,"
"A new future requires brand-new leadership. "Look how much African-American communities have suffered under Democratic control,"

"To those I say the following: What do you have to lose by trying something new, like Trump? What do you have to lose? "You're living in poverty. Your schools are no good. You have no jobs. Fifty-eight percent of your youth is unemployed.
"What the hell do you have to lose?"

"at the end of four years, I guarantee you that I will get over 95 percent of the African-American vote — because I will produce. "I will produce for the inner cities and I will produce for the African-Americans.
"One thing we know for sure is if you keep voting for the same people, you will keep getting the same — exactly the same result,"