PDA

View Full Version : Diaz Vs. McGregor

jimnyc
08-20-2016, 10:43 AM
The UFC rematch is tonight, the headline event. Anyone tuning in? And no, I'm not paying that amount of money, but I'm still gonna watch it live. :thumb:

aboutime
08-20-2016, 07:44 PM
Guess I'll have to wait till later in the week to see it. But I think Diaz may just win again. McGregor had to put on more weight (I think), and that might slow him down. Diaz is taller. Either way. It should be a good one. Let us know here...if you can Jim. Okay? Enjoy.

Gunny
08-20-2016, 07:49 PM
The UFC rematch is tonight, the headline event. Anyone tuning in? And no, I'm not paying that amount of money, but I'm still gonna watch it live. :thumb:

How do you watch it live without paying? I'm totally in the McGregor camp, BTW.

You know these guys are half our size, right?

jimnyc
08-21-2016, 09:25 AM
Guess I'll have to wait till later in the week to see it. But I think Diaz may just win again. McGregor had to put on more weight (I think), and that might slow him down. Diaz is taller. Either way. It should be a good one. Let us know here...if you can Jim. Okay? Enjoy.

Shit, I should have watched it from this computer. :) McGregor took this one in a split decision, but now, instead of him coming up to 170 as he did, he wants Diaz to come down to 155 for the 3rd and final fight! Diaz seems to think he was robbed and he won the fight, but the decision was correct, McGregor earned this one.

How do you watch it live without paying? I'm totally in the McGregor camp, BTW.

You know these guys are half our size, right?

There are a few websites I know of where you can stream it. :) The video is smaller, and the quality isn't exactly HD, but it's much cheaper!! :thumb:

And yep, they're anywhere from 145-170 in this range, but would still kick my fat ass!! :laugh:

Gunny
08-21-2016, 12:19 PM
Shit, I should have watched it from this computer. :) McGregor took this one in a split decision, but now, instead of him coming up to 170 as he did, he wants Diaz to come down to 155 for the 3rd and final fight! Diaz seems to think he was robbed and he won the fight, but the decision was correct, McGregor earned this one.

There are a few websites I know of where you can stream it. :) The video is smaller, and the quality isn't exactly HD, but it's much cheaper!! :thumb:

And yep, they're anywhere from 145-170 in this range, but would still kick my fat ass!! :laugh:

Dropping weight is a ploy and a gamble in McGregor's part. These guys are solid muscle. It's hard to drop muscle weight. Most times I've seen it, guys dropping weight get their asses kicked. They are dehydrated and have no energy. McGregor's gambling on Diaz not doing it so he then talk more smack about Diaz.

As far as getting your ass kicked goes ... you play to your strengths and cover your weaknesses. If I get my hands on 155 pounds somebody's going to learn how to fly. I can curl that much weight.

Here's a freebie for you though: stomp on the instep then when they start going down, knee to the head. Their own momentum hurts them more than your power.

aboutime
08-21-2016, 06:44 PM

jim. I was honestly surprised when I heard McGregor won. I thought it would be a repeat of their last fight. But I do get a kick out of Coner, he's really great to watch, win, or lose. Thanks for the update.

Gunny
08-21-2016, 08:55 PM
jim. I was honestly surprised when I heard McGregor won. I thought it would be a repeat of their last fight. But I do get a kick out of Coner, he's really great to watch, win, or lose. Thanks for the update.

McGregor's an act a la Ali. He just pisses people off to get in their heads. Half the game.

One thing I have noted is that losing in MMA doesn't carry the same stigma losing in other sports does. While I can't stand Dana White and his little clone Rogan, the former took a floundering industry/sport and made it something. Rogan's just a fanboy. He should be dumped over the rail.

I don't like it because more than half of any of their shows is hype. I don't care about your mom, sister, or doggie nor your next PPV. Get to fighting. Have the opinion of the Olympics. I tuned into watch sports. I can find a nice sensitive channel if I want your life story.

aboutime
08-21-2016, 09:09 PM
McGregor's an act a la Ali. He just pisses people off to get in their heads. Half the game.

One thing I have noted is that losing in MMA doesn't carry the same stigma losing in other sports does. While I can't stand Dana White and his little clone Rogan, the former took a floundering industry/sport and made it something. Rogan's just a fanboy. He should be dumped over the rail.

I don't like it because more than half of any of their shows is hype. I don't care about your mom, sister, or doggie nor your next PPV. Get to fighting. Have the opinion of the Olympics. I tuned into watch sports. I can find a nice sensitive channel if I want your life story.

Gunny.....you gotta remember. They don't care what YOU think, and HYPE is what makes all of them RICH. All of their talk time is used for bathroom stops, kitchen visits, and checking channels until the FIGHTS begin. Also...WHO is telling you to watch, or listen????:laugh:

Gunny
08-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Gunny.....you gotta remember. They don't care what YOU think, and HYPE is what makes all of them RICH. All of their talk time is used for bathroom stops, kitchen visits, and checking channels until the FIGHTS begin. Also...WHO is telling you to watch, or listen????:laugh:

They should care because it's just like voting. They're not giving me what I want. Charging a fortune so they can try and sell me crap. And I'm an a$$. You annoy me and guess what the LAST thing I'm going to buy is ... that My Pillow guy can write me right off. Wal Mart down the road. Lot's of pillows.

The GF's paying a fortune so we can watch commercials. I won't pay for the crap.

aboutime
08-22-2016, 07:24 PM
They should care because it's just like voting. They're not giving me what I want. Charging a fortune so they can try and sell me crap. And I'm an a$$. You annoy me and guess what the LAST thing I'm going to buy is ... that My Pillow guy can write me right off. Wal Mart down the road. Lot's of pillows.

The GF's paying a fortune so we can watch commercials. I won't pay for the crap.

Only ONE PERSON can force you to watch Gunny. And nobody really cares whether you (as that one person) gives a crap. By the way. I agree about voting. That really doesn't matter either.

Gunny
08-22-2016, 11:47 PM
Only ONE PERSON can force you to watch Gunny. And nobody really cares whether you (as that one person) gives a crap. By the way. I agree about voting. That really doesn't matter either.

Nobody forces me to do crap. But come on, AT, we're close to the same age. I grew up watching that same B&W tube in a cabinet you did, I didn't see color TV until I was 10.

As an individual. no, I don't have an impact. There'd be no Obama if I did. As a team, we can make an impact. Problem is, we're out of our time now. These people now can't even grasp the fact you had a 13 inch B&W and the telephone hanged on the wall in the kitchen.

The voting thing DOES matter because we, as a team, need to stop the destruction of the Constitution.