PDA

View Full Version : Ideological Test in Immigration

jimnyc
08-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Of Course There Should Be an Ideological Test in Immigration

The U.S. Constitution allows barring would-be immigrants who would subvert our Constitution. Imagine an American government official, interviewing an alien seeking admission to our country from, say, Syria: U.S. official: “Will you support the United States Constitution?” Syrian alien: “Well, sure, except that I believe the government should be overseen by a caliph, who must be Muslim and male, and who must rule in accordance with Islamic law, which no man-made law may contradict. None of this ‘We the People’ stuff; Allah is the sovereign. Non-Muslims should not be required to convert to Islam, of course, but they must submit to the authority of Islamic law — which requires them to live in the second-class status of dhimmitude and to pay a poll tax for that privilege.”

“I also believe women must be subservient to men, and that men are permitted to beat their wives if they are disobedient — especially if they refuse sex, in which they must engage on demand. There is no such thing as marital rape, and proving non-marital rape requires testimony from four male witnesses. Outside the home, a woman should cover herself in drab from head to toe. A woman’s testimony in court should be worth only half of a man’s, and her inheritance rights similarly discounted. Men should be able to marry up to four women — women, however, are limited to marrying one man.” “Oh, and Muslims who renounce Islam should be put to death . . . as should homosexuals . . . and blasphemers . . . and adulterers — at least the ones we don’t let off with a mere scourging. The penalty for theft should be amputation of the right hand (for highway robbery, the left foot is also amputated); and for drinking alcohol, the offender is to be scourged with 40 stripes.” “There are a few other odds and ends — you know, jihad and whatnot. But other than that, will I support the Constitution? Sure thing.” U.S. official: “Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on a second. That’s not supporting the Constitution. That would be destroying the Constitution.”

Syrian alien: “Yeah, maybe so. But it’s my religion.” U.S. official: “Oh, your religion. Why didn’t you say so? I thought you were spouting some anti-American political ideology. But as long as you say it’s your religion, no problem. C’mon in!” This conversation is impossible to imagine because . . . it would be honest. In the decades-long onslaught of radical Islam against the United States, honesty went out with the benighted notions that we should “know thine enemy” and, God forbid, train our national-security agents in that enemy’s ideology, methods, and objectives. In our alternative universe, you are not supposed to remember that there is an American constitutional framework of liberty, popular sovereignty, and equality before the law.

You are not supposed to realize that aliens are expected to exhibit fidelity to this constitutional framework as a precondition to joining our society.

You are not supposed to know that there is an Islamic law, sharia, that has far more to do with governance, economics, warfare, civil rights, domestic relations, criminal prosecution, and fashion than it does with spiritual life. And you are absolutely not supposed to grasp that sharia is antithetical to the Constitution, to the very foundational American principle that the people may make law for themselves, live as they see fit, and chart their own destiny.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439203/immigration-religious-freedom-islamic-sharia-supremacists-can-be-denied-admission

Gunny
08-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Of Course There Should Be an Ideological Test in Immigration

The U.S. Constitution allows barring would-be immigrants who would subvert our Constitution. Imagine an American government official, interviewing an alien seeking admission to our country from, say, Syria: U.S. official: “Will you support the United States Constitution?” Syrian alien: “Well, sure, except that I believe the government should be overseen by a caliph, who must be Muslim and male, and who must rule in accordance with Islamic law, which no man-made law may contradict. None of this ‘We the People’ stuff; Allah is the sovereign. Non-Muslims should not be required to convert to Islam, of course, but they must submit to the authority of Islamic law — which requires them to live in the second-class status of dhimmitude and to pay a poll tax for that privilege.”

“I also believe women must be subservient to men, and that men are permitted to beat their wives if they are disobedient — especially if they refuse sex, in which they must engage on demand. There is no such thing as marital rape, and proving non-marital rape requires testimony from four male witnesses. Outside the home, a woman should cover herself in drab from head to toe. A woman’s testimony in court should be worth only half of a man’s, and her inheritance rights similarly discounted. Men should be able to marry up to four women — women, however, are limited to marrying one man.” “Oh, and Muslims who renounce Islam should be put to death . . . as should homosexuals . . . and blasphemers . . . and adulterers — at least the ones we don’t let off with a mere scourging. The penalty for theft should be amputation of the right hand (for highway robbery, the left foot is also amputated); and for drinking alcohol, the offender is to be scourged with 40 stripes.” “There are a few other odds and ends — you know, jihad and whatnot. But other than that, will I support the Constitution? Sure thing.” U.S. official: “Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on a second. That’s not supporting the Constitution. That would be destroying the Constitution.”

Syrian alien: “Yeah, maybe so. But it’s my religion.” U.S. official: “Oh, your religion. Why didn’t you say so? I thought you were spouting some anti-American political ideology. But as long as you say it’s your religion, no problem. C’mon in!” This conversation is impossible to imagine because . . . it would be honest. In the decades-long onslaught of radical Islam against the United States, honesty went out with the benighted notions that we should “know thine enemy” and, God forbid, train our national-security agents in that enemy’s ideology, methods, and objectives. In our alternative universe, you are not supposed to remember that there is an American constitutional framework of liberty, popular sovereignty, and equality before the law.

You are not supposed to realize that aliens are expected to exhibit fidelity to this constitutional framework as a precondition to joining our society.

You are not supposed to know that there is an Islamic law, sharia, that has far more to do with governance, economics, warfare, civil rights, domestic relations, criminal prosecution, and fashion than it does with spiritual life. And you are absolutely not supposed to grasp that sharia is antithetical to the Constitution, to the very foundational American principle that the people may make law for themselves, live as they see fit, and chart their own destiny.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439203/immigration-religious-freedom-islamic-sharia-supremacists-can-be-denied-admission

There should be an ideological test in voting. Hell, there should be an IQ test before that. If you do not believe in the US Constitution you do NOT pass go. No $200. Go directly to get the f- out.

jimnyc
08-21-2016, 02:01 PM
There should be an ideological test in voting. Hell, there should be an IQ test before that. If you do not believe in the US Constitution you do NOT pass go. No $200. Go directly to get the f- out.

AND AND AND of course a damn picture ID to prove who one is. One needs a damn ID to do EVERYTHING in this nation, but when it comes to one of the most important things of all, sure, just ignore it and let whoever walks in take a vote. :rolleyes: I don't give a crap if right, left or where - folks should need to prove who they are and where they are from. It's just damn common sense, unless you're a (D) of course.

Gunny
08-21-2016, 02:14 PM
AND AND AND of course a damn picture ID to prove who one is. One needs a damn ID to do EVERYTHING in this nation, but when it comes to one of the most important things of all, sure, just ignore it and let whoever walks in take a vote. :rolleyes: I don't give a crap if right, left or where - folks should need to prove who they are and where they are from. It's just damn common sense, unless you're a (D) of course.

I kind of have a different take insofar as this ID BS goes. I've had a military ID since I was 10. I lost it once and my father impressed my backside I would NOT lose it again. So carrying an ID means nothing to me.

Seems to me the only people crying about it is the left because they want a bunch of illegal votes. They already got the stupid legal people.

This is more about ideology. If you don't like our Constitution? Leave or don't come. If you aren't smart enough to understand the intent of the Constitution? Leave or don't come.

Reminds me of the Eagles song "The Last Resort". Once you call a place paradise, kiss it goodbye.