PDA

View Full Version : First Lady Contender Elizabeth Edwards Gives Up Tangerines To Combat Global Warming 2

red states rule
07-25-2007, 02:41 PM
The wife of Pretty Boy Edwards is going to her part to fight "global warming"

Libs make such huge sacrifices for the planet and mankinf (sniff)

First Lady Contender Elizabeth Edwards Gives Up Tangerines To Combat Global Warming

The politics of global warming got very concrete, and oddly difficult, In a meeting with local environmentalists in the coastal town of McClellanville today, where Elizabeth Edwards raised in passing the importance of relying on locally-grown fruit.

"We've been moving back to 'buy local,'" Mrs. Edwards said, outlining a trade policy that "acknowledges the carbon footprint" of transporting fruit.

"I live in North Carolina. I'll probably never eat a tangerine again," she said, speaking of a time when the fruit is reaches the price that it "needs" to be.

Edwards had talked about "sacrifice," at the meeting, but Elizabeth's suggestion illustrated just how difficult it is to sell the specifics of sacrifice.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/twitterings/175421.html

red states rule
07-25-2007, 02:45 PM
The politics of global warming got very concrete, and oddly difficult, in a meeting with local environmentalists in the coastal town of McClellanville today, where Elizabeth Edwards raised in passing the importance of relying on locally-grown fruit.

"We've been moving back to 'buy local,'" Mrs. Edwards said, outlining a trade policy that "acknowledges the carbon footprint" of transporting fruit.

"I live in North Carolina. I'll probably never eat a tangerine again," she said, speaking of a time when the fruit is reaches the price that it "needs" to be.

Edwards had talked about "sacrifice," at the meeting, but Elizabeth's suggestion illustrated just how difficult it is to sell the specifics of sacrifice.

Asked about her comment immediately after the event, John Edwards avoided the question twice, then said he isn't sure.

"Would I add to the price of food?" he asked. "I'd have to think about that."

UPDATE: Just to be clear, he's not talking about a food tax. The basic point is that any plan that imposes new costs on carbon emissions is going to make anything that's transported long distances with fossil fuels cost more. It is, in a way, a moment of clarity in this debate.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0707/No_tangerines_for_you.html

Yurt
07-25-2007, 08:26 PM
if she stopped breathing....

red states rule
07-26-2007, 03:56 AM
Time to start buying tangerines

red states rule
07-28-2007, 09:34 AM
a liberal POV

What Evil Lurks in the Fruit Stands of Men?
"OH MY GODDESS, LARRY, GET RID OF THEM!!! GET RID OF THEM NOW!!!!!!!!"

I threw down the reciever, dashed into the kitchen, and frantically stuffed every last tangerine I owned down the garbage disposal.

How long had these evil things been in my possession? How long had they sat there on my dining room table, mocking me from their cozy little basket of hate? Days? Months? There's no way to know for sure, as I've been pretty much stoned out of my gourd since the Live Earth show. Luckily, Mother came down from her glaucoma medication long enough to call me about Elizabeth Edwards' courageous sacrifice, or else my tangerines could have damaged the climate beyond even Duran Duran's power to repair.

I have lived a proudly Vegan lifestyle for years, confident that my dietary habits were changing the Earth's weather patterns for the better. Little did I know it was actually for the worse. Every fruit or vegetable I've ever consumed that wasn't grown locally has done as much to contribute to global warming as the fleet of SUVs that carted it to my dinner table. But for now on, I would avoid imported produce and eat only fruit harvested from one of our many downtown Seattle orchards.

Yes, I've said if before and I'll say it again: Elizabeth Edwards opened my eyes and saved me from myself. But how many others are there out there who continue to eat produce grown outside of their immediate vicinity? Count my My right-wing neocon grandmother amongst them, for certain. It's been years since I've been permitted to come within a 500' radius of her house, but I seem to recall that she always put a big bowl of fruit out, totally oblivious to what she was doing to the polar ice caps. As her loving Grandson, I knew it was my duty to put a stop to the crazy old bat before she whipped up a fruit salad and killed every last human being on the planet. And as my Grandmother, she'd have no choice but to listen attentively and in complete awe of my wisdom.

"It's wax fruit, you dumbshit!" the fascist chickenhawk's crackling geezer voice wheezed out of the phone at me moments after the made the call.

"Oh really?" I asked, as if anticipating her response. "And exactly where does this "wax" come from?"

"Bees," she replied.

"And where do bees come from?"

There was an awkward pause, as if her puny Repuke brain was waiting for Rush Limbaugh to provide it

with an answer; but receiving none, decided instead to evade the question with a snide remark.

"Didn't Obama have this conversation with you in kindergarten?" she quipped.

"Bees come from hives," I informed her, ignoring her sarcasm. "Beehives can be found on trees. And do you know what else grows on trees?"

"Gosh," she answered with a yawn. "It's fruit, isn't it?"

"AHAAAAA!"

I had her! You have to back them into a corner, but pure, righteous, progressive logic never fails to put these stupid cons in their place every time.

"And who picks the fruit?" Grandma asked, unable to accept that she had been beaten by the best.

"Excuse me?"

"Who are you dimwits going to put out of work if everyone stops buying fruit?" she persisted.

"STOP LISTENING TO RUSH LIMBAUGH AND GO TO COLLEGE!!!!" I screeched at the top of my lungs and slammed the phone back into its cradle.

You simply can't educate these cons. However, the old bag of gas had unwittingly confirmed something that I has suspected about Mrs.Edwards ever since the 2004 elections, when she'd always seem to conveniently materialize out of thin air just in time to pry her husband and Senator Kerry apart with a crowbar: Elizabeth Edwards is a Republican operative, hired by the Bush junta to put undocumented migrant farm workers out of business.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/

glockmail
07-28-2007, 10:54 AM
if she stopped breathing.... It won't be long with her form of cancer. Then there's those decompostion gasses to worry about.

red states rule
07-28-2007, 10:55 AM
It won't be long with her form of cancer. Then there's those decompostion gasses to worry about.

Thats cold Glock

glockmail
07-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Thats cold Glock Why is that cold? Its plain simple facts. The poor woman is terminal. What's cold is Pretty Boy using her for his campaign.

07-28-2007, 06:44 PM
tangerines? Are people really this stupid?

red states rule
07-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Why is that cold? Its plain simple facts. The poor woman is terminal. What's cold is Pretty Boy using her for his campaign.

Pretty Boy is using her cancer for his personal gain

Must be the lawyer part of him

red states rule
07-28-2007, 06:46 PM
tangerines? Are people really this stupid?

Well they are liberals to begin with

That should answer your queston right there

07-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Well they are liberals to begin with

That should answer your queston right there

Simply being liberals doesnt make them stupid. Although you do have to question that at some point. Being conservative doesnt make someone smart.

But the idea that the planet is going to be saved by not eating tangerines is silly. Maybe if she ate more fresh fruits and veggies regardless of the source she would heal herself. I know people who were diagnosed with cancer, not given much time to live, completely changed the diet to fresh fruits and veggies and with the proper nutrients from natural sources, they ended up being healed.

red states rule
07-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Simply being liberals doesnt make them stupid. Although you do have to question that at some point. Being conservative doesnt make someone smart.

But the idea that the planet is going to be saved by not eating tangerines is silly. Maybe if she ate more fresh fruits and veggies regardless of the source she would heal herself. I know people who were diagnosed with cancer, not given much time to live, completely changed the diet to fresh fruits and veggies and with the proper nutrients from natural sources, they ended up being healed.

I have not heard many intelligent things from liberals

With libs ranting about the pending doom of the Earth tells me the kook left has taken over the Dem party and are driving the party over the cliff

Dilloduck
07-28-2007, 07:52 PM
The politics of global warming got very concrete, and oddly difficult, in a meeting with local environmentalists in the coastal town of McClellanville today, where Elizabeth Edwards raised in passing the importance of relying on locally-grown fruit.

Asked about her comment immediately after the event, John Edwards avoided the question twice, then said he isn't sure.

"Would I add to the price of food?" he asked. "I'd have to think about that."

UPDATE: Just to be clear, he's not talking about a food tax. The basic point is that any plan that imposes new costs on carbon emissions is going to make anything that's transported long distances with fossil fuels cost more. It is, in a way, a moment of clarity in this debate.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0707/No_tangerines_for_you.html

Sorta makes you wonder why they don't admit to the whole truth and just tell everyone that they must stop buying ANYTHING.

red states rule
07-29-2007, 04:36 AM
Sorta makes you wonder why they don't admit to the whole truth and just tell everyone that they must stop buying ANYTHING.

Then the nanny state can take care of them. Which is what the libs really want