PDA

View Full Version : If ICE deports illegal-alien parents with US-born kids, who's breaking up the family?

Little-Acorn
08-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Happens a lot these days. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

What happens to the kids?

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deporation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are considered U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

Where does anyone get the idea that the government is responsible for the kids?

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?

Elessar
08-25-2016, 12:27 PM
That is a really huge cloud that is difficult to see through.

The Law is the Law. Heaven only knows what goes through these
people's minds. THEY have options and took one that muddies the water.
Do THEY want family-break-up? The responsibility is on THEM, not our Law.

Bilgerat
08-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Change the 14th Amendment to delete the birth loophole. Now!

NightTrain
08-25-2016, 02:57 PM
I don't really see the issue... the kids go with the illegal parents, of course.

Elessar
08-25-2016, 06:24 PM
I don't really see the issue... the kids go with the illegal parents, of course.

You know as well as I do, no liberal will go for that.

I agree with Bilge...amend the 14th to prevent this 'anchor baby' crap.

Little-Acorn
08-26-2016, 12:15 PM

If the parents so choose, being wholly responsible for their young children.

But the kids are American citizens, and have broken no law, done nothing wrong. They cannot be forced to leave the country by the government. Only the parents can do that.

It is the parents' decision.

Why did the parents deliberately bring children into a situation where they will likely lose one or both parents?

NightTrain
08-26-2016, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't say anything different than, "Tough break, kid."

They'll have to return, if they chose, when they're emancipated. It's no one's fault but the parents for breaking the law in the first place.

If the parents choose to give custody to the State, then we'll all have to bite the bullet and finance it. I don't have any problem with that.

But the strategy of producing Anchor Babies needs to be rendered ineffective. And that'll take a few sob story headlines before the message gets across.

Rewarding the illegals by granting amnesty because they downloaded their spawn on American soil obviously exacerbates the problem by millions of copycats.

Call me a cold hearted bastard if you will, but it's the only way to stop this problem.

jimnyc
08-26-2016, 02:14 PM
The only responsible party are those breaking the laws.

Gunny
08-26-2016, 02:20 PM
That is a really huge cloud that is difficult to see through.

The Law is the Law. Heaven only knows what goes through these
people's minds. THEY have options and took one that muddies the water.
Do THEY want family-break-up? The responsibility is on THEM, not our Law.

I don't have a problem with any cloud. You don't break up the family if you send them all back. This anchor baby crap is ... well ... crap. The parents come here illegally so the brat's an illegal too.

Elessar
08-26-2016, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't say anything different than, "Tough break, kid."

They'll have to return, if they chose, when they're emancipated. It's no one's fault but the parents for breaking the law in the first place.

If the parents choose to give custody to the State, then we'll all have to bite the bullet and finance it. I don't have any problem with that.

But the strategy of producing Anchor Babies needs to be rendered ineffective. And that'll take a few sob story headlines before the message gets across.

Rewarding the illegals by granting amnesty because they downloaded their spawn on American soil obviously exacerbates the problem by millions of copycats.

Call me a cold hearted bastard if you will, but it's the only way to stop this problem.

I don't have a problem with any cloud. You don't break up the family if you send them all back. This anchor baby crap is ... well ... crap. The parents come here illegally so the brat's an illegal too.

You are both correct. It just amazes me that others want to whine about it all the damn time.

Broke our laws entering illegally, made not a single effort to apply for citizenship, drop a couple babies
here - and assume the U.S. Citizens have to support them AND you?

I've got a problem with that concept