PDA

View Full Version : Have you forgotten that Jesus said you are a god?

Gnostic Christian Bishop
08-25-2016, 04:54 PM
Have you forgotten that Jesus said you are a god?

The main message that Jesus taught was that you too could be a god.

All you had to do was write the laws of heave in your heart and follow his lead and seek god. This is an important statement as Jesus is saying to never find or idol worship a god and continually seek a better god with better laws.

The god and Jesus within yourself, --- read Jesus here as an archetypal good man or woman, --- is the same archetypal good man/woman model that Jung and Freud used as the ideal model in their Father Complex. People know about the negatives of that theory more than the good. The point is that here Jesus shows how much of a naturalist he is and tells us from a natural perspective of where god lives.

God is inside of us, as the laws and rules we live by. This, in a real sense, is irrefutable. We are all beings who are constantly following rules that we interpret in our own way. We follow our heart. We are all gods to Jesus.

Jesus did not teach to make the god you find within yourself a permanent ideal. Seeking god is to always raise the bar of what is, to what could be better. Good was to evolve and grow. That is why the original Gnostic Christians, Chrestians, called their god, God the Good, and why they called their Jesus archetype, Jesus the Good.

Gnostic Christians knew that whatever we are is just a mental construct that we all create within ourselves. I think therefore I am. That is why we call our god I am and really do mean ourselves.

John 10; 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Who is your god?

Regards
DL

revelarts
08-25-2016, 06:23 PM
That was ... very nearly .. a strait forward reply.
:clap:

OK here's something i'd like to try,
Believe it or not i can critique your view without calling you a fool for believing it. Or making personal attacks, Or being dismissive of facts that are presented with some documented backup.
But Unsupported assertions and assumptions or beliefs ...no matter how "common sensical" they may seem to you... are not facts they are ...undocumented assertions and assumptions or beliefs. Which everyone has a right too.

And IMO a "good" person will allow others to hold them while still being respectful of the PERSON and their personal right to various beliefs.
If you can respond in kind we might be able to have productive conversation.
I suspect well leave holding our own views but at the least we can leave each other without anger.

So if I could summarize what I getting from what you wrote.
In your view Jesus was in fact only a man.
I still don't know if you mean a REAL person or you think he was fictional but at the least in your view even in FICTION he was JUST a "good" man.

In your view this "man" Jesus taught that all humans are "gods" (as is, without any qualifications other than definition of "god").
And that "gods" REALY means morally "Good" people.
People who are also "growing" "evolving" in some undefined sense.

That this goodness and growing is SELF defined for each individual by our minds.
But that FATHER figures of all kinds and and OTHER people laws are BAD "negative" and must be rejected because everyones OWN mind's are better or MORE GOOD than everyone else's somehow.
Accept you CAN trust Jesus telling you to go your own way. that advise is RIGHT and should be obeyed.
But a father figures telling us RIGHT from WRONG is very bad. And Freud was right (often pictured grave, grey haired with a bread and a smoke) we should listen to him and not listen to father figures.
But Jesus is and MODEL to follow, we should listen to him and therefore listen to ourselves.

.That's what I'm getting here. is that in the ball park.

And If i can be a bit pointed here. sorry.
please if you reply, please write like a human being and not like a 2nd hand guru.

Perianne
08-25-2016, 09:06 PM

How about a goddess? :)

aboutime
08-25-2016, 09:40 PM
Gnostic. Does all that vacuum rolling around between your ears ever stop, or do you just continue to SPEW, like a drunk with his head in a COMMODE?

Gnostic Christian Bishop
08-26-2016, 09:46 AM
That was ... very nearly .. a strait forward reply.
:clap:

OK here's something i'd like to try,
Believe it or not i can critique your view without calling you a fool for believing it. Or making personal attacks, Or being dismissive of facts that are presented with some documented backup.
But Unsupported assertions and assumptions or beliefs ...no matter how "common sensical" they may seem to you... are not facts they are ...undocumented assertions and assumptions or beliefs. Which everyone has a right too.

Rather an un-Christian an n-loving view that.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

And IMO a "good" person will allow others to hold them while still being respectful of the PERSON and their personal right to various beliefs.

Then you are not a good man if you see a damaging belief and do not try to correct the believer.
For evil to grow, all good men need do is nothing.

holding our own views but at the least we can leave each other without anger.

So if I could summarize what I getting from what you wrote.
In your view Jesus was in fact only a man.

If he lived a all, yes.

It I more likely that Jesus is an archetypal good man myth. After all, no historian of the day wrote of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

I still don't know if you mean a REAL person or you think he was fictional but at the least in your view even in FICTION he was JUST a "good" man.

In your view this "man" Jesus taught that all humans are "gods" (as is, without any qualifications other than definition of "god").

Defining the gods was an impossibility to the ancients.
http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

You cannot follow any god but you can follow the rules and laws you think he would invent.

And that "gods" REALY means morally "Good" people.
People who are also "growing" "evolving" in some undefined sense.

Yes.

That this goodness and growing is SELF defined for each individual by our minds.
But that FATHER figures of all kinds and and OTHER people laws are BAD "negative" and must be rejected because everyones OWN mind's are better or MORE GOOD than everyone else's somehow.
Accept you CAN trust Jesus telling you to go your own way. that advise is RIGHT and should be obeyed.

Yes as you are your own Jesus.

I did not say that other peoples laws are bad. Many are not bad at all.

But a father figures telling us RIGHT from WRONG is very bad.

I never implied this.

And Freud was right (often pictured grave, grey haired with a bread and a smoke) we should listen to him and not listen to father figures.
But Jesus is and MODEL to follow, we should listen to him and therefore listen to ourselves.

No. Jesus as our archetypal good man is to lead us to the Father figure in our on mind.

.That's what I'm getting here. is that in the ball park.

And If i can be a bit pointed here. sorry.
please if you reply, please write like a human being and not like a 2nd hand guru.

At east I focus enough to not get things ass backwards and without insult.

I thought you wanted a civil discussion.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
08-26-2016, 09:52 AM
How about a goddess? :)

No problem.

The Father Complex applies to both women and men. Call I Mother Complex.

I guess that Freud and Jung were just as misogynous as most of heir peers.

I tried to show this but perhaps did not highlight it enough in the O.P.

"The god and Jesus within yourself, --- read Jesus here as an archetypal good man or woman, --- is the same archetypal good man/woman model that Jung and Freud used as the ideal model in their Father Complex.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
08-26-2016, 09:53 AM
A bit more on Gnostic thinking.

I am a Gnostic Christian, Our beliefs are not what Christianity says they are. We lost the God wars and they distorted our belief system. The lies have been known since the findings of our scriptures and myths at Nag Hammadi.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html (http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhl.html)

Gnostic Christianity is a teaching system from Jesus but not the one the church ever dares to teach. It frees us from religion and that is of course not what religions want. They never want the student to graduate as they might lose revenue and people.

Here is a bit of history as well as a nutshell version of how that freedom is gained.

Gnostic Christians are perpetual seekers after God. God here I define as the best laws and rules to live life with.

We believe that those laws and rules, as Jesus said, are found in our minds/hearts. I use the following to try to illustrate this notion. A bit of history and then a mindset and method to do what I promote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D)

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded)

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y)

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL

aboutime
08-26-2016, 08:28 PM
Gnostic. As unsettling as this may sound to you. My GOD doesn't, and hasn't told any of us WE are, in any way, a GOD.

But, as a GOD FEARING CHRISTIAN. I forgive you, and must tell you, as the Jesus I believe in has said. "I must Love You, as my neighbor. As a human being. I do not, and will not ever have the power to become a GOD.
But I do follow, and believe THE FIRST COMMANDMENT. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Gnostic. As unsettling as this may sound to you. My GOD doesn't, and hasn't told any of us WE are, in any way, a GOD.

But, as a GOD FEARING CHRISTIAN. I forgive you, and must tell you, as the Jesus I believe in has said. "I must Love You, as my neighbor. As a human being. I do not, and will not ever have the power to become a GOD.
But I do follow, and believe THE FIRST COMMANDMENT. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

Is Jesus a god to you?

If so, then you throw his invitation to be his brethren back into his face. No wonder you live in far of god.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL