PDA

View Full Version : Marshmallow

jimnyc
08-27-2016, 06:51 AM
Oh joyous day! I awoke this morning and my cell was awaiting my approval to update the Android OS to 6.0.1 which is for the Marshmallow version. And all those new great features. :rolleyes: Basically about 200 new smileys and the 'desktop' folders and icons look neater and more rounded. And the effing thing took like and hour. I want a new phone now anyway. I've had this Samsung S5 for a couple of years now, may go back in and get the latest S7 or whatever they have. Marshmallow. LOL Maybe I'll get Graham Cracker, or Nutella! :lol:

Kathianne
08-27-2016, 06:53 AM
Oh joyous day! I awoke this morning and my cell was awaiting my approval to update the Android OS to 6.0.1 which is for the Marshmallow version. And all those new great features. :rolleyes: Basically about 200 new smileys and the 'desktop' folders and icons look neater and more rounded. And the effing thing took like and hour. I want a new phone now anyway. I've had this Samsung S5 for a couple of years now, may go back in and get the latest S7 or whatever they have. Marshmallow. LOL Maybe I'll get Graham Cracker, or Nutella! :lol:
S'mores! ;)

jimnyc
08-27-2016, 06:55 AM
S'mores! ;)

That's funny!

It's not like I have anything better to do this morning, and I can just set the phone aside and let it do it's thing. But it's about 800MB and just seemed like a waste. They should have waited for the next REAL update, or security update to toss in that crap. Probably just trying to see people use up their data!

NightTrain
08-27-2016, 08:39 AM
I don't know if I talked about this yet... but speaking of upgrading phones...

I've got 5 cell phones on my account for kids, Sharon's mom and Sharon & I. The monthly cost broke down to about $100 per phone, as per the contract when we initiated it with the "free" phones at the outset.

The contract expired, and the new cost per phone is $25 per month per phone.

Do the math on that "free" phone they offer you for that 2 year contract!

The last thing anyone wants to do is sign up for a contract - buy that damn phone outright and save big $$$.

jimnyc
08-27-2016, 08:43 AM
I don't know if I talked about this yet... but speaking of upgrading phones...

I've got 5 cell phones on my account for kids, Sharon's mom and Sharon & I. The monthly cost broke down to about $100 per phone, as per the contract when we initiated it with the "free" phones at the outset.

The contract expired, and the new cost per phone is $25 per month per phone.

Do the math on that "free" phone they offer you for that 2 year contract!

The last thing anyone wants to do is sign up for a contract - buy that damn phone outright and save big $$$.

I was literally just speaking to my brother about this about an hour ago! I did just that with my Galaxy S5 and was thinking about doing the same and getting an S7. And yup, it was the $25 per month for however long it was. Are you saying I was robbed? :laugh2:

NightTrain
08-27-2016, 08:57 AM
I was literally just speaking to my brother about this about an hour ago! I did just that with my Galaxy S5 and was thinking about doing the same and getting an S7. And yup, it was the $25 per month for however long it was. Are you saying I was robbed? :laugh2:

Well, for an additional $75 per month x 24 months = $1800 ........ that's one hell of an expensive free phone!

jimnyc
08-27-2016, 09:03 AM
Well, for an additional $75 per month x 24 months = $1800 ........ that's one hell of an expensive free phone!

That MUST have been multiple phones on your account!!??

Mine was an additional $25 per month for the term. Ended up paying something like $650-675? And I could have saved like 100-150 I believe had I bought it outright.

NightTrain
08-27-2016, 09:07 AM
That MUST have been multiple phones on your account!!??

Mine was an additional $25 per month for the term. Ended up paying something like $650-675? And I could have saved like 100-150 I believe had I bought it outright.

Yes I had 5 phones - but it was an additional $75 PER PHONE PER MONTH with that "free phone" when you signed the contract.

Put another way, after the contract expired my monthly bill went from $500 to $125.

Never take the free phone.