PDA

View Full Version : Colin Kaepernick won't stand during national anthem

jimnyc
08-27-2016, 11:15 AM
What a dumbass. He used to be a pretty good QB, but then slowly fizzled out. I hope he now fizzles away from the NFL. :rolleyes:

-----

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has been a lightning rod for attention in his career, and his latest statements surely could make him an even more polarizing figure.

Kaepernick explained his unwillingness to stand for the playing of the national anthem, which of course happens before the kickoff of every NFL game. It happened in last night’s preseason game at Levi’s Stadium against the Green Bay Packers, one in which he struggled in his first action since last season.

Colin Kaepernick, left, explains why he’s refusing to stand during the national anthem

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Network’s Steve Wyche after the game against Green Bay. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

The 49ers issued a statement on the matter:

“The National Anthem is and always will be a special part of the pregame ceremony. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem.”

Kaepernick is right to have his own opinion on the matter. He’s right to view his country any way he chooses. But he also must be willing to face the likely backlash. If USA Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas can get ripped for unintentionally forgetting to put her hand over her heart during the anthem, then Kaepernick clearly refusing to stand up during it will be treated far more harshly one would imagine.

It appears Kaepernick is aware of what he will face.

“This is not something that I am going to run by anybody,” he said. “I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed. … If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-wont-stand-during-national-anthem-145653015.html

Abbey Marie
08-27-2016, 11:39 AM
I never liked that guy.

(We need a "thumbs down" smiley)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-27-2016, 12:27 PM
He is free to do that, just as I am free to call him an uninformed, ungrateful, arrogant dumb-ass and I do so call..-Tyr

Perianne
08-27-2016, 01:02 PM
He is free to do that, just as I am free to call him an uninformed, ungrateful, arrogant dumb-ass and I do so call..-Tyr

Let's see: he and tons of other black athletes are making millions of dollars playing a game. Remember the USFL? I saw a documentary where they interviewed the guys playing in that league. Some of them were getting paid like $20,000. They just wanted the chance to play the game and get paid for it. I will bet that before he was drafted Kapernick would have done nearly anything to make it to the NFL. Ungrateful is the proper term for him, Tyr.

I just think of them as poopoo heads.

Elessar
08-27-2016, 02:01 PM
He is a sanctimonious turd. Standing does not mean anything but respect.

Let his over rated ass play in Nigeria or the Sudan.

I never cared for him to begin with. Far too over rated.

Gunny
08-27-2016, 02:48 PM
I hate the 49ers anyway. Just one more reason.

Gunny
08-28-2016, 06:01 PM
BTW ... Where is King Roger on THIS one? He's got a stupid rule for everything else. This is the behavior of a so-called role model?

aboutime
08-28-2016, 07:20 PM
Sounds like Kaepernick, the idiot is bucking for the Presidency of BLACK LIVES MATTER, while enjoying the millions of U.S. Dollars he gets for playing a game.

Wouldn't the honorable thing for him to do be...GIVING AWAY all of his money, and become one of those TERRIBLE Oppressed Victims of Liberal Stupidity???:salute:

Gunny
08-28-2016, 07:28 PM
Sounds like Kaepernick, the idiot is bucking for the Presidency of BLACK LIVES MATTER, while enjoying the millions of U.S. Dollars he gets for playing a game.

Wouldn't the honorable thing for him to do be...GIVING AWAY all of his money, and become one of those TERRIBLE Oppressed Victims of Liberal Stupidity???:salute:

I think he should get the same fines and suspensions all the other players get for not being perfect little role models. Then I think he should be deported. Let him find a country with a better flag.

Russ
08-28-2016, 09:09 PM
Colin Kaepernick explains why he’s refusing to stand during the national anthem

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Network’s Steve Wyche after the game against Green Bay. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

Kaepernick is a hypocrite, a liar, and a twit. And he sucks as a quarterback.
Hypocrite - he left the oppressions he is protesting against as very vague, but whatever oppressions he's talking about could be helped if he donated half his salary toward helping oppressed black people. I'd like to see some data on just how he's spent his millions, in this regard.
Liar - Again, he left his actual protest very vague. That is something people do when they are full of crap, and just told you a lie. They don't want to get into specifics, because they don't have any. Here's the real reason he's doing this - because he on the way to being the 2nd or 3rd string quarterback on a really bad team, and he's getting bitter. I notice he never protested anything when he was a starter. Did the oppressions just start a few weeks ago?
Twit - He's a twit.
Sucks as a quarterback - I mentioned before that he's looking at 2nd or 3rd string, but that's not the only option. He might get cut. And that from the 49ers, the worst team in the NFL. Time to brush up on saying "would you like fries with that", Colin!

Gunny
08-28-2016, 10:14 PM
Kaepernick is a hypocrite, a liar, and a twit. And he sucks as a quarterback.
Hypocrite - he left the oppressions he is protesting against as very vague, but whatever oppressions he's talking about could be helped if he donated half his salary toward helping oppressed black people. I'd like to see some data on just how he's spent his millions, in this regard.
Liar - Again, he left his actual protest very vague. That is something people do when they are full of crap, and just told you a lie. They don't want to get into specifics, because they don't have any. Here's the real reason he's doing this - because he on the way to being the 2nd or 3rd string quarterback on a really bad team, and he's getting bitter. I notice he never protested anything when he was a starter. Did the oppressions just start a few weeks ago?
Twit - He's a twit.
Sucks as a quarterback - I mentioned before that he's looking at 2nd or 3rd string, but that's not the only option. He might get cut. And that from the 49ers, the worst team in the NFL. Time to brush up on saying "would you like fries with that", Colin!

:laugh2:

Colin a Tony can run the kitchen, Tony's slip on the grease and hurt himself and Colin would pass the orders to the wrong customers.

Gunny
08-28-2016, 10:33 PM
That dude don't look like no black. He looks Arab as Hell with his hair grown out and that nose.

Gunny
08-28-2016, 10:39 PM
This is worse than a Hillary speech.

I have friends from the military that have fought and died for me to have this freedom speech. WHAT FUCKING FLAG DO YOU THINK WE FOUGHT FOR, BITCH?

The rich asshole is talking bout social justice. Send me a damned check, MFer. He said NOTHING that made any kind of sense.

Gunny
08-28-2016, 10:53 PM
I'd swear he is truthmatters jimnyc. Made about as much sense.

Elessar
08-29-2016, 11:23 AM
Outrage is growing over the refusal of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to stand for the national anthem before games because he believes the United States oppresses African Americans and other minorities.
Kaepernick sat on the team's bench Friday night during the anthem before the Niners played host to the Green Bay Packers in an exhibition game. He later explained his reasoning in an interview with NFL Media .
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Saturday that "players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the national anthem."
Rep. Pete King shot back on Sunday.
"Colin Kaepernick's refusal to stand for the national anthem is entirely wrong," King, a Republican Representative from New York's second district, said in an email statement. "It is also an indicator of how low our cultural standards have been degraded that anyone is actually supporting this behavior.
". . . Having an NFL quarterback insult our flag by refusing to stand during the playing of the 'Star Spangled Banner,' adds neither honesty nor intelligence to that debate."

There is no such thing as an African-American. Blacks oppress themselves.

Bilgerat
08-29-2016, 12:52 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14063920_1222080957838590_107851576222711914_n.jpg ?oh=dcc8788422e81fe53b0f008972311202&oe=58571D26

Russ
08-29-2016, 02:55 PM
Ex-wide receiver Randal Hill said that Kaepernick’s display would have never been tolerated on some of the teams he played on during the 1990s.
“Coach Buddy Ryan would always have us stand on the sideline at attention and he would film the playing of the national anthem, and if you moved at all, that was a $1,500 fine,” Hill said.

Good old Buddy! :)

Abbey Marie
08-29-2016, 03:39 PM
Now a rookie on the Eagles is planning to do the same on Thursday night.

Los Angeles (AFP) - Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/phi/) rookie Myke Tavarres (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/29685/) on Monday pledged to emulate Colin Kaepernick (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24823/) by refusing to stand for the US national anthem in the latest twist to a controversy that has divided the National Football League.Tavarres, 23, said he planned to sit during the anthem when the Eagles hosted theNew York Jets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyj/) in Philadelphia on Thursday.
"We've got an issue in this country in this day and age, and I feel like somebody needs to step up and we all need to step up," Tavarres told ESPN. "We've got that right.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eagles-rookie-kaepernick-anthem-boycott-194150638--nfl.html;_ylt=AwrBT.FZncRXSqAAoGxXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMT EyZ3Z1b2hvBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVUkyQzNfMQRz ZWMDc2M-

Little-Acorn
08-29-2016, 05:30 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/sk082916dAPR20160829064618.jpg

Gunny
08-29-2016, 05:59 PM
What annoys the HELL out of me is I've been watching sports just to get away from the political pundits. Now THIS crap. The sports channels have going off over this crap and won't shut up. I'm running out of channels.

I feel the exact same about actors. Act. NFL QB? Play football and STFU.

Elessar
08-29-2016, 06:05 PM
What annoys the HELL out of me is I've been watching sports just to get away from the political pundits. Now THIS crap. The sports channels have going off over this crap and won't shut up. I'm running out of channels.

I feel the exact same about actors. Act. NFL QB? Play football and STFU.

I love the Little-Acorn comic!

Rich spoiled brat syndrome. How much does he contribute to the self-made
'poor and downtrodden'?

Abbey Marie
08-29-2016, 06:49 PM
Update: Eagles rookie will now stand for the anthem. I think the damage is done, and I'm curious if he will make the team now.

Elessar
08-29-2016, 06:54 PM
Update: Eagles rookie will now stand for the anthem. I think the damage is done, and I'm curious if he will make the team now.

Actually a pretty dumb thing for a rookie to say. Hell...he does not even have a
guaranteed job yet!

Russ
08-29-2016, 06:58 PM
Actually a pretty dumb thing for a rookie to say. Hell...he does not even have a
guaranteed job yet!

He actually does have a guaranteed job, but it involves wearing a paper hat and saying "welcome to Taco Bell".

aboutime
08-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Liked this one as probably...the most accurate.

Kaepernick is probably RUNNING for the Presidency of BLACK LIVES MATTER...and he has enough of his 15 Million to copy Hillary, and BUY the election too!

Elessar
08-29-2016, 07:34 PM
Another opinion from the Patriot Post:

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick signed a six-year, $114,000,000 contract, as well as a $12,328,766 signing bonus, $61,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $19,000,000. On Friday, he refused to stand for the National Anthem before the preseason game, later declaring he is "not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color." He neglected to mention that the vast majority of murdered people of color are killed by other people of color. He also neglected to mention that he was adopted by white parents.
Naturally, the 49ers took the position that it's Kaepernick's "right" to not stand for the anthem. "The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony," the team said in a statement. "It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."
Of course they're right as far as it goes — no one said it wasn't Kaepernick's "right" to be an idiot. But that doesn't make him any less an idiot to show such contempt for the nation that made him a wealthy man.
Also, just a reminder: Kaepernick plays for the same NFL that doesn't mind (https://patriotpost.us/posts/31340) when Rams players take the field in the "hands up, don't shoot" posture, but refuses (https://patriotpost.us/posts/44271) to let the Dallas Cowboys wear a helmet sticker showing solidarity with Dallas police.

Boy....Your slip is showing!

Gunny
08-29-2016, 10:29 PM

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick signed a six-year, $114,000,000 contract, as well as a $12,328,766 signing bonus, $61,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $19,000,000. On Friday, he refused to stand for the National Anthem before the preseason game, later declaring he is "not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color." He neglected to mention that the vast majority of murdered people of color are killed by other people of color. He also neglected to mention that he was adopted by white parents.
Naturally, the 49ers took the position that it's Kaepernick's "right" to not stand for the anthem. "The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony," the team said in a statement. "It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."
Of course they're right as far as it goes — no one said it wasn't Kaepernick's "right" to be an idiot. But that doesn't make him any less an idiot to show such contempt for the nation that made him a wealthy man.
Also, just a reminder: Kaepernick plays for the same NFL that doesn't mind (https://patriotpost.us/posts/31340) when Rams players take the field in the "hands up, don't shoot" posture, but refuses (https://patriotpost.us/posts/44271) to let the Dallas Cowboys wear a helmet sticker showing solidarity with Dallas police.

He wouldn't have played on any of the teams I was on or coach. You want to sit on the bench? You got it, bubba.

And I'm STILL waiting for that pansy Goodel to say something.

Abbey Marie
08-30-2016, 12:03 AM
Just read that Kaepernick converted to Islam in the off season, and is engaged to a BLM activist.

Little-Acorn
08-30-2016, 12:20 AM
Just read that Kaepernick converted to Islam in the off season, and is engaged to a BLM activist.

How's he going to get to Away games while he's on the no-fly list?

Kathianne
08-30-2016, 08:09 AM
I understand his 'right' to not stand, just as I understand the 'right' to burn the flag. Having that right, exercising it, doesn't mean that there should be no repercussions. Personally I would just avoid any team he was on; any game his 'team' was playing in; any product that he received compensation for.

That is why the NFL in my opinion, deserves the biggest boos! See bolded below:

jimnyc
08-30-2016, 06:24 PM
I understand his 'right' to not stand, just as I understand the 'right' to burn the flag. Having that right, exercising it, doesn't mean that there should be no repercussions. Personally I would just avoid any team he was on; any game his 'team' was playing in; any product that he received compensation for.

That is why the NFL in my opinion, deserves the biggest boos! See bolded below:

That's political correctness reaching the NFL helmets, just mimicking the real world. It's a-ok to burn flags, ignore them, make pre-game statements - everything but pay respects to the hometown police. :(

This is a shame. I grew up idolizing the NFL and all it stood. Color never mattered when you played in the NFL. Color didn't matter when you're a fan of a team. But they're making the wrong decisions and sending the wrong decisions and ideas to today's kids.

Sure, Kap should have the right to have his voice heard. And the 49'ers should have the right to terminate his contract. The NFL should have the right to penalize him under 'morality' clauses all NFL players sign. But they WON'T, because it's not politically correct at this time. They would get bad feedback from the black community as a result.

But I have to wonder, if the Cowboys ignore the league, and wear tiny stickers to honor the fallen police - will the league take any action? And which they would do, which we know, then how do you tell your kids today that it's just fine to disrespect our Flag, but don't dare try and honor a cop who died in the line of duty.

Kathianne
08-30-2016, 06:48 PM
That's political correctness reaching the NFL helmets, just mimicking the real world. It's a-ok to burn flags, ignore them, make pre-game statements - everything but pay respects to the hometown police. :(

This is a shame. I grew up idolizing the NFL and all it stood. Color never mattered when you played in the NFL. Color didn't matter when you're a fan of a team. But they're making the wrong decisions and sending the wrong decisions and ideas to today's kids.

Sure, Kap should have the right to have his voice heard. And the 49'ers should have the right to terminate his contract. The NFL should have the right to penalize him under 'morality' clauses all NFL players sign. But they WON'T, because it's not politically correct at this time. They would get bad feedback from the black community as a result.

But I have to wonder, if the Cowboys ignore the league, and wear tiny stickers to honor the fallen police - will the league take any action? And which they would do, which we know, then how do you tell your kids today that it's just fine to disrespect our Flag, but don't dare try and honor a cop who died in the line of duty.

First you don't tell your kids that, you tell them what you believe to be the proper way to act. For me it would be along the lines of what I said above, "Many have given their lives to protect the rights enumerated in the Declaration and provided for in The Constitution. Some folks seem to have mistaken ideas of what their rights and responsibilities mean. We will not support any players, actors, etc., that choose to act against or disrespect the flag or symbols that represent the sacrifice of those who've gone before."

I'm not for making laws against idiots. I am for hitting those idiots where it hurts. This particular idiot is making $19million per year. Good lord, how oppressed.

jimnyc
08-30-2016, 07:10 PM
First you don't tell your kids that, you tell them what you believe to be the proper way to act. For me it would be along the lines of what I said above, "Many have given their lives to protect the rights enumerated in the Declaration and provided for in The Constitution. Some folks seem to have mistaken ideas of what their rights and responsibilities mean. We will not support any players, actors, etc., that choose to act against or disrespect the flag or symbols that represent the sacrifice of those who've gone before."

I'm not for making laws against idiots. I am for hitting those idiots where it hurts. This particular idiot is making $19million per year. Good lord, how oppressed.

He's simply pissed he's no longer the face of the franchise and not the starter. That's my opinion. He had all kinds of ways of getting involved and speaking up since 2012, but he didn't. Now he "rides the pine" as they say, in more ways than one.

But the flag, and all it stands for? I wonder if he is aware of how many black men have died wearing the uniform to give him freedoms, and lots of money? I wonder what he would say to their families? Or to the families or children of men who have medals showing that they also gave in more ways than one?

But this idiot wants to make a point about BLM, or "blacks being oppressed", and he takes it out on ALL of America, the best she has to offer, the best men and women that have died over so many years keeping is a free country.

He literally has no idea. He thought he would be a blabbermouth to draw attention now that he can't do so on the field. And I think he is DIS-honoring so many folks that have nothing to do with whatever his misguided frustration is pointing out.

aboutime
08-30-2016, 07:12 PM
We should just stop talking about this SCUMBAG, and stop giving him all the press he obviously enjoys. Let the BLACK LIVES MATTER idiots choose him to be their new president, and he will be an EQUAL to the Leader of the KKK.

Kathianne
08-30-2016, 07:14 PM
He's simply pissed he's no longer the face of the franchise and not the starter. That's my opinion. He had all kinds of ways of getting involved and speaking up since 2012, but he didn't. Now he "rides the pine" as they say, in more ways than one.

But the flag, and all it stands for? I wonder if he is aware of how many black men have died wearing the uniform to give him freedoms, and lots of money? I wonder what he would say to their families? Or to the families or children of men who have medals showing that they also gave in more ways than one?

But this idiot wants to make a point about BLM, or "blacks being oppressed", and he takes it out on ALL of America, the best she has to offer, the best men and women that have died over so many years keeping is a free country.

He literally has no idea. He thought he would be a blabbermouth to draw attention now that he can't do so on the field. And I think he is DIS-honoring so many folks that have nothing to do with whatever his misguided frustration is pointing out.

I totally agree. He is an ignorant, overpaid tool of the SJW. Seriously the only way I can see dealing with this, as his behavior is constitutional, is through the pocketbook, ego or himself and the NFL. Boo him wherever he appears. Refuse to buy ANY NFL approved merchandise; refuse to buy ANY product he has endorsed; refuse to attend ANY game he is involved with-on the bench or field. Actually I think the attack on NFL should have happened with the police thing.

Gunny
08-30-2016, 07:42 PM
This one's a no sale for me I've been standing at attention since I was 6 during Colors and the National Anthem. When we were kids we'd have to stop our bikes and just like all the cars were required to stop. You go to the base theater and they play the National Anthem before every show. You don't stand, you get dad's hand upside your head.

This isn't a protest to me. This is getting attention.

jimnyc
08-30-2016, 08:08 PM
This guy is a BEAST at like 6'7 and a million pounds. Former military that got out after his tours and now plays for the Steelers. Here's his Wiki bio about his military career:

Military career

After graduating from the United States Military Academy Villanueva began his military career when he was commissioned into the United States Army on May 22, 2010 as a second lieutenant in the Infantry.[4] Directly after being commissioned he attended various military schools, including the Infantry, Airborne and Ranger Schools; all located on Fort Benning, Georgia. After completing the three courses he was assigned to the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Drum, New York. It was with the 10th Mountain Division he deployed for the first time; for 12 months to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom - Afghanistan as a rifle platoon leader.[4] As a result of his actions during this deployment he was awarded a Bronze Star Medal with "V" device for rescuing wounded soldiers while under enemy fire.[4] When he returned from his deployment he was reassigned as a company executive officer.[4]

Villanueva volunteered for the 75th Ranger Regiment's Ranger Orientation Program in 2013.[4] He was assigned to the 1st Ranger Battalion. His roles within the Battalion have included plans officer, platoon leader and company executive officer.[4]

He has deployed two more times to Afghanistan for a total of eight months between both deployments.[4]

-----

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers left tackle Alejandro Villanueva, an Army Ranger before starting his NFL career, aligns with Colin Kaepernick's frustration over racial injustice, but not his forum.

The sacrifice of the military is too great to minimize the national anthem, Villanueva said. On Friday, Kaepernick decided to sit during the playing of the anthem before the San Francisco 49ers' game against the Green Bay Packers. Kaepernick says he sat, and will continue to sit, over the oppression of African-Americans.

"I don't know if the most effective way is to sit down during the national anthem with a country that's providing you freedom, providing you $16 million a year ... when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for less than $20,000 a year," Villanueva said. "It's his decision. Obviously he has brought up the issue in a great way. But I think if he encourages other players or other people in the stands to sit down, it's going to send the wrong message.

"He has to be a little more careful and look at the big picture of the things that he's doing, because as a service member, I have to understand it. But he's an athlete, he's got a huge platform, he has to see the impact he has on other people's lives."

Villanueva, 27, a former rifle platoon leader of the 2nd Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, first said he didn't want to be involved in the Kaepernick discussion when approached at his locker. But when asked about the responsibility of an athlete to stand during the anthem, Villanueva, of Spanish descent, said American minorities have more liberties than in other countries, with freedom to speak their mind, largely because of the military fighting for that right.

Kaepernick, who is set to make $11.9 million in 2016, told San Francisco-area reporters Sunday that he means no disrespect to the military, but he is sitting down for a cause he feels is right.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/steelers-lt-alejandro-villanueva-colin-kaepernick-big-picture/story?id=41726270

Gunny
08-30-2016, 10:23 PM
If I was the 40ers GM I'd cut him. If he plays one snap this season and gets hurt the 49ers are on the hook for $15M next year. I'd being clearing me up some salary cap space. I'm not paying that for a bakup especially one that brings controversy to my team that distracts from playing the game.

Perianne
08-30-2016, 10:49 PM
Kaepernick wears Fidel Castro t-shirt during interview.

[T]his black American athlete is (unwittingly) hailing the man who jailed and tortured the largest number of black political prisoners in the modern history of the Western hemisphere...

http://babalublog.com/2016/08/29/colin-kaepernick-wears-t-shirt-idolizing-fidel-castro-who-craved-to-nuke-his-country-and-who-jailed-and-tortured-the-most-black-political-prisoners-in-the-modern-history-of-the-western-hemisphere/

Gunny
08-31-2016, 04:37 AM
Takes a Steeler. Big Ben just put the wood to Colin on Mike and Mike.

jimnyc
08-31-2016, 05:09 AM
Takes a Steeler. Big Ben just put the wood to Colin on Mike and Mike.

I don't think he was as forceful as he could have been, but his stance is certainly better than that of Colin's!!!

-----

“When it comes to the National Anthem and the flag, I think it stands for something different. You know, like you said, family, brothers, my grandfather served in the Navy—people that have served this country—men and women who’ve lost their lives...to me that’s the National Anthem we stand and support because they give us the freedom to play this game. We are so, so lucky to play a game that we love...and that’s because we have the freedom that soldiers have given us.”

jimnyc
08-31-2016, 12:34 PM

I also saw a blurb a few days ago about him now being a muslim. I didn't reply to your post as I kinda saw it as all a conspiracy theory thing.

But now, I read that his muslim girlfriend influenced him in sitting down!! WTF WTF WTF???

-----

Kaepernick’s Support Of Black Lives Matter Began After Dating Activist DJ

Colin Kaepernick’s Muslim girlfriend Nessa Diab reportedly influenced the quarterback to sit during the national anthem in protest for “people that are being oppressed.”

A Fox News article revealed some more evidence that reflects Kaepernick’s “conversion to social activism” occurred once he began dating activist DJ Nessa Diab, “who has frequently spoken about perceived racial injustices and ‘Islamaphobia’ in the U.S.”

The San Francisco quarterback and MTV DJ began dating in July 2015, according to Fox News Sports. Shortly after that time, Kaepernick’s social media activity has become increasingly reflective of the “Black Lives Matter and Muslim activism of Diab,” Fox News reports.

“History!” Kaepernick captioned the photo, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Black Panther Party last October. (RELATED: Kaepernick’s Communist-Sympathizing Muslim Girlfriend Believed To Be Behind Protest)

Before beginning his relationship with Diab, Kaepernick’s Instagram mostly consisted of photos of him playing football or hanging with friends — about 128 of Kaepernick’s 170 posts, according to Fox News. Since dating Diab, Kaepernick’s social media focus has shifted toward black nationalist and Black Lives Matter-related messages.

“31 of his last 42 posts have strong social justice connotations, often featuring quotes from radical Nation of Islam leader Malcolm X, Black Panthers founder Huey Newton and cop killer Assata Shakur,” according to Fox News.

Kaepernick’s Support Of Black Lives Matter Began After Dating Activist DJ

Colin Kaepernick’s Muslim girlfriend Nessa Diab reportedly influenced the quarterback to sit during the national anthem in protest for “people that are being oppressed.”

A Fox News article revealed some more evidence that reflects Kaepernick’s “conversion to social activism” occurred once he began dating activist DJ Nessa Diab, “who has frequently spoken about perceived racial injustices and ‘Islamaphobia’ in the U.S.”

The San Francisco quarterback and MTV DJ began dating in July 2015, according to Fox News Sports. Shortly after that time, Kaepernick’s social media activity has become increasingly reflective of the “Black Lives Matter and Muslim activism of Diab,” Fox News reports.

“History!” Kaepernick captioned the photo, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Black Panther Party last October.

Before beginning his relationship with Diab, Kaepernick’s Instagram mostly consisted of photos of him playing football or hanging with friends — about 128 of Kaepernick’s 170 posts, according to Fox News. Since dating Diab, Kaepernick’s social media focus has shifted toward black nationalist and Black Lives Matter-related messages.

“31 of his last 42 posts have strong social justice connotations, often featuring quotes from radical Nation of Islam leader Malcolm X, Black Panthers founder Huey Newton and cop killer Assata Shakur,” according to Fox News.

After the reaction to Kaepernick’s refusal to stand for the national anthem, Kaepernick attended a news conference in a “balack hat with a large, white ‘X’ and a t-shirt that featured photos of Cuban despot Fidel Castro and Malcolm X.”

Diab’s social media includes a lot of content related to her job as an MTV DJ, but also reflects her views as a black rights activist and Islam defender. She recently defended her boyfriend in a tweet saying “I’m always proud of him and always will be @Kaepernick7. Please take the time to UNDERSTAND what he is saying,” Diab tweeted with a link to a transcript of his news conference following his protest.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/31/kaepernicks-support-of-black-lives-matter-began-after-dating-activist-dj/

Gunny
08-31-2016, 01:18 PM
I think ol' Colin may have pushed too far. Doesn't look like the head office is very pleased/

As far as Rothilesberger goes, I think he went as far as he thought he should. He doesn't need to bring a bunch of crap down on himself.

Elessar
08-31-2016, 04:29 PM

Kaepernick wears Fidel Castro t-shirt during interview.

http://babalublog.com/2016/08/29/colin-kaepernick-wears-t-shirt-idolizing-fidel-castro-who-craved-to-nuke-his-country-and-who-jailed-and-tortured-the-most-black-political-prisoners-in-the-modern-history-of-the-western-hemisphere/

This guy is just a whiney fool. Right Kathi. Why not use half those bucks to ease the self-inflicted oppression?

If I read again how speaking out against Latino's, Illegal Immigrants, and violent radical Muslims is racist, I'll puke. Those are cultures, not races!

Abbey Marie
08-31-2016, 04:39 PM

'Nuff said.

Elessar
08-31-2016, 05:01 PM
Russel Wilson, a class act, weighs in:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/31/russell-wilson-colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-controversy

His Birth Mom weighs in:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/30/kaepernicks-birth-mom-youve-shamed-your-country-and-family

Gunny
08-31-2016, 05:51 PM
Russel Wilson, a class act, weighs in:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/31/russell-wilson-colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-controversy

His Birth Mom weighs in:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/30/kaepernicks-birth-mom-youve-shamed-your-country-and-family

I want them to cut him so bad it's pathetic. But you KNOW Jerry Jones will hire him. :laugh:

jimnyc
08-31-2016, 05:54 PM
I want them to cut him so bad it's pathetic. But you KNOW Jerry Jones will hire him. :laugh:

Possible, with the Romo injury - but I think Prescott is going to come in and surprise a lot of people and they likely won't need anyone else.

Elessar
08-31-2016, 05:56 PM

That is likely quite true. Jones wrecked what Tex Schramm and Tom Landry built.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. He's an embarrassment to the 49'ers
(who I do not like), and the NFL as well.

Elessar
08-31-2016, 06:12 PM
Possible, with the Romo injury - but I think Prescott is going to come in and surprise a lot of people and they likely won't need anyone else.

That would be a very expensive back-up, not to mention the controversy he would add to
Jones' already checkered system.

Gunny
08-31-2016, 07:50 PM

Given the current situation in MN, I an see them bringing him in as backup to Hill. Guys a little long in the tooth and Hill's backup is a rookie right now. I'd say. MN's in the damage control market right now.

And you KNOW if Prescott impresses Jones he's most likely heir apparent.

I think the NFL owners should blackball Colin. I remember them doing it to Duane Thomas of the Cowboys in 72. After they won their first SB he wanted more money. He refused to speak ro rhe media or his teammates the entire next season. Landry dealt him to San Diego where sat on the bench for a season then was gone.

Holding teams hostage and it working started with Eric Dickerson wanting off the Rams.

Elessar
08-31-2016, 08:01 PM
I think the NFL owners should blackball Colin. I remember them doing it to Duane Thomas of the Cowboys in 72. After they won their first SB he wanted more money. He refused to speak ro rhe media or his teammates the entire next season. Landry dealt him to San Diego where sat on the bench for a season then was gone.

Holding teams hostage and it working started with Eric Dickerson wanting off the Rams.

He did it with the Redskins as well. George Allen would not put up with him.

Gunny
08-31-2016, 08:37 PM
He did it with the Redskins as well. George Allen would not put up with him.

The Redskins had Larry Brown. The Cowboys had Calvin Hill and Walt Garrison. Thomas was good, but he was too busy playing "underpaid black guy". He was not a fit in a West Coast offense where he finally got dealt. He was a power runner fit for a power running team.

aboutime
08-31-2016, 09:50 PM
Just realized something Kaepernick the idiot may not have thought about.

He handles a FOOTBALL for his money, and profession. And now. Since he says he converted to ISLAM. Isn't handling a FOOTBALL...Also called a PIGSKIN...disqualification for him to continue????

Gunny
08-31-2016, 09:57 PM
Just realized something Kaepernick the idiot may not have thought about.

He handles a FOOTBALL for his money, and profession. And now. Since he says he converted to ISLAM. Isn't handling a FOOTBALL...Also called a PIGSKIN...disqualification for him to continue????

Interesting question. I don't know what footballs are made of now though. Most likely some synthetic material.

Abbey Marie
08-31-2016, 10:38 PM
That would be a very expensive back-up, not to mention the controversy he would add to
Jones' already checkered system.

Yeah, I'm not sure Texas would be a good fan base for Kaepernick, lol.

Gunny
08-31-2016, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure Texas would be a good fan base for Kaepernick, lol.

We got a song by R Wylie Hubbard down here "We're not from Dallas, We're from Texas". We don't claim the place and Jerry Jones' name has been mud since Tom Landry had to find out he was fired on TV.

Then he let's his ego get the best of him and gets into a row with Jimmy Johnson because he wants credit. What? For all those former University of Miami and SEC players? They won 1 more SB with Johnson'a team and haven't been back.

Elessar
09-01-2016, 12:23 AM
The Redskins had Larry Brown. The Cowboys had Calvin Hill and Walt Garrison. Thomas was good, but he was too busy playing "underpaid black guy". He was not a fit in a West Coast offense where he finally got dealt. He was a power runner fit for a power running team.

Simply loved Walt Garrison! That was back when the Redskins and Cowboys was a good rivalry.
Loved to hate each other! Brown was really, really good..the best back since Charley Taylor,
Bobby Mitchell, and then getting John Riggins, a beast at 245 and sprinters speed.

Little-Acorn
09-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Definitely no relation.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gv083116dAPR20160831044515.jpg

Gunny
09-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Definitely no relation.

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gv083116dAPR20160831044515.jpg

This is the one time I wanted to see a SF - SD game. Or the beginning actually. Or at least the beginning. I get the damned Giants and Patriots. That's as bad as getting the Redskins and Eagles. Earth, open up and swallow all 4 of them.

I wanted to see the reaction of the fans. From San Clemente to Naval Base SD it's all Navy and Marine Bases. I did see in pregame he's got two of his very own SDPD escorts.

Let him face the music. He made it.

Gunny
09-02-2016, 08:16 AM
He got razzed by the crowd. :dance:

Elessar
09-02-2016, 10:17 AM
He got razzed by the crowd. :dance:

I don't doubt that for a second, and figure he's going to get it more and more.

jimnyc
09-02-2016, 02:57 PM
One thing I'll say, Kap apparently forgot how to get a haircut.

This used to be him:

https://i.imgur.com/Ho4m5gQ.png

and this is him now:

https://i.imgur.com/b2mVUKC.jpg

Perianne
09-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Looks like he got a tan, too.

Little-Acorn
09-02-2016, 05:56 PM
This is the one time I wanted to see a SF - SD game. Or the beginning actually. Or at least the beginning. I get the damned Giants and Patriots. That's as bad as getting the Redskins and Eagles. Earth, open up and swallow all 4 of them.

I wanted to see the reaction of the fans. From San Clemente to Naval Base SD it's all Navy and Marine Bases. I did see in pregame he's got two of his very own SDPD escorts.

Let him face the music. He made it.
When e came out of the tunnel, he was roundly booed.

All during warmups, he was booed even more.

Once the game started, he was booed every time he stepped up to take a snap.

aboutime
09-02-2016, 07:46 PM
One thing I'll say, Kap apparently forgot how to get a haircut.

This used to be him:

https://i.imgur.com/Ho4m5gQ.png

and this is him now:

https://i.imgur.com/b2mVUKC.jpg

The change in his growing more hair (Afro) makes him far more eligible to run as the next President of "BLACK LIVES MATTER!"

Gunny
09-03-2016, 12:21 PM
When e came out of the tunnel, he was roundly booed.

All during warmups, he was booed even more.

Once the game started, he was booed every time he stepped up to take a snap.

Dorothy, you ain't in SF that night. :laugh:

jimnyc
09-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Latest talk is from the Santa Clara police about possibly not working at any of the games for the Niners.

Gunny
09-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Latest talk is from the Santa Clara police about possibly not working at any of the games for the Niners.

Are they actually on-duty police? Or moonlighters? In Texas, the off-duty's take a lot of side work. I don't think my tax dollars should be supporting a multi-billion dollar industry with security.

Elessar
09-03-2016, 09:36 PM
In a phrase: F*** Him.

He made his bed of pig-shit. Let him lay in it,