PDA

View Full Version : I, for one, have had it.

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 04:32 PM
*Mod hat off for this post.

Can we just stop with the photography pecker contests? It is really getting old. :mad:

Everything in life doesn't have to be a nasty competition. I enjoy almost all of the pictures people post, whether they are "perfect" or not. It's interesting to know what equipment someone uses, but it's not fun to hear how ignorant they are for using it. I can learn from constructive criticism, but that's not what I am seeing here. I wonder how many people are afraid to post a photo on here, for fear their efforts will be belittled?

I virtually never get angry on a message board, but thread after thread about this topic is ticking me off.

And I am not referring to any particular thread or poster. There's plenty of blame to go around, IMO.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I'll go grab a snifter, pour myself a B&B and chill.

Abbey

*Mod hat back on.

darin
07-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Moved to the "Angry Abbey" forum....

:)

jimnyc
07-25-2007, 04:39 PM
I haven't even read this forum in ages so I have no idea what Abbey is referring to. I know I just got turned on at 'seeing' her angry though! :laugh2:

jimnyc
07-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Btw, just kidding with ya Ab! Nobody should be nitpicking about others photos. The whole point of this forum is to SHARE photos, not rate them.

My camera sucks and so does my shooting ability, but now I'm gonna go take some shitty pictures and post them purposely! :)

Mr. P
07-25-2007, 04:43 PM
*Mod hat off for this post.

Can we just stop with the photography pecker contests? It is really getting old. :mad:

Everything in life doesn't have to be a nasty competition. I enjoy almost all of the pictures people post, whether they are "perfect" or not. It's interesting to know what equipment someone uses, but it's not fun to hear how ignorant they are for using it. I can learn from constructive criticism, but that's not what I am seeing here. I wonder how many people are afraid to post a photo on here, for fear their efforts will be belittled?

I virtually never get angry on a message board, but thread after thread about this topic is ticking me off.

And I am not referring to any particular thread or poster. There's plenty of blame to go around, IMO.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I'll go grab a snifter, pour myself a B&B and chill.

Abbey

*Mod hat back on.

I have noticed a "them against him" thing going on for way too long.
But I'm consumed with 5 lines at the moment. Some things ARE more important ya know?

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 04:44 PM
I haven't even read this forum in ages so I have no idea what Abbey is referring to. I know I just got turned on at 'seeing' her angry though! :laugh2:

You should have read the post before I edited it. What can I say, I'm half Sicilian.

jimnyc
07-25-2007, 04:45 PM
You should have read the post before I edited it. What can I say, I'm half Sicilian.

Awesome! Next time you're angry, can you send me some dirty PM's?

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Btw, just kidding with ya Ab! Nobody should be nitpicking about others photos. The whole point of this forum is to SHARE photos, not rate them.

My camera sucks and so does my shooting ability, but now I'm gonna go take some shitty pictures and post them purposely! :)

I know, my borough man! I could never be mad at you.

darin
07-25-2007, 04:47 PM
I think it's more 'Him' vs. 'Them' - as 'Him' tends to be the 'aggressor' :)

But I'm seriously just happy this thread wasn't what I THOUGHT it was...I thought Abbey was tired of the UberHotChicks posted up on the forums lately, and was going to create a NASTY vile thread about ManMeat and BoyToys and what-not. :(

:)

This one is free, Abbey - It's me last week modling for a local Rodeo...

http://www.design152studio.com/simpleviewer2/images/MB508.jpg

:p

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 04:50 PM
But I'm consumed with 5 lines at the moment. Some things ARE more important ya know?

Yes, I have as well.

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I think it's more 'Him' vs. 'Them' - as 'Him' tends to be the 'aggressor' :)

But I'm seriously just happy this thread wasn't what I THOUGHT it was...I thought Abbey was tired of the UberHotChicks posted up on the forums lately, and was going to create a NASTY vile thread about ManMeat and BoyToys and what-not. :(

Oh, yeah, that would go over like a **** in Church.

P.S. That pic was waaay too Brokeback for me.

darin
07-25-2007, 04:53 PM
:D

Like "my" picture? :)

jackass
07-25-2007, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=Abbey;94365I wonder how many people are afraid to post a photo on here, for fear their efforts will be belittled?

[/QUOTE]

I was one of them but after your speech I feel empowered.

I was trying to post some pics bit I cant seem to get them to work. Anyone have any ideas?

I get them up on my screen for about a minute...but the tape keeps falling off. How do you guys get the tape to stick to your monitors??

:laugh2:

LiberalNation
07-25-2007, 04:56 PM
lol the threads with the hot girls is what your complaining about, right? Yeah those conversations are pretty graphic but funny too.

hjmick
07-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I wonder how many people are afraid to post a photo on here, for fear their efforts will be belittled?

You've inspired me, besides, I don't know any of you people so why should I care what you think of my pictures?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/BarnGlow.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/DSC00001.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/ParkPlace.jpg

Mr. P
07-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh, yeah, that would go over like a **** in Church.

P.S. That pic was waaay too Brokeback for me.

WAY GAYYYYYYY! :laugh2:

Mr. P
07-25-2007, 06:19 PM
You've inspired me, besides, I don't know any of you people so why should I care what you think of my pictures?

Hey hjmick, I photograph and draw (in pencil) old barns and stuff like that.

I Love the third pic!! Very nice!

jackass
07-25-2007, 06:40 PM
I like the first pic the most! Very eery feeling about it.

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 07:16 PM
lol the threads with the hot girls is what your complaining about, right? Yeah those conversations are pretty graphic but funny too.

If you are referring to me, you've completely misread my post. It had nothing to do with hot girls, or any girls, for that matter.

manu1959
07-25-2007, 07:24 PM

top or bottom half....min postin a pic of whichever half is the sicillian half?

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 07:27 PM
top or bottom half....min postin a pic of whichever half is the sicillian half?

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 07:39 PM

Well, even though you don't care what we think, welcome to the board. :)

manu1959
07-25-2007, 07:43 PM

well..................

LiberalNation
07-25-2007, 07:54 PM
If you are referring to me, you've completely misread my post. It had nothing to do with hot girls, or any girls, for that matter.
So it was a different thread?

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 07:57 PM
So it was a different thread?

Yes. Several.

Jon
07-26-2007, 09:16 AM

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/BarnGlow.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/ParkPlace.jpg

Very nice. The first one almost looks like an IR photo other than the foilage is the wrong tone.

-Cp
07-26-2007, 10:36 AM

Then perhaps you should rename this section "Share a pic" or "Post pics you take" or just "pictures"... "Photography" incites the camera snobs and the photography wanna-be "pro" out there who lurks in the murky wates liks a shark....:)

hjmick
07-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Thank you all fo the compliments, I appreciate it, I really do.

The barn sits in a field next to a brewery I frequent in Buelton, Firestone-Walker. The canyon is in Arches National Monument, Utah. The flower I came across at Sea World San Diego.

You've got to love the digital technolgy, I printed 4 versions of the barn plus the original color version, they now hang on the wall in my wife's office.

Said1
07-26-2007, 06:10 PM
But [B]I'm consumed with 5 lines at the moment. Some things ARE more important ya know?[/'b]

Of course your next hit is important. Should have stayed out of the attic.

Mr. P
07-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Of course your next hit is important. Should have stayed out of the attic.

Wow man.....are you talkin to me? :laugh2: