PDA

View Full Version : U.N. rights office urges French towns to repeal burkini bans

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-30-2016, 07:54 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/6c5c7f0e-d561-39d9-9a35-79ffb8a14c71/ss_u.n.-rights-office-urges.html

U.N. rights office urges French towns to repeal burkini bans
[Business Insider UK]
August 30, 2016

By Stephanie Nebehay GENEVA (Reuters) - The United Nations human rights office has called on French beach resorts to lift their bans on the burkini, calling them a "stupid reaction" that did not improve security but fueled religious intolerance. France's highest administrative court last Friday suspended one seaside town's ban on the full-body swimsuit sometimes worn by Muslim women, on the grounds it violated fundamental liberties. U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein welcomed the decision by the Conseil d'Etat against the Mediterranean resort of Villeneuve-Loubet, his spokesman Rupert Colville said. A dozen other towns also have such bans. "We call on the authorities

more at link...Tyr

Really???
With all that is going on across the globe the ffing UN MEDDLES IN THIS!!!
To protect the ffing muzzies no less!!
ffing maggots the both of them..

This O' so special group gets aid/appeasement from almost everybody , mostly because the ffkking cowards fear them so damn much --while they cry how peaceful they are! A direct contradiction in logic....-Tyr

Noir
08-31-2016, 04:54 AM
I've seen reports of French police forcing women to remove clothing. I'm not sure this is the direction we should be heading in.

jimnyc
08-31-2016, 05:07 AM
I've seen reports of French police forcing women to remove clothing. I'm not sure this is the direction we should be heading in.

I don't know if that's where efforts should be centered either. But I will say, that over yonder there should be all efforts centered on incoming refugees and every last detail about them, and what could potentially be used as a weapon. As stated everywhere already "If you see something out of place, report it".

Certainly being politically correct won't help, that's for sure. It's obvious that so many areas over there have a fat and huge bullseye - and more needs to be done than just hoping the problem will go away. Some leaders over there want to act like there is no issue at all with muslims or incoming refugees. And it's folks like that that are making those places weaker.

CSM
08-31-2016, 06:57 AM
"U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein" ...... hmmmmm

fj1200
09-01-2016, 10:12 AM
I'm trying to understand the message here? We should be supportive of government efforts to control what an otherwise free people may wear?

Gunny
09-01-2016, 11:00 PM
I don't know if that's where efforts should be centered either. But I will say, that over yonder there should be all efforts centered on incoming refugees and every last detail about them, and what could potentially be used as a weapon. As stated everywhere already "If you see something out of place, report it".

Certainly being politically correct won't help, that's for sure. It's obvious that so many areas over there have a fat and huge bullseye - and more needs to be done than just hoping the problem will go away. Some leaders over there want to act like there is no issue at all with muslims or incoming refugees. And it's folks like that that are making those places weaker.

We went through this a decade ago when some raghead didn't want to remove her crap for a driver's license photo. Common sense needs to trump stupidity.

jimnyc
09-06-2016, 05:02 PM
French court sparks outrage after ruling burkinis should still be banned

A court on the French island of Corsica has upheld the burkini ban issued by a local mayor despite a higher court squashing it in Paris last month.

A judge in the town of Bastia upheld the decision to ban the burkini from beaches in the Corsican resort town of Sisco because it had disrupted public order.

Mayor Ange-Pierre Vivoni's decision followed a public brawl on a ban on 16 August three days after three Morroccan residents fought with other locals after reports emerged that people had been taking photographs of a woman wearing the swimsuit.

It followed a ruling by the Council of State court which said the bans illegally violated the basic freedoms of women to wear what they wanted and could only be imposed unless there was a "proven risk of disruptions to public order".

The unnamed judge said: "Given the events of 13 August, the presence of a woman wearing a swimsuit covered by the ban of 16 August in certain circumstances can generated an averse risk to public order which is up to the mayor to prevent".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/burkini-ban-france-islam-corsica-freedom-of-speech-human-rights-public-order-a7229071.html

sundaydriver
09-06-2016, 05:28 PM
In a bizarre turn of events, Islamic State fighters are now banning women from wearing burkas in security centres in the northern Iraqi city of Monsul and have declared the full-face veils are now a security risk.

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/isis-bans-women-from-wearing-burkas-after-chiefs-attacked-by-veiled-assassins/news-story/5356534a06f3213389835f34281ecf80

Nothing is dangerous, until it is! Bikini's coming soon for all ISIS women. :laugh:

jimnyc
09-06-2016, 05:36 PM
In a bizarre turn of events, Islamic State fighters are now banning women from wearing burkas in security centres in the northern Iraqi city of Monsul and have declared the full-face veils are now a security risk.

That is bizarre, but probably the first thing I am in agreement with them about. :)