PDA

View Full Version : Rubio, Murphy win Florida's Senate primaries

jimnyc
08-30-2016, 09:03 PM
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Republican Sen. Marco Rubio and Democratic U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy each easily won their Senate primaries Tuesday, setting up a November showdown that's guaranteed to be nasty as each party grapples for a majority in the chamber.

Rubio, who decided at the last second to seek a second term, easily fended off millionaire homebuilder Carlos Beruff and Murphy used the backing of President Barack Obama and other Democratic leaders to defeat U.S. Rep Alan Grayson, who was counting on his party's most faithful liberal voters to overcome Murphy's money and establishment support.

In other races, U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown lost a primary as she faces felony fraud charges. She was one of the first African-Americans elected to Congress from Florida since Reconstruction. U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who recently resigned as Democratic National Committee chair, won her primary — the first tough race since being elected to Congress in 2004.

Rubio's and Murphy's victory speeches set the tone for the Senate race.

"Marco Rubio is the worst of Washington because he puts himself first every time. He gave up on his job. He gave up on Florida. He earned the worst voting record for any Florida senator in 50 years," Murphy said shortly after polls closed.

Rubio spoke about an hour later and said Murphy has lied about his education and his career and is only successful because of his wealthy father.

"How can someone with that kind of record think he can be elected to the U.S. Senate? The answer is he has a sense of entitlement, because when everything you've ever had in your life is given to you, you think you deserve it all," Rubio said.

Rubio had declared during his failed presidential campaign that he would not run again for Senate. But he nearly cleared what had been a crowded GOP field with his last-minute turnabout.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-pick-democrat-face-rubio-november-153012823--election.html

Perianne
08-30-2016, 10:13 PM
Grayson is a terrible person and I'm glad he lost.

Bilgerat
08-31-2016, 06:27 AM
One can't help but notice Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz's return.

Amazing that she can lie, cheat and steal, yet the sheeple vote for her.

Oh wait, I forgot the key ingredient. She's a Democrat so they're accustomed to that.

Congrats Sheeple, YOU are what's wrong!

But the Blabbermouth thanks you

http://crooksandliars.com/files/primary_image/16/08/debbie_wasserman_schultz_scott.jpg

jimnyc
08-31-2016, 06:36 AM
One can't help but notice Debbie "Blabbermouth" Schultz's return.

What an ugly filthbag she is.

And that's why they will win come November. They simply don't care. Every last thing is party over country, so they will come together 100% regardless of anything and take the WH and fuck things up even more. :(

Abbey Marie
08-31-2016, 08:44 AM
What an ugly filthbag she is.

And that's why they will win come November. They simply don't care. Every last thing is party over country, so they will come together 100% regardless of anything and take the WH and fuck things up even more. :(

Exactly. They don't care, while we have all sorts of people finding fault with our candidates.

jimnyc
08-31-2016, 08:59 AM
Exactly. They don't care, while we have all sorts of people finding fault with our candidates.

Which is all fine and dandy for folks to find fault. I think many here have found much fault with both candidates. But at the end of the day, only one can get the nod. Only one is going to get that ticket and be in the WH for a minimum of the next 4 years. Some obviously see Trump as a lifelong wacky left leaning liberal. Some see him as someone who is lying and plans on screwing up our supreme court appointees. Some see him as someone who will use executive powers to try and grab for our guns. Some see him literally as no different than Hillary. I can understand some not seeing him as a conservative, not seeing him as a good GOP candidate this go 'round, but I don't agree with him supposedly being a liberal pulling the wool over our eyes and that allowing Hillary to take the WH won't be any different, so somehow it doesn't matter. That I cannot agree with.