PDA

View Full Version : My Cats

red states rule
07-25-2007, 04:48 PM
These are my spoiled cats

They are a joy

darin
07-25-2007, 04:49 PM
I see a little camera-shake, perhaps in a couple of those.

I love my cats. I can't begin to think about how sad I'll be when they die. :(

red states rule
07-25-2007, 04:53 PM

Here are the rest of mine

They are the best - all strays off the street

Pale Rider
07-25-2007, 05:14 PM

Damn it... don't say that. Because I know what you mean. My partner is 15, and I dread the day he leaves me too. I absurdly spoil him with the mere thought of it.

Great cats rsr. I love cats. I don't think there's a cuter baby of anything that's cuter than a cat.

Here's my partner up in his lookout...

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3755/buttons0041bi1.jpg

red states rule
07-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Damn it... don't say that. Because I know what you mean. My partner is 15, and I dread the day he leaves me too. I absurdly spoil him with the mere thought of it.

Great cats rsr. I love cats. I don't think there's a cuter baby of anything that's cuter than a cat.

They are the best

They all have different personalities

When I get home at night they all come out and say hi

red states rule
07-25-2007, 05:22 PM
In all their glory

darin
07-25-2007, 05:37 PM

Brad and Mike just turned 12. They are very curious cats.

They stalk my wife. Literally. We've had to start locking them out at night. When my alarm sounds, or they decide they are ready to grace her with their presence, all 20+lbs hop up onto the ~3ft high bed. They walk over to her, and straddle her face (one on each side of her head) and get into purring contests to see who she pets first. If they see a hand out from under the covers, they start lickin'. Most-any-skin, really, is fair game to them. GODFORBID if they see you open an eye!! Then they are in your face!

Mike likes to lay on top of Mary - facing her, with his paws tween her bewbs - What guy wouldnt? right? :) He'll inch up as if to say "You cannnnnot seeeeeeeeeee meeee!!" until he has a paw around each side of her neck, then he nose-dives for the crease between her neck and shoulder and nuzzles in.
Brad's more annoying, I'd say, because he's persistent. Hard to shoo him off.
I've caught Brad, on numerous occasions, slowly reaching down Mary's shirt, as she lays there.

He'll holler and call for food, a clean litter box, or just for attention. He still chases laser-pointers, too! :D

Mike

http://www.sph33r.net/upload/files/12/michaelpose.jpg

http://www.sph33r.net/upload/files/12/michaelpaw2.jpg

No pics of Brad here - but he's like Mike, but Orange. :) And heavier.

red states rule
07-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Big boy

My favorite cat. Munchkin, tips in scales at 16 pounds

She is a big girl

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 07:19 PM
D, those are some affectionate cats you have! Isn't it funny when people who don't have cats, try to tell you they are too "aloof" to be good pets?

glockmail
07-25-2007, 07:38 PM
These are my spoiled cats

They are a joy

I told you before that cats are simply waiting around for the day that you stroke out and can't defend yourself. Then they will descend on you and feed. I can see it in their evil little slit eyes. I've only got one of the little bastards and he takes a taste out of me whenever he gets the chance. And I rescued his sorry ass twice now. Once as an abandoned kitten with an intestine full of worms and the second time last month with his tail run over by a car and a mangled foot. $750 and three weeks later he's back to biting me in the leg. Damn stubby-tailed mutant he is.

diuretic
07-26-2007, 02:11 AM
My cat knows my habits. If get out of bed and wander into the bathroom to take a leak she stays on the sofa and lets me go back to bed to sleep without bothering me. But she does that even when I'm on night shift and sleeping during the day. It's like she knows it's not time for me to get up. But she must know when I get up to stay up because she comes racing in to the bedroom doing the "hi there, good to see you, now feed me" meet and greet and rub feet routine. When I'm working evening shifts and want to sleep a bit longer she hops up on thed and insists on running over my head until I give in and get up to feed her.

Those are lovely cats btw. Mine's a Tortoiseshell. I must dig a pic out.

red states rule
07-26-2007, 04:01 AM
Ditto. They know when I am getting ready to go to work and they don't like it. They follow me around and a couple will lay on my briefcase as if to stop me from leaving

diuretic
07-26-2007, 06:10 AM
She doesn't mind me going to work as long as I've fed her. The dog doesn't like it. But then the dog is the first to greet men when I come home. The cat makes sure it's me before rushing off to her food bowl :laugh2:

red states rule
07-26-2007, 06:13 AM
and don't forget a clean litter box

diuretic
07-26-2007, 09:51 PM
and don't forget a clean litter box

Forget? My cat allow me to forget anything? :laugh2: I get the glare!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x245/diuretic_2007/00196.jpg

red states rule
07-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Forget? My cat allow to forget anything? :laugh2: I get the glare!
http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x245/diuretic_2007/?action=view&current=00196.jpg

With as many as I have, I am using 4 boxes - and they are each cleaned twice per day

In the morning after breakfast is served they watch me clean them

Then they go

They are worth all the fuss

Trinity
07-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Here are my 2 they were both rescued off the street. Garfield the cat (kid's named him) was about 7 weeks old when we found him. He is comical he will go racing to the front door when he hears our car pull up and wait for us to come in and as soon as we open up the door he rolls over on his back and starts flipping from side to side greeting us. The dog however, we have to go looking for her she never comes to the door when we come home. The cat when it gets close to 10:00pm he starts looking at us like come on it's bed time. When we finally get up to go to bed I'll tell him come on Garfield it's bedtime and he goes racing down the hallway but then stops right before he gets to the bedroom and looks to make sure we are coming then he goes and hops in bed and lays down.

Garfield loves to play as well there was one time dad was coming out of his room about 6 in the morning it was dark in the hallway and Garfield was laying in the middle of the floor in front of dads bedroom door, well dad about tripped on him as he was walking to go to the bathroom Garfield jumped up and ran down the hallway a little further and laid back down in the middle of the floor and tripped him again :laugh2: that cats devious!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o310/kami1970/newpictures62007016.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o310/kami1970/PA280055.jpg

red states rule
07-27-2007, 06:36 AM
Garfield looks like my Hanzel

glockmail
07-27-2007, 06:40 AM
...... The dog however, we have to go looking for her she never comes to the door when we come home. .....

..... That's odd behavior for a dog. She may need more attention.

red states rule
07-27-2007, 06:43 AM
That's odd behavior for a dog. She may need more attention.

maybe she is out with her boyfriend

glockmail
07-27-2007, 06:48 AM
maybe she is out with her boyfriend You can tell a lot from that dog's eyes. She's lonely or misses someone. Cats, on the other hand, with their evil goat-slit eyes, you can't tell a thing.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/Thetonguecrop.jpg

red states rule
07-27-2007, 06:51 AM
You can tell a lot from that dog's eyes. She's lonely or misses someone. Cats, on the other hand, with their evil goat-slit eyes, you can't tell a thing.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z256/glockmail/Thetonguecrop.jpg

Sizing up the buffet?

Trinity
07-27-2007, 06:55 AM
That's odd behavior for a dog. She may need more attention.

Actually she is not your typical dog....we found her this past February during an ice storm someone dumped her off, we live in the country so we see that a lot. We think who ever owned her before abused her because when we first took her in she was always shaking and if you walked up on her to fast or raised your hand up by her she would cower like she was afraid she was going to get hit. She would never play or even act like a normal dog. We have gotten her to come around a lot since we first took her in she is more playful now and no longer cowers when you come up on her or raise your hand up by her.

She never barks either I have heard her bark maybe twice and the first time she ever barked was probably about 3 months after we found her we were all sitting in the kitchen and my boy's were a couple of houses down playing with the neighbor kid's, we heard Chocolate start barking and we all looked at each other and was like she's barking! We go into the living room and she is at the window and she runs over to the door the same time my oldest and the neighbor kid come running into the house to tell me that my youngest got hit in the head with a rock and he was bleeding and she takes off out the door and runs over to my youngest and stands there with him looking to make sure we were coming.

red states rule
07-27-2007, 06:57 AM
It is a shame people dump or mistreat them

All my cats are strays - some dumped, other kittens born to a stray

Trinity
07-27-2007, 07:03 AM
It is a shame people dump or mistreat them

All my cats are strays - some dumped, other kittens born to a stray

Yeah I know we see a lot of that around here too. My neighbors have 5 dogs and 4 cats and all but 1 were dumped off here and they took them in.

I think people get them when they are babies because aw they are so cute and then they get older and they get tired of them, there not so cute anymore, so they dump them off. People need to realize when you take on a pet you need to be ready to commit to that pet for the duration of their life.

red states rule
07-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Yeah I know we see a lot of that around here too. My neighbors have 5 dogs and 4 cats and all but 1 were dumped off here and they took them in.

I think people get them when they are babies because aw they are so cute and then they get older and they get tired of them, there not so cute anymore, so they dump them off. People need to realize when you take on a pet you need to be ready to commit to that pet for the duration of their life.

With me, it is a lifetime promise to love and care for them

They are a pain in the ass sometimes - but they are worth it

How can you be mad with cats like these?

diuretic
07-27-2007, 10:30 AM
I once offered my services as a volunteer with the RSPCA here (I'm a Life Member) but the general manager told me I'd end up in prison for belting the living daylights out of the first person I investigated for animal curelty. I took the hint.

glockmail
07-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Actually she is not your typical dog....we found her this past February during an ice storm someone dumped her off, we live in the country so we see that a lot. We think who ever owned her before abused her because when we first took her in she was always shaking and if you walked up on her to fast or raised your hand up by her she would cower like she was afraid she was going to get hit. She would never play or even act like a normal dog. We have gotten her to come around a lot since we first took her in she is more playful now and no longer cowers when you come up on her or raise your hand up by her.

She never barks either I have heard her bark maybe twice and the first time she ever barked was probably about 3 months after we found her we were all sitting in the kitchen and my boy's were a couple of houses down playing with the neighbor kid's, we heard Chocolate start barking and we all looked at each other and was like she's barking! We go into the living room and she is at the window and she runs over to the door the same time my oldest and the neighbor kid come running into the house to tell me that my youngest got hit in the head with a rock and he was bleeding and she takes off out the door and runs over to my youngest and stands there with him looking to make sure we were coming.

I had a feeling that she might have been abused based on the look in her eyes and your earlier post. You appear to be doing the right thing; with continued love and attention and respect she'll come around.

I've always been of the understanding that dogs who bark all the time are immature. (Sort of like some of the younger posters around here.) An intelligent dog should reserve the bark for when it is necessary, and your's did exactly that. The event that you described also indicates that she is watchful of your kids and that is a very good thing.

diuretic
07-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Glock - I can't rep you (system won't let me). If I may so so, excellent posts.

But you were kidding about the cat's eyes right? The eyes are part of their imperious charm. :D

glockmail
07-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Glock - I can't rep you (system won't let me). If I may so so, excellent posts.

But you were kidding about the cat's eyes right? The eyes are part of their imperious charm. :D
Thanks, but have you ever known be not to be completely serious? :laugh2:

red states rule
07-27-2007, 07:28 PM
I once offered my services as a volunteer with the RSPCA here (I'm a Life Member) but the general manager told me I'd end up in prison for belting the living daylights out of the first person I investigated for animal curelty. I took the hint.

With me they would have a hard time finding the body

Here is one asshole I would love to get my hands on

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291090,00.html

diuretic
07-28-2007, 02:16 AM
What a dirty bastard. Good though, the Suffolk Co PD detectives working with SPCA, should see pricks like this going to prison for a good stretch.

red states rule
07-28-2007, 03:37 AM
What a dirty bastard. Good though, the Suffolk Co PD detectives working with SPCA, should see pricks like this going to prison for a good stretch.

Prison is to good for them.

darin
12-01-2007, 04:24 PM

A few months later, I CAN imagine it, because I'm there right now. Poor Mike. :(

waterrescuedude2000
12-14-2007, 02:44 AM
But I cant have them as I am allergic to them. My friend has them and every time I go over there I get a really stuffy nose and can't stop sneezing.

red states rule
12-14-2007, 06:43 AM
But I cant have them as I am allergic to them. My friend has them and every time I go over there I get a really stuffy nose and can't stop sneezing.

That is a shame. Cats are the best pets (IMO) you can have

retiredman
12-14-2007, 10:07 AM
I told you before that cats are simply waiting around for the day that you stroke out and can't defend yourself. Then they will descend on you and feed. I can see it in their evil little slit eyes. I've only got one of the little bastards and he takes a taste out of me whenever he gets the chance. And I rescued his sorry ass twice now. Once as an abandoned kitten with an intestine full of worms and the second time last month with his tail run over by a car and a mangled foot. $750 and three weeks later he's back to biting me in the leg. Damn stubby-tailed mutant he is.

your cat sounds like a find judge of character!:laugh2:

glockmail
12-15-2007, 10:47 AM
your cat sounds like a find judge of character!:laugh2:
Must be a slow day in blissful metroplitan backwoods Maine.

red states rule
12-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Must be a slow day in blissful metroplitan backwoods Maine.

Slow like his "brain"

Back to the thread topic

glockmail
12-16-2007, 07:58 AM
Slow like his "brain"

Back to the thread topic
I think HFM deserves some major neg rep due to:
1. Coming into a thread soley in attempt to belittle a member;
2. off topic;
3. :lame2: insult.

red states rule
12-16-2007, 08:02 AM
I think HFM deserves some major neg rep due to:
1. Coming into a thread soley in attempt to belittle a member;
2. off topic;
3. :lame2: insult.

Done

glockmail
12-16-2007, 08:15 AM
Done Gunny used to call for a "dingathong". I think it is warranted here.

red states rule
12-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Gunny used to call for a "dingathong". I think it is warranted here.

Most of his posts would qualify

Maybe he needs a cat to lower his BP and anger level

glockmail
12-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Most of his posts would qualify

Maybe he needs a cat to lower his BP and anger level He has four of the little bastrad, and is planning on de-clawing them and moving to Mexico. What a terrible thing to do!

glockmail
12-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Done
Ding 2 accomplished. :salute:

red states rule
12-16-2007, 08:24 AM
He has four of the little bastrad, and is planning on de-clawing them and moving to Mexico. What a terrible thing to do!

All of mine are declawed. They are fine

When is he going to Mexico - does he need a ride to the airport?

glockmail
12-16-2007, 08:29 AM
All of mine are declawed. They are fine

When is he going to Mexico - does he need a ride to the airport?

No wonder they look so pissed off. Mine's a vicious predator.

One we get his ass in Mexico he'll find out that the US ain't such a bad place after all. My guess is he'll come back crying, soon after his first "shakedown" with the local protection organization.

Cheyenne
12-16-2007, 08:49 AM
...... If they see a hand out from under the covers, they start lickin'. Most-any-skin, really, is fair game to them. GODFORBID if they see you open an eye!! Then they are in your face!
Mike likes to lay on top of Mary - facing her, with his paws tween her bewbs - What guy wouldnt? right? It's funny how some of these animals act.
The first time I had this happen was with a cat named Blackbeard. I came out of a deep sleep thinking something was VERY wrong as I couldn't breath right.
Now P. Bear does. She likes her hind quarters being shook before settling down to bedtime. Picture those old ads with women on those fat-reducing machines with the belts. She's dirty white with grey ears & tail; blue eyes.

red states rule
12-16-2007, 08:55 AM
No wonder they look so pissed off. Mine's a vicious predator.

One we get his ass in Mexico he'll find out that the US ain't such a bad place after all. My guess is he'll come back crying, soon after his first "shakedown" with the local protection organization.

Looked pissed off? These cats are very spoiled, and very happy

Of course MM could solve oir illegal immigration problem. He will go to Mexico, tell everybody he runs into what a rotten place America is, and perhaps nobody will want to come here

glockmail
12-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Looked pissed off? These cats are very spoiled, and very happy

Of course MM could solve oir illegal immigration problem. He will go to Mexico, tell everybody he runs into what a rotten place America is, and perhaps nobody will want to come here

Cats are happiest when they are hunting for mice, birds, frogs and snakes.

Good idea about HFM. Lets get him over there ASAP!

red states rule
12-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Cats are happiest when they are hunting for mice, birds, frogs and snakes.

Good idea about HFM. Lets get him over there ASAP!

Mine are happist when they are getting their attention - and when they hear me opening their canned cat food

glockmail
12-18-2007, 06:36 AM
Mine are happist when they are getting their attention - and when they hear me opening their canned cat food

Mine eats dry food- Dental Diet. We go away on weekend routinely and leave him a big ol' bowl. He comes and goes through the dog door at will, and hunts down by the creek. He also been seen crawling up through street drains, so he must be venturing through the draiange system in the 'hood. I'd like to have a "cat cam" on him someday.

red states rule
12-18-2007, 06:39 AM
Mine eats dry food- Dental Diet. We go away on weekend routinely and leave him a big ol' bowl. He comes and goes through the dog door at will, and hunts down by the creek. He also been seen crawling up through street drains, so he must be venturing through the draiange system in the 'hood. I'd like to have a "cat cam" on him someday.

I give them both dry and wet. They do eat an even balance of both. Mine are never let outside

They are so spoiled they would freak after a few minutes

glockmail
12-18-2007, 07:01 AM
I give them both dry and wet. They do eat an even balance of both. Mine are never let outside

They are so spoiled they would freak after a few minutes When we leave for a week vacation our neighbors stop in and feed the little bastard. When we get back he's a little pissed off. He misses us but freaks out on car rides, and sure enough will look like an idiot on skis.

red states rule
12-18-2007, 07:05 AM
When we leave for a week vacation our neighbors stop in and feed the little bastard. When we get back he's a little pissed off. He misses us but freaks out on car rides, and sure enough will look like an idiot on skis.

Same with mine. When I get home they all circle me like they are in attack mode. When i sit down they jump on me wanting their attention

When I take any of them to the vet, they give out the high pitched screams all they there and back

glockmail
12-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Same with mine. When I get home they all circle me like they are in attack mode. When i sit down they jump on me wanting their attention

When I take any of them to the vet, they give out the high pitched screams all they there and back
Mine pukes and shits himself when he's in the car.

red states rule
12-18-2007, 07:21 AM
Mine pukes and shits himself when he's in the car.

None of that with mine. Just the whining - almost like they are Demacats