PDA

View Full Version : Mislaid

Elessar
09-02-2016, 09:36 PM
This one is going to be funny

What items do people mislay? I see the comics about 'Where are my car keys'...
'where is my wallet'....silly....mine are always in the same place.

I have 8 box / razor knives and can only find 1:laugh:

Let's see what the forum offers.

Drummond
09-03-2016, 02:31 AM
I keep mislaying biro pens ..

I bought a pack of 10 several weeks ago. I'm now down to 2 ...

Bilgerat
09-03-2016, 07:58 AM
I know I had a bunch of these

Damned if I can find one :laugh2:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_05_2010/post-5172-1273904887.jpg

Elessar
09-03-2016, 11:48 AM

Ah! The souvenir Government pen! When I cleaned out lockers in the Gym
I always found half a dozen at least!

My desk was never lacking for pens!:laugh:

NightTrain
09-03-2016, 01:44 PM
I always know where my keys are... hanging right behind me on the key rack next to the sliding door. That's also where I keep my snips in their pouch, so l always know where they are, too.

Phone stays within reach 24/7, usually in a pocket.

The one thing that eludes me is my 10" bastard file. I have it in a certain pocket in my toolbag, and it's sticking up higher than anything else - and yet, whenever I go to get it when I'm working, the damn thing is never there. The next time I go back to my bag, it's right where it should be. It drives me nuts.

Has to be mischievous leprechauns.

aboutime
09-03-2016, 02:26 PM

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_05_2010/post-5172-1273904887.jpg

Bilgerat. SO DID I. Problem was. As a radioman who answered the RADIO door often aboard ship. Most of the officers who came to get their traffic, had to sign for whatever they got, and they borrowed DOZENS of pens....that they never returned????

I also learned from an FBI agent who was giving one of many POLYGRAPH tests to all of us. When they ask "HAVE YOU EVER KNOWINGLY STOLEN ANYTHING?" The answer for us, always had to be "YES....Navy pens!" :laugh:

Perianne
09-03-2016, 03:00 PM
The one thing that eludes me is my 10" bastard file.

I am curious how you might know that your file's parents were not married? :)

SassyLady
09-03-2016, 09:38 PM
I used to walk from room to room looking for my reading glasses and it drove me nuts. So, I bought 2 pairs for each room, 2 for purse, 2 for car and a few more that I keep stored away. Now, the only time I can't find a pair of glasses where they should be is when they're on my head already.
:laugh2:

NightTrain
09-04-2016, 10:31 AM
I am curious how you might know that your file's parents were not married? :)

Well... it's a type of file, very rough. But when I'm getting frustrated while looking for something, there's a whole lot of things that become Bastards!

NightTrain
09-04-2016, 10:34 AM
I used to walk from room to room looking for my reading glasses and it drove me nuts. So, I bought 2 pairs for each room, 2 for purse, 2 for car and a few more that I keep stored away. Now, the only time I can't find a pair of glasses where they should be is when they're on my head already.
:laugh2:

Ah yes, been there. I can see up close perfectly, but anything more than say 10' is blurry.... and that makes it hard as hell to find my glasses again.

Many is the time I searched a room to find them on top of my head.