PDA

View Full Version : Greta Van Susteren to leave Fox News after 14 years

jimnyc
09-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Gretchen Carlson has already settled for $20 million dollars!! And now Van Susteren is bailing.

-----

Greta Van Susteren will depart Fox News after 14 years with the network, Fox News announced Tuesday morning.

Brit Hume will take over as the new host of "On the Record."

“We are grateful for Greta's many contributions over the years and wish her continued success," Fox News co-presidents Jack Abernethy and Bill Shine said in a statement.

Abernethy and Shine added: "As one of the best political analysts in the industry, Brit is the ideal choice to host a nightly political program while the most dynamic and captivating election in recent history unfolds. Having Brit at the helm of this show will enable Fox News to continue on track to have its highest-rated year ever as the network dominates the cable news landscape."

Hume previously anchored "Special Report," the network's flagship weekly political news show. He retired as the show's host in 2008 and transitioned to senior political analyst.

Hume said in a statement that he was "happy to take on" his new assignment during this "extraordinary election."

"My Fox News colleagues have set a high standard for political coverage which I'll do my best to uphold," he said. "I'm honored to be asked."

http://www.businessinsider.com/greta-van-susteren-leaves-fox-news-2016-9

Kathianne
09-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Perhaps she legally needed time off the air, to take a new position. If Trump doesn't win, lots of noise he will join Ailes in setting up his own news network.

jimnyc
09-06-2016, 01:13 PM
Perhaps she legally needed time off the air, to take a new position. If Trump doesn't win, lots of noise he will join Ailes in setting up his own news network.

Gotta wonder though, was there any similar involvement with Greta and Roger? All the timing seems weird.

And if he loses, he should look at "OWN". Fellow billionaire Oprah Winfrey did similar and I can't think of a single show from her network. People want the news, or the entertainment, and couldn't care less who owns the channel!

Kathianne
09-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Gotta wonder though, was there any similar involvement with Greta and Roger? All the timing seems weird.

And if he loses, he should look at "OWN". Fellow billionaire Oprah Winfrey did similar and I can't think of a single show from her network. People want the news, or the entertainment, and couldn't care less who owns the channel!

She totally said that her personal experience was not like Carlson's. She said that if it were true, she wouldn't work there. I find it hard to believe that any of the folks that had been at FOX for years could not have been aware of what was going on. For months now it has been coming out just how bad the behavior of Ailes was.

There are links within this from many of the 'drips' that have come out:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/fox-news-settles-with-gretchen-carlson-for-20-million

hjmick
09-06-2016, 02:02 PM
She wants to spend more time with her Scientologists...

Either that or she's pissed that she's the only woman Ailes didn't hit on... Hell, rumor has it Ailes even hit on Shep... <joke>

SassyLady
09-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Her husband said there is lots of chaos behind the scenes since Ailes left. She says she doesn't know where she'll land and that she had not been negotiating with another network. Sounds like she used the "key man clause". Perhaps she tried to renegotiate contract and it went nowhere so she had to go now ... time limit on exercising the clause.

I like her and would rather listen to her than Brit Hume. Can't stand O'Reilly or Hannity anymore.

Just hope she doesn't end up on one of the NBC shows.

aboutime
09-06-2016, 07:21 PM
As a Lawyer. Greta was probably reaching the boiling point with Hillary, and the FBI looking the other way on the Email Server, and Classified markings.

Even lawyers sometimes have to face the truth about fellow lawyers being LIARS, and CROOKS. Both of which are the Unquestionable Qualifications of HILLARY, and BUBBA.

Perianne
09-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Van Susteren was essentially fired.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/06/media/greta-van-susteren-leaving-fox-news/index.html

SassyLady
09-08-2016, 01:51 AM
Van Susteren was essentially fired.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/06/media/greta-van-susteren-leaving-fox-news/index.html

I disagree. I've been in positions before where I gave a two week notice and my boss decided that that would be my last day there. When you have a lot of influence both internally and externally sometimes it's just better. Especially, if you are resigning because you just don't want to be there anymore. Greta had already said she was resigning, but was going to give the network time to find a replacement.

Just because the boss decides to accept your resignation immediately does not mean you were fired. It's just SOP.