PDA

View Full Version : Anjem Choudary gets 5 years in prison!

jimnyc
09-06-2016, 02:42 PM
It couldn't have happened to a nicer scumbag!! And he supports Isis and many support him.

What's your thoughts, Drummond ?

-----

A British court has sentenced radical cleric Anjem Choudary, former spokesman for the pro-Sharia Islam4UK movement, to five years behind bars for encouraging support for ISIS -- prompting cheers of "Allahu Akbar" from supporters.

London-born Choudary, 49, and Islamic preacher Mohammed Mizanur Rahman, 33 and also a London native, were convicted at the end of July.

According to a release from Scotland Yard, the two "invited support for a proscribed terrorist organisation, namely ISIL, also known as ISIS or the Islamic State, contrary to section 12 of the Terrorism Act 2000" between June 29, 2014, and March 6, 2015.

Both received sentences of five years and six months in prison, with 15-year notification orders.

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2016/09/06/5-years-behind-bars-for-infamous-uk-hate-preacher-who-pledged-isis-support/

Drummond
09-06-2016, 05:56 PM
I was in two minds about posting my own thread on this.

My thoughts ? I'm sure many here could predict them ! Good that he's been jailed ... though the sentence is pitifully inadequate. Even by British law standards, our media predicted that Choudary could've received up to a ten year sentence (also pitifully inadequate).

Choudary was apparently a thorn in our police's side for a good many years. He had training in British law, which allowed him to pick and choose his words and actions with some precision, to stay - technically - on the 'right' side of our laws. So it was that the police were happy to deal with him, but never QUITE had the grounding to do so .. until fairly recently. Choudary over-reached himself and went too far. His provable support for ISIS and his acts in getting others radicalised finally pushed him into 'arrestable' status, and our police caught up with him.

The BBC - ever 'politically correct' - wasn't shy about giving him a media platform. He repeatedly appeared on a Sunday morning discussion programme called 'The Big Questions'. When the BBC wanted 'an Islamic point of view' for its audience, he was accepted as a voice for it, and given freedom to express his views as he felt fit. That wasn't the end of it ... he was on other programmes too, such as 'Newsnight' (BBC2 late evening news-in-depth programme). Even on the eve of sentencing, Channel 4 saw fit to record an interview with Choudary, where he again could express his case as freely and slickly as he felt like doing. This they've screened, in full.

I know the US is also familiar with him. I've seen Hannity's interview with Choudary ... one where, for once, Hannity meted out to Choudary the kind of hostile media exposure he truly deserved.

I've given Choudary several mentions myself on this forum. Jafar (remember him ?) insisted that Choudary wasn't for real, that he had to be a MI5 'stooge' existing to discredit Islam. I wonder if he's aware of Choudary's sentence today ?

Here's one of Choudary's appearances on Newsnight. He argues slickly ... but also goes some way to exposing his true, terrorist-friendly thinking. Needless to say, as it's a BBC interview, it's all done in such a way as to inject a pro-Muslim 'PC' side to it all. Watch the interview, folks, and you'll see what I mean ... something the BBC always seeks to do, and does, relentlessly ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXBANdZ6nsY

jimnyc
09-06-2016, 06:26 PM
There's a reason they don't let me make any rules or laws, but if I could, this scumbag would be in prison for life. His goal is to incite and recruit and show support for groups like Isis and/or anything else that would lead to world domination for the muslims.

aboutime
09-06-2016, 07:14 PM
I was in two minds about posting my own thread on this.

My thoughts ? I'm sure many here could predict them ! Good that he's been jailed ... though the sentence is pitifully inadequate. Even by British law standards, our media predicted that Choudary could've received up to a ten year sentence (also pitifully inadequate).

Choudary was apparently a thorn in our police's side for a good many years. He had training in British law, which allowed him to pick and choose his words and actions with some precision, to stay - technically - on the 'right' side of our laws. So it was that the police were happy to deal with him, but never QUITE had the grounding to do so .. until fairly recently. Choudary over-reached himself and went too far. His provable support for ISIS and his acts in getting others radicalised finally pushed him into 'arrestable' status, and our police caught up with him.

The BBC - ever 'politically correct' - wasn't shy about giving him a media platform. He repeatedly appeared on a Sunday morning discussion programme called 'The Big Questions'. When the BBC wanted 'an Islamic point of view' for its audience, he was accepted as a voice for it, and given freedom to express his views as he felt fit. That wasn't the end of it ... he was on other programmes too, such as 'Newsnight' (BBC2 late evening news-in-depth programme). Even on the eve of sentencing, Channel 4 saw fit to record an interview with Choudary, where he again could express his case as freely and slickly as he felt like doing. This they've screened, in full.

I know the US is also familiar with him. I've seen Hannity's interview with Choudary ... one where, for once, Hannity meted out to Choudary the kind of hostile media exposure he truly deserved.

I've given Choudary several mentions myself on this forum. Jafar (remember him ?) insisted that Choudary wasn't for real, that he had to be a MI5 'stooge' existing to discredit Islam. I wonder if he's aware of Choudary's sentence today ?

Here's one of Choudary's appearances on Newsnight. He argues slickly ... but also goes some way to exposing his true, terrorist-friendly thinking. Needless to say, as it's a BBC interview, it's all done in such a way as to inject a pro-Muslim 'PC' side to it all. Watch the interview, folks, and you'll see what I mean ... something the BBC always seeks to do, and does, relentlessly ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXBANdZ6nsY

SIR Drummond. Great to finally see at least ONE of your wishes, finally come true!:clap:

Drummond
09-06-2016, 08:39 PM
There's a reason they don't let me make any rules or laws, but if I could, this scumbag would be in prison for life. His goal is to incite and recruit and show support for groups like Isis and/or anything else that would lead to world domination for the muslims.

I couldn't agree more.

After Choudary serves his time - AND - maybe it'll be less than the 5 years, if he's given reduced time in prison for good behaviour ? - he'll be free to emerge and try his hand again at 'just barely legal' incitements and recruitment efforts.

He did manage to remain free of police intervention for quite a few years, yet, manage to push his agenda as far as he did. No, 5 years isn't nearly long enough. Choudary will just see all this as a temporary setback, bide his time, and recommence his poisonous rhetoric and activities when he can.

NightTrain
09-06-2016, 09:50 PM
I'm glad he's going to prison, but 5 years seems much too lenient.

As he sits and stews, he'll become much more radicalized. Plus, think about how many unsavory types he's going to influence in there.

Keeping him segregated from the other prisoners would be a wise move indeed on Britain's part.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2016, 06:45 AM

They Should have shot the ffing bastard IMHO.-- -TYR

Noir
09-07-2016, 07:31 AM
Would be interesting to see where the 5 years sentence came from given what he has said. I'd heard the were going back over statements and speeches he'd given over the last 20 years, you'd of thought there was more in that than 5 years worth of sentencing.

Abbey Marie
09-07-2016, 10:19 AM
I'm glad he's going to prison, but 5 years seems much too lenient.

As he sits and stews, he'll become much more radicalized. Plus, think about how many unsavory types he's going to influence in there.

Keeping him segregated from the other prisoners would be a wise move indeed on Britain's part.

Gitmo would be nice...

Drummond
09-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Would be interesting to see where the 5 years sentence came from given what he has said. I'd heard the were going back over statements and speeches he'd given over the last 20 years, you'd of thought there was more in that than 5 years worth of sentencing.

The authorities can only give consideration to anything said by Choudary that was actionable in law. Choudary was a slick and slippery character, with sufficient knowledge of the law to - so he thought - always remain immune from prosecution.

For the most part, he was right.

Drummond
09-07-2016, 07:12 PM
They Should have shot the ffing bastard IMHO.-- -TYR

Totally agree ! Unfortunately, we don't have a death penalty here. Even if a terrorist is extradited, that can only happen if we first receive an assurance that the extraditing power will not apply that penalty .. ever ...

aboutime
09-07-2016, 07:17 PM
Gitmo would be nice...

Abbey. In all fairness. I must disagree. Gitmo should be reserved for Obama, and Hillary, with all of their 5th Amendment, Non-speaking, Liars from the entire Obama administration...and let's not forget ANTHONY WEINER'S Huma! Oh, and let's not forget Debbie Whatshername...Schultz!:laugh:

Elessar
09-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Gitmo would be nice...

I am sure that there are a few bunks open now, thanks to Obama.