PDA

View Full Version : Cynthia McKinney Makes Green Party Overtures

stephanie
07-25-2007, 08:42 PM
:poke::coffee:

SNIP:

By Matthew Cardinale, News Editor and National Correspondent, The Atlanta Progressive News (July 24, 2007)

(APN) ATLANTA – "Run, Cynthia run!" chanted enthusiastic Green Party members and leaders at the Green Party National Meeting for 2007 in Reading, Pennsylvania, on July 15, 2007, according to video footage obtained by Atlanta Progressive News.

"If not us, who? If not now, when?" asked one Green Party activist in attendance after a screening of the movie American Blackout.

"It is us and the time is now," former US Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) replied.

How would progressive Democrats in Congress respond to a McKinney-Nader 2008 ticket, another attendee asked.

"That would have a potential of shaking up a whole lot, a lot... I’m ready to join with folks who are ready to ratchet it up a little bit more. Let’s shake it up!" McKinney said.

"I think we need a slate of fresh faces to run and win at all levels and then you’re really talking about some change," McKinney said.

"The situation in Black America is desperate. The political equation has not addressed the real quality of life issues in Black America."

"That’s where you guys come in. Change the very calculus," McKinney told Green members.

"Your platform, your ideals, address those very... quality of life issues... but who knows it in Black America? So we have a lot of work to do just even get the message out," McKinney said.

"It is not acceptable for us to have business as usual anymore... And so, I know you guys are already the choir. So we just got to put me in choir books. Give me a sheet of music so I can sing the song too," McKinney ended her remarks.

McKinney has not yet announced any official candidacy for the Green nomination for US President or any other nomination at this time.

some other goofy stuff and the rest of this article at..
http://www.atlantaprogressivenews.com/news/0200.html

nevadamedic
07-25-2007, 09:39 PM
:poke: