PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks, as a TEAM, may protest anthem

jimnyc
09-08-2016, 02:03 PM
dmp

If they do this, they are forever on my shit list. And if they do, they should then go 0-16

-----

Seahawks players may expand national anthem protest Sunday vs Dolphins

RENTON -- The Seattle Seahawks hope to make a statement in their season-opening matchup versus the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

But some of the players might make a statement before the game even starts.

Following protests by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and Seattle cornerback Jeremy Lane, members of the Seahawks might join together to address the issues that motivated Kaepernick to first sit, then kneel during the playing of the national anthem.

Linebacker Bobby Wagner said Wednesday that the team is considering a show of unity in order to promote justice and equality for all Americans, regardless of skin color.

"Anything that we want to do, it's not going to be individual," Wagner said ahead of practice at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center. "It's going to be a team thing because that's what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals."

Kaepernick sat for the national anthem during the preseason as a way of protesting what he believed to be the unequal treatment of minorities in America -- specifically police brutality against African Americans -- telling NFL Network he refused to "stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppressed black people and people of color."

Lane followed Kaepernick's lead ahead of Seattle's preseason finale versus the Oakland Raiders on Sept. 1, while Kaepernick and teammate Eric Reid amended their protests to kneeling during the national anthem as a sign of respect to the military ahead of the Niners' final preseason game.

http://komonews.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-players-may-expand-national-anthem-protest-sunday-vs-dolphins

GravyBoat
09-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Good for them, they're putting their freedom to use as they see fit, those freedoms aren't free. Freedom comes from fighting and dying on far off battlefields, it has nothing to do with our United States Constitution or anything that happens here at home. Our brave fighting men are fighting and dying in the Middle East in order to advance the Yinon Plan for Greater Israel. Now that's freedom.

:salute:

jimnyc
09-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Good for them, they're putting their freedom to use as they see fit, those freedoms aren't free. Freedom comes from fighting and dying on far off battlefields, it has nothing to do with our United States Constitution or anything that happens here at home. Our brave fighting men are fighting and dying in the Middle East in order to advance the Yinon Plan for Greater Israel. Now that's freedom.

:salute:

I just hope they get repercussions as a result. Now THAT freedom would be cool. IMO, they're jumping on millions unnecessarily, and not just those alive and recently killed, but also throughout American history. Simply put, find other ways to protest. IMO, this is stupid.

jimnyc
09-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Maybe I've read into things wrong, and maybe his desire to "honor the flag" will be appropriate.

Doug Baldwin tweets Seahawks will have 'pregame demonstration of unity'

Doug Baldwin (AP)

So we know one thing for sure: before the Seattle Seahawks play their season opener against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, all players will be taking part in something, some expression done en masse.

As to what they have planned, that’s a mystery.

Receiver Doug Baldwin tweeted this somewhat cryptic message on Thursday afternoon:

To express a desire to bring people together, our team will honor the country and flag in a pregame demonstration of unity

There has been talk this week from Baldwin and teammate Bobby Wagner that Seahawks players have discussed joining teammate Jeremy Lane in protest of the national anthem; last week, Lane sat during the anthem, following the lead of San Francisco’s Colin Kaepernick (Kaepernick’s 49ers teammate Eric Reed also took a knee last week).

According to the Seattle Times, on Wednesday Wagner said nothing had been decided, but whatever was done, the Seahawks would do as a team: “That’s what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/doug-baldwin-tweets-seahawks-will-have-pregame-demonstration-of-unity-205247216.html

Noir
09-08-2016, 05:43 PM
the team is considering a show of unity in order to promote justice and equality for all Americans, regardless of skin color.

Justice and equality for all?
How dare they.
Good honest decent hardworking Americans won't stand for that, no sir!

jimnyc
09-08-2016, 05:49 PM
How dare they.

Who said otherwise about that statement? I'll save you the time, NO ONE DID.

They can surely do so without purposely disrespecting the flag. Hell, they can buy a commercial, or an entire news slot!! But some choose this route. Those angry said NOTHING about being upset with "justice" and what not.

hjmick
09-08-2016, 06:10 PM
How dare they.

Ah yes, the voice of the terminally naïve... Or is it the naivete of youth speaking?

The majority of Americans do indeed believe in justice and equality for all. The flip side of that is that the majority of Americans don't appreciate the disrespecting of the national anthem or the flag. This is something many athletes and entertainers don't think about when they engage in these ineffective "protests". They think their influence is greater than it is, they believe all of their fans think as they do. The height of conceit if you ask me. The reality with protesting the way Kaepernick, and others, have chosen is, it won't make a difference. Nothing will change. He's doing nothing to bring more attention to the issue. He's doing nothing to help the problem. All he is doing is pissing off certain fans. These fans in turn will choose to protest his actions in a way that is truly effective, with their money.

On the other hand, I hear his jersey is selling quite well. The questions I have are: Are the buyers burning these jersey's? Are the buyer's making the purchase as a show of support? How will this translate in ticket sales?

Personally? I don't give a flying rhinoceros shit what he does. He's a mediocre quarterback at this juncture, collecting splinters in his ass. Hell, he's not even original. Other athletes have chosen to sit through the anthem in the past, and I'm sure they'll do it in the future.

jimnyc
09-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Ah yes, the voice of the terminally naïve... Or is it the naivete of youth speaking?

The majority of Americans do indeed believe in justice and equality for all. The flip side of that is that the majority of Americans don't appreciate the disrespecting of the national anthem or the flag. This is something many athletes and entertainers don't think about when they engage in these ineffective "protests". They think their influence is greater than it is, they believe all of their fans think as they do. The height of conceit if you ask me. The reality with protesting the way Kaepernick, and others, have chosen is, it won't make a difference. Nothing will change. He's doing nothing to bring more attention to the issue. He's doing nothing to help the problem. All he is doing is pissing off certain fans. These fans in turn will choose to protest his actions in a way that is truly effective, with their money.

On the other hand, I hear his jersey is selling quite well. The questions I have are: Are the buyers burning these jersey's? Are the buyer's making the purchase as a show of support? How will this translate in ticket sales?

Personally? I don't give a flying rhinoceros shit what he does. He's a mediocre quarterback at this juncture, collecting splinters in his ass. Hell, he's not even original. Other athletes have chosen to sit through the anthem in the past, and I'm sure they'll do it in the future.

Well said, well said. Many act as if we have no justice system and none of us believe in justice. Since this all started, I don't know of anyone talking smack about justice or whatever his end goal is. Everyone I know of are angry about the flag and the anthem. His message is being lost in the controversy.

aboutime
09-08-2016, 07:31 PM
I know I've probably said it many times before. And, I can almost bet, every other American Veteran on this board, or those who haven't come here....MUTUALLY believe, the disrespect now being shown under the guise of PROTEST for the treatment of Black Americans.....will eventually BACKFIRE.

Every veteran, retired, reserve, and on Active Duty in all of the Armed Forces of the USA, plus the many MILLIONS who have given their lives for this nation....ALL DO/DID SO to allow even the disrespectful Americans who today to SPEAK without retribution.

But...the difference is. NONE OF US, as VETERANS, OR ACTIVE DUTY...likewise HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK AGAINST THE STUPIDITY, AND IGNORANCE the uneducated Americans so proudly display.

Little-Acorn
09-08-2016, 08:35 PM
Seahawks, as a TEAM, may protest anthem

Kick them out of the NFL.

Let them go form their own league, maybe the WFL (Whiners Football League), pronounced "awful". They certainly have a right to do that.

How could they possibly bear to be a part of something called the **NATIONAL** Football League, after all?

As I said previously about Colin Whatsisname, will they all protest the huge income gap between rich and poor, by giving up their multi-million dollar paychecks and playing for minimum wage instead?

It's not like they are actually producing anything useful. No 5-yard gain ever fed a homeless child, after all.

These whiners have a greatly exaggerated sense of their own importance.

I see no reason to watch these whiners play. I hope most football fans share that view... and the League takes notice of tumbling ratings and advertising income for the teams OR individuals who do that.

Noir
09-08-2016, 11:51 PM
They can surely do so without purposely disrespecting the flag

Seems these players care more about the message of justice and equality than 'purposefully disrespecting the flag'. Tough choice I know :rolleyes:

will they all protest the huge income gap between rich and poor, by giving up their multi-million dollar paychecks and playing for minimum wage instead?

It's not like they are actually producing anything useful. No 5-yard gain ever fed a homeless child, after all.

I am not aware of the charitable contributions of the players involved, in either money or time, are all of them doing nothing? And in any case, the argument for inequality can either be dismissed as 'bitterness' or 'hypocrisy' depending on which side of the wage gap you fall under.

Little-Acorn
09-09-2016, 12:13 AM
Seems these players care more about the message of justice and equality than 'purposefully disrespecting the flag'.

TRANSLATION: If the U.S. isn't 100.000000000000% perfect in every possible race-relation situation, it ain't worth shit.

I've had it up to here with millions of people working their asses off the ensure perfect equality in race relations, only to hear some whiny, overpaid entertainers sulk that the U.S. doesn't even deserve its anthem to be respected.

If they don't like the terrific progress this country has made, they can go to any other country on the planet and see if it's any better. (HINT: They will find it's much worse.) If all they want to do is sit around and squall about something they don't even know the details of, the hell with them.

Abbey Marie
09-09-2016, 12:17 AM
GREAT post, LA.

:clap:

Noir
09-09-2016, 05:01 AM
Oh sorry, I forgot that if things aren't as bad as they use to be then you shouldn't strive to make things better still. You just have to sit down, shut up, and be thankful that things could be worse.

Perianne
09-09-2016, 05:21 AM
Oh sorry, I forgot that if things aren't as bad as they use to be then you shouldn't strive to make things better still. You just have to sit down, shut up, and be thankful that things could be worse.

None of this is about black lives mattering. It is about who is taking the blacks' lives. If Kaepernig and the BLMs want to protest against the ones taking the most black lives, let them march themselves through Chicago's south side. Then many Americans would respect them.

All of this protesting crap is just to draw more attention to themselves, a need which indicates a severe flaw in their kind.

Noir
09-09-2016, 07:22 AM
None of this is about black lives mattering. It is about who is taking the blacks' lives. If Kaepernig and the BLMs want to protest against the ones taking the most black lives, let them march themselves through Chicago's south side. Then many Americans would respect them.

All of this protesting crap is just to draw more attention to themselves, a need which indicates a severe flaw in their kind.

See any desire to discuss a topic with you evaporates when comments like "severe flaw in their kind" are made. Have a bad day.

Elessar
09-09-2016, 09:09 AM
I know of at least one NFL Team, that as a unit, donates time, effort, and money
to various charities, organizations, and military families in their locale.

Black players, white players...all of them. Redskins as a team make efforts.

Kapernick is a spoiled ass, average at best as a QB, and a $11.7 million liability to
the 49er's.

aboutime
09-09-2016, 07:33 PM
TRANSLATION: If the U.S. isn't 100.000000000000% perfect in every possible race-relation situation, it ain't worth shit.

I've had it up to here with millions of people working their asses off the ensure perfect equality in race relations, only to hear some whiny, overpaid entertainers sulk that the U.S. doesn't even deserve its anthem to be respected.

If they don't like the terrific progress this country has made, they can go to any other country on the planet and see if it's any better. (HINT: They will find it's much worse.) If all they want to do is sit around and squall about something they don't even know the details of, the hell with them.

Elessar. Something I've never been able to understand about all of this INJUSTICE, and terrible RACE RELATIONS BAITING from certain Americans is...IF THINGS ARE REALLY AS BAD as the Spoiled Brat, Rich kids, making millions for playing a game say it is here in America.

WHY do they stay here in this country, when they should be paying their way to finding the PERFECT PLACE where THEY CAN ENJOY FREEDOM, LIBERTY, and RIGHTS...???

Wait a second.......They have NO IDEA WHY they are complaining, and literally should STFU!

Elessar
09-09-2016, 10:11 PM
Elessar. Something I've never been able to understand about all of this INJUSTICE, and terrible RACE RELATIONS BAITING from certain Americans is...IF THINGS ARE REALLY AS BAD as the Spoiled Brat, Rich kids, making millions for playing a game say it is here in America.

WHY do they stay here in this country, when they should be paying their way to finding the PERFECT PLACE where THEY CAN ENJOY FREEDOM, LIBERTY, and RIGHTS...???

Wait a second.......They have NO IDEA WHY they are complaining, and literally should STFU!

That is a full line of NO SHIT!:beer:

Perianne
09-09-2016, 11:15 PM
Have a bad day.

Actually, Noir, I have had a good day!

jimnyc
09-10-2016, 12:57 PM
Seems these players care more about the message of justice and equality than 'purposefully disrespecting the flag'. Tough choice I know :rolleyes:

And I agree with them about justice and equality for all. I agree with their message. I disagree with having to disrespect something in order to show their message.

They all CHOOSE to disrespect hundreds of thousands of fallen before them, as a way of saying that folks still aren't treated equally today. Many of those fallen soldiers are black. But don't let that get in the way of some good attention whoring. And they purposely lessen their very message when they choose to mix it with controversy, instead of trying to find ways to maximize ways to get their word out. More folks are now talking about the flag, and who might be kneeling, and I barely see any talk at all about what they apparently are concerned about. They are drawing attention as they stated - drawing attention to themselves and controversy.

They are doing more harm to any cause than help. This kind of stuff only separates people. They can get their message out BETTER and without disrespecting people.

Elessar
09-10-2016, 06:29 PM
See any desire to discuss a topic with you evaporates when comments like "severe flaw in their kind" are made. Have a bad day.

I've got to wonder what a childish little twit like you knows about honor, respect, and loyalty.

Always with the crybaby liberal view, needing to pound your highchair tray with a spoon. That is
exactly what these coddled millionaire celebrities are doing. They are not taking an active role
in real solutions and doing anything to correct what they protest and complain about. Moreover,
they are so ignorant of reality, like you, they could be smacked on the head and no commons sense
would appear.

aboutime
09-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Actually, Noir, I have had a good day!

Perianne. Only those who live a miserable, near life would wish a bad day on someone else.

Noir can't help being arrogant, self-centered, selfish, and obnoxious when it comes to PRETENDING to be knowledgeable. Noir is one of the reasons pencils always needed an eraser, and a bag of rocks struggles to THINK. Imitation is the only form of flattery the Miserable enjoy...when they know others are as miserable as THEY ARE. Right Noir?

Tell us how wonderful your life is, needing to always belittle, or disrespect others you don't know???

jimnyc
09-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Here we go, a decision that was simple, respectful to all AND will get their point across. I was too quick on judging them, I think this is good for everyone. But as I stated, there are less controversial ways for folks to get a message across, and it DOES NOT need to be a way which is disrespectful in order to do so. And like I said, and they now agree on - UNITY.

Hopefully others will get the point, and if they feel they need to protest and get a message across, they were just shown a more proper way to do so.

-----

Mayor Mike Courts of DuPont, a small town outside Seattle, canceled a Seattle Seahawks preseason rally this week because the Seahawks had been discussing what to do for the national anthem before Sunday’s regular-season opener.

That looks silly now.

The Seahawks did discuss what to do as a team, and they settled on interlocking arms and standing during the anthem as a sign of unity, receiver Doug Baldwin said in a Facebook video.

“We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish, and we stand to ensure the riches of freedom and the security of justice for all people,” Baldwin said in the video. “Progress can and will be made only if we stand together.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/seattle-seahawks-announce-their-pregame-unity-plan-for-national-anthem-205821704.html

Elessar
09-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Here we go, a decision that was simple, respectful to all AND will get their point across. I was too quick on judging them, I think this is good for everyone. But as I stated, there are less controversial ways for folks to get a message across, and it DOES NOT need to be a way which is disrespectful in order to do so. And like I said, and they now agree on - UNITY.

“We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish, and we stand to ensure the riches of freedom and the security of justice for all people,” Baldwin said in the video. “Progress can and will be made only if we stand together.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/seattle-seahawks-announce-their-pregame-unity-plan-for-national-anthem-205821704.html

Good for Them!

After all, tomorrow is Patriot's Day, the 15th Anniversary of 9/11!

jimnyc
09-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Good for Them!

After all, tomorrow is Patriot's Day, the 15th Anniversary of 9/11!

It's going to be extra disgusting tomorrow for those who disrespect our flag and anthem, knowing that all of these stadiums will be honoring the victims of 9/11. I'll be writing down all of the names I see of those doing so.

aboutime
09-10-2016, 08:11 PM
The Low Mentality, Disrespect, Whining, and Racism has even spread to Local High School football teams who decided to TAKE A KNEE last night. Norfolk, Virginia.
HATRED isn't limited to popular named cities. But STUPIDITY seems to run with DISRESPECT.

http://wavy.com/2016/09/09/maury-high-school-football-players-take-a-knee-during-national-anthem/

Noir
09-11-2016, 04:30 AM
I've got to wonder what a childish little twit like you knows about honor, respect, and loyalty.

You could of directed remarks at the poster here who's making no pretence otherwise of their vile racist views, or ya'know I guess it's more important to focus on myself.
Don't let me stop you crying over your 'flag and anthem being disrespected' like the adult you are. I'm

pete311
09-11-2016, 09:07 AM
When watching the game on TV do you stand for the anthem with hand on heart or remain in your chair sipping a beer?

Elessar
09-11-2016, 09:58 AM
When watching the game on TV do you stand for the anthem with hand on heart or remain in your chair sipping a beer?

Stupid analogy. I always stand whether in a venue or at home. Fly the flag daily unless it is storming outside.
What do you do? Turn your back or (Comment erased)

pete311
09-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Stupid analogy. I always stand whether in a venue or at home. Fly the flag daily unless it is storming outside.
What do you do? Turn your back or (Comment erased)

I've been to dozens of NFL parties and not one person in the room ever has stood up silent with their hand on their heart and that includes veterans. My state and family is also red, do not give me the "I only hang with liberals crap". So good for you, but most of those complaining (maybe not here) don't.

Abbey Marie
09-11-2016, 10:57 AM
I've been to dozens of NFL parties and not one person in the room ever has stood up silent with their hand on their heart and that includes veterans. My state and family is also red, do not give me the "I only hang with liberals crap". So good for you, but most of those complaining (maybe not here) don't.

Thats pretty weak, Pete. Try again.

pete311
09-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Thats pretty weak, Pete. Try again.

So do you stand quiet during every national anthem on TV and put your hand on your heart?

Abbey Marie
09-11-2016, 12:25 PM
So do you stand quiet during every national anthem on TV and put your hand on your heart?

Same thing= still weak.

pete311
09-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Same thing= still weak.

This is weak

Abbey Marie
09-11-2016, 12:47 PM
This is weak

Lol, nice "I'm not, you are" argument. :laugh2:

pete311
09-11-2016, 12:57 PM
Lol, nice "I'm not, you are" argument. :laugh2:

Guess who started it

Abbey Marie
09-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Guess who started it

Now it's "You started it"? What's next, "I'm rubber and you're glue"?

pete311
09-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Now it's "You started it"? What's next, "I'm rubber and you're glue"?

That's it, keep it going, don't post anything of substance now. Careful.

Abbey Marie
09-11-2016, 01:58 PM
That's it, keep it going, don't post anything of substance now. Careful.

http://billzipponbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/mirror-on-face.png

pete311
09-11-2016, 02:02 PM
http://billzipponbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/mirror-on-face.png

Abbey Marie
09-11-2016, 03:17 PM
I've had more fruitful and mature discussions with kindergarten children. Adios.

Elessar
09-11-2016, 03:58 PM

You just keep on with your pathetic childish insults and rhetoric. How is Trolling doing for you?

There is no way to beleive you based on your past comments and insults.

Elessar
09-11-2016, 03:59 PM
I've had more fruitful and mature discussions with kindergarten children. Adios.

Like talking to a cat. All it wants is attention.

Now the weak-kneed Troll wants to take on an Admin with insults?

Laughable.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 03:57 PM

That's because appropriate flag etiquette calls for folks to stand when they are in attendance. Folks at home are not in attendance of the flag. The same is called for with the national anthem, but calls for those "present".

Perianne
09-12-2016, 03:58 PM
That's because appropriate flag etiquette calls for folks to stand when they are in attendance. Folks at home are not in attendance of the flag. The same is called for with the national anthem, but calls for those "present".

Jim, you surely are smart.

pete311
09-12-2016, 06:46 PM

So you only respect the flag and anthem because of some etiquette code? So when not present, you are ok with disrespecting the flag?

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 06:59 PM
So you only respect the flag and anthem because of some etiquette code? So when not present, you are ok with disrespecting the flag?

If not present, then it's not disrespecting the flag to not stand. I am for respecting the flag and anthem at all appropriate times.

aboutime
09-12-2016, 07:24 PM
pete sounds like a fellow member of the SEAHAWKS, and pete is the 12th man. http://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpghttp://icansayit.com/images/troll.jpg

Love American DOLLARS, BUT disrespect AMERICA by demonstrating IGNORANCE IS BLISS

pete311
09-12-2016, 07:36 PM
If not present, then it's not disrespecting the flag to not stand.

How do you come to this conclusion? There is only a code when present, nothing when not present. So you make you own code up. Your choice. Which is more respectful to choose to stand or not stand when not present?

Abbey Marie
09-12-2016, 07:38 PM
How do you come to this conclusion? There is only a code when present, nothing when not present. So you make you own code up. Your choice. Which is more respectful to choose to stand or not stand when not present?

Hey Pete, at home, do you applaud for people on television when they win awards? Did you stand when President Bush entered Congress for the State of the Union? Do you stand when the judge on those TV judge shows enters the courtroom?

aboutime
09-12-2016, 07:40 PM

pete. You should do what Hillary is doing, and get treatment for your ailment before you self-destruct from stupidity.
Please explain to all of us...how you so successfully are able to talk in useless circles, saying nothing, but impressing yourself so well?

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 07:41 PM

Pete, there IS an official flag etiquette for our country. AND and official anthem etiquette. I posted the portions for you about when one is expected to stand. THAT is how I came to that conclusion.

pete311
09-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Hey Pete, at home, do you applaud for people on television when they win awards? Did you stand when President Bush entered Congress for the State of the Union? Do you stand when the judge on those TV judge shows enters the courtroom?

No, but maybe I'd be a better person if I did

pete311
09-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Pete, there IS an official flag etiquette for our country. AND and official anthem etiquette. I posted the portions for you about when one is expected to stand. THAT is how I came to that conclusion.

I read the etiquette. There is nothing it about etiquette when not present. So you make your own ethics.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2016, 07:44 PM
No, but maybe I'd be a better person if I did

You'd be a better person in an asylum. I can just see the guys in Cuckoo's Nest doing this. :laugh2:

So, you admit you are the hypocrite..

aboutime
09-12-2016, 07:45 PM
I read the etiquette. There is nothing it about etiquette when not present.

pete.. You are asking basically the same question as this:
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it....does it make a noise?"

Why would ANYONE with a brain....need to know the etiquette needed where a FLAG is alone????

pete311
09-12-2016, 07:47 PM
So, you admit you are the hypocrite..

No because I am not demonizing Kapernick

pete311
09-12-2016, 07:49 PM
pete.. You are asking basically the same question as this:
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it....does it make a noise?"

Why would ANYONE with a brain....need to know the etiquette needed where a FLAG is alone????

Actually it's not at all the same. I also don't understand your last question. What does "need to know the etiquette needed where a FLAG is alone?" mean?

Perianne
09-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Actually it's not at all the same. I also don't understand your last question. What does "need to know the etiquette needed where a FLAG is alone?" mean?

It's like if the ball pent against the reflection but couldn't.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 07:56 PM
I read the etiquette. There is nothing it about etiquette when not present. So you make your own ethics.

It tells you what to do "when in attendance" and the other "when present". So don't play semantics. You're trying to play "gotcha".

Abbey Marie
09-12-2016, 08:00 PM
It tells you what to do "when in attendance" and the other "when present". So don't play semantics. You're trying to play "gotcha".

et·i·quette
/ˈedəkət/
noun

1.the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group.

pete311
09-12-2016, 08:02 PM
It tells you what to do "when in attendance" and the other "when present".
same thing?

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 08:03 PM
same thing?

Bottom line, to appease you - if someone sits at home, they are STILL within guidelines of what the flag and anthem etiquette call for.

pete311
09-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Bottom line, to appease you - if someone sits at home, they are STILL within guidelines of what the flag and anthem etiquette call for.

So you are saying people at home should stand?

The US Flag Code stipulates:
171. Conduct during playing

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.

With all things in life it's about definitions. Are you defining "present" as existing in the same space or in the same time while aware the anthem is happening (aka watching on tv or in the kitchen but can hear)? What about watching a taped anthem?

aboutime
09-12-2016, 08:23 PM
pete. Truth be told. No apologies from me. But..You are an IDIOT!

Bet you would sell your parents down the river just to get some attention.

Come to think of it. YOU are getting all the attention you need from those of us who are laughing at your intentional efforts to demonstrate...how much of an Idiot, you truly are.

So...you win the prize. Hope your misery continues to thrive in being the admitted jerk you want to be.

If anyone wishes to disagree with MY POST, using the Liberal tactic of calling a member names. I would agree...only if it wasn't true.

pete311
09-13-2016, 07:17 AM
pete. Truth be told. No apologies from me. But..You are an IDIOT!

Bet you would sell your parents down the river just to get some attention.

Come to think of it. YOU are getting all the attention you need from those of us who are laughing at your intentional efforts to demonstrate...how much of an Idiot, you truly are.

So...you win the prize. Hope your misery continues to thrive in being the admitted jerk you want to be.

If anyone wishes to disagree with MY POST, using the Liberal tactic of calling a member names. I would agree...only if it wasn't true.

Sad when all you got are insults

aboutime
09-13-2016, 08:58 PM
Sad when all you got are insults

Not sad pete, not when what YOU call insults happen to be FACTUAL TRUTH!