PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson - what is Aleppo?

jimnyc
09-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Good thing someone was on hand to explain it to him!! :)

-----

Thursday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Libertarian Party presidential candidate Gary Johnson was caught dumbfounded when he was asked what he would do about Aleppo, the Syrian city at the heart of nation’s civil war.

“What would you do if you were elected about Aleppo?” MSNBC’s Mike Barnicle asked Johnson.

“And what is Aleppo?” Johnson replied.

Once Johnson determined what Aleppo was, he offered his thoughts on Syria.

“OK, got it,” he said. “Well, with regard to Syria, I do think that it is a mess. I think the only way that we deal with Syria is to join hands with Russia to diplomatically bring that at an end but when we align ourselves with – when we’ve supported the opposition, the Free Syrian Army, the Free Syrian Army coupled with the Islamists and the the fact that we’re also supporting the Kurds and that is, it’s just a mess. And that this is the result of regime change that we end up supporting and inevitably these regime changes have led to a less safe world.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/09/08/libertarian-presidential-hopeful-gary-johnson-aleppo/

Abbey Marie
09-08-2016, 02:59 PM
If I wasn't on my phone, I'd post a "This is your brain on drugs" meme here. :420:

jimnyc
09-08-2016, 03:13 PM
If I wasn't on my phone, I'd post a "This is your brain on drugs" meme here. :420:

Hater!!

https://i.imgur.com/ZO9Xgw0.jpg

Perianne
09-08-2016, 03:17 PM
This was a "gotcha" question, typical of libs. Remember when they asked W something similar?

I would make a great president and I didn't know anything, or ever heard of "Aleppo". It sounds made up. It also sounds like the name of a medication.

I will never vote for Johnson (which is a euphemism for something, but I can't remember what) but not knowing what Aleppo is does not disqualify him from being president.

jimnyc
09-08-2016, 03:32 PM
This was a "gotcha" question, typical of libs. Remember when they asked W something similar?

I would make a great president and I didn't know anything, or ever heard of "Aleppo". It sounds made up. It also sounds like the name of a medication.

I will never vote for Johnson (which is a euphemism for something, but I can't remember what) but not knowing what Aleppo is does not disqualify him from being president.

Of course no DQ. But makes ya wonder about a stoners brain, and what it does to his international knowledge.:)

jimnyc
09-08-2016, 03:53 PM
He just clearly fumbled the question. He may know a little about what's going on, but it was obvious that he was clueless about the name Aleppo when asked.

-----

"If you're elected, what would you do about Aleppo?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOT_BoGpCn4

Kathianne
09-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Tri-lateral agreement anyone? No problems with that. Oh yeah, how was that handled? Ok.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/09/08/johnson-admits-aleppo-remark-was-a-mistake-espouses-honesty/

Johnson Admits 'Aleppo' Remark was a Mistake, Espouses Honesty BY STEPHEN KRUISER (https://pjmedia.com/columnist/stephen-kruiser)SEPTEMBER 8, 2016

Gary Johnson is achieving something that Libertarian candidates for president never get: non-Libertarians are paying attention to him.
With that increased attention comes the kind of scrutiny most Libertarians in the past haven't had to deal with. So when Johnson had his "Rick Perry" moment about Aleppo (https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/09/08/know-nothing-gary-johnson-shocks-msnbc-with-a-blank-stare-what-is-aleppo/), it was news.
Johnson was a guest earlier today on ABC's "The View" and responded to the gaffe in a way that most presidential candidates wouldn't: with a sincere admission of his mistake. No blame on anybody else. No "out of context" nonsense. Just a good, old-fashioned "I screwed up."
Here's a quick clip from the ABC News Twitter feed:

At site

​https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=HBh3aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLnNuYXBweXR2LmNvbS 9pbWFnZS9sZDM2MHAvNzM5cDczOS8yMDE2LTA5LTA4VDE1LTIx LTE3LjU2N1otLTY0MHgzNjAuanBnP2g9Mjc4MDVjZGI5ZDUwM2 Y1Mzk3NDM2YzEyNzYzNmZkNTUUwAcUnAQAFgASAA&s=2ta9-Y_MXe2RpOOd0akJZAUuSgg_qZ9_SOzAOAwUjeI

ABC News Politics
✔@ABCPolitics (https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics)

Gary Johnson on @TheView (https://twitter.com/TheView): If people see Aleppo gaffe as disqualifying, "so be it."

8:35 AM - 8 Sep 2016 (https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/773907627516362754)

jimnyc
09-08-2016, 04:25 PM
I'll be the first here to give him credit for simply being honest, which is cool, and of course a rarity. But his lack of foreign experience/knowledge was showing, and that's something that is huge to many Americans today, especially things involving Isis. I don't want to say disqualifying though, as ALL candidates have and will make mistakes. But yes, sometimes when you make that mistake matters, and also what it's about. How much does this hurt him? Quite frankly I'm not really sure that matters. But I don't think it harms him. He has small numbers but I believe they are solid supporters.

Kathianne
09-08-2016, 04:31 PM
I'll be the first here to give him credit for simply being honest, which is cool, and of course a rarity. But his lack of foreign experience/knowledge was showing, and that's something that is huge to many Americans today, especially things involving Isis. I don't want to say disqualifying though, as ALL candidates have and will make mistakes. But yes, sometimes when you make that mistake matters, and also what it's about. How much does this hurt him? Quite frankly I'm not really sure that matters. But I don't think it harms him. He has small numbers but I believe they are solid supporters.

That's enough for me in this election, honesty. A record of being a successful GOP governor in a blue state. There's much I don't agree with him about, but certainly less than the other two.

jimnyc
09-08-2016, 04:45 PM
That's enough for me in this election, honesty. A record of being a successful GOP governor in a blue state. There's much I don't agree with him about, but certainly less than the other two.

But it comes back to what the article in the other thread was about... are you then OK with losing the SC edge and gun issues, just for starters... others are not willing to give up what will be much more costlier to the nation in the long run. For me, being honest about being a stoner and running a stoner company, and honest that he lacks foreign experience, doesn't give me nearly good reason to lose the supreme court, and also lose guns or get hit with endless gun regulations.

The absolute desire to keep either of the main 2 out of office, will be what likely changes the SC and those gun issues.

The amount of decisions that can be made by the SC over a generation is more than enough for me. Trying to prevent that very court, and Hillary, from making gun grabs, is also enough for me. HER own honesty about such is enough for me. An honest pothead that lacks foreign experience, that won't get the final vote anyway, is not enough for me to toss such things away.

I do give him massive credit for being so honest, but it also exposes a lot. A bit too much for me.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Good thing someone was on hand to explain it to him!! :)

-----

Thursday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Libertarian Party presidential candidate Gary Johnson was caught dumbfounded when he was asked what he would do about Aleppo, the Syrian city at the heart of nation’s civil war.

“What would you do if you were elected about Aleppo?” MSNBC’s Mike Barnicle asked Johnson.

“And what is Aleppo?” Johnson replied.

Once Johnson determined what Aleppo was, he offered his thoughts on Syria.

“OK, got it,” he said. “Well, with regard to Syria, I do think that it is a mess. I think the only way that we deal with Syria is to join hands with Russia to diplomatically bring that at an end but when we align ourselves with – when we’ve supported the opposition, the Free Syrian Army, the Free Syrian Army coupled with the Islamists and the the fact that we’re also supporting the Kurds and that is, it’s just a mess. And that this is the result of regime change that we end up supporting and inevitably these regime changes have led to a less safe world.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/09/08/libertarian-presidential-hopeful-gary-johnson-aleppo/

Hell, everybody knows that Aleppo , is a new cereal.
Great for the munchies, after a night of drinking and smoking da weed. ;)-Tyr

jimnyc
09-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Hell, everybody knows that Aleppo , is a new cereal.
Great for the munchies, after a night of drinking and smoking da weed. ;)-Tyr

I've got no issue at all with Johnson having done his gig with the stoner company, I think that's cool. I just don't think it makes for a good prez. Snoop DoGG lent his name to weed in Denver, and now all kinds of other types of products to go along with it, and he'll probably make more $$$ doing that then he did with the music!! Ok, I have no idea actually, kinda clueless on the finances, but I know they're making some serious money where it's been legalized, and Snoop is loved.

You see them stores now, like when I go to Dunkin Donuts and then the other half is Baskin Robbins. They need to have "Snoop's Strains" (<---I just invented that!) on one side, and just munchies on the other. Guaranteed to sell out nightly. :)

GravyBoat
09-08-2016, 05:27 PM
At least he didn't say dog food. :laugh:

Drummond
09-09-2016, 09:10 AM

It's actually also the name of a soap ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleppo_soap

fj1200
09-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Tri-lateral agreement anyone? No problems with that. Oh yeah, how was that handled? Ok.

Or nuclear triad? But he's still the best of the three. Medved suggested that all heads of the tickets step down. If only... :laugh:

Kathianne
09-09-2016, 09:58 AM
Or nuclear triad? But he's still the best of the three. Medved suggested that all heads of the tickets step down. If only... :laugh:

:laugh2:That's what I was thinking of! Just didn't look it up, but point was made. ;)

If they'd go with the vice presidents, I'd vote for the GOP.

Abbey Marie
09-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Hitler was honest, too. :coffee:

Kathianne
09-10-2016, 06:15 PM

Ok, Abbey. The gist of his propaganda was 'The Big Lie.' Then there was the whole 'non-aggression' stuff too. ;) Kinda reminds one of Putin, the current GOP nominee's bro crush. ;)

Elessar
09-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Easy answer: History and Geography.

Johnson is an idiot. Someone better tell him Guam has not sunken.:laugh:

revelarts
09-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Easy answer: History and Geography.

Johnson is an idiot. Someone better tell him Guam has not sunken.:laugh:

Not as big an idiot and full on douch bag as Trump, that's for sure.

But do we need to start a list of his dumb, and unconstitutional, and empty and idiot replies to foreign policy... (and many other issues BTW)... to make the point clear. how about this one to start:

Mika of Morning Joe asked him again about his foreign policy team and strategy and, more specifically, whom he consults with consistently.
Trump replied:
"I'm speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I've said a lot of things. I know what I'm doing, and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people, and at the appropriate time I'll tell you who the people are. But my primary consultant is myself and I have, you know, a good instinct for this stuff."

Are we supposed to be reassured but this wealth of experience and knowledge he's PROMISING us.
But Oh no wait a minute.... he's just telling us he has a "GOOD BRAIN" and Good Instincts....for this STUFF.

I like this Johnson quote
‘I hear that Donald Trump is watching the Olympics tonight. He’s seeing how high the Mexican pole vaulters go.’
Gary Johnson
SaveSave

jimnyc
09-10-2016, 10:18 PM
"Hi, my name is Gabby. I have trouble comprehending and finding a way to address the actual subject at hand, so instead I'll bring up others".

Bush did it!!

Elessar
09-10-2016, 10:19 PM

But do we need to start a list of his dumb, and unconstitutional, and empty and idiot replies to foreign policy... (and many other issues BTW)... to make the point clear. how about this one to start:

Mika of Morning Joe asked him again about his foreign policy team and strategy and, more specifically, whom he consults with consistently.
Trump replied:
"I'm speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I've said a lot of things. I know what I'm doing, and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people, and at the appropriate time I'll tell you who the people are. But my primary consultant is myself and I have, you know, a good instinct for this stuff."

Are we supposed to be reassured but this wealth of experience and knowledge he's PROMISING us.
But Oh no wait a minute.... he's just telling us he has a "GOOD BRAIN" and Good Instincts....for this STUFF.

I like this Johnson quote
‘I hear that Donald Trump is watching the Olympics tonight. He’s seeing how high the Mexican pole vaulters go.’
Gary Johnson
SaveSave

Do you really have to shout?

This guy is clueless. When was an island in the South Pacific going to tilt over and sink?
Must have been really high when he said that.

He's a blithering idiot....not progressive at all.....left sided idiot that is just like
Ron Paul....no clue to the REAL World.

Perianne
09-10-2016, 10:21 PM

I wonder if there is a scale or measurement that could be used to determine such a thing?

revelarts
09-10-2016, 10:55 PM
The interview went awry from the start. Hugh Hewitt, the high-profile conservative radio host who is moderating the next GOP debate, asked Trump about Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani (http://www.businessinsider.com/qasem-suleimani-iran-deal-2015-7), the commander of the country's elite Quds Forces who is responsible for overseeing Iran's network of proxy organizations.
"Are you familiar with General Soleimani?" Hewitt asked.
Trump said he was — but added that Hewitt should "go ahead, give me a little, go ahead, tell me."
Hewitt informed Trump that Soleimani runs the Quds Forces. ("Soleimani is to terrorism sort of what Trump is to real estate," Hewitt said.) But Trump started talking about how the US needed to treat the Kurdish forces in Iraq better, a reference to the US-led coalition's fight against the Islamic State (http://www.businessinsider.com/kurds-needs-arms-to-fight-against-isis-2015-6).
After a quick back-and-forth, Trump explained that he had misheard Hewitt.
In a later question, the radio host listed a series of other notable Islamic militant-group leaders — Hezbollah's Hassan Nasrallah, Al Qaeda's Ayman al-Zawahiri, the Nusra Front's Abu Muhammad al-Julani, and the Islamic State's Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi — and asked Trump whether he was familiar with them.
Trump said he didn't know their names but dismissed the question as unimportant because new people would supposedly lead the groups by the time the next president was elected. He also vowed to hire an extremely talented general to lead the US armed forces.
"But as far as the individual players, of course I don't know them," Trump said. "I've never met them. I haven't been in a position to meet them. If they're still there — which is unlikely in many cases — but if they're still there, I will know them better than I know you."Hewitt noted that Nasrallah, the veteran Hezbollah leader, has actually been in power for a long time. In fact, according to the Israel Defense Forces (https://www.idfblog.com/hezbollah/2013/06/18/nasrallah-a-life-of-terror/), Nasrallah has been the group's leader since 1992.
The two then debated whether Hewitt's questions were fair inquiries or "gotcha" attempts to get the candidate to acknowledge that he didn't know obscure facts.
"Well, that is a 'gotcha' question, though," Trump said. "I mean, you know, when you're asking me about who's running this, this, this. ... I will be so good at the military, your head will spin.
"But obviously, I'm not meeting these people. I'm not seeing these people," Trump added, repeating his claim that the groups' leaders would most likely be gone by the time he would take office in January 2017.
Hewitt insisted he was not trying to stump the real-estate developer, but Trump said it "sounded like 'gotcha'" and called it "ridiculous" to know the names of all the Islamic militant leaders.

"Last question," Hewitt said, "So the difference between Hezbollah and Hamas does not matter to you yet, but it will?"
"It will [matter to me] when it's appropriate," Trump answered. "I will know more about it than you know, and believe me, it won't take me long."

so Yeah Foreign policy GENIUS and JEDI MASTER Donald Trump speaking there.
:laugh:

revelarts
09-10-2016, 11:01 PM
Do you really have to shout?....

Just hoping to clear the cobwebs.
Since nothing ridiculous or illegal Trump says in a normal tone about Foreign policy (or anything else) seems to impact some people's judgment or stick in their memories.

It's simply a wonder to me that anyone can read or hear Trumps comments on foreign policy and think he's not an ignoramus and a pompous blow hard of an idiot.

revelarts
09-10-2016, 11:16 PM
"Hi, my name is Gabby. I have trouble comprehending and finding a way to address the actual subject at hand, so instead I'll bring up others".
Bush did it!!

When those that support a candidate that has a catalog of idiotic statements over the past year+ then stand's flat footed and says ANOTHER candidate is "an Idiot".
Sorry they've open themselves up for an in kind reply pointing out the hypocrisy and/or blindness.

if that bothers you then skip it.

BTW are you going to comment on other's.... or yourself even ...bringing Ron Paul into the mix every time i make a comment about Trump?
Paul isn't even RUNNING!
But somehow Ron Paul is "a way to address the actual subject at hand"?

Look bottom line, Trump's 10 time the idiot Johnston is on foreign policy and Trump doesn't have the excuse of years of drug use that Johnson has.

Abbey Marie
09-11-2016, 12:02 AM
Ok, Abbey. The gist of his propaganda was 'The Big Lie.' Then there was the whole 'non-aggression' stuff too. ;) Kinda reminds one of Putin, the current GOP nominee's bro crush. ;)

I was thinking more about the anti-Semitism. which was in itself a big part of The Big Lie.

Kathianne
09-11-2016, 12:24 AM
I was thinking more about the anti-Semitism. which was in itself a big part of The Big Lie.

Either way, Hitler lied. ;)

fj1200
09-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Do you really have to shout?

This guy is clueless. When was an island in the South Pacific going to tilt over and sink?
Must have been really high when he said that.

He's a blithering idiot....not progressive at all.....left sided idiot that is just like
Ron Paul....no clue to the REAL World.

How much of an idiot will you be when you finally realize that Gary Johnson made no such statement?

fj1200
09-11-2016, 01:24 PM

Is this the beginning of the Johnson as Hitler argument?

Abbey Marie
09-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Is this the beginning of the Johnson as Hitler argument?

No, silly. It's the beginning of the rebuttal to the "Honesty is all that matters" argument being put forth by the Stoners, I mean, Citizens, for Johnson folks.
;)

fj1200
09-11-2016, 01:48 PM
No, silly. It's the beginning of the rebuttal to the "Honesty is all that matters" argument being put forth by the Stoners, I mean, Citizens, for Johnson folks.
;)

My bad. I hadn't heard that argument put forth. Is it your belief that all Johnson supporters are stoners?

Abbey Marie
09-11-2016, 01:55 PM
My bad. I hadn't heard that argument put forth. Is it your belief that all Johnson supporters are stoners?

Really? It's right in this thread.

And no, I corrected it to "Citizens", didn't I? :poke:

fj1200
09-11-2016, 02:07 PM

I read that posters appreciated his honesty but didn't read it into that it's "all that matters." As I said, my bad.

And yes, you "did." :embarrassed:

Elessar
09-11-2016, 04:16 PM
How much of an idiot will you be when you finally realize that Gary Johnson made no such statement?

I will retract that the after search, but here is the other Democrat that said it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs23CjIWMgA

Kathianne
09-11-2016, 05:54 PM

I support him and haven't had any grass since '73. I don't think I qualify as a stoner.

revelarts
09-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Sorry Abbey but i have to ask,
So Johnson supporters are "stoners" and it's OK to say that but it's a horrible insult to say that some Trump supporters are "deplorable"?
And Hitler comparisons are Ok against Johnson but not for Trump.
c'mon really

good for the goose right? no?

Abbey Marie
09-11-2016, 07:54 PM
So Johnson supporters are "stoners" and it's OK to say that but it's a horrible insult to say that some Trump supporters are "deplorable"?
c'mon really

1. I corrected it to citizens. Obviously not everyone is . Kathianne and you, for example.
2. I don't believe any public figure said 50% of his supporters are stoners.

I realize that you have a visceral hatred for Trump, and it causes you to turn a blind eye to Gary J's shortcomings. I think we have only begun to even know what they all are. In any event, he will be a tiny footnote in history, at best.

revelarts
09-11-2016, 09:04 PM
1. I corrected it to citizens. Obviously not everyone is . Kathianne and you, for example.

I realize that you have a visceral hatred for Trump, and it causes you to turn a blind eye to Gary J's shortcomings. I think we have only begun to even know what they all are. In any event, he will be a tiny footnote in history, at best.

Am i one to turn a blind eye to politicians shortcomings?
well ok.

But i don't "hate" Trump. (why is it that when i criticize specifics people think i hate the whole?)
I think he should continue with his reality shows, hotels and casinos. I wish him HUGE success there.
But as a politician and potential president yes i think he's crap on fire.
And should never get close to a seat in public office.

And there's plenty i seriously don't agree with Johnston on but with all his political and personal faults I sincerely think he's FAR better than Trump for any public office.
Trump is probably a far better reality show host and creator than Johnson.

fj1200
09-12-2016, 11:07 AM
I will retract that the after search, but here is the other Democrat that said it:

How's that search coming?

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 12:07 PM

So true, so true. In the end, the footnote for Johnson will be below even that of Perot. :laugh: Did Perot often do drugs as well?

He can have a blast and party all the man likes - just not in the oval office. He can save his bong for anywhere at all, just not as a politician. I would say his brain is too fried for my liking, and he's proved that to me. If others want to knock themselves out by voting for him.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 12:08 PM
c'mon really

Folks referred to Trump with the Hitler comparisons a long way back. Where were you then? Folks called Trump and his supporters all kinds of names. Where were you then? But now someone makes a funny about the stoner and they need to answer for it! :lol:

Perianne
09-12-2016, 12:14 PM
I thought you guys were joking about him being a pothead. But hey, it's cool. As long as he is not a racist, right?

Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson revealed on Thursday that he is abstaining from using marijuana while he runs for the White House.

During an interview with USA Today, Johnson was asked how long it’s been since he's taken the drug.

"It's been about seven weeks," he responded, adding that he would not partake in the drug during his term if he’s elected. "I want to be completely on top of my game, all cylinders."

Johnson has long advocated for legalizing the drug, saying on Thursday that there is "an unbelievable disconnect" between politicians and the public on the issue.

"I haven't had a drink of alcohol in 29 years because of rock climbing and the notion of being the best that you can be, and in that same vein I've stopped using marijuana of any kind," he said earlier in the interview.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283878-johnson-ive-stopped-using-marijuana-while-running-for

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 12:15 PM
I thought you guys were joking about him being a pothead. But hey, it's cool. As long as he is not a racist, right?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283878-johnson-ive-stopped-using-marijuana-while-running-for

And he also ate some edibles after he "quit" as well.

Perianne
09-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Isn't it illegal to smoke pot?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9348&stc=1

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Isn't it illegal to smoke pot?

Not in all states. And not when you are/were the Ceo of a marijuana company. That company is from Nevada, but aims it towards medicinal marijuana - as well as recreational users in the legal states.

Perianne
09-12-2016, 12:22 PM
Not in all states. And not when you are/were the Ceo of a marijuana company. That company is from Nevada, but aims it towards medicinal marijuana - as well as recreational users in the legal states.

It is a federal crime.

http://norml.org/laws/item/federal-penalties-2

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 12:26 PM
It is a federal crime.

http://norml.org/laws/item/federal-penalties-2

Agreed, but the feds have taken a back seat for now and are allowing the states to make decisions (the way it should be). But yes, still a federal law against it, even if legal in your state.

So yes, before you ask - Johnson WAS breaking federal law with any such business. And that's why such companies find alternative ways to "bank" their money, as regular banks will not do business with the stoners. So for now, it's mainly a cash business, or hide your money business.

But no big deal with a prez wanting to break federal law, he already wants to legalize every drug out there anyway.

Perianne
09-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Agreed, but the feds have taken a back seat for now and are allowing the states to make decisions (the way it should be). But yes, still a federal law against it, even if legal in your state.

So yes, before you ask - Johnson WAS breaking federal law with any such business. And that's why such companies find alternative ways to "bank" their money, as regular banks will not do business with the stoners. So for now, it's mainly a cash business, or hide your money business.

But no big deal with a prez wanting to break federal law, he already wants to legalize every drug out there anyway.

This should be a big eye-opener for those non-stoners who planned to vote for Johnson.

On the other hand, the Trump haters are an obsessed bunch, so anyone but Trump I guess.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 12:33 PM
This should be a big eye-opener for those non-stoners who planned to vote for Johnson.

On the other hand, the Trump haters are an obsessed bunch, so anyone but Trump I guess.

Those that made up their minds about Trump, those who declared "never Trump" or similar, this issue won't be any eye opener at all. If HILLARY isn't enough to have someone say "No way, no way in hell I take a chance of her getting elected..." - then don't think because Johnson gets high every now and again will change any minds. I'd say that really nothing will change minds for the most part.

Now, it IS possible things like this will deter the undecideds away from him, and hopefully and rightfully so.

Perianne
09-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Those that made up their minds about Trump, those who declared "never Trump" or similar, this issue won't be any eye opener at all. If HILLARY isn't enough to have someone say "No way, no way in hell I take a chance of her getting elected..." - then don't think because Johnson gets high every now and again will change any minds. I'd say that really nothing will change minds for the most part.

Now, it IS possible things like this will deter the undecideds away from him, and hopefully and rightfully so.

You're right. I was trying to inject logic into the issue. :)

Abbey Marie
09-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Wait, so Gary stopped drinking (had a problem wth it?) so he could rock climb. One might conclude that since he hadn't quit weed for that reason, he rock climbs stoned? But Trump's judgment is suspect?

:uhoh::confused0058:

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 01:33 PM
Wait, so Gary stopped drinking (had a problem wth it?) so he could rock climb. One might conclude that since he hadn't quit weed for that reason, he rock climbs stoned? But Trump's judgment is suspect?

:uhoh::confused0058:

Gary stopped smoking his weed several times, and has always went back to smoking. I have little faith that he would stop for good this go round either. Or eating his marijuana edibles. Especially if he was so into his weed that he was in the business.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Gary stopped smoking his weed several times, and has always went back to smoking. I have little faith that he would stop for good this go round either. Or eating his marijuana edibles. Especially if he was so into his weed that he was in the business.

Not to mention the stress of the Oval Office. Perfect reason to whip out the bong.

:420:

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Not to mention the stress of the Oval Office. Perfect reason to whip out the bong.

:420:

I'd say that Gary would be the first to do so, but Willie Nelson claimed that already, and on the roof as well. But nothing wrong with coming in 2nd!!

revelarts
09-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Folks referred to Trump with the Hitler comparisons a long way back. Where were you then? Folks called Trump and his supporters all kinds of names. Where were you then? But now someone makes a funny about the stoner and they need to answer for it! :lol:

Well Jim, I never joined in calling Trump "Hitler" or calling his supporters names.
If i did, please quote me.
I don't think Kath or FJ have done it either.
It seems those here that might have, have been practically run off the board for not showing Trump and his supporters proper respect.

Trump's supporters are the ones who've taken great offense to the dismissive name calling of others, but now they seem to have little problem doing the same.

Seems to me a little leading by example might be in order.
It might help make america great again if people would more of that.

SaveSave

pete311
09-12-2016, 06:53 PM
Hypocrisy strikes again. I'm not saying Gary didn't bomb that question but Trump did this twice not knowing the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah and Kurds and Quds.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 07:04 PM
Well Jim, I never joined in calling Trump "Hitler" or calling his supporters names.
If i did, please quote me.
I don't think Kath or FJ have done it either.
It seems those here that might have, have been practically run off the board for not showing Trump and his supporters proper respect.

Trump's supporters are the ones who've taken great offense to the dismissive name calling of others, but now they seem to have little problem doing the same.

Seems to me a little leading by example might be in order.
It might help make america great again if people would more of that.

SaveSave

Specifically if you will - WHO has been run off the board? And for not supporting Trump? Now I see why you like Johnson, you're probably as stoned as he is. In other words, you're full of shit.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 07:06 PM
Hypocrisy strikes again. I'm not saying Gary didn't bomb that question but Trump did this twice not knowing the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah and Kurds and Quds.

Who are you voting for, Stein? :lol:

If you want to point and claim hypocrisy based on that - can you please link to the many threads/posts you have made pointing out the endless negative aspects of Hillary?

Russ
09-12-2016, 07:13 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9348&stc=1

Is this a picture of someone running for President of the United States, or is it one of the cast members of Cheech and Chong's "Up in Smoke"? Or possibly both?

Abbey Marie
09-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Is this a picture of someone running for President of the United States, or is it one of the cast members of Cheech and Chong's "Up in Smoke"? Or possibly both?

:laugh:

I just noticed that his shirt says "Hi", and his eyes are bloodshot.

:banana:

pete311
09-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Who are you voting for, Stein? :lol:

If you want to point and claim hypocrisy based on that - can you please link to the many threads/posts you have made pointing out the endless negative aspects of Hillary?

1. hell no
2. You guys do that enough, someone has to balance you. this place is so right field you're out of the ballpark.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 07:53 PM
1. hell no
2. You guys do that enough, someone has to balance you. this place is so right field you're out of the ballpark.

One can be center and be out of the ball park as well, as well as left. Dummy. :)

fj1200
09-13-2016, 07:59 AM

How's that search coming? As far as I remember only a Democrat said it. ;)