PDA

View Full Version : John Hinckley released

jimnyc
09-10-2016, 08:41 PM
I don't like this guy being out. I suppose he paid his debt, or finished his time in the cuckoo bin, but something still feels wrong about this.

-----

Would-Be Reagan Assassin John Hinckley Jr. Released

The man who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan in order to impress actress Jodie Foster has been released from a mental hospital after 35 years.

John Hinckley Jr., who successfully pled insanity after the assassination attempt on March 30 in front of a Washington, D.C. hotel also wounded Secret Service agent Timothy McCarthy, District of Columbia police officer Thomas Delahanty, and White House press secretary James Brady.

USA Today:

The man who shot President Ronald Reagan has been released from a mental hospital after more than 30 years of treatment and rehabilitation, and will live with his elderly mother in suburban Virginia.

John W. Hinckley Jr. was released Saturday morning, the Associated Press and Washington Post reported, and will live in Williamsburg, which he has visited multiple times for short trips.

Hinckley, now 61, was 25 when he shot Reagan, a Secret Service agent, a District of Columbia police officer and James Brady, Reagan’s press secretary. Brady died in 2014 from his injuries; the others recovered.

The shooting on March 30, 1981, helped galvanize opposition to the easy availability of handguns and led to the creation of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

Hinckley used an insanity defense during his trial, and was committed to a mental hospital for treatment. Hinckley had been permitted to make longer and longer visits to his mother’s home over the past several years, and a federal judge this summer ruled that he was no longer a threat to himself or others.

Hinckley is technically on “convalescent leave” from the hospital, and he’ll continue to be treated and monitored on an out-patient basis, according to the judge’s order.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/09/10/would-be-reagan-assassin-john-hinckley-released/

Perianne
09-10-2016, 10:41 PM
The judge was Paul Friedman, a Clinton appointee.

Elessar
09-10-2016, 10:47 PM
It will be interesting to see how long he remains "sane".

revelarts
09-10-2016, 11:21 PM
I have to say I don't like it either.

But.... in a very NONE serious way folks.
I have to wonder if Hillary is president and Hinckley shoots her.
Well, i wonder just how badly some here will feel about this early/misguided release.
:poke:

Abbey Marie
09-11-2016, 01:42 PM

Well, i wonder just how badly some here will feel about this early/misguided release.

Now, Rev you know as a Christian I could never condone such ideas.

But given her precarious health, she may have a very short tenure in the WH anyway.

Elessar
09-11-2016, 05:09 PM

I cannot imagine how you would make such a comment, as critical and selfish as you are.

I will not engage such thoughts. If she makes it so be it. The rest of the
nation will have to suck it up just as we have had to the last 7.6 years.