PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Students on Track to Learn America Is to Blame for 9/11

jimnyc
09-10-2016, 08:48 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this load of crap. This is why we have a lot of young folks coming here, or arguing around the internet on social media, and they seem clueless to many facts. It's because they are, and were taught that way. This would hardly be the first subject skewered by our crappy education system at times. :(

-----

U.S. Students on Track to Learn America Is to Blame for 9/11

s America looks back on the September 11 terrorist attack that changed the nation, the direction of education in the country seems on track to ensure that U.S. students either forget that day entirely or view it as a result of America’s own failure to be open and accepting of other cultures.

Signs of the promotion of a “borderless” country that fosters unfettered multiculturalism could be seen decades ago in progressive school textbooks read daily by American students.

“Culture war” commentator Stanley Kurtz tells Breitbart News that the situation is likely only to grow worse with the left-leaning Advanced Placement (AP) U.S. History and European History frameworks shaping the minds of current-day American students.

Kurtz cites a piece by New America fellow Michael Lind, who wrote at Politico Magazine in May that the 2016 election has seen the near completion of “the reassembling of new Democratic and Republican coalitions.” Lind went on to describe his view of the future of the Democrat Party:

The Democrats of the next generation will be even more of an alliance of upscale, progressive whites with blacks and Latinos, based in large and diverse cities. They will think of the U.S. as a version of their multicultural coalition of distinct racial and ethnic identity groups writ large. Many younger progressives will take it for granted that moral people are citizens of the world, equating nationalism and patriotism with racism and fascism.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/10/u-s-students-on-track-to-learn-america-to-blame-for-911/

Kathianne
09-10-2016, 08:53 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this load of crap. This is why we have a lot of young folks coming here, or arguing around the internet on social media, and they seem clueless to many facts. It's because they are, and were taught that way. This would hardly be the first subject skewered by our crappy education system at times. :(

-----

U.S. Students on Track to Learn America Is to Blame for 9/11

s America looks back on the September 11 terrorist attack that changed the nation, the direction of education in the country seems on track to ensure that U.S. students either forget that day entirely or view it as a result of America’s own failure to be open and accepting of other cultures.

Signs of the promotion of a “borderless” country that fosters unfettered multiculturalism could be seen decades ago in progressive school textbooks read daily by American students.

“Culture war” commentator Stanley Kurtz tells Breitbart News that the situation is likely only to grow worse with the left-leaning Advanced Placement (AP) U.S. History and European History frameworks shaping the minds of current-day American students.

Kurtz cites a piece by New America fellow Michael Lind, who wrote at Politico Magazine in May that the 2016 election has seen the near completion of “the reassembling of new Democratic and Republican coalitions.” Lind went on to describe his view of the future of the Democrat Party:

The Democrats of the next generation will be even more of an alliance of upscale, progressive whites with blacks and Latinos, based in large and diverse cities. They will think of the U.S. as a version of their multicultural coalition of distinct racial and ethnic identity groups writ large. Many younger progressives will take it for granted that moral people are citizens of the world, equating nationalism and patriotism with racism and fascism.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/10/u-s-students-on-track-to-learn-america-to-blame-for-911/

This has been going on for years, as the article points out. The AP programs have been geared this way, BECAUSE the standards and goals are set and they align with them.

The one step parents can take is to grab the social studies, science, and literature books of their kids. READ THEM. If you find a lot of revisionism, make some notes and bring them up at school board meeting. There are basically now only two major textbook companies and if there is no push back from districts, they will continue what they've been doing.

AP teachers, NCSS, University professors have all come out against the revisionism, but the schools keep buying the texts.

jimnyc
09-10-2016, 08:56 PM
This has been going on for years, as the article points out. The AP programs have been geared this way, BECAUSE the standards and goals are set and they align with them.

The one step parents can take is to grab the social studies, science, and literature books of their kids. READ THEM. If you find a lot of revisionism, make some notes and bring them up at school board meeting. There are basically now only two major textbook companies and if there is no push back from districts, they will continue what they've been doing.

AP teachers, NCSS, University professors have all come out against the revisionism, but the schools keep buying the texts.

Honestly? I never even gave thought to that. I wonder how many parents would be onboard? And if we would see different feedback between read and blue states? It's a shame, when it comes to education, they should be distributing only the facts, not their slanted crap.

Kathianne
09-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Honestly? I never even gave thought to that. I wonder how many parents would be onboard? And if we would see different feedback between read and blue states? It's a shame, when it comes to education, they should be distributing only the facts, not their slanted crap.

Grab one of your son's texts, right in front you'll see who the 'contributors' are. 10 to 1, if you google them, you'll find they are on the dark side.

Education departments are the worst, when people say, 'those that can't do, teach,' that's where you'll find them. The whole curriculum in 'education' is to just keep coming up with new standards and 'best practices' to make room for more education classes. Seriously.

Find the teachers that you liked or that your kid likes, they likely majored in a specific subject or two, then got their 'teaching creds' which takes about 1 year, including student teaching. Very few education classes, which is a blessing. Likely they did some other jobs before going into teaching. It's the reason you'll often find lawyers teaching social studies in high school or those from business in math courses. They want to teach, but they aren't all theory.

jimnyc
09-10-2016, 09:09 PM
Grab one of your son's texts, right in front you'll see who the 'contributors' are. 10 to 1, if you google them, you'll find they are on the dark side.

Education departments are the worst, when people say, 'those that can't do, teach,' that's where you'll find them. The whole curriculum in 'education' is to just keep coming up with new standards and 'best practices' to make room for more education classes. Seriously.

Find the teachers that you liked or that your kid likes, they likely majored in a specific subject or two, then got their 'teaching creds' which takes about 1 year, including student teaching. Very few education classes, which is a blessing. Likely they did some other jobs before going into teaching. It's the reason you'll often find lawyers teaching social studies in high school or those from business in math courses. They want to teach, but they aren't all theory.

Ok, I saved that here at my side. Boy has door shut already. Probably on his game, but tomorrow can wait. :)

Elessar
09-10-2016, 09:29 PM
That really sucks. Revisionist theory? So the education system
supports a bunch of goat-screwers? Bullshit. Blame us by our
teachers? What kind of crap is that?

Yeah...we've been an ally of Saudi since 1938. But all of
the violent insurgents are ones there who could not get jobs
and were led on by a homicidal maniac.

Perianne
09-10-2016, 10:18 PM
You never know about teachers. Some probably even think Trump is as bad as Hillary, so nothing they do surprises me.

jimnyc
09-10-2016, 10:25 PM
You never know about teachers. Some probably even think Trump is as bad as Hillary, so nothing they do surprises me.

But there are also plenty that are ethical and teach as they know things to be. Kathianne is a teacher, and we differ on some subjects, but I know 100% for a fact that she would still teach based on the "factual letter of the law". <---- I just made that term up!!

It's the kooky liberal institutions. Or worse, liberal teachers that will simply revise history in front of your very eyes!

We hear these stories of liberal infested colleges out there, and even many liberal high schools by area code. You very rarely, if ever, hear about conservative indoctrinated schools out there. And those that some will accuse of being so - those are simply the good schools out there teaching the truth. :)

Elessar
09-10-2016, 10:37 PM
But there are also plenty that are ethical and teach as they know things to be. Kathianne is a teacher, and we differ on some subjects, but I know 100% for a fact that she would still teach based on the "factual letter of the law". <---- I just made that term up!!

It's the kooky liberal institutions. Or worse, liberal teachers that will simply revise history in front of your very eyes!

We hear these stories of liberal infested colleges out there, and even many liberal high schools by area code. You very rarely, if ever, hear about conservative indoctrinated schools out there. And those that some will accuse of being so - those are simply the good schools out there teaching the truth. :)

Difference between "truth' and ACCURACY!

Truth is a liberal and individual opinion! Accuracy is just that, point on, spot on, and not opinion.

Perianne
09-10-2016, 10:37 PM

She is a teacher? Who could have known? Thanks for having her back.

Abbey Marie
09-11-2016, 12:35 PM
Kath, as a teacher, what is your opinion on home schooling? If my daughter was little, and I couldn't afford Catholic school, I would consider it just to avoid all this indoctrination.

Kathianne
09-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Kath, as a teacher, what is your opinion on home schooling? If my daughter was little, and I couldn't afford Catholic school, I would consider it just to avoid all this indoctrination.

I like the idea of homeschooling, my daughter and son-in-law are contemplating using that for Ali. I think it ultimately depends on the parents and kids. I actually can't envision trying to homeschool my daughter, though I suppose if I'd found a good private music and art supplement, maybe. She really had a tough time with academics. My boys? Yeah, would have been a better choice than Catholic for the one, gifted public for the other. Then I look at how much the one got out of sports? I just don't know.

I do think that it's not that difficult to accelerate both the depth and content covered at home. There's so many ways to make the subjects relevant to their lives which deepens the understanding and reasoning.

Overall, if the parents have the wherewithal, I'd say it's superior.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2016, 09:02 AM
My son, Justin is in his first year at a Christian school. I can already see a huge improvement in the way he is being taught.
We plan on his education going forward to never again include the sorry socialized/liberal public education system...
I am even now contemplating if we may want to home school him starting next year.
I do not want him destroyed by the government run school system and its propaganda and lies fed to our children.-Tyr