PDA

View Full Version : Back From Vacation

crin63
09-11-2016, 10:08 AM
We took off for a week (3 weeks ago) to the mountains with my daughter so she could decompress after finishing this last term of Chiropractic College. She just finished her 1st year and is well on her way. She went back to school last week and is in San Francisco this weekend for a seminar on the thyroid.

Me and the Mrs. went to Lone Pine,CA - Bodie,CA - Randsburg,CA - Hawthorne,NV - Virginia City,NV - Reno,NV - Carson City,NV and Manzanar,CA.

We love to visit historical American cities. We particularly love the old west and mining towns. V.C., Reno, and C.C. were return visits. We were disappointed in how Virginia City is losing it's old west dirt on the floor feel and becoming a tourist trap.

Manzanar had quite an impact on my wife. It was a Japanese internment camp during WW II. It was something I was a bit more familiar with than she was. Santa Anita Racetrack was a Japanese assembly center for processing to a camp.

It's good to be home. Now on to moving my parents over the next couple months so they will be closer to us.