PDA

View Full Version : Atheist Group Demands Texas School Paint Over Ten Commandments Mural

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Everyone says it's ok these days to make demands, and these folks have such rights. Well, then I do too - and I tell these whiners to just shut the fuck up already. Go elsewhere if you don't like it, or deal with people like me tell you what a bunch of scumbags you are. Move along, but NO, you have to shit on someone's wheaties instead. Bunch of atheist worms. Too lame to deal with their own problems and need to shut others down. They are soem of the weakest of the weak, and that's a fact.

-----

A hallway mural of the Ten Commandments and a painted Bible verse came under fire by Wisconsin atheist group Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF), which sent a letter demanding a west Texas school district cover it or risk a lawsuit.

O’Donnell High School painted the Ten Commandments and a line of Old Testament scripture on the wall of a recently-built common area of the building. When students came to school Thursday, both were covered up, the Ten Commandments shrouded beneath the American flag, KCBD reported.

Dr. Cathy Amonett, the school district’s superintendent, said she received a letter from the anti-religion group FFRF on September 7. In it, they alleged receipt of an anonymous complaint about the Judeo-Christian display. The group asserted the mural “infringes on its students’ constitutionally protected religious freedom” and “the school district violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.”

The FFRF lawyer who penned the letter, Sam Grover, wants the school to remove the Ten Commandments. He told KCBD, if they do not, he stated there could be “a potential lawsuit that could cost the school district and taxpayers dearly” because the display violated the “separation of church and state and the right of conscience of each student at the school.”

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/09/12/atheist-group-demands-texas-school-paint-ten-commandments-mural/

Perianne
09-12-2016, 01:01 PM
...the display violated the “separation of church and state...

Where is this law about separation of church and state? I keep hearing about it, but I've never read it.

Elessar
09-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Absurd.

So a sniveling fringe minority threatens a school district clear across the continent from
their home base? It's like a school district can afford such a thing.

Tell you what...go down the street where there are topless and pole-dancing bars.
You have the Right to go in and view, behaving yourself. Or you have the Right to
walk on past. It is the same as viewing a mural or a flag display. Look at it or
ignore it. Why infringe on the Majority's Rights because you feel yours have been
scuffed?

Noir
09-12-2016, 01:33 PM
Just wait until schools are putting up scriptures from Islamic texts over their walls and some plank is saying 'hey just ignore it'.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2016, 01:34 PM
If you sat them down and forced them to tell you what they are afraid of, to put this much time, money and effort into fighting it, they would probably start over heating.

The truth of the Gospel makes their souls tremble, and it makes them hate the source.

Christianphobic for a reason!

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 01:36 PM
Just wait until schools are putting up scriptures from Islamic texts over their walls and some plank is saying 'hey just ignore it'.

Well, when some dolt claims such, I would tell him to go ahead and put it up, won't bother me. I would gladly ignore it. I have a mosque near me, I ignore it. There are muslim channels on my TV set, I ignore them. There are muslim everything, and I simply ignore every last bit of it/them. I'm not the type to not like someone, so therefore be an asshole and demand things be changed to my liking. Those are the weakest of the weak.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 01:37 PM
If you sat them down and forced them to tell you what they are afraid of, to put this much time, money and effort into fighting it, they would probably start over heating.

The truth of the Gospel makes their souls tremble, and it makes them hate the source.

Christianphobic for a reason!

Never thought of that, Noir must be the BIGGEST "christianphobic" in the world!

Noir
09-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Well, when some dolt claims such, I would tell him to go ahead and put it up, won't bother me. I would gladly ignore it. I have a mosque near me, I ignore it. There are muslim channels on my TV set, I ignore them. There are muslim everything, and I simply ignore every last bit of it/them. I'm not the type to not like someone, so therefore be an asshole and demand things be changed to my liking. Those are the weakest of the weak.

This isn't a mosque or TV channel though, it's a public school. Personally won't be so nonchalant to see Islamic texts paper their walls, but whatever ticks your clock.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Never thought of that, Noir must be the BIGGEST "christianphobic" in the world!

I'm gonna give that dubious honor to ol' Gnostic! :laugh2:

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 01:41 PM
This isn't a mosque or TV channel though, it's a public school. Personally won't be so nonchalant to see Islamic texts paper their walls, but whatever ticks your clock.

If muslims wanted a few lines of lovey dovey stuff that they think is good for your life, and it's in arabic on the wall, I couldn't care less. And it's not my clock ticking either way - I think you'll notice that the worms whining about such are usually not the religious type, but rather those that can't look at something and then go about their days, it's too damned hard once they saw it!