PDA

View Full Version : Trump least qualified candidate ever

pete311
09-12-2016, 01:14 PM
I fully realize most of you won't bother listening past 1-2 minutes. So be it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3RnrIZxGyE

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 01:31 PM

Less than that even. :) One can tell it's a hack job just by the title. Whatever one thought prior to the primaries, so be it, but we're LONG past that now. And no matter how much one thinks the other is less qualified, ANY other side is much more qualified than the criminal known as Hillary.

ANY of the 17 candidates put forth by the right were better options than Hillary. Sanders was a better option than Hillary. She was the LAST option, dead last. And no other candidate has a hope in hell other than Trump.

But before you expect folks to listen to 30 minutes of something, how about some cliff notes at least? How about giving say, a list of 10 new things in this video that prove he is the least qualified ever?

pete311
09-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Less than that even. :) One can tell it's a hack job just by the title. Whatever one thought prior to the primaries, so be it, but we're LONG past that now. And no matter how much one thinks the other is less qualified, ANY other side is much more qualified than the criminal known as Hillary.

ANY of the 17 candidates put forth by the right were better options than Hillary. Sanders was a better option than Hillary. She was the LAST option, dead last. And no other candidate has a hope in hell other than Trump.

But before you expect folks to listen to 30 minutes of something, how about some cliff notes at least? How about giving say, a list of 10 new things in this video that prove he is the least qualified ever?

So perhaps my title is not the best. It's basically Sam Harris who is one of our generations most rational thinkers talks about Trump. No gotcha's, just honest review of the man and his ideas. Cliff notes are hard because it's pretty intellectual and breaking it down only does the talk disservice. And you'll debate my cliff notes and not what is actually said. It's interesting stuff whether you like Trump or not. Lots of food for thought.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 01:43 PM
So perhaps my title is not the best. It's basically Sam Harris who is one of our generations most rational thinkers talks about Trump. No gotcha's, just honest review of the man and his ideas. Cliff notes are hard because it's pretty intellectual and breaking it down only does the talk disservice. And you'll debate my cliff notes and not what is actually said. It's interesting stuff whether you like Trump or not. Lots of food for thought.

Not debating anything, just don't want to sit and listen to ANYthing for 30 minutes, even if it would guarantee a Trump victory! LOL I prefer reading (with paragraphs of course).

Does this guy have a website? Maybe he does have the text there?

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 01:48 PM
He just more or less agreed that Hillary is perhaps more qualified than anyone for that office.

Holy crap! You lost me at the :47 second mark!! I knew this was going to be a hack job, I never should have hit the play button.:laugh:

pete311
09-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Not debating anything, just don't want to sit and listen to ANYthing for 30 minutes, even if it would guarantee a Trump victory! LOL I prefer reading (with paragraphs of course).

Does this guy have a website? Maybe he does have the text there?

Nah, oh well, thanks anyway

Perianne
09-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Sam Harris is an atheist and was raised by a Jewish mother. Of course he is against Donald Trump. Duh.

pete311
09-12-2016, 01:50 PM
He just more or less agreed that Hillary is perhaps more qualified than anyone for that office.

Holy crap! You lost me at the :47 second mark!! I knew this was going to be a hack job, I never should have hit the play button.:laugh:

Called it, less than a minute. Keep listening to only people you agree with.

pete311
09-12-2016, 01:55 PM
If you listen to the whole thing, then you can comment all you want. If not and still comment, then you are pathetic and lazy.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 01:55 PM
Called it, less than a minute. Keep listening to only people you agree with.

And I'll ask you to watch a rightie hack for 30 minutes, and you'll do so? Sorry, WHY would I want to listen to someone like that? A hack for Hillary bashing Trump? We have that all over the place, and the same in reverse.

Can you not "type"? How am I somehow only listening to one side when I don't want to waste 30 minutes? YOU listened to this crap - and you can't write a paragraph or 2 about it?

I can pass garbage across your plate and call it that you won't waste your time. You're not exactly a fortune teller here.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 01:57 PM
If you listen to the whole thing, then you can comment all you want. If not and still comment, then you are pathetic and lazy.

And yet that's EXACTLY what you did - you listened to the entire thing but don't want to comment, you just demand others do the same.

Noir
09-12-2016, 02:02 PM
The best thing about listening to Sam Harris is knowing how much people on here would agree with him when he breaks down topics like Islam, Political correctness, 2nd amendment rights etc, and yet when he applies the same reasoning and depth of investigative thought to a topic in which they do not agree... then he is an obvious hack and so on.

No one person has changed my mind on as many topics as Sam Harris has, and while I may not agree with him on everything, there is nothing in which I'd disagree with him that he does not present as well considered.

pete311
09-12-2016, 02:03 PM
And yet that's EXACTLY what you did - you listened to the entire thing but don't want to comment, you just demand others do the same.
I'm just saying if you want to comment, listen to the whole thing, or don't listen/comment at all.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 02:07 PM
then he is an obvious hack and so on.

I really couldn't say. But his first minute was a hack for Hillary, and that was enough for me. If it were in txt format, I would read the entire thing, no matter what. But if someone agrees that Hillary may be the most qualified ever, then I see no reason why I should sit still for 30 minutes. And I'm confident if it were something new, something not discussed here already - that Pete would have posted it already. So in other words, nothing new, just another way of saying it, from someone who thinks Hillary is perhaps the most qualified ever?

Or write out the various points and I'm glad to debate/discuss.

pete311
09-12-2016, 02:10 PM
I really couldn't say. But his first minute was a hack for Hillary, and that was enough for me. If it were in txt format, I would read the entire thing, no matter what. But if someone agrees that Hillary may be the most qualified ever, then I see no reason why I should sit still for 30 minutes. And I'm confident if it were something new, something not discussed here already - that Pete would have posted it already. So in other words, nothing new, just another way of saying it, from someone who thinks Hillary is perhaps the most qualified ever?

That Hilary bit is about 60 seconds long.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 02:11 PM
I'm just saying if you want to comment, listen to the whole thing, or don't listen/comment at all.

Well, it is a message board after all. I don't think any of us get to make posts, and then tell others the conditions in which they can reply. I simply disagree based on the title alone. But then the first 47 seconds did the rest. And if no one can at least tell me a few things that are NEW going into this, then I really don't see a reason.

How about telling us some of it - WHAT is it that he states that makes Trump the least qualified ever?

Noir
09-12-2016, 02:14 PM

The audio is taken from a Podcast which has no transcription, or attached blog post.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 02:15 PM
It's ok for this guy to state that Hillary may perhaps be one of the most qualified ever...

And if anyone were to dare say the same about Trump - it would be indistinguishable from a mental illness...

and I'm now up to :57

But no hack job here...

pete311
Well, it is a message board after all. I don't think any of us get to make posts, and then tell others the conditions in which they can reply. I simply disagree based on the title alone. But then the first 47 seconds did the rest. And if no one can at least tell me a few things that are NEW going into this, then I really don't see a reason.

How about telling us some of it - WHAT is it that he states that makes Trump the least qualified ever?

Of course there is no new information. It's not a breaking news podcast. It's the man's ability to construct rational and logical arguments based on what we already know. I don't want to argue cliff notes. Listen to the man.

jimnyc
The audio is taken from a Podcast which has no transcription, or attached blog post.

I'm vomiting inwards and listening now, even though I already know what I'm getting into...

pete311
09-12-2016, 02:16 PM
and I'm now up to :57

But no hack job here...

Congrats, a new record!

Noir
09-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Sam Harris is an atheist and was raised by a Jewish mother. Of course he is against Donald Trump. Duh.

You've been bringing up Jews/Jewishness of late, are we to add anti-Semitic to your list of titles?

Perianne
09-12-2016, 02:43 PM
You've been bringing up Jews/Jewishness of late, are we to add anti-Semitic to your list of titles?

Noir, you are silly. Of course not. I see things as they are.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 02:51 PM
I was beaten into watching this, and I was not at all surprised. It WAS a hack job, and Hillary WAS brought up again, so it leaves me wondering...

A great writer/speaker if you are looking for that. A lot of fancy schmancy words in there. But to me, content is content. The idea here was for him to bash Trump, just using many new words. Of course a few times mentioning how much more qualified Hillary is.

I learned nothing new. I didn't believe Trump was the least qualified ever, and I don't believe it anymore after listening to this.

Ask Revelarts, I usually don't indulge in lengthy videos, for this very reason. You owe me. My brain is making a fizzling noise right now.

Noir
09-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Noir, you are silly. Of course not. I see things as they are.

Indeed, I don't know why but most on the board seem to accept and ignore your racism, but I think they'll be more challenging of your anti-Semitic musings, then again maybe not.

jimnyc
09-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Indeed, I don't know why but most on the board seem to accept and ignore your racism, but I think they'll be more challenging of your anti-Semitic musings, then again maybe not.

Why the desire to get "most of the board" involved at all? Perhaps it doesn't bother some, perhaps it bothers some but they don't want to speak up, perhaps some don't get involved as the most of the time it's in the midst of frays like this one. I think most folks are capable of responding on their own in their own ways.

fj1200
09-12-2016, 03:16 PM

The parts I heard seemed to be a restatement of already made arguments. Qualifications are a dicey argument though but governors seem to be the best source of on-the-job training IMO.

Perianne
09-12-2016, 03:33 PM

I judge people on character, not race.

The last time I worked I did stuff and cleaned up stuff on a black person that would make many of you vomit. The smell was so bad that some of the other nurses refused to help. It wasn't my patient, but I didn't care. Another human being needed help - needed me - and I was there.

Please tell me what you did to help a black person last week. Or before that.

pete311
09-12-2016, 06:50 PM

The last time I worked I did stuff and cleaned up stuff on a black person that would make many of you vomit. The smell was so bad that some of the other nurses refused to help. It wasn't my patient, but I didn't care. Another human being needed help - needed me - and I was there.

What does this have to do with anti-semitism? What does Sam Harris's mother much less her being Jewish have to do with anything?

Noir
09-13-2016, 03:09 AM
Why the desire to get "most of the board" involved at all? Perhaps it doesn't bother some, perhaps it bothers some but they don't want to speak up, perhaps some don't get involved as the most of the time it's in the midst of frays like this one. I think most folks are capable of responding on their own in their own ways.

That was my point.

Did you tell that person what is lacking about 'their kind'? Indeed do you ever say these kinds of things to people IRL or do you not deem that to be appropriate?

Im also interested to know were you found out that Harris's mum was Jewish, given its not something I was aware of and I've read/listened to a lot of his work.

Drummond
09-13-2016, 05:24 AM
That was my point.

Did you tell that person what is lacking about 'their kind'? Indeed do you ever say these kinds of things to people IRL or do you not deem that to be appropriate?

Im also interested to know were you found out that Harris's mum was Jewish, given its not something I was aware of and I've read/listened to a lot of his work.

You seem to be working hard to demonise here, Noir.

When someone 'says it as it is', Noir, you can expect anyone committed to political correctness to oppose them. PC imperatives have little to do with an unfettered acceptance of truth, and everything to do with seeing the world as the imperative in play demands of the individual.

Me, I'm a realist. You must hate that, Noir.

Noir
09-13-2016, 05:32 AM
You seem to be working hard to demonise here, Noir.

Yeah the 'hard work' requires quoting what someone said verbatim, not an easy task.